Skip to content

Who's #1?

The Browns Board
138 30 5.8k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Disagree... at least in my case.

    I believe Dilfer's account of young Josh as a difficult attendee of his camp. I also believe Trent's account of a "different" Rosen returning as an instructor. Why? Because they are quotes of a direct observer.

    General babble by an unnamed scout here or a GM there? I give less weight. Especially when there are quotes by named teammates and coaches that refute them.

    The guys who knew Johnny best would take a bullet for him and speak of his character. Sometimes it takes a neutral observer.

    I put about as much stock in Dilfer's account as I do in Gruden pimping every single kid that comes to his QB show.

    @wargograw said:

    I put about as much stock in Dilfer's account...

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

  • @wargograw said:

    I put about as much stock in Dilfer's account...

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

    @tour2ma said:

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

    You just don't get it Tour. Dilfer was a genius when he didn't like him and an idiot when he did. So what's the problem?😛

  • @wargograw said:

    I put about as much stock in Dilfer's account...

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

    @tour2ma said:

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

    Quote the other part of my post.

    Dilfer could have easily just thought the kid's attitude meant he wouldn't pan out but saw the talent there. And now that Rosen's gonna be 1 overall he wants to be able to say he endorsed the kid. Everyone loves a winner.

  • @tour2ma said:

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

    Quote the other part of my post.

    Dilfer could have easily just thought the kid's attitude meant he wouldn't pan out but saw the talent there. And now that Rosen's gonna be 1 overall he wants to be able to say he endorsed the kid. Everyone loves a winner.

    @wargograw said:

    Quote the other part of my post.

    Dilfer could have easily just thought the kid's attitude meant he wouldn't pan out but saw the talent there. And now that Rosen's gonna be 1 overall he wants to be able to say he endorsed the kid. Everyone loves a winner.

    Does Dilfer have a history of doing that?

  • At the one will be Rosen and only Rosen -- He simply didn't say that he didn't want to be a Brown. That's a flat-out lie. If you think he said that..... Look for a link showing a quote from Rosen stating precisely that.  You won't find it, because it didn't happen. Yes, everyone is getting it wrong -- either out of maliciousness or laziness.  I don't differentiate between the two because they lead to the same place.   To be clear:  Show quotes from Rosen -- not text from a reporter who is asserting he said something.

    [Ah, sociopathic gossip attacks.. It's the burn book/fake calls from Planned Parenthood techniques from Mean Girls played out on a larger scale]

    Rather, that became the narrative because he gave a response that wasn't generic.

  • @wargograw said:

    I put about as much stock in Dilfer's account...

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

    @tour2ma said:

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.

    Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion.

        boy, you sure give yourself a giant wedgie whenver anyone disagrees with you. Dilfer's two appraisals ...the first, I take it as how I see rosen, and how a LOT of experts see rosen. It's how a lot of women on the UCLA campus

    see Rosen. He SAID as much.  Now, Dilfer has a different account- I see that as:

    1. That wasn't even me that you are aguing with, meathead. That was Warpograw's quote you were "responding to"

    @wargograw said:

    I put about as much stock in Dilfer's account...

    The thing in Dilfer's case is he had two distinctly different accounts.Thanks for adding to the conversation, cal... in typical fashion. tour

    2. Not wanting to trash the kid's draft position

    3. Rosen surely knows he had better at least ACT like he isn't a jackwagon coming up on draft time. Oh, REALLY NOW? You don't get that?

    4. I'm sure Rosen has been coached to act more like a well-adjusted good human being, at least until after he is drafted and signs his first contract.

    5. Go hump rosen's poster, I don't care. I don't like the person he is. Jimmy Claussen comes to mind every time.

    6. But thanks for going back to playing arrogrant football "god" again, which used to be your typical Tour fashion.

    7. Have a nice day.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    There are no counter arguments about his character/personality.

    Missed this earlier...

    There have been plenty of counter arguments, counter accounts laid out by myself and others.

    This is typical of all your arguments. When reports are presented that don't fit your narrative, you dismiss them out of hand while all support of your conclusion is unchallenged.

    @tour2ma said:

    Missed this earlier...

    There have been plenty of counter arguments, counter accounts laid out by myself and others.

    This is typical of all your arguments. When reports are presented that don't fit your narrative, you dismiss them out of hand while all support of your conclusion is unchallenged.

    Go back and READ, Tour. I was talking about Darnold. There have been no counter arguments about DARNOLD's character/personality.I said Darnold. Then you went off to "expert but can't read well" land again.

  • @wargograw said:

    Quote the other part of my post.

    Dilfer could have easily just thought the kid's attitude meant he wouldn't pan out but saw the talent there. And now that Rosen's gonna be 1 overall he wants to be able to say he endorsed the kid. Everyone loves a winner.

    Does Dilfer have a history of doing that?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Does Dilfer have a history of doing that?

    No idea.

  • @flugel said:

    Offensively, our WR Corps is a train wreck. As happy as we were to see Josh Gordon the last 5 games - this group hasn't competed up to snuff.  Even worse, neither has the QB position.  We still don't have a dual purpose TE above ho-hum while we hope Njoku can establish more consistency in his limited role.

    Let's hope Dorsey can bring us the magic especially with the 5 picks in the first 2 rounds he's inheriting.  We shall see...

    Interesting take by Grossi on Red Zone tonight Tom. Said it wouldn't be out of the question for Dorsey to cut Coleman. He really hasn't done much in two seasons. 56 receptions, 718 yards, 5 TDs. MHO, he starts playing like a first round pick next year, or he's gone. 

    @hoorta said:

    Interesting take by Grossi on Red Zone tonight Tom. Said it wouldn't be out of the question for Dorsey to cut Coleman. He really hasn't done much in two seasons. 56 receptions, 718 yards, 5 TDs. MHO, he starts playing like a first round pick next year, or he's gone. 

    Yeah, I've never seen a WR conquer the dropsies unfortunately.  When I saw Biletnikoff Award winner with 20 TDs in 1 season - I thought "oh yeah, we definitely have room for that."  I never thought that room would be the bathroom after someone took a smelly dump. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Interesting take by Grossi on Red Zone tonight Tom. Said it wouldn't be out of the question for Dorsey to cut Coleman. He really hasn't done much in two seasons. 56 receptions, 718 yards, 5 TDs. MHO, he starts playing like a first round pick next year, or he's gone. 

    Yeah, I've never seen a WR conquer the dropsies unfortunately.  When I saw Biletnikoff Award winner with 20 TDs in 1 season - I thought "oh yeah, we definitely have room for that."  I never thought that room would be the bathroom after someone took a smelly dump. 

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, I've never seen a WR conquer the dropsies unfortunately.  When I saw Biletnikoff Award winner with 20 TDs in 1 season - I thought "oh yeah, we definitely have room for that."  I never thought that room would be the bathroom after someone took a smelly dump. 

    There was no picture more symbolic for the entire season than watching the overthrowing, underthrowing turnover machine consoling Coleman on the sidelines after the game ending drop. Where's Ernest "Death in the Afternoon" Hemingway when you need him most? Only a talent like that could do justice to the 0-16 ending.😛