Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. The Disaster Artist review

The Disaster Artist review

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
3 Posts 2 Posters 577 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The Disaster Artist
    A24 Warner
    R.                        103 min

    Okay to be honest I’ve never heard of a 2003 cult film called THE ROOM. I’m told that it’s one of the worst movies ever made and also a big hit among a group of idiots who attend each and every midnight feature shouting and throwing stuff at the screen wearing costumes and carrying props. You know just like ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. I guess there are stupider ways to spend your time (the Cleveland Browns 0 and 16 parade comes to mind) but I can’t think of too many. Ironically Rocky Horror is really not a bad film but the room, from what I’ve seen of it is pure garbage.
    THE DISASTER ARTIST is supposedly the actual account of how THE ROOM came to be produced directed and released on film. Acting students Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero (James and David Franco) are struggling (for good reason) in an acting class when Tommy decides the two of them should throw caution to the wind and produce Wiseau's “masterpiece” THE ROOM, the story of a creepy investment banker whose girlfriend has an affair with his best pal. If you aren’t already a fan of the cult hit you probably won’t have much interest how it came to exist, but if you are this should be a lot more fun. You can find lots of film clips of the original flick as well as discussions Etc. on YouTube which will help immensely. I did find out from that research that James Franco, the writer producer director, did a surprisingly good job of recreating Tommy Wiseau on the screen, and reproducing many of the original scenes to a T, no small task.  Still after all is said and done Tommy is not a pleasant character making it almost impossible to empathize with him.  That, and your own personal appreciation of the absurd, will determine how much you like this one. As for me?
    C+
    WSS
     

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • stillmotion stillmotionS Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 453 Reputation
      stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I liked this one a lot. I thought Franco and his brother did very well and it was decently funny. 

      W 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • stillmotionS stillmotion

        I liked this one a lot. I thought Franco and his brother did very well and it was decently funny. 

        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @stillmotion said:

        I liked this one a lot. I thought Franco and his brother did very well and it was decently funny. 

        I didn't love the movie but I liked it okay. His performance was certainly worthy of a nomination.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        Theme
        • System
        • Light
        • Dark
        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Forums
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Users
        • Donate