Skip to content

DARNOLD = WHITE KIZER

The Browns Board
76 30 2.8k
  • I think Darnold is a talented prospect. He made some passes tonight that were absolute dimes. A less mobile QB would have gotten sacked at least a dozen times.

    But he needs to go back to school. He needs to take care of the ball better (duh) and he has to tighten up with throwing motion. He drops the ball down to his waist and then winds up to throw. In the NFL, where windows are smaller, this elongated throwing motion can be the difference between complete passes and passes knocked down or intercepted.

    And if he stays in school, the Browns will be waiting for him with the 2019 #1 overall pick... 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think Darnold is a talented prospect. He made some passes tonight that were absolute dimes. A less mobile QB would have gotten sacked at least a dozen times.

    But he needs to go back to school. He needs to take care of the ball better (duh) and he has to tighten up with throwing motion. He drops the ball down to his waist and then winds up to throw. In the NFL, where windows are smaller, this elongated throwing motion can be the difference between complete passes and passes knocked down or intercepted.

    And if he stays in school, the Browns will be waiting for him with the 2019 #1 overall pick... 😆

    Well said!  Poor Darnold Duck isn't ready for the NFL - especially the dumpster fire in Cleveland.   He looked better last year against the Penn State Big 10 Champ team that beat Ohio State.  In fact, he looked a lot more like a 1st pick overall as a Frosh than he did as a soph. That said, his offensive line gave him much more time while it didn't suck having a weapon like Smith-Schuster on the field.  It feels like he has more TD receptions this year than our entire WR Corps combined

    The part I couldn't stomach are the reminders of Duh-Shone's  carelessness with protecting the football (both kids fumble way too much for comfort).   The TD to INT ratio for DuhShone as a soph was 26 to 12 while Darnold Duck's was 26 to 13.  The difference is Kizer QBed a 4-8 team while Darnold QBed 2 consecutive Pac 12 Champions (1 that started out something like 1-3 before he took over last year).  USC's offense yesterday looked a lot like Ohio State's offense against Iowa. Our former Offensive Line Coach (Iowa's HC) Kirk Ferentz made sure his team won the trenches on both sides of the ball. And we saw pressure causing at least 1 pick 6 on Barrett that day. The good news was Barrett learned from it.  The bad news was it made a team as talented as Ohio State competing for5th in the Country instead of all the marbles...

  • @stillmotion said:

    He's proven to be better than D'arnold, and not have such a lack of character that a whole college hates him like Rosen.

    Rosen = Bust

    D'arnold = Bust

    Mayfield = Solid NFL Career coming

    quote me on that forever, i'm going full Ghoolie.

    Just wait and see, or bet me if you think I'm wrong.

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    See, this is the problem with you guys.  Looking for a QB to start right away.  Bring in a VET.  Let whomever we draft sit and learn from him.  It's the only we this team will ever be able to compete.  Yes, we let Wentz and Goff go.  But however do those QBs come around?  You could be waiting years for them.  Bring in Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins and let the young guys learn.  The other issue i'm seeing is no one is talking about Josh Allen from Wyoming.  But we'll wait until the Combines to see what is really there.

  • What I would like to see happen: next year QB room will be McCarron, Kizer and Mayfield with Kizer starting.  Alex Smith will want no part of this team unless the Browns make a stupid contract, which I don't see happening.  Not a fan of McCarron but I think Hue is going to make a huge push for him and get his way.  I think having a full offseason will help Kizer, he has shown to be a hard worker, just needs to get his head on straight in the red zone.

    What probably will happen: Browns will draft Rosen #1.  No matter who starts (vet or Kizer) the fans will be booing at the first interception and demand to start Rosen too early, he will get clobbered and doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to bounce back, and another NFL career will be ruined.  Rinse and repeat for the 2019 draft.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    See, this is the problem with you guys.  Looking for a QB to start right away.  Bring in a VET.  Let whomever we draft sit and learn from him.  It's the only we this team will ever be able to compete.  Yes, we let Wentz and Goff go.  But however do those QBs come around?  You could be waiting years for them.  Bring in Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins and let the young guys learn.  The other issue i'm seeing is no one is talking about Josh Allen from Wyoming.  But we'll wait until the Combines to see what is really there.

    @dawg2fan said:

    See, this is the problem with you guys.  Looking for a QB to start right away.  Bring in a VET.  Let whomever we draft sit and learn from him.  It's the only we this team will ever be able to compete.  Yes, we let Wentz and Goff go.  But however do those QBs come around?  You could be waiting years for them.  Bring in Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins and let the young guys learn.  The other issue i'm seeing is no one is talking about Josh Allen from Wyoming.  But we'll wait until the Combines to see what is really there.

    Multiple threads have discussed Josh Allen thoroughly. calfox is the board's Josh Allen Fan Club President.

    I'm all for acquiring Alex Smith to start for a season or so while the rookie sits and learns (probably less start time for Smith if Rosen is drafted), but you want to throw most likely the biggest contract in NFL history at Cousins for him to basically man the position for a season while a rookie - and his eventual replacement - sits? There's going to be some decent vet QBs available this offseason that could fill that spot cheaper than Cousins. Why would Cousins sign with a team that looks at him as a short term starter?

  • @stillmotion said:

    He's proven to be better than D'arnold, and not have such a lack of character that a whole college hates him like Rosen.

    Rosen = Bust

    D'arnold = Bust

    Mayfield = Solid NFL Career coming

    quote me on that forever, i'm going full Ghoolie.

    Just wait and see, or bet me if you think I'm wrong.

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    Even worse than the body frame of a #2 pencil - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.  I didn't see any of the games he won the  year his HC got fired.

    I wish he won a game he wasn't supposed to like Bernie Kosar beating Nebraska or Aaron Rodgers beating a much more talented USC team. Or, how about Joe Montana erasing a huge deficit to an undefeated Texas team for a National Championship W. Back in the early 80s John Elway erased a 20 or 28 point halftime deficit to tie a much more talented Ohio State team they didn't belong on the same field with.  It wasn't a win or loss - but it certainly foreshadowed a QB you can't fall asleep at the wheel on as we would learn the hard way with during the mid-late 80s.  I want to see more magic than junk time stats during games this kid couldn't/didn't win.  Do you want the next Jay Cutler or a Difference maker whose team wins because of him?   Rosen has more "yeah buts" than a Budweiser Frog Commercial.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    Even worse than the body frame of a #2 pencil - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.  I didn't see any of the games he won the  year his HC got fired.

    I wish he won a game he wasn't supposed to like Bernie Kosar beating Nebraska or Aaron Rodgers beating a much more talented USC team. Or, how about Joe Montana erasing a huge deficit to an undefeated Texas team for a National Championship W. Back in the early 80s John Elway erased a 20 or 28 point halftime deficit to tie a much more talented Ohio State team they didn't belong on the same field with.  It wasn't a win or loss - but it certainly foreshadowed a QB you can't fall asleep at the wheel on as we would learn the hard way with during the mid-late 80s.  I want to see more magic than junk time stats during games this kid couldn't/didn't win.  Do you want the next Jay Cutler or a Difference maker whose team wins because of him?   Rosen has more "yeah buts" than a Budweiser Frog Commercial.

    @flugel said:

    Even worse - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.  I didn't see any of the games he won this year that his HC got fired... 

    I wish he won a game he wasn't supposed to like Bernie Kosar beating Nebraska or Aaron Rodgers beating a much more talented USC team. Or, how about Joe Montana erasing a huge deficit to an undefeated Texas team for a National Championship W. Back in the early 80s John Elway erased a 20 or 28 point halftime deficit to tie a much more talented Ohio State team they didn't belong on the same field with.  It wasn't a win or loss - but it certainly foreshadowed a QB you can't fall asleep at the wheel on as we would learn the hard way with during the mid-late 80s.  I want to see more magic than junk time stats during games this kid couldn't/didn't win.  Do you want the next Jay Cutler or a Difference maker whose team wins because of him?   Rosen has more "yeah buts" than a Budweiser Frog Commercial.

    Sissy? You ever have a concussion Flugel?

    Brady couldn't even keep his job as starter at TTUN. Manning was perceived as a choker in big games at Tennessee. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    Even worse than the body frame of a #2 pencil - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.  I didn't see any of the games he won the  year his HC got fired.

    I wish he won a game he wasn't supposed to like Bernie Kosar beating Nebraska or Aaron Rodgers beating a much more talented USC team. Or, how about Joe Montana erasing a huge deficit to an undefeated Texas team for a National Championship W. Back in the early 80s John Elway erased a 20 or 28 point halftime deficit to tie a much more talented Ohio State team they didn't belong on the same field with.  It wasn't a win or loss - but it certainly foreshadowed a QB you can't fall asleep at the wheel on as we would learn the hard way with during the mid-late 80s.  I want to see more magic than junk time stats during games this kid couldn't/didn't win.  Do you want the next Jay Cutler or a Difference maker whose team wins because of him?   Rosen has more "yeah buts" than a Budweiser Frog Commercial.

    @flugel said:

    Even worse - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.  I didn't see any of the games he won this year that his HC got fired... 

    I wish he won a game he wasn't supposed to like Bernie Kosar beating Nebraska or Aaron Rodgers beating a much more talented USC team. Or, how about Joe Montana erasing a huge deficit to an undefeated Texas team for a National Championship W. Back in the early 80s John Elway erased a 20 or 28 point halftime deficit to tie a much more talented Ohio State team they didn't belong on the same field with.  It wasn't a win or loss - but it certainly foreshadowed a QB you can't fall asleep at the wheel on as we would learn the hard way with during the mid-late 80s.  I want to see more magic than junk time stats during games this kid couldn't/didn't win.  Do you want the next Jay Cutler or a Difference maker whose team wins because of him?   Rosen has more "yeah buts" than a Budweiser Frog Commercial.

    how about baker mayfield beating Ohio State? 😉

  • Speaking of Mayfield - what's up with him?

    Rumors are he's extremely sick. Hopefully he gets better in the next two days.

  • Hey Ghoolie, is there a QB you like in this draft? 

    I see a lot of happy feet bullshidt out there.  Curious as to your take...

  • @thenew23 said:

    Darnold is more talented than ANY QB taken in the first round last year...

    He has the same passer rating as Deshaun Watson did his last year with fewer INTs and less talented o-line and receiving weapons.

    He actually throws the ball downfield, unlike Turbisky did.

    He may not be a "sure thing" pick, but hardly any of the successful QBs that have come out in the past 5 years have been. Id rank his potential up there with anybody from that time frame...

    Then you should get a job in the Browns FO. You would integrate seamlessly with those jackoffs.

    @ghoolie said:

    Then you should get a job in the Browns FO. You would integrate seamlessly with those jackoffs.

    You've clearly only watched this 1 game of his, and his entire team got dominated by Ohio State's defensive line.  When he has time, he can be lethal...

  • Speaking of Mayfield - what's up with him?

    Rumors are he's extremely sick. Hopefully he gets better in the next two days.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of Mayfield - what's up with him?

    Rumors are he's extremely sick. Hopefully he gets better in the next two days.

    And if you watched Sports Center after the OSU-SC game Baker was practicing. It was posited they kept him out of interviews to prevent foot in mouth disease. Though I must admit, Mayfield interviews well.

  • Hey Ghoolie, is there a QB you like in this draft? 

    I see a lot of happy feet bullshidt out there.  Curious as to your take...

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Hey Ghoolie, is there a QB you like in this draft? 

    I see a lot of happy feet bullshidt out there.  Curious as to your take...

    Mayfield is the best available QB.

    As you mentioned happy feet, that never goes away. It  can. It be trained, taught or eliminated. Arnold has happy feet DNA. The pros will expose this even more.

    Comments to the effect that "let' draft him because at times he makes amazing throws are examples of why the Browns keep drafting Schidt like Kizer and Garret. Fans think some how once we draft a player we will only see the best parts of them and by magic the bad stuff will just go away.

    Darnold is a picnic QB. He is a garbage prospect. 

    31 teams are now on the clock trying to spread propaganda and once again convince the Browns to waste their high picks so that other teams can get the best players.

    Mayfield.

    Also.....the kid from Syracuse may be the next Montana. I think he will not be ready until 2019, but I like him.

  • Speaking of Mayfield - what's up with him?

    Rumors are he's extremely sick. Hopefully he gets better in the next two days.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of Mayfield - what's up with him?

    Rumors are he's extremely sick. Hopefully he gets better in the next two days.

    he will be on espn at halftime of tax slayer bowl

  • Hey Ghoolie, is there a QB you like in this draft? 

    I see a lot of happy feet bullshidt out there.  Curious as to your take...

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Hey Ghoolie, is there a QB you like in this draft? 

    I see a lot of happy feet bullshidt out there.  Curious as to your take...

    Good question....   is Paxton Lynch a possible answer?

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    Hey Ghoolie, is there a QB you like in this draft? 

    I see a lot of happy feet bullshidt out there.  Curious as to your take...

    Good question....   is Paxton Lynch a possible answer?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Good question....   is Paxton Lynch a possible answer?

    LOL!😆

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Rosens a bust huh? And u know that how? Cause right now he's twice the qb that wentz or goff were at this stage in their careers. It just depends on where they land. Had we taken wentz he's prob be out of the league already. Same goes with rosen if we draft him and start him right away. 

    Even worse than the body frame of a #2 pencil - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.  I didn't see any of the games he won the  year his HC got fired.

    I wish he won a game he wasn't supposed to like Bernie Kosar beating Nebraska or Aaron Rodgers beating a much more talented USC team. Or, how about Joe Montana erasing a huge deficit to an undefeated Texas team for a National Championship W. Back in the early 80s John Elway erased a 20 or 28 point halftime deficit to tie a much more talented Ohio State team they didn't belong on the same field with.  It wasn't a win or loss - but it certainly foreshadowed a QB you can't fall asleep at the wheel on as we would learn the hard way with during the mid-late 80s.  I want to see more magic than junk time stats during games this kid couldn't/didn't win.  Do you want the next Jay Cutler or a Difference maker whose team wins because of him?   Rosen has more "yeah buts" than a Budweiser Frog Commercial.

    @flugel said:

    Even worse than the body frame of a #2 pencil - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.

    This is a major concern.

    We already have the Zumba instructor (as the Ghoul likes to call him) who volunteers himself for concussion protocol. 

    I understand the concussion protocol and all...and the seriousness of concussions.....but these guys chose to play FOOTBALL.  They should've chosen a different sport.  I mean really, it's like choosing to be a chemist and then saying you don't like handling chemicals.  Play golf!

  • @flugel said:

    Even worse - Rosen has already had multiple concussions.  I've seen him lose to USC and Memphis State and part of another game the sissy couldn't finish.  I didn't see any of the games he won this year that his HC got fired... 

    I wish he won a game he wasn't supposed to like Bernie Kosar beating Nebraska or Aaron Rodgers beating a much more talented USC team. Or, how about Joe Montana erasing a huge deficit to an undefeated Texas team for a National Championship W. Back in the early 80s John Elway erased a 20 or 28 point halftime deficit to tie a much more talented Ohio State team they didn't belong on the same field with.  It wasn't a win or loss - but it certainly foreshadowed a QB you can't fall asleep at the wheel on as we would learn the hard way with during the mid-late 80s.  I want to see more magic than junk time stats during games this kid couldn't/didn't win.  Do you want the next Jay Cutler or a Difference maker whose team wins because of him?   Rosen has more "yeah buts" than a Budweiser Frog Commercial.

    Sissy? You ever have a concussion Flugel?

    Brady couldn't even keep his job as starter at TTUN. Manning was perceived as a choker in big games at Tennessee. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sissy? You ever have a concussion Flugel?

    Brady couldn't even keep his job as starter at TTUN. Manning was perceived as a choker in big games at Tennessee. 

    I wasn't calling Rosen a sissy for the multiple concussions. I called him a sissy for the night game he left early because he bruised his back.  And he didn't play in a Bowl Game for another injury/reason. If he's getting this beat up in the Pac 12 - what are his chances for surviving life in the AFC North on a team coming off 1-31 football?  I see red flags you choose to dismiss.

    You wouldn't have drafted Peyton Manning?  Okay.  He won the SEC Championship over Auburn in 1997 just 1 year after he beat the Ohio State Buckeyes team with Eddie George in the 96 Comp USA Florida Citrus Bowl.  The only team he couldn't beat was Florida.  

    Even before any of us knew what Tom Brady would become - most Ohio State fans preferred to see the over hyped Drew Henson to the better QB.  Why wouldn't we have?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Sissy? You ever have a concussion Flugel?

    Brady couldn't even keep his job as starter at TTUN. Manning was perceived as a choker in big games at Tennessee. 

    I wasn't calling Rosen a sissy for the multiple concussions. I called him a sissy for the night game he left early because he bruised his back.  And he didn't play in a Bowl Game for another injury/reason. If he's getting this beat up in the Pac 12 - what are his chances for surviving life in the AFC North on a team coming off 1-31 football?  I see red flags you choose to dismiss.

    You wouldn't have drafted Peyton Manning?  Okay.  He won the SEC Championship over Auburn in 1997 just 1 year after he beat the Ohio State Buckeyes team with Eddie George in the 96 Comp USA Florida Citrus Bowl.  The only team he couldn't beat was Florida.  

    Even before any of us knew what Tom Brady would become - most Ohio State fans preferred to see the over hyped Drew Henson to the better QB.  Why wouldn't we have?

    @flugel said:

    I wasn't calling Rosen a sissy for the multiple concussions. I called him a sissy for the night game he left early because he bruised his back.  And he didn't play in a Bowl Game for another injury/reason. If he's getting this beat up in the Pac 12 - what are his chances for surviving life in the AFC North on a team coming off 1-31 football?  I see red flags you choose to dismiss.

    Actually I've mentioned numerous times on here my concerns about Rosen are character issues that seem to surround him, and his injury history.

    Apparently those are comments made by me that you choose to ignore.

  • But for that punchable ginger face

    @clevfan4life said:

    But for that punchable ginger face

    I wouldn't care if he looked like This:

    Winking Lizard Tavern Logo

    Can he win games?   

  • @flugel said:

    I wasn't calling Rosen a sissy for the multiple concussions. I called him a sissy for the night game he left early because he bruised his back.  And he didn't play in a Bowl Game for another injury/reason. If he's getting this beat up in the Pac 12 - what are his chances for surviving life in the AFC North on a team coming off 1-31 football?  I see red flags you choose to dismiss.

    Actually I've mentioned numerous times on here my concerns about Rosen are character issues that seem to surround him, and his injury history.

    Apparently those are comments made by me that you choose to ignore.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Actually I've mentioned numerous times on here my concerns about Rosen are character issues that seem to surround him, and his injury history.

    Apparently those are comments made by me that you choose to ignore.

    I'm going by this discussion I'm having with you about it instead of discussions I never read and participated in.  Make sense?  

    After further review, we agree about the guy.