Skip to content

National Title Observations

The Browns Board
83 23 2.6k 1
  • @ghoolie said:

    Bob, I love the Buckeyes, but this nitpicking about comparing schedules, venues , etc, is just that, nitpicking. 

    It is idiotic to think that any 2 teams will meet and not have debatable 8ů absolute top echalon. Buckeyes are chasingn them.

    Nitpicking? Bull-shet it's the freakin records! Since EBRUCE and JCOOP left the Buckeyes have been one of the elite teams over the last 17 years. ALA & OSU's records have been nearly identical.  The big ones .900+ win seasons and national championships. 

    Nitpicking?  😆

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @mjp28 said:

    Nitpicking? Bull-shet it's the freakin records! Since EBRUCE and JCOOP left the Buckeyes have been one of the elite teams over the last 17 years. ALA & OSU's records have been nearly identical.  The big ones .900+ win seasons and national championships. 

    Nitpicking?  😆

    I never said the Buckeyes are not elite. But just like the NFL, nobody can match the Steelers championship record, the same goes for Alabama. I don't see where the Buckeyes ever won 5 national championships in 9 years,

  • Year in and year out you don't see a Saban team ever blown out by anyone. It's as rare as a Himalayan Snow Leopard. And you see a "Program" that adds top of the heap talent from states all over the map year in and year out. Meyer is close to that, but just a shade under. And just when I think I have Saban pegged, he goes out on a limb the second half with an unknown (to me) freshman QB from Hawaii to win the game. Not just any game. The National Championship game. That gentlemen, is what I call balls.

    EDIT: One other important factor I see- Adaptability.   JM beat him with his arm and legs in Tuscaloosa in 2012 and then put up 5 TD's and over 500 yds against him in 2013. Saban bitched and moaned about it a lot because he hates being bested in any way. But then he went out and got himself two back to back dual threat QBs and adapted his offense to take advantage of those JFF-like skills they brought with them. You just saw the end result in the playoffs this year. Un-f'n-real.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @texasag1969 said:

    Year in and year out you don't see a Saban team ever blown out by anyone. It's as rare as a Himalayan Snow Leopard. And you see a "Program" that adds top of the heap talent from states all over the map year in and year out. Meyer is close to that, but just a shade under. And just when I think I have Saban pegged, he goes out on a limb the second half with an unknown (to me) freshman QB from Hawaii to win the game. Not just any game. The National Championship game. That gentlemen, is what I call balls.

    EDIT: One other important factor I see- Adaptability.   JM beat him with his arm and legs in Tuscaloosa in 2012 and then put up 5 TD's and over 500 yds against him in 2013. Saban bitched and moaned about it a lot because he hates being bested in any way. But then he went out and got himself two back to back dual threat QBs and adapted his offense to take advantage of those JFF-like skills they brought with them. You just saw the end result in the playoffs this year. Un-f'n-real.

    The Buckeyes are not in the same league with Alabama. Period. Tressel got embarrassed by LSU and Florida, As you pointed out Clemson made the Buckeyes look like sissies. Iowa? IOWA? I shidt team like that clobbers the Buckeyes? ANd the Buckeyes cry because they weren't given a chance to prove their worth? Fukck that. The Buckeyes were a second tier team this year.

    As you pointed out, you never see Saban getting blown out, especially by a nobody.

    Hands down, Alabama is a better football program than OSU. Championships..............debate not needed.

  • @wargograw said:

    This is such a bad argument. The Bucks lost to Clemson 31-0 just LAST YEAR. It didn't take any confirmation bias to see them get trounced and Bama play a tight game against them the next week, then to see Bama blow them out on New Years Day this year. I don't see why this is so hard 

    Oh I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that teams, especially in college football, aren't the same year to year? And arguing that a team would beat someone based on past season performance is literally the textbook definition of confirmation bias?

    God you've been saying dumb Sheet lately. Maybe just take a break. 

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @jrb12711 said:

    Oh I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that teams, especially in college football, aren't the same year to year? And arguing that a team would beat someone based on past season performance is literally the textbook definition of confirmation bias?

    God you've been saying dumb Sheet lately. Maybe just take a break. 

    Dude, you're the one that's saying the dynasty rubs you the wrong way because they don't play anyone. How does that only singularly apply to this year? You clearly made a general point that applies over several years. So I answered in that vain. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit. 

    Also, Ohio State losing 31-0 and then Alabama losing to the same team on the last play of the game in an epic matchup just a few days later is in the same year right? Or does that not count either?

    Hey I bet if instead of playing at a neutral site, Alabama and Michigan State had played in East Lansing in 2015, Michigan State totally would've won instead of losing 38-0. Definitely.

    @bob806 said:

    Totally misinterpreting things grasshopper.

    I'm not going to go full Buckeye homer here. Like Ghoolie wrote, the Buckeyes are chasing Alabama, it cannot be denied, even though OSU rallied from a 21-6 deficit and beat the Tide with Cardale Jones in the last meeting 😁

    This is why I am not totally all-in on college football. It's impossible to have 125+ teams play each other, so perception is a big part of it. Almost like Olympic Ice skating. How in the hell was Ohio State ranked #2 in the nation in the preseason poll, after losing 31-0 to Clemson and a combination of defecting for the draft and graduation, losing about 14 starters? 

    So you are denying the simple fact that Alabama doesn't need to test itself in an actual non-conference road game? Most of the perceived elite programs do it, why can't Alabama? Why can't Florida (not elite now, but they NEVER travel)?

    Would Alabama lose at Washington State? Probably not, but the odds increase. Would they lose in Madison to Wisconsin? - I wouldn't bet against it happening. 

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Oh I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that teams, especially in college football, aren't the same year to year? And arguing that a team would beat someone based on past season performance is literally the textbook definition of confirmation bias?

    God you've been saying dumb Sheet lately. Maybe just take a break. 

    Dude, you're the one that's saying the dynasty rubs you the wrong way because they don't play anyone. How does that only singularly apply to this year? You clearly made a general point that applies over several years. So I answered in that vain. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit. 

    Also, Ohio State losing 31-0 and then Alabama losing to the same team on the last play of the game in an epic matchup just a few days later is in the same year right? Or does that not count either?

    Hey I bet if instead of playing at a neutral site, Alabama and Michigan State had played in East Lansing in 2015, Michigan State totally would've won instead of losing 38-0. Definitely.

    @bob806 said:

    Totally misinterpreting things grasshopper.

    I'm not going to go full Buckeye homer here. Like Ghoolie wrote, the Buckeyes are chasing Alabama, it cannot be denied, even though OSU rallied from a 21-6 deficit and beat the Tide with Cardale Jones in the last meeting 😁

    This is why I am not totally all-in on college football. It's impossible to have 125+ teams play each other, so perception is a big part of it. Almost like Olympic Ice skating. How in the hell was Ohio State ranked #2 in the nation in the preseason poll, after losing 31-0 to Clemson and a combination of defecting for the draft and graduation, losing about 14 starters? 

    So you are denying the simple fact that Alabama doesn't need to test itself in an actual non-conference road game? Most of the perceived elite programs do it, why can't Alabama? Why can't Florida (not elite now, but they NEVER travel)?

    Would Alabama lose at Washington State? Probably not, but the odds increase. Would they lose in Madison to Wisconsin? - I wouldn't bet against it happening. 

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @wargograw said:

    Dude, you're the one that's saying the dynasty rubs you the wrong way because they don't play anyone. How does that only singularly apply to this year? You clearly made a general point that applies over several years. So I answered in that vain. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit. 

    Also, Ohio State losing 31-0 and then Alabama losing to the same team on the last play of the game in an epic matchup just a few days later is in the same year right? Or does that not count either?

    Hey I bet if instead of playing at a neutral site, Alabama and Michigan State had played in East Lansing in 2015, Michigan State totally would've won instead of losing 38-0. Definitely.

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

    Schedules are arranged years in advance. When they stop playing D2 creampuffs, let me know.

  • @wargograw said:

    Dude, you're the one that's saying the dynasty rubs you the wrong way because they don't play anyone. How does that only singularly apply to this year? You clearly made a general point that applies over several years. So I answered in that vain. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit. 

    Also, Ohio State losing 31-0 and then Alabama losing to the same team on the last play of the game in an epic matchup just a few days later is in the same year right? Or does that not count either?

    Hey I bet if instead of playing at a neutral site, Alabama and Michigan State had played in East Lansing in 2015, Michigan State totally would've won instead of losing 38-0. Definitely.

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

    Schedules are arranged years in advance. When they stop playing D2 creampuffs, let me know.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @hoorta said:

    Schedules are arranged years in advance. When they stop playing D2 creampuffs, let me know.

    When OSU joins the SEC West, let me know.😆

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Oh I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that teams, especially in college football, aren't the same year to year? And arguing that a team would beat someone based on past season performance is literally the textbook definition of confirmation bias?

    God you've been saying dumb Sheet lately. Maybe just take a break. 

    Dude, you're the one that's saying the dynasty rubs you the wrong way because they don't play anyone. How does that only singularly apply to this year? You clearly made a general point that applies over several years. So I answered in that vain. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit. 

    Also, Ohio State losing 31-0 and then Alabama losing to the same team on the last play of the game in an epic matchup just a few days later is in the same year right? Or does that not count either?

    Hey I bet if instead of playing at a neutral site, Alabama and Michigan State had played in East Lansing in 2015, Michigan State totally would've won instead of losing 38-0. Definitely.

    @bob806 said:

    Totally misinterpreting things grasshopper.

    I'm not going to go full Buckeye homer here. Like Ghoolie wrote, the Buckeyes are chasing Alabama, it cannot be denied, even though OSU rallied from a 21-6 deficit and beat the Tide with Cardale Jones in the last meeting 😁

    This is why I am not totally all-in on college football. It's impossible to have 125+ teams play each other, so perception is a big part of it. Almost like Olympic Ice skating. How in the hell was Ohio State ranked #2 in the nation in the preseason poll, after losing 31-0 to Clemson and a combination of defecting for the draft and graduation, losing about 14 starters? 

    So you are denying the simple fact that Alabama doesn't need to test itself in an actual non-conference road game? Most of the perceived elite programs do it, why can't Alabama? Why can't Florida (not elite now, but they NEVER travel)?

    Would Alabama lose at Washington State? Probably not, but the odds increase. Would they lose in Madison to Wisconsin? - I wouldn't bet against it happening. 

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @wargograw said:

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

    Apparently you didn't read my comment. I stated OSU is chasing Alabama. Everybody is chasing Alabama, particularly since 2008.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/alabama/

    And, this isn't exactly breaking news here, but Alabama was down for a period after Bear Bryant, but never really out. Always in the conversations of best program in the country, like about 6 or 7 other programs, even without winning national championships. 

    FYI...winning national championships is hard. This whole SEC superiority complex causes SEC fans to knock other programs, like Ohio State, Clemson, Texas, USC, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame etc etc because they don't play in the SEC. It's the SEC who's paranoid, that's why they rarely travel. Playing in Wisconsin isn't an easy chore, it's similar to LSU in fan craziness, and Saban would verify it from his days at MSU.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Oh I don't know, maybe it has to do with the fact that teams, especially in college football, aren't the same year to year? And arguing that a team would beat someone based on past season performance is literally the textbook definition of confirmation bias?

    God you've been saying dumb Sheet lately. Maybe just take a break. 

    Dude, you're the one that's saying the dynasty rubs you the wrong way because they don't play anyone. How does that only singularly apply to this year? You clearly made a general point that applies over several years. So I answered in that vain. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit. 

    Also, Ohio State losing 31-0 and then Alabama losing to the same team on the last play of the game in an epic matchup just a few days later is in the same year right? Or does that not count either?

    Hey I bet if instead of playing at a neutral site, Alabama and Michigan State had played in East Lansing in 2015, Michigan State totally would've won instead of losing 38-0. Definitely.

    @bob806 said:

    Totally misinterpreting things grasshopper.

    I'm not going to go full Buckeye homer here. Like Ghoolie wrote, the Buckeyes are chasing Alabama, it cannot be denied, even though OSU rallied from a 21-6 deficit and beat the Tide with Cardale Jones in the last meeting 😁

    This is why I am not totally all-in on college football. It's impossible to have 125+ teams play each other, so perception is a big part of it. Almost like Olympic Ice skating. How in the hell was Ohio State ranked #2 in the nation in the preseason poll, after losing 31-0 to Clemson and a combination of defecting for the draft and graduation, losing about 14 starters? 

    So you are denying the simple fact that Alabama doesn't need to test itself in an actual non-conference road game? Most of the perceived elite programs do it, why can't Alabama? Why can't Florida (not elite now, but they NEVER travel)?

    Would Alabama lose at Washington State? Probably not, but the odds increase. Would they lose in Madison to Wisconsin? - I wouldn't bet against it happening. 

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @wargograw said:

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    Once upon a time the SEC may have been the best conference in the country. But the ACC has had their number for 2 years running..and the Big Ten is a better overall conference.  SEC may have a couple of the best teams...but it drops off precipitously after that.

  • @hoorta said:

    Schedules are arranged years in advance. When they stop playing D2 creampuffs, let me know.

    When OSU joins the SEC West, let me know.😆

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @texasag1969 said:

    When OSU joins the SEC West, let me know.😆

    The Big Ten East is better than the SEC West....this year, anyway.

    Sorry, but TAMU is a Purdue wannabe.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    When OSU joins the SEC West, let me know.😆

    The Big Ten East is better than the SEC West....this year, anyway.

    Sorry, but TAMU is a Purdue wannabe.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @the-gipper said:

    The Big Ten East is better than the SEC West....this year, anyway.

    Sorry, but TAMU is a Purdue wannabe.

    Which explains so many fired coaches in the SEC West last couple of years and Mullen smart enough to switch to Florida.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #68

    Saban has capitalized using Hallmark Tressel-ball in a conference that is not only on a downswing, but (nearly) completely devoid of offensive talent.   

    Couple that with some EXTREMELY fortunate occurances, I.E. Texas without Colt McCoy, being gift wrapped a not-so-great ND squad and a rematch against LSU they never should have been given.

    Still, what he has done is without equal in modern college football.   That does deserve recognition.   

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    And the debate rages on!

    Actually most all things in sports are indeed cyclical. 

  • @wargograw said:

    Dude, you're the one that's saying the dynasty rubs you the wrong way because they don't play anyone. How does that only singularly apply to this year? You clearly made a general point that applies over several years. So I answered in that vain. I'm not sure logic is your strong suit. 

    Also, Ohio State losing 31-0 and then Alabama losing to the same team on the last play of the game in an epic matchup just a few days later is in the same year right? Or does that not count either?

    Hey I bet if instead of playing at a neutral site, Alabama and Michigan State had played in East Lansing in 2015, Michigan State totally would've won instead of losing 38-0. Definitely.

    Because they're in the SEC which is the best conference in the country, and any Ohio State fan has serious trouble disputing that.

    They beat a ranked Penn State team in Happy Valley by 16, and that's before the dynasty really got going. Yeah I'm sure they're really scared of going to Wisconsin.

    Schedules are arranged years in advance. When they stop playing D2 creampuffs, let me know.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @hoorta said:

    Schedules are arranged years in advance. When they stop playing D2 creampuffs, let me know.

    When Ohio State plays up to their level against common opponents, let me know.

    @bob806 said:

    Apparently you didn't read my comment. I stated OSU is chasing Alabama. Everybody is chasing Alabama, particularly since 2008.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/alabama/

    And, this isn't exactly breaking news here, but Alabama was down for a period after Bear Bryant, but never really out. Always in the conversations of best program in the country, like about 6 or 7 other programs, even without winning national championships. 

    FYI...winning national championships is hard. This whole SEC superiority complex causes SEC fans to knock other programs, like Ohio State, Clemson, Texas, USC, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame etc etc because they don't play in the SEC. It's the SEC who's paranoid, that's why they rarely travel. Playing in Wisconsin isn't an easy chore, it's similar to LSU in fan craziness, and Saban would verify it from his days at MSU.

    I would never knock Ohio State as a program. I've said it's the number 1 program of all time. And I grew up loving USC. Nebraska had their time in the limelight and were excellent but won't get back there without some major demographic shift in their area. 30+ years away at least. Notre Dame, sure. Give them alot of credit. Clemson I think is the #3 program in the country at the current moment (they are not, however, an all time top 5 powerhouse by any means). Miami is simply not in the all-time greats, though I do respect their work the last 30 years and love the culture there.

    Oddly enough when I was growing up (during Alabama's lean years) I wasn't even aware that they were a powerhouse on the level of an Ohio State and USC. Fortunately I've learned quite a bit about the game since then.

    @the-gipper said:

    Once upon a time the SEC may have been the best conference in the country. But the ACC has had their number for 2 years running..and the Big Ten is a better overall conference.  SEC may have a couple of the best teams...but it drops off precipitously after that.

    Nah. The ACC has one team (especially now with Jimbo gone), and the Big 10 has one team. I admit they're both on par with the best the SEC has to offer. That doesn't mean anything for the conference at large though.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Saban has capitalized using Hallmark Tressel-ball in a conference that is not only on a downswing, but (nearly) completely devoid of offensive talent.   

    Couple that with some EXTREMELY fortunate occurances, I.E. Texas without Colt McCoy, being gift wrapped a not-so-great ND squad and a rematch against LSU they never should have been given.

    Still, what he has done is without equal in modern college football.   That does deserve recognition.   

    It's not devoid of "talent" if we are to go by recruiting rankings. It is certainly devoid of offensive performance, if that's what you mean. But that's in large part due to the defenses being so good and how they stifle the development of most of the QBs. If my kid were a QB I wouldn't advise him to go to an SEC school honestly. 

    No one knows how the 2009 game goes even with Colt. I totally disagree that you can know definitely how a game will go based on the first two series. I have a friend who always goes "oh yeah, we're gonna blow these losers out" or "wow, we're gonna lose this game to these bums" based on the first series every single week. He almost always looks like an idiot no sooner than the end of the first quarter. 

    You're not actually gonna make the Oklahoma State argument, are you? You? A guy who respects defense? Come on. 

    Even without those two, the guy has 4 national championships. 3 in the last 6 years. I know you claim you're still giving him credit even while totally taking away from his accomplishments, but even in your scenario he's the GOAT. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #71

    Nah. The ACC has one team (especially now with Jimbo gone), and the Big 10 has one team. I admit they're both on par with the best the SEC has to offer. That doesn't mean anything for the conference at large though.

    That is just stupid bias and prejudice.  The SEC has two teams.....the Big Ten East alone had 4 teams better than any SEC team except the DDR and Georgia...and we don't really know about that since they never played.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #72

    The SEC has two teams? Even though it also has a team that beat both of them. Yeah. Ok.

    I won't argue too much about the Big 10, but the ACC is way overrated.

  • The SEC has two teams? Even though it also has a team that beat both of them. Yeah. Ok.

    I won't argue too much about the Big 10, but the ACC is way overrated.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @wargograw said:

    The SEC has two teams? Even though it also has a team that beat both of them. Yeah. Ok.

    I won't argue too much about the Big 10, but the ACC is way overrated.

    Quoting Bill Parcells:  you are what your record is....and over the last couple of years the ACC has handed the SEC their hat....and they have played a lot more games against each other than either plays, say, the Big Ten.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #74

    Well since the vast majority of the league didn't participate in that hat-handing, what the record says really means nothing.

  • @wargograw said:

    The SEC has two teams? Even though it also has a team that beat both of them. Yeah. Ok.

    I won't argue too much about the Big 10, but the ACC is way overrated.

    Quoting Bill Parcells:  you are what your record is....and over the last couple of years the ACC has handed the SEC their hat....and they have played a lot more games against each other than either plays, say, the Big Ten.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @the-gipper said:

    Quoting Bill Parcells:  you are what your record is....and over the last couple of years the ACC has handed the SEC their hat....and they have played a lot more games against each other than either plays, say, the Big Ten.

    The SEC and somewhat ACC have one slight inherent edge over the B1G, geography.  Over the past 30-50 or more years the population have most definitely headed south and west why? The rust belt rusted, jobs, weather and the most important thing of all AIR CONDITIONING! 

    However elements like zika, floods, more extreme hurricanes, coast erosion and yes immigration from central and south may reverse some of these numbers.....we'll see. 

  • Well since the vast majority of the league didn't participate in that hat-handing, what the record says really means nothing.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @wargograw said:

    Well since the vast majority of the league didn't participate in that hat-handing, what the record says really means nothing.

    There was certainly a sufficient sampling.    26 games between them just the last two years.  And the fact is the VAST majority of the league DID participate.    In 2016 and 2017....every SEC school but Missouri played an ACC opponent.  And 9 of the ACC schools played an SEC opponent. (Miami, Virg. Duke, Pitt, BC, did not.)

    And the ACC went 15-11 vs. SEC these past two years.

  • @wargograw said:

    Well since the vast majority of the league didn't participate in that hat-handing, what the record says really means nothing.

    There was certainly a sufficient sampling.    26 games between them just the last two years.  And the fact is the VAST majority of the league DID participate.    In 2016 and 2017....every SEC school but Missouri played an ACC opponent.  And 9 of the ACC schools played an SEC opponent. (Miami, Virg. Duke, Pitt, BC, did not.)

    And the ACC went 15-11 vs. SEC these past two years.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @the-gipper said:

    There was certainly a sufficient sampling.    26 games between them just the last two years.  And the fact is the VAST majority of the league DID participate.    In 2016 and 2017....every SEC school but Missouri played an ACC opponent.  And 9 of the ACC schools played an SEC opponent. (Miami, Virg. Duke, Pitt, BC, did not.)

    And the ACC went 15-11 vs. SEC these past two years.

    And what was the record last year?

    That's right.

  • @the-gipper said:

    There was certainly a sufficient sampling.    26 games between them just the last two years.  And the fact is the VAST majority of the league DID participate.    In 2016 and 2017....every SEC school but Missouri played an ACC opponent.  And 9 of the ACC schools played an SEC opponent. (Miami, Virg. Duke, Pitt, BC, did not.)

    And the ACC went 15-11 vs. SEC these past two years.

    And what was the record last year?

    That's right.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @wargograw said:

    And what was the record last year?

    That's right.

    The point is per your math 13 out of 14 is not a vast majority. If that is not a vast majority what is a vast majorityThe point is per your math 13 out of 14 is not a vast majority. If that is not a vast majority what is a vast majority