Skip to content

Camp Tyrod + Lamar

The Browns Board
61 14 1.4k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #1

    Alright, somewhat joking.... but damn if it wouldn't be interesting. Louisville is about to take the field as well.

    (Also, I think Tyrod is a good QB, and I'd be more than happy if he ended up here next year)

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Tyrod would be a decent "bridge" QB.

    Lamar Jackson scares the hell out of me. Watched an 11 minute "highlight" film of him yesterday. 2/3rds of it was him making plays with his feet, and half of the rest was him scrambling around and throwing downfield when the play breaks down. Exciting stuff, for sure.

    But very little of what I saw translated to longterm NFL success.

  • Tyrod would be a decent "bridge" QB.

    Lamar Jackson scares the hell out of me. Watched an 11 minute "highlight" film of him yesterday. 2/3rds of it was him making plays with his feet, and half of the rest was him scrambling around and throwing downfield when the play breaks down. Exciting stuff, for sure.

    But very little of what I saw translated to longterm NFL success.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @dutch-oven said:

    Tyrod would be a decent "bridge" QB.

    Lamar Jackson scares the hell out of me. Watched an 11 minute "highlight" film of him yesterday. 2/3rds of it was him making plays with his feet, and half of the rest was him scrambling around and throwing downfield when the play breaks down. Exciting stuff, for sure.

    But very little of what I saw translated to longterm NFL success.

    Well, it's a highlight video. Those are highlight plays. Makes sense.

    He'd need to sit some wherever he goes.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Why discuss little else when Lamar is playing as I type.    I'll be sure to check in regularly.

  • Alright, somewhat joking.... but damn if it wouldn't be interesting. Louisville is about to take the field as well.

    (Also, I think Tyrod is a good QB, and I'd be more than happy if he ended up here next year)

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @mld-woody said:

    Alright, somewhat joking.... but damn if it wouldn't be interesting. Louisville is about to take the field as well.

    (Also, I think Tyrod is a good QB, and I'd be more than happy if he ended up here next year)

    Almost anything would be an improvement over Kizer, and just no to Jackson.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Stare down, throws into a crowded middle field and even sails it.  

    Old boy done hit you guys with the trifecta.   But, sure,  take him #1 overall.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Sitting isn't going to fix what ails Lamar.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    He runs all the time and has had several high throws and 2 picks in half a game. No thanks

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #9

    As an advocate of taking Lamar #1( as of now) this game is quite concerning. Lamar hasn't performed as well in big games. When we played LSU last year he looked bad but we were outclassed in the trenches. This year he has had some pretty ugly passes. Let's see how the game progresses. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #10

    The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Ignoring the fact he knows, and they know, Lamar has to carry this team on his back and make every play to win. 

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I agree that he has to carry the team but how much of that is him playing outside of the system. Our coach runs a good offense but he's never had an uber athlete at QB.  I still think he can be great in Greg Romans offense, but I'm losing faith he can work in a traditional offense

  • I agree that he has to carry the team but how much of that is him playing outside of the system. Our coach runs a good offense but he's never had an uber athlete at QB.  I still think he can be great in Greg Romans offense, but I'm losing faith he can work in a traditional offense

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I agree that he has to carry the team but how much of that is him playing outside of the system. Our coach runs a good offense but he's never had an uber athlete at QB.  I still think he can be great in Greg Romans offense, but I'm losing faith he can work in a traditional offense

    A person on this board who has an opinion but continues to gather data related to opinion, and after more info becomes available admits that his original opinion might be flawed?

    YOU ARE A MAN VIRTUALLY ALONE HERE! 😆 I'm not saying this because your opinion has shifted towards my opinion on Jackson, but I'm giving you props for actually using that lump three feet above your butt to continue to gain knowledge. That's rare.

  • Ignoring the fact he knows, and they know, Lamar has to carry this team on his back and make every play to win. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @mld-woody said:

    Lamar has to carry this team on his back and make every play to win. 

    been that way 2 seasons now.his OL protection forces most of his 2 yard sacks that pile up like Tyrod. 23 sacks this season best lamars 26 than 46 sacks last season. Deshawn Watson was a 67% cmp. rate.Lamar from last season was 56% but raised to 60.4.FAR less Quality WR's. Only Senior on offense is TE. Better pocket escape feet when needed than Watson imo. Has his arm touch got better this season?

  • The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mld-woody said:

    The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

    How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?

  • @mld-woody said:

    The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

    How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tiamat63 said:

    How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?

    I think he's lining up offsides as we speak.

  • @mld-woody said:

    The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

    How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tiamat63 said:

    How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?

    Doing what he can considering he's played 35 yards off the LOS and learning a new position. Hopefully he can get closer to the LOS next year.

    I mean, unless you're scouting says differently. I'd hate to disagree. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    How's your boy Peppers doing, might I ask?

    Doing what he can considering he's played 35 yards off the LOS and learning a new position. Hopefully he can get closer to the LOS next year.

    I mean, unless you're scouting says differently. I'd hate to disagree. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #18

    @mld-woody said:

    Doing what he can considering he's played 35 yards off the LOS and learning a new position. Hopefully he can get closer to the LOS next year.

    I mean, unless you're scouting says differently. I'd hate to disagree. 

    Up until this point, understand, I had ZERO issue with you.      But your incessant belief that I 'HATE' UM players and thus my opinion on them has no validity - by your own admission of my "OSU BIAS!!!!" has brought this disdain for my posts on every player I offer up my thoughts on after watching.

    You could line Peppers up near the nacho bitch in the stands, guess Shmucking what? - He's STILL going to take a shitty angle.  Like I said he would.   He still looks to tackle with his head down.  Actually that seems to be a symptom of most of our DB's so I can't fault him on his own for that.          I remember pointing out that he had an above NCAA average for missed tackle percentage while at UM (playing a more weakside backer role) and your rebuttal was "when you're in position to make more tackles, you miss more"...  paying no mind to the percentage part.

    I bet you'll get a menstrual when I don't offer up Mo Hurst has a sure-fire top 10 pick.     (Though I am starting to like Rashuan Gary)    I know, I know... "OSU BIAS!!!!!"         

    Keep singing that same song on recycle about "scouting" meanwhile  my posts have more football substance, detail and support because I put in time to not only watch, but to understand what I'm seeing. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #19

    1) you aren't the main OSU bias culprit

    2) that's not the rebuttal I gave

    3) you can say what you want about Mo, and I may or may not disagree

    4) Gary is a beast

    5) You can not like what I post for whatever you see fit. I don't like the posts where you act like the end all be all on scouting for players. 

    6) Damn, you really blew up there

  • @mld-woody said:

    Doing what he can considering he's played 35 yards off the LOS and learning a new position. Hopefully he can get closer to the LOS next year.

    I mean, unless you're scouting says differently. I'd hate to disagree. 

    Up until this point, understand, I had ZERO issue with you.      But your incessant belief that I 'HATE' UM players and thus my opinion on them has no validity - by your own admission of my "OSU BIAS!!!!" has brought this disdain for my posts on every player I offer up my thoughts on after watching.

    You could line Peppers up near the nacho bitch in the stands, guess Shmucking what? - He's STILL going to take a shitty angle.  Like I said he would.   He still looks to tackle with his head down.  Actually that seems to be a symptom of most of our DB's so I can't fault him on his own for that.          I remember pointing out that he had an above NCAA average for missed tackle percentage while at UM (playing a more weakside backer role) and your rebuttal was "when you're in position to make more tackles, you miss more"...  paying no mind to the percentage part.

    I bet you'll get a menstrual when I don't offer up Mo Hurst has a sure-fire top 10 pick.     (Though I am starting to like Rashuan Gary)    I know, I know... "OSU BIAS!!!!!"         

    Keep singing that same song on recycle about "scouting" meanwhile  my posts have more football substance, detail and support because I put in time to not only watch, but to understand what I'm seeing. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tiamat63 said:

    Keep singing that same song on recycle about "scouting" meanwhile  my posts have more football substance because I put in time to not only watch, but to understand what I'm seeing. 

    I'm sure I'll run into opinions tia has that I disagree with, but in a sea of "HUE SUCKS KIZER SUCKS" posts, actually reading posts that are nuanced and thought-out, with reasons for why he feels the way he does , is refreshing.