Annual Draft
-
I host a draft party for a bunch of my buddies. Plenty to eat & drink with a couple Priests, Fr Leo to be somewhat pious & Fr Pat to yell the cuss words none of us have the nerve to say in front of the other Priest. Sadly, Fr Pat will not be with us this year..he's teaching in Ireland for the next 5 months.
I think this year's menu may be simple...Hebrew Natl Hot Dogs with my homemade coney sauce/Bertman's mustard, my buffalo wings, sausage/cheese dip & chips, along with lots of pretzels, Snyders of Berlin BBQ chips (the BEST!), & just "stuff".
Mike
-
I wanted Henry, Watson, Prescott, Foster and Tyler Lockett. We have had enough misses on my best picks to turn my stomach nearly every draft.
Who really wanted Dak Prescot when he came into the draft? He was a 4th round pick and I thought he would be right around that pick, never thought he would start as well as he did. Obviously, when Zeke was out, his stats fell. I'm not saying this to take a shot at you, but I can't imagine why anyone would want this guy to come to the Browns.
Who really wanted Dak Prescot when he came into the draft? He was a 4th round pick and I thought he would be right around that pick, never thought he would start as well as he did. Obviously, when Zeke was out, his stats fell. I'm not saying this to take a shot at you, but I can't imagine why anyone would want this guy to come to the Browns.
LOL! Tour and I both wanted him. I followed him all the way through his SEC days and thought he was a great player who would adapt well to the NFL. He would have gone much higher had he not had a DUI charge the week before the draft (later dismissed).
-
Who really wanted Dak Prescot when he came into the draft? He was a 4th round pick and I thought he would be right around that pick, never thought he would start as well as he did. Obviously, when Zeke was out, his stats fell. I'm not saying this to take a shot at you, but I can't imagine why anyone would want this guy to come to the Browns.
LOL! Tour and I both wanted him. I followed him all the way through his SEC days and thought he was a great player who would adapt well to the NFL. He would have gone much higher had he not had a DUI charge the week before the draft (later dismissed).
LOL! Tour and I both wanted him. I followed him all the way through his SEC days and thought he was a great player who would adapt well to the NFL. He would have gone much higher had he not had a DUI charge the week before the draft (later dismissed).
When it became apparent that the Browns weren't trading up for Goff, or taking Wentz, I figured they would get a developmental guy in the mid-rounds. Prescott was the guy I wanted too, and for a split second I thought they took him, the realized it was Cody Kessler.

I never thought he'd be a decent starting QB from Day 1. I thought he'd be a good backup who might develop into a starting-caliber guy in a few seasons.
-
I watch the entire draft. All 7 rounds.
I was flying to Korea for part of the draft last year. I bought that in-flight Wifi and got my shitty stream going.
That first night though, I'll usually watch with friends at one of our places or a bar.
-
I host a draft party for a bunch of my buddies. Plenty to eat & drink with a couple Priests, Fr Leo to be somewhat pious & Fr Pat to yell the cuss words none of us have the nerve to say in front of the other Priest. Sadly, Fr Pat will not be with us this year..he's teaching in Ireland for the next 5 months.
I think this year's menu may be simple...Hebrew Natl Hot Dogs with my homemade coney sauce/Bertman's mustard, my buffalo wings, sausage/cheese dip & chips, along with lots of pretzels, Snyders of Berlin BBQ chips (the BEST!), & just "stuff".
Mike
I think this year's menu may be simple...Hebrew Natl Hot Dogs with my homemade coney sauce/Bertman's mustard, my buffalo wings, sausage/cheese dip & chips, along with lots of pretzels, Snyders of Berlin BBQ chips (the BEST!), & just "stuff".
Mike
I think you put in a lb of pepper in the last batch - can I bring ours?

-
I think this year's menu may be simple...Hebrew Natl Hot Dogs with my homemade coney sauce/Bertman's mustard, my buffalo wings, sausage/cheese dip & chips, along with lots of pretzels, Snyders of Berlin BBQ chips (the BEST!), & just "stuff".
Mike
I think you put in a lb of pepper in the last batch - can I bring ours?

-
I host a draft party for a bunch of my buddies. Plenty to eat & drink with a couple Priests, Fr Leo to be somewhat pious & Fr Pat to yell the cuss words none of us have the nerve to say in front of the other Priest. Sadly, Fr Pat will not be with us this year..he's teaching in Ireland for the next 5 months.
I think this year's menu may be simple...Hebrew Natl Hot Dogs with my homemade coney sauce/Bertman's mustard, my buffalo wings, sausage/cheese dip & chips, along with lots of pretzels, Snyders of Berlin BBQ chips (the BEST!), & just "stuff".
Mike
..Hebrew Natl Hot Dogs
Mike
Do they make those in Jerusalem now that Trump moved the capital?

-
Not a lb, but I ALWAYS fresh grind the pepper & double the amount called for. I use pepper like Emeril uses garlic.
Sure, you can bring yours...I'll just label it, "Sissy Food"!!!

Mike
lol. You're the fraidy-cat who won't try my groundhog stew or squirrel pie.
-
Not a lb, but I ALWAYS fresh grind the pepper & double the amount called for. I use pepper like Emeril uses garlic.
Sure, you can bring yours...I'll just label it, "Sissy Food"!!!

Mike
lol. You're the fraidy-cat who won't try my groundhog stew or squirrel pie.
-
When the Draft used to be Saturday/Sunday, some guys from the message board mjp and I came from used to meet up and watch the Saturday festivities. I still remember two of them threatening to jump in the pond behind my place when the Browns drafted Joe Thomas with the 3rd pick overall instead of, wait for it, Brady Quinn. Oh they were soooooo happy when the Browns got him later. So, so happy.
Then two years later one of the guys trying to explain to us (and he would keep it up for YEARS after) how Mangini did a masterful job negotiating the '09 Draft. Used to be a somewhat drunken fest with tons of bad food.
Now it just devolved into a buddy and me with our heads in our hands muttering: "I can't Shmucking believe they just took Johnny Shmucking Football..."
Now it just devolved into a buddy and me with our heads in our hands muttering: "I can't Shmucking believe they just took Johnny Shmucking Football..."
I thought the Browns 2017 first round was fine- then Jim Brown announces "Deshone Kizer". It ruined my day...
I tape both networks, and jump back & forth...
-
Well since Mike is a Vietnam Vet, offer him snake soup, duck blood pudding or boiled dog.

This made me throw up a little in my mouth ?
-
Well since Mike is a Vietnam Vet, offer him snake soup, duck blood pudding or boiled dog.

Hey Bill, What WAS that meat the Montagnard Honchos fed us on those wood skewers? I thought it would be rude to ask, but it was always well seasoned, tasty, AND it didn't kill me!

Mike
-
Well since Mike is a Vietnam Vet, offer him snake soup, duck blood pudding or boiled dog.

Hey Bill, What WAS that meat the Montagnard Honchos fed us on those wood skewers? I thought it would be rude to ask, but it was always well seasoned, tasty, AND it didn't kill me!

Mike
Hey Bill, What WAS that meat the Montagnard Honchos fed us on those wood skewers? I thought it would be rude to ask, but it was always well seasoned, tasty, AND it didn't kill me!

Mike
Well let's just say you should be backing Barkley, "Woof woof!"

-
Now it just devolved into a buddy and me with our heads in our hands muttering: "I can't Shmucking believe they just took Johnny Shmucking Football..."
I thought the Browns 2017 first round was fine- then Jim Brown announces "Deshone Kizer". It ruined my day...
I tape both networks, and jump back & forth...
-
Who did you think they were going for rather than kizer?
I'm new to it all, only saw that clip of jim brown the other day.
LOL, I would have hoped anybody but. It was like, oh hell, let's roll the dice. Players we could have taken? JuJu Smith WR (Steelers) Pat Eflien C (Vikings). PS we were in need of a center as Erving was a disaster.
-
Who really wanted Dak Prescot when he came into the draft? He was a 4th round pick and I thought he would be right around that pick, never thought he would start as well as he did. Obviously, when Zeke was out, his stats fell. I'm not saying this to take a shot at you, but I can't imagine why anyone would want this guy to come to the Browns.
LOL! Tour and I both wanted him. I followed him all the way through his SEC days and thought he was a great player who would adapt well to the NFL. He would have gone much higher had he not had a DUI charge the week before the draft (later dismissed).
LOL! Tour and I both wanted him. I followed him all the way through his SEC days and thought he was a great player who would adapt well to the NFL.
Yeah... and the thing was if you watched Dak progress over his final three seasons at MSU, then you could not help but see his worth.
He was the easiest darkhorse pick I've made... and not by a small margin... and perhaps not coincidentally the most successful.
-
I head to my friends house (Patriots fan) and my other mate comes over (Vikings fan) and we get a takeaway and a few beers then place some bets with each other on whos gonna take who as the draft goes along, an enjoyable night. Then I watch round two on Friday night but I love Saturday and the rest of the rounds I sit in front of NFL network all day
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login