The First-pick Draft game thread
-
Your score is: 23053 (GRADE: A+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 21 (BUF): Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (A)
Round 2 Pick 30: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Nyheim Hines, RB, North Carolina State (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 5 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A)
Round 5 Pick 22: Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State (A-)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2020 Round 1 Pick -
Love my first round....and an extra pick next year
Your score is: 23661 (GRADE: A+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A+)
Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.): Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 9 (S.F.): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: James Daniels, C/OG, Iowa (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Poona Ford, DT, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 20 (LAR): Trey Marshall, SS, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 15 (ARI): Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young (A+)Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (T.B.)
2020 Round 1 Pick -
It's easy to say that our new GM won't trade down because it's what every other GM did and failed at, but these guys all believe they're the smartest person in the room, so I'm thinking there will be SOME shaking and baking in the first round. And why not? We have two insanely high picks...there's a chance it might make sense to gather a few more resources in 2019. We do this right and we could build a team full of 1st and 2nd round talent for years to come. I think the main thing is not to trade down TOO far.
I mean, if we somehow sign Kirk Cousins, do we really need to pick 1 and 4? What if we could trade down from 1 to somewhere like 12 and get a 2019 first rounder and still get the #1 WR on our board? I'm the first one to say I don't believe we have a chance in heck to get Cousins, but I've been wrong before (ask my wife). More realistically, we're drafting a QB at 1, and taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It'd be pretty tough to beat that. Grab a RB, DB, and WR in round 2....and we're filling some major holes. And that's not even considering what we do in FA, which I believe will be a solid effort. Probably corner, WR (Pryor, Landry?), QB and who knows what else. I'm pretty stoked.
-
It's easy to say that our new GM won't trade down because it's what every other GM did and failed at, but these guys all believe they're the smartest person in the room, so I'm thinking there will be SOME shaking and baking in the first round. And why not? We have two insanely high picks...there's a chance it might make sense to gather a few more resources in 2019. We do this right and we could build a team full of 1st and 2nd round talent for years to come. I think the main thing is not to trade down TOO far.
I mean, if we somehow sign Kirk Cousins, do we really need to pick 1 and 4? What if we could trade down from 1 to somewhere like 12 and get a 2019 first rounder and still get the #1 WR on our board? I'm the first one to say I don't believe we have a chance in heck to get Cousins, but I've been wrong before (ask my wife). More realistically, we're drafting a QB at 1, and taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It'd be pretty tough to beat that. Grab a RB, DB, and WR in round 2....and we're filling some major holes. And that's not even considering what we do in FA, which I believe will be a solid effort. Probably corner, WR (Pryor, Landry?), QB and who knows what else. I'm pretty stoked.
More realistically, we're drafting a QB at 1, and taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It'd be pretty tough to beat that. Grab a RB, DB, and WR in round 2....and we're filling some major holes. And that's not even considering what we do in FA, which I believe will be a solid effort. Probably corner, WR (Pryor, Landry?), QB and who knows what else. I'm pretty stoked.
That's because this is all that remains for Browns fans, the season sucks so we have to be satisfied with the off-season.

-
I say draft the best QB at # 1 and trade down with # 4 pick. There's a good chance a team will get hot for their QB on the board and be willing to move up a few spots to get him. I'm thinking Jets or Broncos. You may get a 2 nd rd pick and still get the player you want after the trade down.
-
I say draft the best QB at # 1 and trade down with # 4 pick. There's a good chance a team will get hot for their QB on the board and be willing to move up a few spots to get him. I'm thinking Jets or Broncos. You may get a 2 nd rd pick and still get the player you want after the trade down.
I say draft the best QB at # 1 and trade down with # 4 pick. There's a good chance a team will get hot for their QB on the board and be willing to move up a few spots to get him. I'm thinking Jets or Broncos. You may get a 2 nd rd pick and still get the player you want after the trade down.
Its a thought. I would like them to get Minkah Fitzpatrick however...and it would probably take #4 to get him.....though some on here proclaim Derwin James better...and you may get him at like #6 or 7. I don't know. I just know we need a damned good defensive back for this team...or two.
-
Barkley is the future. You take that guy #1 overall all day and 25+ times on Sunday or the Giants/Colts will snag him up. He has the potential to be the offensive rookie of the year. All eyes will be on him and what he's going to do in the pros. This kid is 20 years old and has all the tools you need and want in a feature back. I get that you typically don't draft RB #1 overall but if we want to get to winning, we need him. If you put the best parts of Crowell and Duke Johnson together you'd still need to add some more to create a player like Barkley. He's a rare player.
#4 - Take Fitz if he's really all that and a bag of chips. If not, take the QB... but I don't believe in Donald or Frozen to be the QBOTF. I think that Mayfield is better than both. I get that Mayfield has attitude but it's not the Manziel type that it's perceived to be. He's his own man and I think that he has that 'it' factor. He could be the QBOTF.
-
Barkley is the future. You take that guy #1 overall all day and 25+ times on Sunday or the Giants/Colts will snag him up. He has the potential to be the offensive rookie of the year. All eyes will be on him and what he's going to do in the pros. This kid is 20 years old and has all the tools you need and want in a feature back. I get that you typically don't draft RB #1 overall but if we want to get to winning, we need him. If you put the best parts of Crowell and Duke Johnson together you'd still need to add some more to create a player like Barkley. He's a rare player.
#4 - Take Fitz if he's really all that and a bag of chips. If not, take the QB... but I don't believe in Donald or Frozen to be the QBOTF. I think that Mayfield is better than both. I get that Mayfield has attitude but it's not the Manziel type that it's perceived to be. He's his own man and I think that he has that 'it' factor. He could be the QBOTF.
Barkley is the future. You take that guy #1 overall all day and 25+ times on Sunday or the Giants/Colts will snag him up. He has the potential to be the offensive rookie of the year. All eyes will be on him and what he's going to do in the pros. This kid is 20 years old and has all the tools you need and want in a feature back. I get that you typically don't draft RB #1 overall but if we want to get to winning, we need him. If you put the best parts of Crowell and Duke Johnson together you'd still need to add some more to create a player like Barkley. He's a rare player.
#4 - Take Fitz if he's really all that and a bag of chips. If not, take the QB... but I don't believe in Donald or Frozen to be the QBOTF. I think that Mayfield is better than both. I get that Mayfield has attitude but it's not the Manziel type that it's perceived to be. He's his own man and I think that he has that 'it' factor. He could be the QBOTF.
But Kevin Hogan is a franchise QB?
-
Your score is: 23928 (GRADE: A+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A+)
Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (A)
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 2 Pick 3: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (A)
Round 2 Pick 30: DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: Jalyn Holmes, DE, Ohio State (B+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Quin Blanding, FS, Virginia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 24: Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A)
Round 5 Pick 1: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Joseph Noteboom, OT, Texas Christian (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: David Bright, OT, Stanford (A+)Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2020 Round 1 Pick -
Sometimes guys are better in college than pros (most are), and on occasion guys are better in pros than college. A lot has to do with the team around then. Then there are guys who were really good both, and just over or under perform where they are drafted.
He can have all the measurables in the world, but I certainly didn't see #1 overall pick in Barkley. He just didn't perform great against his toughest competition. And a lot of backs go in later rounds and have productive careers. When you have so many other holes to fill, I would go with trying to fill others before RB when you can get one in FA, or later in draft.
Todd Gurley is really good, and he was 10th pick
-
I really like USC's Ronald Jones at RB.
-
It's easy to say that our new GM won't trade down because it's what every other GM did and failed at, but these guys all believe they're the smartest person in the room, so I'm thinking there will be SOME shaking and baking in the first round. And why not? We have two insanely high picks...there's a chance it might make sense to gather a few more resources in 2019. We do this right and we could build a team full of 1st and 2nd round talent for years to come. I think the main thing is not to trade down TOO far.
I mean, if we somehow sign Kirk Cousins, do we really need to pick 1 and 4? What if we could trade down from 1 to somewhere like 12 and get a 2019 first rounder and still get the #1 WR on our board? I'm the first one to say I don't believe we have a chance in heck to get Cousins, but I've been wrong before (ask my wife). More realistically, we're drafting a QB at 1, and taking Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4. It'd be pretty tough to beat that. Grab a RB, DB, and WR in round 2....and we're filling some major holes. And that's not even considering what we do in FA, which I believe will be a solid effort. Probably corner, WR (Pryor, Landry?), QB and who knows what else. I'm pretty stoked.
2 -
Barkley is the future. You take that guy #1 overall all day and 25+ times on Sunday or the Giants/Colts will snag him up. He has the potential to be the offensive rookie of the year. All eyes will be on him and what he's going to do in the pros. This kid is 20 years old and has all the tools you need and want in a feature back. I get that you typically don't draft RB #1 overall but if we want to get to winning, we need him. If you put the best parts of Crowell and Duke Johnson together you'd still need to add some more to create a player like Barkley. He's a rare player.
#4 - Take Fitz if he's really all that and a bag of chips. If not, take the QB... but I don't believe in Donald or Frozen to be the QBOTF. I think that Mayfield is better than both. I get that Mayfield has attitude but it's not the Manziel type that it's perceived to be. He's his own man and I think that he has that 'it' factor. He could be the QBOTF.
But Kevin Hogan is a franchise QB?
But Kevin Hogan is a franchise QB?
I thought is was gonna be Kizer? Oh, no? How many wins did Kizer have over Hogan? Hogan had the better stats and had he been allowed to play out the season, I promise you- we wouldn't have had a perfect season parade... I guess some people like that kind of Sheet.
-
Your score is: 24650 (GRADE: A+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A+)
Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Derwin James, SS/FS, Florida State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 2 Pick 3: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 6 (T.B.): Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 21 (BUF): Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: DeShon Elliott, SS, Texas (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: James Daniels, C/OG, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 24: Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Joseph Noteboom, OT, Texas Christian (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State (A+)Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (T.B.)
2020 Round 1 Pick -
There are a couple I would have changed and maybe still got the guy I wanted, but looks pretty decent.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A)
Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.): Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 17 (LAC): Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 1 Pick 20 (DET): Roquan Smith, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3: Ronnie Harrison, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30: Kevin Toliver II, CB, LSU (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Jalyn Holmes, DE, Ohio State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 5 Pick 22: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 7 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick -
Just started a new draft... NY decides to offer me the #2 overall and the 2nd pick in round 2 in order to move into the first spot.
-Thinking, Man they think we're taking Rosen or Darnold and they want their choice first... I oblige- I'm taking Barkley now matter what- lol I got their goat!
The NY Giants select... Saquon Barkley... dawg, really?
- Guys, you are going to LOVE Barkley! So what if we need to use the #1 on a RB. He's going to be amazing to watch! We still have another ridiculously high pick, 2 picks later. Come on guys, get on board. Let's do this Cleveland.
Barkley - Dawg Pound... Dog's bark... I get that it didn't exactly work out with Barkevious, but then again - he does have a Superbowl ring... So does Sheard. Any other former Browns out there got Superbowl rings? Or at least got to play in the Superbowl after leaving Cleveland?
- I know some of you question taking a RB #1 is risky. But, just trust me on this one.
-
The Browns should enter this draft with the mindset of "quality over quantity".
They have a ton of young players already. They don't need to get younger, they need to get better.
Aren't the BROWNS the youngest team in the NFL now? Maybe they want to smash that and become the youngest team ever in organized sports! And dammit with 12 picks they can do it.....GO BROWNS!
-
Your score is: 19845 (GRADE: B+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10 (OAK): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (B)
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Roquan Smith, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 9 (OAK): Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (LAC): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2020 Round 1 PickEnded up taking 9 of the top 1 1/2 rounds consolidating picks and actually trading down a bit, ended up with 3 first for next draft and a nearly two handfuls of top tier players.
-
Your score is: 19845 (GRADE: B+)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10 (OAK): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (B)
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Roquan Smith, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3: Vita Vea, DT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 2 Pick 9 (OAK): Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (LAC): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2020 Round 1 PickEnded up taking 9 of the top 1 1/2 rounds consolidating picks and actually trading down a bit, ended up with 3 first for next draft and a nearly two handfuls of top tier players.
Your score is: 19845 (GRADE: B+)
Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A) <---- #39 how?
Round 2 Pick 9 (OAK): Marcus Allen, FS, Penn State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (LAC): Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (A)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick (BUF)
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2020 Round 1 PickEnded up taking 9 of the top 1 1/2 rounds consolidating picks and actually trading down a bit, ended up with 3 first for next draft and a nearly two handfuls of top tier players.
Not too bad all in all but I still forgo another rookie starter this year and how did Austintown, OH native and best interior lineman and best of three OHIO STATE first round players drop that far?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login