Skip to content

QB mike white

The Browns Board
74 18 3.2k 1
  • Rudolph and Jackson as the top two?? Good thing I'm not drinking anything at the keyboard anymore, I'd have spit it out,

    laughing. we'll see how it all turns out. They have him going as high as round two.

    EDIT:

    My bad, it was http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=128411&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB

    Name: Mike White (Transfer from South Florida)
    College: Western Kentucky     Number: 14
    Height: 6-4   Weight: 221
    Position: QB  Pos2:
    Class/Draft Year: rSr/2018
    40 Low: 4.78   40 Time: 4.87
      40 High: 4.98
    Projected Round: 2-3  Stock: same.gif   
    Rated number 7 out of 115 QB's     82 / 2381 TOTAL

    @calfoxwc said:

    Rudolph and Jackson as the top two?? Good thing I'm not drinking anything at the keyboard anymore, I'd have spit it out,

    laughing. we'll see how it all turns out.

    I see....it was Draft Scout that had White as a a 2-3 round pick.   

    And...honestly at this point...I would rather see either Rudolph and Jackson ....and even White, over DeShone Allen...aka, Brandon Weeden Jr.  The more I look into Allen....the more that that is what I see of him.

  • @hoorta said:

    OK, sorry, I underestimated White. Seems Walter Football does too. 

    Here are CBS rankings:

    10 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St. Sr QB 1 6-5 230  
    14 Lamar Jackson Louisville Jr QB 2 6-3 200  
    16 Josh Rosen UCLA Jr QB 3 6-4 220  
    21 Sam Darnold USC Soph QB 4 6-4 225  
    39 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma Sr QB 5 6-1 218  
    119 Josh Allen Wyoming Jr QB 6 6-5 233  
    155 Logan Woodside Toledo Sr QB 7 6-2 201  
    168 Mike White Western Ky. Sr QB 8 6-4 225  
    187 Kyle Lauletta Richmond Sr QB 9 6-3 215  
    195 Nick Stevens Colorado St. Sr QB 10 6-3 200  
    200 Riley Ferguson Memphis Sr QB 11 6-4 210  
    220 Luke Falk Wash. State Sr QB 12 6-4 225

    They have him as about a 5th rounder.

    @the-gipper said:

    Here are CBS rankings:

    10 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St. Sr QB 1 6-5 230  
    14 Lamar Jackson Louisville Jr QB 2 6-3 200  
                     

    They have him as about a 5th rounder.

    I agree with some of CBS' opinions- but care to explain how in the world they can have Mason Rudolph rated as their #1 QB prospect and the 5th quarterback taken in the draft? Other than their outlier- no other mock I've seen has Rudolph in the first round, and certainly not the #1 QB prospect.  Does not compute. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Rudolph and Jackson as the top two?? Good thing I'm not drinking anything at the keyboard anymore, I'd have spit it out,

    laughing. we'll see how it all turns out.

    I see....it was Draft Scout that had White as a a 2-3 round pick.   

    And...honestly at this point...I would rather see either Rudolph and Jackson ....and even White, over DeShone Allen...aka, Brandon Weeden Jr.  The more I look into Allen....the more that that is what I see of him.

    @the-gipper said:

    I see....it was Draft Scout that had White as a a 2-3 round pick.   

    And...honestly at this point...I would rather see either Rudolph and Jackson ....and even White, over DeShone Allen...aka, Brandon Weeden Jr.  The more I look into Allen....the more that that is what I see of him.

    Somehow you missed the weeden when watching Rudolph?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Here are CBS rankings:

    10 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St. Sr QB 1 6-5 230  
    14 Lamar Jackson Louisville Jr QB 2 6-3 200  
                     

    They have him as about a 5th rounder.

    I agree with some of CBS' opinions- but care to explain how in the world they can have Mason Rudolph rated as their #1 QB prospect and the 5th quarterback taken in the draft? Other than their outlier- no other mock I've seen has Rudolph in the first round, and certainly not the #1 QB prospect.  Does not compute. 

    @hoorta said:

    I agree with some of CBS' opinions- but care to explain how in the world they can have Mason Rudolph rated as their #1 QB prospect and the 5th quarterback taken in the draft? Other than their outlier- no other mock I've seen has Rudolph in the first round, and certainly not the #1 QB prospect.  Does not compute. 

    Sure it computes.  They have Rudolph ranked as the best prospect.....but Mock Drafts are NOT designed to rank prospects....they are projections of what the author of the mock thinks that teams will do.    We have gone over this before.  It is also likely that it is a different writer that does the mock than does the prospect ranking.

    ALL of these are, after all.....just some mope's personal opinions on things....be it Kiper, McShay, Brugler, Mayock,  you, me,  or any other gasbag with a forum to get their opinions heard. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I see....it was Draft Scout that had White as a a 2-3 round pick.   

    And...honestly at this point...I would rather see either Rudolph and Jackson ....and even White, over DeShone Allen...aka, Brandon Weeden Jr.  The more I look into Allen....the more that that is what I see of him.

    Somehow you missed the weeden when watching Rudolph?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Somehow you missed the weeden when watching Rudolph?

    No...I didn't miss it because I didn't see it.   (I have heard that Allen basically fits that mold)   But I did note the same reservation that I had for Weeden....and Mayfield....and everyone else that has come out of the Big 12:   Big 12 QBs cannot be trusted....as they have never been very successful. 

    As someone noted:  NO Big 12 QB since the inception of the league (in like 1994)  has ever won an NFL playoff game.  The best ever has been Andy Dalton....who has lost 4 playoff games. 

    If the best the Browns can do with their drafting of a QB is to get another Dalton.....then I am all for going elsewhere with the pick.

    I think it boils down to one of the Pac 12 guys likely.  Allen....we got his clone now in Kizer.   Mayfield and Rudolph....the Big 12 curse.  Jackson....not unless we want like a Mike Vick type clone...who cannot throw nearly as well as Vick did.

    No....to me....it looks like Darnold or Rosen.  

    So....for one of them its:

    And:

  • @hoorta said:

    I agree with some of CBS' opinions- but care to explain how in the world they can have Mason Rudolph rated as their #1 QB prospect and the 5th quarterback taken in the draft? Other than their outlier- no other mock I've seen has Rudolph in the first round, and certainly not the #1 QB prospect.  Does not compute. 

    Sure it computes.  They have Rudolph ranked as the best prospect.....but Mock Drafts are NOT designed to rank prospects....they are projections of what the author of the mock thinks that teams will do.    We have gone over this before.  It is also likely that it is a different writer that does the mock than does the prospect ranking.

    ALL of these are, after all.....just some mope's personal opinions on things....be it Kiper, McShay, Brugler, Mayock,  you, me,  or any other gasbag with a forum to get their opinions heard. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure it computes.  They have Rudolph ranked as the best prospect.....but Mock Drafts are NOT designed to rank prospects....they are projections of what the author of the mock thinks that teams will do.    We have gone over this before.  It is also likely that it is a different writer that does the mock than does the prospect ranking.

    ALL of these are, after all.....just some mope's personal opinions on things....be it Kiper, McShay, Brugler, Mayock,  you, me,  or any other gasbag with a forum to get their opinions heard. 

    Go ahead and keep being obtuse. So yeah, if different guys are doing the rankings\draft I can see it. But if Rudolph is truly the #1 prospect (and as I pointed out only CBS does- and that's a major outlier in the discussion)  there is absolutely no way in hell four other quarterback needy teams are going to pass on him.  

    Sorry if you think an outlier fits your argument. Walter has him #6 qb, ditto NFL.com. SI and Jeremiah don't even have him in the top 50 prospects. So CBS having him drafted (at best) in the lower half of the first round fits what the other draftniks and talking heads think about his ability. In other words, whoever at CBS ranked him the #1 qb prospect is crack head BS, and doubtless they'll change it after the combine. The new term being bandied around is click bait. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sure it computes.  They have Rudolph ranked as the best prospect.....but Mock Drafts are NOT designed to rank prospects....they are projections of what the author of the mock thinks that teams will do.    We have gone over this before.  It is also likely that it is a different writer that does the mock than does the prospect ranking.

    ALL of these are, after all.....just some mope's personal opinions on things....be it Kiper, McShay, Brugler, Mayock,  you, me,  or any other gasbag with a forum to get their opinions heard. 

    Go ahead and keep being obtuse. So yeah, if different guys are doing the rankings\draft I can see it. But if Rudolph is truly the #1 prospect (and as I pointed out only CBS does- and that's a major outlier in the discussion)  there is absolutely no way in hell four other quarterback needy teams are going to pass on him.  

    Sorry if you think an outlier fits your argument. Walter has him #6 qb, ditto NFL.com. SI and Jeremiah don't even have him in the top 50 prospects. So CBS having him drafted (at best) in the lower half of the first round fits what the other draftniks and talking heads think about his ability. In other words, whoever at CBS ranked him the #1 qb prospect is crack head BS, and doubtless they'll change it after the combine. The new term being bandied around is click bait. 

    @hoorta said:

    Go ahead and keep being obtuse. So yeah, if different guys are doing the rankings\draft I can see it. But if Rudolph is truly the #1 prospect (and as I pointed out only CBS does- and that's a major outlier in the discussion)  there is absolutely no way in hell four other quarterback needy teams are going to pass on him.  

    Sorry if you think an outlier fits your argument. Walter has him #6 qb, ditto NFL.com. SI and Jeremiah don't even have him in the top 50 prospects. So CBS having him drafted (at best) in the lower half of the first round fits what the other draftniks and talking heads think about his ability. In other words, whoever at CBS ranked him the #1 qb prospect is crack head BS, and doubtless they'll change it after the combine. The new term being bandied around is click bait. 

    Sorry Larry....you are the one being obtuse because:  A.  You  are entering TCPO type of  mental malfunction because you still do not seem to be able to tell the difference between a prospects rating and a mock draft...and B.  I am NOT saying that Rudolph is the best prospect in the minds of the mass media.....I understand that most mock drafts and ratings of him do not have him among the top prospects.

    What I AM saying is that NO ONE among this crop of QB prospects is all that impressive to me......that NONE of them are what any of us should think of as a sure thing.  That for all any of us know this guy could be as good or better than all the others when the time comes to truly evaluate this group of QBs:  i.e 3-5 years later. 

    I mean...look at it this way...I see this draft class as potentially similar to 2012  If anyone said they would think that  the guy that was projected to be the 6th best QB of the bunch would turn out to be the best guy....then many of you on here would have said that whoever said that is crack head BS.....and would have doubted that would change. But here you go....QBs in 2012 in order in which they were drafted:

    1. Andrew Luck

    2. Robert Griffin III

    3. Ryan Tannehill

    4. Brandon Weeden

    5. Brock Osweiler

    6. Russell Wilson

    7. Nick Foles

    8. Kirk Cousins

    Now...who would have thought that it was the guys that were the 6th and 7th QBs taken that year would be the ones to be Super Bowl winning starting QBs.....and that the guy that was 8th would be in line to become the highest paid QB in history. 

    So...the bottom line is:    don't be all so effing Socksure that all these rating services and mock drafts will get things right.  Would only that the 
    Browns not have been the dumbarses of the world and taken those 6-7-8th ranked QBs...instead of the one they got.

  • all this gipper slobber over run run rudolph is disgusting.....😎

  • all this gipper slobber over run run rudolph is disgusting.....😎

    @calfoxwc said:

    all this gipper slobber over run run rudolph is disgusting.....😎

    Yes, we all know who it is that has the cum on his face because of his love of a QB:  you.

  • not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

  • not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

    @calfoxwc said:

    not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

    You talking to me?  I had nothing to say about Manziel's completion pct. 

    All I can figure out is that you really must be a Communist.  You love a guy with nothing but red flags.   And the flags that I am talking about are just the bare bones statistics.  Of the Top 6 candidates I already documented that your boy toy had:

    1. The WORST completion pct.

    2. The WORST QB rating.

    3. The WORST  TD/int. ratio

    ...plus the WORST in  several other statistical categories.  

    Now...he might have the size of Brock Osweiler, and a Brandon Weeden/Derek Anderson/Deshone Kizer bazooka arm.  And he might be the nicest kid this side of Brady Quinn...who seemed like a really nice kid. But the fact is.....it seems that he falls into comparison with all these other guys for a reason. 

  • well, judge goober, you are a poor judge of talent, let's leave it at that. He also led his not that talented team to the bowl game,

    and wowed scouts in it. I never once said he was a finished product, but let's all just watch the draft, watch their careers. You wanted to sit in a hottub with johnny manziel. Your fave rudolph won't be drafted that high as the top five, take it to the bank.

  • well, judge goober, you are a poor judge of talent, let's leave it at that. He also led his not that talented team to the bowl game,

    and wowed scouts in it. I never once said he was a finished product, but let's all just watch the draft, watch their careers. You wanted to sit in a hottub with johnny manziel. Your fave rudolph won't be drafted that high as the top five, take it to the bank.

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, judge goober, you are a poor judge of talent, let's leave it at that. He also led his not that talented team to the bowl game,

    and wowed scouts in it. I never once said he was a finished product, but let's all just watch the draft, watch their careers. You wanted to sit in a hottub with johnny manziel. Your fave rudolph won't be drafted that high as the top five, take it to the bank.

    The dude using Josh Allen’s hog as a snorkel is in here talking about evaluating talent.

    Thats just about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    well, judge goober, you are a poor judge of talent, let's leave it at that. He also led his not that talented team to the bowl game,

    and wowed scouts in it. I never once said he was a finished product, but let's all just watch the draft, watch their careers. You wanted to sit in a hottub with johnny manziel. Your fave rudolph won't be drafted that high as the top five, take it to the bank.

    The dude using Josh Allen’s hog as a snorkel is in here talking about evaluating talent.

    Thats just about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The dude using Josh Allen’s hog as a snorkel is in here talking about evaluating talent.

    Thats just about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

    although, I was absolutely against jm being drafted - argued against it bigtime. I was a Trubisky guy, and he went #2 Overall.

    What did you think of jm in that draft?

  • not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

    @calfoxwc said:

    not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

    Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

    Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

    @mark-o said:

    Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

    The irony of this didn't escape me either, Mark. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

    Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

    @mark-o said:

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

    Oh, snaps.

    bitch, you got jacked.... bitch 

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The dude using Josh Allen’s hog as a snorkel is in here talking about evaluating talent.

    Thats just about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

    although, I was absolutely against jm being drafted - argued against it bigtime. I was a Trubisky guy, and he went #2 Overall.

    What did you think of jm in that draft?

    @calfoxwc said:

    although, I was absolutely against jm being drafted - argued against it bigtime. I was a Trubisky guy, and he went #2 Overall.

    What did you think of jm in that draft?

    I thought he was the 3rd best QB. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    not at all, goober. I just admire talent - you and a few others, like little sissy markie drooled over manziel's completion percentages and how he had a strong arm. Others of us kept saying the red flags are a concern. Have a nice day, and God Bless Ya !

    Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

    @mark-o said:

    Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

    well, sissy markie, when it comes to people talking about wanting their daughters to be raped, you should have manned up and deleted it, instead of being a punk butt and letting it go. and it wasn't said to me sheet for brains, so STFU.

       You have deleted some of my stuff, just because I disagreed with one of your friends about politics. If you won't be a man and do your job right, then turn it over to several posters on this board who could do it right, and not like an asexual limp-leaved tropical plant.

  • @mark-o said:

    Oh really??  Did I?   Show me where I talked about that with Johnny Manzidiot.     

    Also funny having you call anyone "sissy" with the number of emails I get about you complaining about something someone said on a message board....so you might want to back off on that snowflake.

    well, sissy markie, when it comes to people talking about wanting their daughters to be raped, you should have manned up and deleted it, instead of being a punk butt and letting it go. and it wasn't said to me sheet for brains, so STFU.

       You have deleted some of my stuff, just because I disagreed with one of your friends about politics. If you won't be a man and do your job right, then turn it over to several posters on this board who could do it right, and not like an asexual limp-leaved tropical plant.

    @calfoxwc said:

    well, sissy markie, when it comes to people talking about wanting their daughters to be raped, you should have manned up and deleted it, instead of being a punk butt and letting it go. and it wasn't said to me sheet for brains, so STFU.

       You have deleted some of my stuff, just because I disagreed with one of your friends about politics. If you won't be a man and do your job right, then turn it over to several posters on this board who could do it right, and not like an asexual limp-leaved tropical plant.

    A.  I have deleted nothing that you've posted.

    B.  I never visit the political board.

    c.  If I had seen the (one post) you're referring to, I would've deleted it.   How about the 100 other posts you've complained about?

    D.  If you would like my moderator status, feel free to email the owner of the board and ask for it. 

    E.  Get your accusations correct before you make them snowflake.

    F.   F stands for Fuck off