Skip to content

The First-pick Draft game thread

The Browns Board
114 29 4.0k
  • Your score is: 21448 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 4: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (C+)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 3: Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 30: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 24: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A)
    Round 5 Pick 22: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 1: John Atkins, DT, Georgia (A)

    Really like A LOT of these players. Barkley, Mayfield, Vea, Allen, Cobbs... Harrison, Oliver, Lewis, Michel and Atkins. 

    Also is it just me or does the sound of a totally new Punter and Kicker feel like a 'fresh' start?

  • I believe we may have the perfect draft for the 2018 Browns ..... Super Bowl 2 yrs away!

    Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 8 (CHI): Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa (A)

    Round 2 Pick 3: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)

    Round 2 Pick 6 (T.B.): James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Rashaan Evans, OLB, Alabama (A-)

    Round 3 Pick 1: DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (A-)

    Round 3 Pick 4 (HOU): Armani Watts, FS, Texas AM (A)

    Round 3 Pick 8 (NYJ): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (B)

    Round 4 Pick 3 (HOU): Cameron Smith, ILB, Southern California (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 4 (IND): Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 24: Poona Ford, DT, Texas (A-)

    Round 5 Pick 1: Josh Adams, RB, Notre Dame (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 3 (IND): Maea Teuhema, OG, LSU (A-)

    Round 5 Pick 22: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: David Bright, OT, Stanford (A-)

    Round 7 Pick 1: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (A+)

  • Brown's have too many picks.  I would package 5.22, 6.1, 7.1 for 4.15.  They would get a much better player.  Probably some solid 3rd rounder who has fallen.  They would still have 10 picks.

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    Brown's have too many picks.  I would package 5.22, 6.1, 7.1 for 4.15.  They would get a much better player.  Probably some solid 3rd rounder who has fallen.  They would still have 10 picks.

    In the real draft I expect plenty of movement of packaging picks as well as trading a few out to 2019

  • @sissyboyfloyd said:

    Brown's have too many picks.  I would package 5.22, 6.1, 7.1 for 4.15.  They would get a much better player.  Probably some solid 3rd rounder who has fallen.  They would still have 10 picks.

    In the real draft I expect plenty of movement of packaging picks as well as trading a few out to 2019

    @jcam222 said:

    In the real draft I expect plenty of movement of packaging picks as well as trading a few out to 2019

    The Browns should enter this draft with the mindset of "quality over quantity".

    They have a ton of young players already. They don't need to get younger, they need to get better.

  • Your score is: 20472 (GRADE: A-) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A)
    Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 3: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A)
    Round 2 Pick 30: Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE/OLB, Kansas (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Lowell Lotulelei, DT, Utah (A)
    Round 3 Pick 8 (NYJ): Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (B-)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
    Round 4 Pick 24: Marquis Haynes, OLB/DE, Mississippi (A)
    Round 5 Pick 1: Javon Wims, WR, Georgia (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 22: Trey Marshall, SS, Florida State (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Sean Welsh, C, Iowa (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 1: Richie James, WR, Middle Tennessee (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2019 Round 1 Pick
    2020 Round 1 Pick

    Thought I try my 2 defender draft out, Jets offered 1-6,2-5,3-8 for my 4th overall..With the 3-8 Gisecki, might of reached, but the dude caught everything,bookend with Njouku, not quite the level of Gronk/hernandez,but none the less.  WR:Gordon,Wims,St.Brown, coleman. I could live with it. 

  • Damien Harris going back to Bama for senior year

  • Damien Harris going back to Bama for senior year

    @darren15 said:

    Damien Harris going back to Bama for senior year

    Well they better get it straightened out lol

  • Damien Harris going back to Bama for senior year

    @darren15 said:

    Damien Harris going back to Bama for senior year

    Wow. He is winning the Heisman next year.

  • I partook of next year's first rounder...  I know, right? Sacrilege. With all the youth, I decided to get what we could. 

     Your score is: 20357 (GRADE: A-)


    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A)
    Round 1 Pick 5 (DEN): Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 3: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 30: Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 3 (HOU): Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas (A)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7 (DEN): Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State (A)
    Round 7 Pick 11 (MIA): Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)

    Your Future Picks:
    2020 Round 1 Pick

  • Ran that one back, managed to move around a little and picked up another 1st for next year. This would be ideal. The franchise RB. The stud CB/FS... gotta start rebuilding the secondary somewhere. Vita Vea actually took over for Shelton at Washington when Shelton went pro, and he's a big ol' monster. Imagine Garrett, Vea, Shelton and Ogbah as the front four! Daaamn. Then we picked up a heck of a playmaker with Mayfield, who may actually turn out to be the best QB in this draft class. Cobbs Jr. is a nice WR, tall and has hands. Oliver is a CB that I'm really starting to like. Penny would be a complimentary back to Barkley and also return kicks and punts. With Tabor going to Chicago maybe a new kicker is in order. Daniel Carlson appears to be the best kicker in the draft. Street is a beast, squatting 700lbs! Our D-Line would be unstoppable. Garrett, Shelton, Vea, Street, Ogbah, Nassib, Orchard... backed up by Collins, Kirksey and Show...   

    Your score is: 20681 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A)
    Round 3 Pick 8 (NYJ): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 5 Pick 1: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (A)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 1: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State (A-)

    Your Future Picks:
    2019 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
    2019 Round 1 Pick
    2020 Round 1 Pick

  • Your score is: 23053 (GRADE: A+)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 3: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 21 (BUF): Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 30: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Nyheim Hines, RB, North Carolina State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 24: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A)
    Round 5 Pick 22: Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State (A)
    Round 6 Pick 1: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 1: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State (A-)

    Your Future Picks:
    2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
    2019 Round 1 Pick
    2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
    2020 Round 1 Pick

  • Love my first round....and an extra pick next year

    Your score is: 23661 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 4: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.): Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 9 (S.F.): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 3: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 30: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville (A)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 24: James Daniels, C/OG, Iowa (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 1: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 22: Poona Ford, DT, Texas (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 20 (LAR): Trey Marshall, SS, Florida State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 1: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 15 (ARI): Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2019 Round 1 Pick
    2019 Round 1 Pick (T.B.)
    2020 Round 1 Pick

  • It's easy to say that our new GM won't trade down because it's what every other GM did and failed at, but these guys all believe they're the smartest person in the room, so I'm thinking there will be SOME shaking and baking in the first round. And why not? We have two insanely high picks...there's a chance it might make sense to gather a few more resources in 2019. We do this right and we could build a team full of 1st and 2nd round talent for years to come. I think the main thing is not to trade down TOO far. 

    I mean, if we somehow sign Kirk Cousins, do we really need to pick 1 and 4? What if we could trade down from 1 to somewhere like 12 and get a 2019 first rounder and still get the #1 WR on our board? I'm the first one to say I don't believe we have a chance in heck to get Cousins, but I've been wrong before (ask my wife). More realistically, we're drafting a QB at 1, and taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It'd be pretty tough to beat that. Grab a RB, DB, and WR in round 2....and we're filling some major holes. And that's not even considering what we do in FA, which I believe will be a solid effort. Probably corner, WR (Pryor, Landry?), QB and who knows what else. I'm pretty stoked. 

  • It's easy to say that our new GM won't trade down because it's what every other GM did and failed at, but these guys all believe they're the smartest person in the room, so I'm thinking there will be SOME shaking and baking in the first round. And why not? We have two insanely high picks...there's a chance it might make sense to gather a few more resources in 2019. We do this right and we could build a team full of 1st and 2nd round talent for years to come. I think the main thing is not to trade down TOO far. 

    I mean, if we somehow sign Kirk Cousins, do we really need to pick 1 and 4? What if we could trade down from 1 to somewhere like 12 and get a 2019 first rounder and still get the #1 WR on our board? I'm the first one to say I don't believe we have a chance in heck to get Cousins, but I've been wrong before (ask my wife). More realistically, we're drafting a QB at 1, and taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It'd be pretty tough to beat that. Grab a RB, DB, and WR in round 2....and we're filling some major holes. And that's not even considering what we do in FA, which I believe will be a solid effort. Probably corner, WR (Pryor, Landry?), QB and who knows what else. I'm pretty stoked. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    More realistically, we're drafting a QB at 1, and taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It'd be pretty tough to beat that. Grab a RB, DB, and WR in round 2....and we're filling some major holes. And that's not even considering what we do in FA, which I believe will be a solid effort. Probably corner, WR (Pryor, Landry?), QB and who knows what else. I'm pretty stoked. 

    That's because this is all that remains for Browns fans, the season sucks so we have to be satisfied with the off-season.🙄

  • I say draft the best QB at # 1 and trade down with # 4 pick. There's a good chance a team will get hot for their QB on the board and be willing to move up a few spots to get him. I'm thinking Jets or Broncos. You may get a 2 nd rd pick and still get the player you want after the trade down. 

  • I say draft the best QB at # 1 and trade down with # 4 pick. There's a good chance a team will get hot for their QB on the board and be willing to move up a few spots to get him. I'm thinking Jets or Broncos. You may get a 2 nd rd pick and still get the player you want after the trade down. 

    @rockhead said:

    I say draft the best QB at # 1 and trade down with # 4 pick. There's a good chance a team will get hot for their QB on the board and be willing to move up a few spots to get him. I'm thinking Jets or Broncos. You may get a 2 nd rd pick and still get the player you want after the trade down. 

    Its a thought.    I would like them to get Minkah Fitzpatrick however...and it would probably take #4 to get him.....though some on here proclaim Derwin James better...and you may get him at like #6 or 7.   I don't know.   I just know we need a damned good defensive back for this team...or two.

  • Barkley is the future. You take that guy #1 overall all day and 25+ times on Sunday or the Giants/Colts will snag him up. He has the potential to be the offensive rookie of the year. All eyes will be on him and what he's going to do in the pros. This kid is 20 years old and has all the tools you need and want in a feature back. I get that you typically don't draft RB #1 overall but if we want to get to winning, we need him. If you put the best parts of Crowell and Duke Johnson together you'd still need to add some more to create a player like Barkley. He's a rare player.

    #4 - Take Fitz if he's really all that and a bag of chips. If not, take the QB... but I don't believe in Donald or Frozen to be the QBOTF. I think that Mayfield is better than both. I get that Mayfield has attitude but it's not the Manziel type that it's perceived to be. He's his own man and I think that he has that 'it' factor. He could be the QBOTF. 

  • Barkley is the future. You take that guy #1 overall all day and 25+ times on Sunday or the Giants/Colts will snag him up. He has the potential to be the offensive rookie of the year. All eyes will be on him and what he's going to do in the pros. This kid is 20 years old and has all the tools you need and want in a feature back. I get that you typically don't draft RB #1 overall but if we want to get to winning, we need him. If you put the best parts of Crowell and Duke Johnson together you'd still need to add some more to create a player like Barkley. He's a rare player.

    #4 - Take Fitz if he's really all that and a bag of chips. If not, take the QB... but I don't believe in Donald or Frozen to be the QBOTF. I think that Mayfield is better than both. I get that Mayfield has attitude but it's not the Manziel type that it's perceived to be. He's his own man and I think that he has that 'it' factor. He could be the QBOTF. 

    @poeticg said:

    Barkley is the future. You take that guy #1 overall all day and 25+ times on Sunday or the Giants/Colts will snag him up. He has the potential to be the offensive rookie of the year. All eyes will be on him and what he's going to do in the pros. This kid is 20 years old and has all the tools you need and want in a feature back. I get that you typically don't draft RB #1 overall but if we want to get to winning, we need him. If you put the best parts of Crowell and Duke Johnson together you'd still need to add some more to create a player like Barkley. He's a rare player.

    #4 - Take Fitz if he's really all that and a bag of chips. If not, take the QB... but I don't believe in Donald or Frozen to be the QBOTF. I think that Mayfield is better than both. I get that Mayfield has attitude but it's not the Manziel type that it's perceived to be. He's his own man and I think that he has that 'it' factor. He could be the QBOTF. 

    But Kevin Hogan is a franchise QB?

  • Your score is: 23928 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (A)
    Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 3: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (A)
    Round 2 Pick 30: DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Jalyn Holmes, DE, Ohio State (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Quin Blanding, FS, Virginia (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 24: Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 1: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 22: Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Joseph Noteboom, OT, Texas Christian (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 1: David Bright, OT, Stanford (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
    2019 Round 1 Pick
    2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
    2020 Round 1 Pick

  • Sometimes guys are better in college than pros (most are), and on occasion guys are better in pros than college. A lot has to do with the team around then. Then there are guys who were really good both, and just over or under perform where they are drafted.

    He can have all the measurables in the world, but I certainly didn't see #1 overall pick in Barkley. He just didn't perform great against his toughest competition. And a lot of backs go in later rounds and have productive careers. When you have so many other holes to fill, I would go with trying to fill others before RB when you can get one in FA, or later in draft.

    Todd Gurley is really good, and he was 10th pick