Skip to content

Anthony Miller - A Potential Gem for Round 2 or 3

The Browns Board
42 18 2.1k
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #3

    He will be good.

  • dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #4

    Flugel, like you said, he's 5'11 which is my biggest concern.  We all thought Coleman was going to be a great receiver.  Antonio Brown type receiver seldom comes around.  We could draft him late in the 2nd round, but I would still have my concerns. We need receivers with size, no more Colemans. 

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by RoyceRolls
    #5

    5’11” doesn’t bother me as long as the guy can catch. The NFL is full of less than 6’ receivers who are legitimate stars. If Coleman could stay healthy and catch the ball no one would care about his height. 

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Odell Beckham

    Jarvis Landry 

    Emanuel Sanders 

    T.Y. Hilton

    Stephon Diggs

    Brandon Cooks

    Doug Baldwin

    Golden Tate

    Tyreek Hill

    There are plenty of wide receivers that 6 ft or shorter in the league. Size at the wide receiver position is way over rated. You don't want all small guys but if they can play it doesn't matter

  • As much as I would like bigger framed guys (6'1"+) for our bare cupboard at WR - Memphis' Anthony Miller made me drool like a Gerber Baby Food model both times I saw him.  All I kept saying was who the flock of seagulls is that?  Good Lord!  UCLA is still chasing him as we speak.  He may be very tempting for one of our 2nd round picks...  Then again, this comes from the same hollow dome that thought Breshad Perriman would have been a nice 2nd round pick before he also fooled Ozzie Newsome into blowing a 1st round pick on him.

    The only thing I don't like is he has the same 5'11" 190 lb body frame Edward Scissorhands-Coleman has.  Then again, Antonio Brown has the very same frame and it hasn't exactly killed him.  I'll link up his stats here for yuz:

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/anthony-miller-6.html

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @flugel said:

    As much as I would like bigger framed guys (6'1"+) for our bare cupboard at WR - Memphis' Anthony Miller made me drool like a Gerber Baby Food model both times I saw him.  All I kept saying was who the flock of seagulls is that?  Good Lord!  UCLA is still chasing him as we speak.  He may be very tempting for one of our 2nd round picks...  Then again, this comes from the same hollow dome that thought Breshad Perriman would have been a nice 2nd round pick before he also fooled Ozzie Newsome into blowing a 1st round pick on him.

    The only thing I don't like is he has the same 5'11" 190 lb body frame Edward Scissorhands-Coleman has.  Then again, Antonio Brown has the very same frame and it hasn't exactly killed him.  I'll link up his stats here for yuz:

    https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/anthony-miller-6.html

    Impressive stuff online regarding this kid. Has been compared favorably to Anthony Brown. Miller will be an interesting player to watch at the Senior Bowl, as long as he is able to play.

    Mike

  • Flugel, like you said, he's 5'11 which is my biggest concern.  We all thought Coleman was going to be a great receiver.  Antonio Brown type receiver seldom comes around.  We could draft him late in the 2nd round, but I would still have my concerns. We need receivers with size, no more Colemans. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dawg2fan said:

      We all thought Coleman was going to be a great receiver.  

    ....  sub-buzz-20355-1479754896-19.png?downsiz

  • Flugel, like you said, he's 5'11 which is my biggest concern.  We all thought Coleman was going to be a great receiver.  Antonio Brown type receiver seldom comes around.  We could draft him late in the 2nd round, but I would still have my concerns. We need receivers with size, no more Colemans. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @dawg2fan said:

    Flugel, like you said, he's 5'11 which is my biggest concern.  We all thought Coleman was going to be a great receiver.  Antonio Brown type receiver seldom comes around.  We could draft him late in the 2nd round, but I would still have my concerns. We need receivers with size, no more Colemans. 

    Oh no we all did NOT! Coleman had the "dropsies" in college. I cursed that pick. I'll celebrate when he's gone.

    Mike

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Let's ask our resident Memphis scout, Ghoolie?

  • 5’11” doesn’t bother me as long as the guy can catch. The NFL is full of less than 6’ receivers who are legitimate stars. If Coleman could stay healthy and catch the ball no one would care about his height. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @roycerolls said:

    5’11” doesn’t bother me as long as the guy can catch...

    ... and elevate.

  • 5’11” doesn’t bother me as long as the guy can catch. The NFL is full of less than 6’ receivers who are legitimate stars. If Coleman could stay healthy and catch the ball no one would care about his height. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @roycerolls said:

     If Coleman could stay healthy and catch the ball 

    That has to be one of the funniest things i have ever read

    hey how bout if kizer was accurate and didn't throw picks

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Speaking of size, Calvin Ridley (most likely the #1 WR this upcoming draft) is a bit on the smaller size.

  • Let's ask our resident Memphis scout, Ghoolie?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @stillmotion said:

    Let's ask our resident Memphis scout, Ghoolie?

    Do we really have to?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #15

    if Cortland Sutton shows elusive route running and quickness more than he's given credit for, ..to get open for the NFL, at the combine.

    I can see the Browns drafting him with the #4 pick. But that is where Minkah is generally considered the top pick..

  • sydS syd

    @roycerolls said:

     If Coleman could stay healthy and catch the ball 

    That has to be one of the funniest things i have ever read

    hey how bout if kizer was accurate and didn't throw picks

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @syd said:

    That has to be one of the funniest things i have ever read

    hey how bout if kizer was accurate and didn't throw picks

    Or if Hue could manage the clock and call plays effectively.

    or if Haslam could hire a coach and ditch a chromosome. 

  • Speaking of size, Calvin Ridley (most likely the #1 WR this upcoming draft) is a bit on the smaller size.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of size, Calvin Ridley (most likely the #1 WR this upcoming draft) is a bit on the smaller size.

    Listed as 6'1 and looks to be about that.  

    Wouldn't call that "smaller size".

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Speaking of size, Calvin Ridley (most likely the #1 WR this upcoming draft) is a bit on the smaller size.

    Listed as 6'1 and looks to be about that.  

    Wouldn't call that "smaller size".

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tiamat63 said:

    Listed as 6'1 and looks to be about that.  

    Wouldn't call that "smaller size".

    Watching him in the title game, he looked smallish to me. (Like 5'11", 190lbs smallish, not Bad Santa elf small)

    I like him, but I guess I'm old-fashioned when I prefer WRs in the discussion as a top half of the 1st round to be physical specimens. Ridley to me isn't physically imposing, but neither is Antonio Brown, so it's not the end all.

  • Odell Beckham

    Jarvis Landry 

    Emanuel Sanders 

    T.Y. Hilton

    Stephon Diggs

    Brandon Cooks

    Doug Baldwin

    Golden Tate

    Tyreek Hill

    There are plenty of wide receivers that 6 ft or shorter in the league. Size at the wide receiver position is way over rated. You don't want all small guys but if they can play it doesn't matter

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Odell Beckham--now have his coach

    Jarvis Landry 

    Emanuel Sanders 

    T.Y. Hilton

    Stephon Diggs

    Brandon Cooks

    Doug Baldwin

    Golden Tate

    Tyreek Hill--Dorsey drafted in 5th round(his highest ever drafted WR in KC was Chris Conley in 3rd) 

    There are plenty of wide receivers that 6 ft or shorter in the league. Size at the wide receiver position is way over rated. 

    see this list..all different size ranges. We have that. What we don't have is their Route Running Ability to get open. Physical Guys that will look a DB square in his eyes & break his ankles with his feet at top speed. Ju Ju Schuster was the guy last season that most scouts tagged as the best Route Runner with Down Field blocking Ability..for once they were right..At remaining bowls & combine that's the guy we need to hear about & should draft 2 of them..     

    @tiamat63 said:

    ....  sub-buzz-20355-1479754896-19.png?downsiz

    now what'ya thinking..LMAO!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Listed as 6'1 and looks to be about that.  

    Wouldn't call that "smaller size".

    Watching him in the title game, he looked smallish to me. (Like 5'11", 190lbs smallish, not Bad Santa elf small)

    I like him, but I guess I'm old-fashioned when I prefer WRs in the discussion as a top half of the 1st round to be physical specimens. Ridley to me isn't physically imposing, but neither is Antonio Brown, so it's not the end all.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    Watching him in the title game, he looked smallish to me. (Like 5'11", 190lbs smallish, not Bad Santa elf small)

    I like him, but I guess I'm old-fashioned when I prefer WRs in the discussion as a top half of the 1st round to be physical specimens. Ridley to me isn't physically imposing, but neither is Antonio Brown, so it's not the end all.

    I need my wide receivers to catch.  Braylon & Little were "physical specimens".  

    I'll take a Santonio Holmes over a Derrius Hayward Bay.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Watching him in the title game, he looked smallish to me. (Like 5'11", 190lbs smallish, not Bad Santa elf small)

    I like him, but I guess I'm old-fashioned when I prefer WRs in the discussion as a top half of the 1st round to be physical specimens. Ridley to me isn't physically imposing, but neither is Antonio Brown, so it's not the end all.

    I need my wide receivers to catch.  Braylon & Little were "physical specimens".  

    I'll take a Santonio Holmes over a Derrius Hayward Bay.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tiamat63 said:

    I need my wide receivers to catch.  Braylon & Little were "physical specimens".  

    I'll take a Santonio Holmes over a Derrius Hayward Bay.  

    Of course.

    But I'm assuming that if a WR is first round worthy, the guy can catch well. How the NFL keeps overlooking this is beyond me. Assuming that first round caliber WRs should be able to catch the ball well, I'd prefer one that is 6'3 and 215lbs over one that is 5'11", 190.

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    Odell Beckham--now have his coach

    Jarvis Landry 

    Emanuel Sanders 

    T.Y. Hilton

    Stephon Diggs

    Brandon Cooks

    Doug Baldwin

    Golden Tate

    Tyreek Hill--Dorsey drafted in 5th round(his highest ever drafted WR in KC was Chris Conley in 3rd) 

    There are plenty of wide receivers that 6 ft or shorter in the league. Size at the wide receiver position is way over rated. 

    see this list..all different size ranges. We have that. What we don't have is their Route Running Ability to get open. Physical Guys that will look a DB square in his eyes & break his ankles with his feet at top speed. Ju Ju Schuster was the guy last season that most scouts tagged as the best Route Runner with Down Field blocking Ability..for once they were right..At remaining bowls & combine that's the guy we need to hear about & should draft 2 of them..     

    @tiamat63 said:

    ....  sub-buzz-20355-1479754896-19.png?downsiz

    now what'ya thinking..LMAO!

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @gumby73 said:

    see this list..all different size ranges. We have that. What we don't have is their Route Running Ability to get open. Physical Guys that will look a DB square in his eyes & break his ankles with his feet at top speed. Ju Ju Schuster was the guy last season that most scouts tagged as the best Route Runner with Down Field blocking Ability..for once they were right..At remaining bowls & combine that's the guy we need to hear about & should draft 2 of them..     

    now what'ya thinking..LMAO!

    I remembered putting Ju Ju as my 12th pick in my mock draft; and that particular idea received a ton of criticism.  At the time of it, I also didn't realize Kessler would regress to being an Ostrich in the pocket so I thought it would be a nice idea to re-establish the chemistry they already enjoyed at USC.