Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. MAGA!

MAGA!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
20 Posts 4 Posters 659 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • marcusM marcus

    For me personally I’ll be overjoyed if it works out and will give credit where credit is due. I do however remain cautiously optimistic and it has zero to do with who’s President. 

    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @marcus said:

    For me personally I’ll be overjoyed if it works out and will give credit where credit is due. I do however remain cautiously optimistic and it has zero to do with who’s President. 

    You don't think any of the deregulation or the slashing of capital gains makes investors more eager to invest? And sure there will be a correction oh, there always is.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    marcusM 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      @marcus said:

      For me personally I’ll be overjoyed if it works out and will give credit where credit is due. I do however remain cautiously optimistic and it has zero to do with who’s President. 

      You don't think any of the deregulation or the slashing of capital gains makes investors more eager to invest? And sure there will be a correction oh, there always is.

      WSS

      marcus marcusM
      • 595 Posts
      • 104 Reputation
      marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by
      #11

      @westside-steve said:

      You don't think any of the deregulation or the slashing of capital gains makes investors more eager to invest? And sure there will be a correction oh, there always is.

      WSS

      Well sure it would. However, I am concerned without some specific regulations or any regulations at all what’s to stop the next crisis at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible?

      W 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • marcusM marcus

        @westside-steve said:

        You don't think any of the deregulation or the slashing of capital gains makes investors more eager to invest? And sure there will be a correction oh, there always is.

        WSS

        Well sure it would. However, I am concerned without some specific regulations or any regulations at all what’s to stop the next crisis at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible?

        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #12

        @marcus said:

        Well sure it would. However, I am concerned without some specific regulations or any regulations at all what’s to stop the next crisis at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible?

        Frankly nothing will stop the next crisis. I understand you would prefer to replace the income tax with an excise tax but good luck with that. These decisions are made by politicians not by business people anyway.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        marcusM 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • W Westside Steve

          @marcus said:

          Well sure it would. However, I am concerned without some specific regulations or any regulations at all what’s to stop the next crisis at the hands of the fiscally irresponsible?

          Frankly nothing will stop the next crisis. I understand you would prefer to replace the income tax with an excise tax but good luck with that. These decisions are made by politicians not by business people anyway.

          WSS

          marcus marcusM
          • 595 Posts
          • 104 Reputation
          marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by
          #13

          @westside-steve said:

          Frankly nothing will stop the next crisis. I understand you would prefer to replace the income tax with an excise tax but good luck with that. These decisions are made by politicians not by business people anyway.

          WSS

          I don’t see any more of an equatable way of managing our Nation’s finances. A fair or flat tax also all but guarantees everyone in this country for whatever reason pays taxes in some way shape or form.

          W 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • marcusM marcus

            @westside-steve said:

            Frankly nothing will stop the next crisis. I understand you would prefer to replace the income tax with an excise tax but good luck with that. These decisions are made by politicians not by business people anyway.

            WSS

            I don’t see any more of an equatable way of managing our Nation’s finances. A fair or flat tax also all but guarantees everyone in this country for whatever reason pays taxes in some way shape or form.

            Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 39k Posts
            • 9k Reputation
            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
            #14

            @marcus said:

            I don’t see any more of an equatable way of managing our Nation’s finances. A fair or flat tax also all but guarantees everyone in this country for whatever reason pays taxes in some way shape or form.

            I don't disagree with you necessarily. Just saying that's going to be a hard sell. 

            And I don't imagine for one minute that municipalities s and states and counties Etc are going to live within the means of the federal excise.

            WSS

            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
            marcusM 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • W Westside Steve

              @marcus said:

              I don’t see any more of an equatable way of managing our Nation’s finances. A fair or flat tax also all but guarantees everyone in this country for whatever reason pays taxes in some way shape or form.

              I don't disagree with you necessarily. Just saying that's going to be a hard sell. 

              And I don't imagine for one minute that municipalities s and states and counties Etc are going to live within the means of the federal excise.

              WSS

              marcus marcusM
              • 595 Posts
              • 104 Reputation
              marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by
              #15

              @westside-steve said:

              I don't disagree with you necessarily. Just saying that's going to be a hard sell. 

              And I don't imagine for one minute that municipalities s and states and counties Etc are going to live within the means of the federal excise.

              WSS

              Well they do with an already high income tax. Besides, this settles the rich not paying their “fair share” (whatever that’s supposed to mean) the wealthy in all likelihood should still be able to maintain their lifestyle in most respects and the middle class and below would conceivably be able to afford necessary goods and services as they would have a reduced income tax and eventually no income tax. 

              I know that you understand this concept just putting it out there for everyone else.

              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • marcusM marcus

                @westside-steve said:

                I don't disagree with you necessarily. Just saying that's going to be a hard sell. 

                And I don't imagine for one minute that municipalities s and states and counties Etc are going to live within the means of the federal excise.

                WSS

                Well they do with an already high income tax. Besides, this settles the rich not paying their “fair share” (whatever that’s supposed to mean) the wealthy in all likelihood should still be able to maintain their lifestyle in most respects and the middle class and below would conceivably be able to afford necessary goods and services as they would have a reduced income tax and eventually no income tax. 

                I know that you understand this concept just putting it out there for everyone else.

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                #16

                @marcus said:

                Well they do with an already high income tax. Besides, this settles the rich not paying their “fair share” (whatever that’s supposed to mean) the wealthy in all likelihood should still be able to maintain their lifestyle in most respects and the middle class and below would conceivably be able to afford necessary goods and services as they would have a reduced income tax and eventually no income tax. 

                I know that you understand this concept just putting it out there for everyone else.

                I don't think it will settle the rich not paying their share argument for one second. First of all the Democrats will never give up that mantra and second how long do you think it will be before they've decided that an excise tax on the middle class puts too much of a burden on them? Already most people don't pay any FICA as it is. Think those people be happy to pay a value-added tax all of a sudden? Just telling you how I would attack that if I were a democratic strategist.

                And do the townships the cities the counties and the states all adopt their own vat tax? Or just keep their own versions of the income tax?

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • marcus marcusM
                  • 595 Posts
                  • 104 Reputation
                  marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by
                  #17

                  It obviously works best  if state income taxes are done away with too. I’m unfamiliar with township, city, or county income taxes. However, this concept works best with as few taxes as possible.  

                  As far as the Dems and their crusade against the rich; I don’t see how they can argue that the wealthy don’t pay more when they purchase more expensive things (cars, clothes, houses, food etc) obviously the more expensive the good or service the more revenue is generated.

                  C 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • marcusM marcus

                    It obviously works best  if state income taxes are done away with too. I’m unfamiliar with township, city, or county income taxes. However, this concept works best with as few taxes as possible.  

                    As far as the Dems and their crusade against the rich; I don’t see how they can argue that the wealthy don’t pay more when they purchase more expensive things (cars, clothes, houses, food etc) obviously the more expensive the good or service the more revenue is generated.

                    calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                    • 64k Posts
                    • 8k Reputation
                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                    #18

                    @marcus said:

                    It obviously works best  if state income taxes are done away with too. I’m unfamiliar with township, city, or county income taxes. However, this concept works best with as few taxes as possible.  

                    As far as the Dems and their crusade against the rich; I don’t see how they can argue that the wealthy don’t pay more when they purchase more expensive things (cars, clothes, houses, food etc) obviously the more expensive the good or service the more revenue is generated.

                        Hi, Marcus ! I don't know much about all this stuff - but I do have a question... if state income taxes are done away with, and goods and services are taxed... does that drive up inflation? I don't have much of any idea...just wondering.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • marcus marcusM
                      • 595 Posts
                      • 104 Reputation
                      marcusM marcus wrote on last edited by marcus
                      #19

                      Hey there Cal. It might based on supply and demand but inflation, deflation, intrerest rates are all monitored,measured, and managed by the Federal Reserve (the private bank controlling our national worth). 

                      The problem could be that because this is a plan to end the Federal Reserve sabatoge is a possibility. If rates and prices are driven up high enough public outcry would demand legislation change.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                        • 28k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                        #20

                        Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        Theme
                        • System
                        • Light
                        • Dark
                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Forums
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Donate