Skip to content

Bradford??

The Browns Board
17 13 947
  • Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    And there...all it would cost us is whatever we have to pay him....as I believe he will be unrestricted.   He just turned 30...so he is younger than Smith. 

    Yes, his health has always been an issue....as has his "quality"  particularly since he was an overall #1 pick at some point.  

    I can't see him demanding that much to sign....after all...other than that bridge QB....what value does he have?

    So...we don't have to give up any picks.  We get a younger, cheaper, if less proven veteran.  And who the hell knows...maybe the guy could show to be halfway decent.  If not....like I said...he is a bridge guy.

    And just out of curiosity:    Does anyone ever recall any team having 2 #1 overall pick QBs playing for the same team?  If we sign Bradford and take a QB #1 that would happen.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    fair to say? the odd man out at Vikings follows Pat Schumer to Zona? who would have ever thunk'd Schumer & Super Bowl ring w/Vikings after coaching Cleveland 😊  

  • I don't understand bringing in an often injured QB. They are expensive and if they aren't on the field what's the point. That's my big knock on Rosen and Alex Smith 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I don't understand bringing in an often injured QB. They are expensive and if they aren't on the field what's the point. That's my big knock on Rosen and Alex Smith 

    I'm confused, are you saying Alex Smith is often-injured Slugger?

    He's started 77 out of his last 80 games.

  • I'm fine with Bradford or Smith being the short bridge if we draft a QB #1.

    If Cousins gets free though, you sign him and you don't need a bridge and you use your picks on surrounding talent, so that is my favorite scenario.

    I guess there is nothing else to say until March. I slightly prefer Rosen over Darnold, I've hungrily followed Rosen since HS, but I have hesitations on both, not the gushing love I had for Wentz in 16.

    Zombo

  • I'm for it.  Always liked Bradford... Just a shame he can't stay on the field. 

    But as long as the Browns draft their QB (the one THEY want, not a leftover) I'd be happy with Smith, Bradford, McCarron, Bridgewater, etc as the vet option with Kizer the #3. 

  • Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    And there...all it would cost us is whatever we have to pay him....as I believe he will be unrestricted.   He just turned 30...so he is younger than Smith. 

    Yes, his health has always been an issue....as has his "quality"  particularly since he was an overall #1 pick at some point.  

    I can't see him demanding that much to sign....after all...other than that bridge QB....what value does he have?

    So...we don't have to give up any picks.  We get a younger, cheaper, if less proven veteran.  And who the hell knows...maybe the guy could show to be halfway decent.  If not....like I said...he is a bridge guy.

    And just out of curiosity:    Does anyone ever recall any team having 2 #1 overall pick QBs playing for the same team?  If we sign Bradford and take a QB #1 that would happen.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    And there...all it would cost us is whatever we have to pay him....as I believe he will be unrestricted.   He just turned 30...so he is younger than Smith. 

    Yes, his health has always been an issue....as has his "quality"  particularly since he was an overall #1 pick at some point.  

    I can't see him demanding that much to sign....after all...other than that bridge QB....what value does he have?

    So...we don't have to give up any picks.  We get a younger, cheaper, if less proven veteran.  And who the hell knows...maybe the guy could show to be halfway decent.  If not....like I said...he is a bridge guy.

    And just out of curiosity:    Does anyone ever recall any team having 2 #1 overall pick QBs playing for the same team?  If we sign Bradford and take a QB #1 that would happen.

    As they say Gip- the best ability is avail-ability. Bradford has only finished 2 of his 7 seasons intact. I still remember him blowing out his knee against the Browns, and he was barely touched. Pass. 

  • Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    And there...all it would cost us is whatever we have to pay him....as I believe he will be unrestricted.   He just turned 30...so he is younger than Smith. 

    Yes, his health has always been an issue....as has his "quality"  particularly since he was an overall #1 pick at some point.  

    I can't see him demanding that much to sign....after all...other than that bridge QB....what value does he have?

    So...we don't have to give up any picks.  We get a younger, cheaper, if less proven veteran.  And who the hell knows...maybe the guy could show to be halfway decent.  If not....like I said...he is a bridge guy.

    And just out of curiosity:    Does anyone ever recall any team having 2 #1 overall pick QBs playing for the same team?  If we sign Bradford and take a QB #1 that would happen.

    @the-gipper said:

    Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    And there...all it would cost us is whatever we have to pay him....as I believe he will be unrestricted.   He just turned 30...so he is younger than Smith. 

    Yes, his health has always been an issue....as has his "quality"  particularly since he was an overall #1 pick at some point.  

    I can't see him demanding that much to sign....after all...other than that bridge QB....what value does he have?

    So...we don't have to give up any picks.  We get a younger, cheaper, if less proven veteran.  And who the hell knows...maybe the guy could show to be halfway decent.  If not....like I said...he is a bridge guy.

    And just out of curiosity:    Does anyone ever recall any team having 2 #1 overall pick QBs playing for the same team?  If we sign Bradford and take a QB #1 that would happen.

    I think #1 David Carr backed up #1 Eli Manning for a couple of years. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    And there...all it would cost us is whatever we have to pay him....as I believe he will be unrestricted.   He just turned 30...so he is younger than Smith. 

    Yes, his health has always been an issue....as has his "quality"  particularly since he was an overall #1 pick at some point.  

    I can't see him demanding that much to sign....after all...other than that bridge QB....what value does he have?

    So...we don't have to give up any picks.  We get a younger, cheaper, if less proven veteran.  And who the hell knows...maybe the guy could show to be halfway decent.  If not....like I said...he is a bridge guy.

    And just out of curiosity:    Does anyone ever recall any team having 2 #1 overall pick QBs playing for the same team?  If we sign Bradford and take a QB #1 that would happen.

    I think #1 David Carr backed up #1 Eli Manning for a couple of years. 

    @dr.footwear said:

    I think #1 David Carr backed up #1 Eli Manning for a couple of years. 

    Well Done! But not the only #1 overall David backed up during his career...

    David also crossed paths with former #1 overall Vinnie Testaverde in CAR.

    Vinnie was around so long that he crossed paths with a couple other 1st-round QBs, but no other #1 overalls that I can think of...

    And on Bradford... no. You sign a bridge QB to play while your rookie sits and learns. You simply can't count on Sam to play.

  • The Perennial bridesmaid.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sam Bradford will be a FA.    And all indications seem to be that he is the odd man out in the Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford Triumvirate. there in Minnesota. 

    And there...all it would cost us is whatever we have to pay him....as I believe he will be unrestricted.   He just turned 30...so he is younger than Smith. 

    Yes, his health has always been an issue....as has his "quality"  particularly since he was an overall #1 pick at some point.  

    I can't see him demanding that much to sign....after all...other than that bridge QB....what value does he have?

    So...we don't have to give up any picks.  We get a younger, cheaper, if less proven veteran.  And who the hell knows...maybe the guy could show to be halfway decent.  If not....like I said...he is a bridge guy.

    And just out of curiosity:    Does anyone ever recall any team having 2 #1 overall pick QBs playing for the same team?  If we sign Bradford and take a QB #1 that would happen.

    I think #1 David Carr backed up #1 Eli Manning for a couple of years. 

    @dr.footwear said:

    I think #1 David Carr backed up #1 Eli Manning for a couple of years. 

    You are right.  Good catch.

  • @dr.footwear said:

    I think #1 David Carr backed up #1 Eli Manning for a couple of years. 

    Well Done! But not the only #1 overall David backed up during his career...

    David also crossed paths with former #1 overall Vinnie Testaverde in CAR.

    Vinnie was around so long that he crossed paths with a couple other 1st-round QBs, but no other #1 overalls that I can think of...

    And on Bradford... no. You sign a bridge QB to play while your rookie sits and learns. You simply can't count on Sam to play.

    @tour2ma said:

    Well Done! But not the only #1 overall David backed up during his career...

    David also crossed paths with former #1 overall Vinnie Testaverde in CAR.

    Vinnie was around so long that he crossed paths with a couple other 1st-round QBs, but no other #1 overalls that I can think of...

    And on Bradford... no. You sign a bridge QB to play while your rookie sits and learns. You simply can't count on Sam to play.

    Well.....admittedly you have to hope against hope.   All I am saying is that it would be an RGIII like shot....because you have to give nothing but his salary.   You just have to hope he would not go RG on us and get hurt in his first game.  But that is definitely a risk.

  • I think you still try to get Smith, for the fact he will be available the soonest via a trade. The Browns shouldn't wait and hope to get a guy, they need to go and get one. Obviously if you can't make a deal, you try for Cousin's and don't even both with a QB before round 3. 

    Also this is actually a deep FA QB class. You have a great good bridge guy if he gets traded or cut (Smith), a franchise QB (Cousins), and at least three bridge QBs who WILL win you games and give you shots at playoffs (Taylor, Bradford, and Bridgewater). When was the last time there was a QB group in FA this good?

  • Healthy Sam hell yes. Sadly he's not and never will be physically reliable.

  • Shattering Sam. No.