Skip to content

Rosen

Locked The Browns Board
361 45 13.8k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup... have been since I first started seeing him... and then I looked.

    Since then every other candidate I've looked at has paled in comparison. It's actually made it hard to put in the work on some of them. But now that I'm trying to rank the also-rans, I'm having to force myself.

    So when Rosen doesn't want to play for Browns, or turns in to Ryan Leaf? I wouldn't even consider him if I'm Cleaveland. 

    @ghoolie1fan said:

    I wouldn't even consider him if I'm Cleaveland. 

    Given the judgement your screen name reveals... I am not surprised.

    Cleaveland.... Home of the Cleavers...

  • @ghoolie1fan said:

    I wouldn't even consider him if I'm Cleaveland. 

    Given the judgement your screen name reveals... I am not surprised.

    Cleaveland.... Home of the Cleavers...

    @tour2ma said:

    Given the judgement your screen name reveals... I am not surprised.

    Cleaveland.... Home of the Cleavers...

    Mayfield, actually.  A suburb.

  • Gil Brandt chimes in... not a bad endorsement.

    Gil Brandt‏Verified account @Gil_Brandt

    Talked w/ @josh3rosen this morning. Told me he wished it had rained during his @UCLAFootball pro day so he could show teams he could wing it in all elements. He did have plenty of wind to contend with and looked terrific both rolling out and in pocket. Best passer in this draft.

  • Also newly posted... Highlights and link to full post below. If you visit site be sure to note the tabs for the Bucky's books on Darnold, Mayfield and Barkley.

    Apparently Mr. Brooks is saving the best QB for last... 🥷

    ============================================================================================================================

    Book on Josh Rosen: Jets, Giants fit draft's most pro-ready QB

    By Bucky Brooks NFL.com Analyst Published: March 15, 2018 at 09:35 a.m. Updated: March 15, 2018 at 09:48 a.m.

    What I'm seeing

    Rosen is the most polished quarterback prospect I've scouted since Andrew Luck entered the league in 2012. In fact, Rosen is so polished as a passer that I would dub him "The Natural" based on his beautiful delivery and flawless footwork in the pocket. Rosen has impressive arm talent and is one of the few quarterback prospects with a full array of MLB pitches at his disposal. The UCLA star can throw with touch, timing, and anticipation or deliver laser-like shots on drive throws to the boundary from the pocket. In addition, he shows a feathery touch on up-and-over throws at intermediate range between the hashes.

    As a pure pocket passer with a high football IQ, Rosen is the prototypical franchise quarterback that NFL coaches, scouts, and executives covet. Measuring 6-foot-4 and 226 pounds, Rosen has better-than-advertised movement skills in the pocket. The former junior tennis champion slips and slides around the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield to deal to open receivers. Rosen's subtle movement around the pocket is reminiscent of a 10-year veteran, which is why he's viewed as a plug-and-play prospect by some evaluators.

    I can't complete a report on Rosen without mentioning the concerns some evaluators have about his football character and love of the game based on his outspoken nature and affluent background. Although I'm not concerned about those things, there is a faction of evaluators who question Rosen's commitment to the game based on his worldly perspective.

    In the end, I think it's silly that anyone would be concerned about those things, but Rosen must address them in his meetings with teams leading up the draft to change the narrative regarding his personality and commitment.

    Overall, Rosen is about as complete as they come at the position with a polished game that is ripped straight from an instructional video on how to play the position. He can make throws to every area of the field with pinpoint accuracy and precision. Although there are some questions about his intangibles and commitment level from some scouts around the league, there's no disputing his talent, game or potential.

    Where he should be picked

    As an elite prospect with the physical tools and mental aptitude to control the game as a QB1, Rosen should be one of the first quarterbacks selected in the 2018 draft. He's the most pro-ready quarterback prospect in the class and has the potential to be a perennial Pro Bowl-caliber player early in his career. Granted, he needs to be surrounded by the right supporting cast (pass-catchers and offensive line), but he is a scheme-friendly thrower with experience playing the game like NFL quarterbacks have been asked to perform for the past 30 years.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000920975/article/book-on-josh-rosen-jets-giants-fit-drafts-most-proready-qb

  • http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/02/is_ucla_qb_josh_rosen_tumbling_mel_kiper_explains.html

    Is UCLA QB Josh Rosen tumbling in NFL Draft? Mel Kiper explains slide out of Giants, Jets picks

  • http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/02/is_ucla_qb_josh_rosen_tumbling_mel_kiper_explains.html

    Is UCLA QB Josh Rosen tumbling in NFL Draft? Mel Kiper explains slide out of Giants, Jets picks

    @calfoxwc said:

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/02/is_ucla_qb_josh_rosen_tumbling_mel_kiper_explains.html

    Is UCLA QB Josh Rosen tumbling in NFL Draft? Mel Kiper explains slide out of Giants, Jets picks

    If he was tumbling....then the Jets would not have traded up to possibly take him.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/02/is_ucla_qb_josh_rosen_tumbling_mel_kiper_explains.html

    Is UCLA QB Josh Rosen tumbling in NFL Draft? Mel Kiper explains slide out of Giants, Jets picks

    If he was tumbling....then the Jets would not have traded up to possibly take him.

    @the-gipper said:

    If he was tumbling....then the Jets would not have traded up to possibly take him.

    lol. what? maybe they traded up to take somebody else? we''ll see !

  • @the-gipper said:

    If he was tumbling....then the Jets would not have traded up to possibly take him.

    lol. what? maybe they traded up to take somebody else? we''ll see !

    @calfoxwc said:

    lol. what? maybe they traded up to take somebody else? we''ll see !

    hahahahahahha barkley ???????

  • @the-gipper said:

    If he was tumbling....then the Jets would not have traded up to possibly take him.

    lol. what? maybe they traded up to take somebody else? we''ll see !

    @calfoxwc said:

    lol. what? maybe they traded up to take somebody else? we''ll see !

    They traded up to likely take one of 2-3 players.....Rosen would have been one of them almost certainly....but they could also like either Darnold or Mayfield.

  • I think cal and Mel are dating...

  • I think cal and Mel are dating...

    @tour2ma said:

    I think cal and Mel are dating...

    This isn't helping the rumors that Mel Kiper is paid off by agents to pimp their players... 

  • It's almost like Rosen comes from a wealthy family that could afford all of the QB coaching they could possibly give him...

  • wrongo. How about Mayock? Personally, I'd have rosenbum tied with Lamar Jackson at five.

    Was watching the NFL channel- some have the squealers drafting Mason Rudolph to toss little passes to Antonio Brown all over the place.

    With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning in two weeks, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916367/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings

    Quarterback

    1. Sam Darnold, USC
    2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
    3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
    4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    T-5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville
    T-5. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

  • wrongo. How about Mayock? Personally, I'd have rosenbum tied with Lamar Jackson at five.

    Was watching the NFL channel- some have the squealers drafting Mason Rudolph to toss little passes to Antonio Brown all over the place.

    With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning in two weeks, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2018 NFL Draft.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916367/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings

    Quarterback

    1. Sam Darnold, USC
    2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
    3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
    4. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    T-5. Lamar Jackson, Louisville
    T-5. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

    @calfoxwc said:

    Personally, I'd have rosenbum tied with Lamar Jackson at five

    We all are well aware of your personal feelings on Rosen.

    Your butthurt over his stance on your Orange Overload is why you are posting about him at 1am on a Monday night. 

    People with obvious maturity issues tend to have personal feelings that linger on and on. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Personally, I'd have rosenbum tied with Lamar Jackson at five

    We all are well aware of your personal feelings on Rosen.

    Your butthurt over his stance on your Orange Overload is why you are posting about him at 1am on a Monday night. 

    People with obvious maturity issues tend to have personal feelings that linger on and on. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    We all are well aware of your personal feelings on Rosen.

    Your butthurt over his stance on your Orange Overload is why you are posting about him at 1am on a Monday night. 

    People with obvious maturity issues tend to have personal feelings that linger on and on. 

    He's never called him Rosenbaumao or Rosenclit to the best of my knowledge.😆

  • If Rosen didn't have a brain that has already taken a good thumping, I would be on board with zero apprehension. 

  • Can't coach away a self-centered, immature, abrasive jackwagon personality - if not for that,

    he would at least make my top ten ....maybe.

  • Somehow I missed this thread.

    Cal doesn't want Rosen for political reasons?

    Oh God ... I hope we draft him now.

    Besides, have we tried a Jewish QB in Cleveland before? Maybe that is the curse-breaker.

    Zombo

    --Or maybe it's another 40 years in the desert

  • has nothing to do with politics. Fake news. I had rosenbum off my list well before I read about the

    political thing. It is what it is. What is this about rosenbum being Jewish??? and why would that matter?

  • A lot has been made about the concerns of poor intangibles with UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen. Those issues remain on the minds of talent evaluators. I spoke with two general managers of teams that are in the market for a franchise quarterback, and both of them said that Rosen's intangibles are still a major concern after reading the reports from area scouts. They feel because of his silver spoon upbringing, he doesn't relate well to all segments of an NFL locker room, and they think the desired leadership traits could be lacking with Rosen. Former teammates of Rosen who are in the NFL have been asked by teams about him, and they say he is atypical and a different kind of guy. Team sources also say that Rosen has a reputation for being a partier. He had a hot tub in his room and some team sources are worried about party substances.

    Party substances were a known and minor concern with Joey Bosa and Ezekiel Elliott in past years. Those negatives didn't keep either from going in the top five. That trend should be extended with Rosen. However, sources are more concerned about it with him because he is a quarterback who is supposed to be the team leader and face of a franchise. Thus, there is a higher standard of expectations. Rosen is going to get a lot of questions on his leadership, teammate relationships, and off-the-field habits over the next few months, starting with his interviews at the NFL Scouting Combine

    Read more: http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors.php#ixzz5AIetvf00

    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors.php#APsvFcl4Wh7S8y1s.99