Skip to content

Shurmur Top Candidate for Giants HC

The Browns Board
7 5 412
  • "Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

    Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

  • "Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

    Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

    @dick-mellon said:

    "Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

    Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

    He could be like that other HC dud the Browns had- Romeo Crenell, great coordinator, lousy HC. When he was with the Browns I affectionately called him Pat Sure-loss. Certainly in the running  in my "worst Browns coach ever" list. BTW, Hue Jackson is rapidly moving up in the standings..  

  • @dick-mellon said:

    "Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

    Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

    He could be like that other HC dud the Browns had- Romeo Crenell, great coordinator, lousy HC. When he was with the Browns I affectionately called him Pat Sure-loss. Certainly in the running  in my "worst Browns coach ever" list. BTW, Hue Jackson is rapidly moving up in the standings..  

    @hoorta said:

    He could be like that other HC dud the Browns had- Romeo Crenell, great coordinator, lousy HC. When he was with the Browns I affectionately called him Pat Sure-loss. Certainly in the running  in my "worst Browns coach ever" list. BTW, Hue Jackson is rapidly moving up in the standings..  

    How can you move up that list when you are already 1-31? 1-47?😉

  • "Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

    Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

    @dick-mellon said:

    "Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

    Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

    Shurmur was completely clueless here as HC.    He was a walking, talking bottle of Lunesta...and his players played like they were on it.  (a top brand of sleeping pills).  Oh...his redeeming quality was that he seemed like a nice man.  

    But to quote one of all of our favorite movies:   "Oh no....I am a very good man....I am just a very bad wizard".  (insert football HC)

  • Yes, Gipper, you characterized him perfectly.  He reminded me of the way Cam Cameron was as a HC at Miami.  He seemed lost a clueless.  These guys can be decent coordinators but it seems that the Head Coach position is way over their heads. 

  • Yes, Gipper, you characterized him perfectly.  He reminded me of the way Cam Cameron was as a HC at Miami.  He seemed lost a clueless.  These guys can be decent coordinators but it seems that the Head Coach position is way over their heads. 

    @dick-mellon said:

    Yes, Gipper, you characterized him perfectly.  He reminded me of the way Cam Cameron was as a HC at Miami.  He seemed lost a clueless.  These guys can be decent coordinators but it seems that the Head Coach position is way over their heads. 

    But some OCs won't admit it despite failures as HCs in Oakland and Cleveland.

  • Patsy would not be the first HC to fail the first time he had the job and come back better the second time around.

    The OC work he's done with two teams since his HC stint with us has certainly earned him a second shot.