Skip to content

Our QB situation

The Browns Board
41 15 1.2k 1
  • Anybody here want to say that Nick Foles is a better QB than Matt Ryan? I mean, the Eagles won that game. To win you have to have the better QB I thought? 

    The sun doesn't rise and fall on a QB. It's a team game. A QB's job is just to get the ball into the specialists hands, ie. the playmakers. That is all a QB has to do, that and not give the ball to the other team in the process of giving it to our guys. 

    @poeticg said:

    Anybody here want to say that Nick Foles is a better QB than Matt Ryan? I mean, the Eagles won that game. To win you have to have the better QB I thought? 

    The sun doesn't rise and fall on a QB. It's a team game. A QB's job is just to get the ball into the specialists hands, ie. the playmakers. That is all a QB has to do, that and not give the ball to the other team in the process of giving it to our guys. 

    I do agree you can win with an average QB at times. Having said that the Foles / Ryan comparison is not so good. I believe Ryan is showing significantly diminished skills. 

  • @nickers said:

    I'm lukewarm on the idea of McCarron.. I just don't want to give up the farm for him...

    If he's ruled an unrestricted free agent, all the Browns would give up for him is Jimmy's blood money.

    @dutch-oven said:

    If he's ruled an unrestricted free agent, all the Browns would give up for him is Jimmy's blood money.

    It may be one of the reasons I am more for signing a FA vet QB...than making a trade. 

    Smith....has to be trade.

    Bradfords....only have to give him money.

    McCarron...if UFA.....only have to give him money.....beyond that, Sashi may have gotten fired over it...but he was right not to give up a 2d for him.

    Cousins.    I am in a quandry about him.  I just don't know. 

    Also....Brees and Garrapolo are FAs...but I don't see the Browns making a move on them....or them making a move on the Browns.

    Bridgewater and Keenum?    I don't know......solicit opinions on them.

    To paraphrase  Archie and Edith Bunker:  "Mister we could use a man like Josh McCown again".

  • A controlling ground game allows you to dictate the flow of the game. That's what we need. All the incompletions that stop the clock allow for other teams to get more chances at making our youth show. 

    @poeticg said:

    A controlling ground game allows you to dictate the flow of the game. That's what we need. All the incompletions that stop the clock allow for other teams to get more chances at making our youth show. 

    This makes me conclude that you want the Browns to make sure Joe Thomas is back in the fold and that they draft an Offensive Lineman quite high.

  • @poeticg said:

    Anybody here want to say that Nick Foles is a better QB than Matt Ryan? I mean, the Eagles won that game. To win you have to have the better QB I thought? 

    The sun doesn't rise and fall on a QB. It's a team game. A QB's job is just to get the ball into the specialists hands, ie. the playmakers. That is all a QB has to do, that and not give the ball to the other team in the process of giving it to our guys. 

    I do agree you can win with an average QB at times. Having said that the Foles / Ryan comparison is not so good. I believe Ryan is showing significantly diminished skills. 

    @jcam222 said:

    I do agree you can win with an average QB at times. Having said that the Foles / Ryan comparison is not so good. I believe Ryan is showing significantly diminished skills. 

    Or....Nick Foles is showing his quality skills.   I have always like him...and thought he could do well....give the right circumstance.   I had wanted him for the Browns....but it is probably fair to say that the Browns were not the right circumstance.

  • @jcam222 said:

    I do agree you can win with an average QB at times. Having said that the Foles / Ryan comparison is not so good. I believe Ryan is showing significantly diminished skills. 

    Or....Nick Foles is showing his quality skills.   I have always like him...and thought he could do well....give the right circumstance.   I had wanted him for the Browns....but it is probably fair to say that the Browns were not the right circumstance.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or....Nick Foles is showing his quality skills.   I have always like him...and thought he could do well....give the right circumstance.   I had wanted him for the Browns....but it is probably fair to say that the Browns were not the right circumstance.

    I was high on Foles as well.. I'm not surprised he is doing well....

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If he's ruled an unrestricted free agent, all the Browns would give up for him is Jimmy's blood money.

    It may be one of the reasons I am more for signing a FA vet QB...than making a trade. 

    Smith....has to be trade.

    Bradfords....only have to give him money.

    McCarron...if UFA.....only have to give him money.....beyond that, Sashi may have gotten fired over it...but he was right not to give up a 2d for him.

    Cousins.    I am in a quandry about him.  I just don't know. 

    Also....Brees and Garrapolo are FAs...but I don't see the Browns making a move on them....or them making a move on the Browns.

    Bridgewater and Keenum?    I don't know......solicit opinions on them.

    To paraphrase  Archie and Edith Bunker:  "Mister we could use a man like Josh McCown again".

    @the-gipper said:

    It may be one of the reasons I am more for signing a FA vet QB...than making a trade.

    You have to guess at your own rationales???

  • It won’t matter who the QB is. The Browns won’t win another game until Hue is fired 

  • @the-gipper said:

    It may be one of the reasons I am more for signing a FA vet QB...than making a trade.

    You have to guess at your own rationales???

    @tour2ma said:

    You have to guess at your own rationales???

    No but I do have to be comprehensive and reflexive before I make a definitive opinion. My name mean Is not trump. 

  • It won’t matter who the QB is. The Browns won’t win another game until Hue is fired 

    @browns149 said:

    It won’t matter who the QB is. The Browns won’t win another game until Hue is fired 

    He went 8-8 with the Raiders so there's that. Honestly the Hue hate is out of control. Is he the GOAT? No, and yes he does some dumb Sheet but give him a decent group of talent we will win games. 

  • @browns149 said:

    It won’t matter who the QB is. The Browns won’t win another game until Hue is fired 

    He went 8-8 with the Raiders so there's that. Honestly the Hue hate is out of control. Is he the GOAT? No, and yes he does some dumb Sheet but give him a decent group of talent we will win games. 

    @jcam222 said:

    He went 8-8 with the Raiders so there's that. Honestly the Hue hate is out of control. Is he the GOAT? No, and yes he does some dumb Sheet but give him a decent group of talent we will win games. 

    For whatever reason, PoG re-started a thread from five years ago a couple of days ago. Out of curiosity I read the thread, just to see who on here now was around then, etc.

    Browns149 literally was saying the same thing about Pat Shurmur. In fact, I think saying that the current head coach should get fired is all that guy can post. 😆