Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Crennel Made Quinn Decision... Not Lerner

Crennel Made Quinn Decision... Not Lerner

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
37 Posts 21 Posters 2.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Koa K
    • 147 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    K Koa wrote on last edited by
    #1

    From a press conference a few hours ago:

    "We needed a different dynamic on offense so that's why I made the decision. Some things that had to do with it are our record, offensive ranking, offensive production, and so I made the decision to make a change. I informed the organization what I was thinking and that they would back whatever decision I made. So I feel I have the backing."

    Here's a statement RAC made about Quinn, which might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard a coach say in a press conference. Is this how you motivate a player? Even the SportsCenter anchors were laughing...

    "I don't know if anything is ever permanent so we'll play the games and see how it plays out. I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • 585Dawg 5
      • 117 Posts
      • 1 Reputation
      5 585Dawg wrote on last edited by
      #2

      What? Did you really expect RAC to say something different?! He is such a loser.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don't care what that goof has to say....

        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Lumbergh LumberghL
          • 1k Posts
          • 2 Reputation
          LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
          #4

          \ said:

          I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

          BWAAAAAHAHAHA

          YEAH RAC SURE MADE THIS DECISION!!!! GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE IT GREYFAG!!!!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • lemosley01 L
            • 689 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            \ said:

            I'm not convinced he made the decision...of course he will say that he did no matter what. It saves face for him and the organization.

            However, that last statement absolutely floors me! Shouldn't RAC (or any head coach) be a little more supportive/inspiring than "hope he doesn't fall on his face"?

            Knute Rockne he isn't.

            It says to me it wasn't really his decision. If it were truly his decision because he believes Anderson will not be the guy of the future, he would be much more supportive.

            Has he referred to him by name yet, or is he still calling him 'the quarterback', 'the other quarterback', or 'the other guy'?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • lemosley01 L
              • 689 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              \ said:

              \ said:

              I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

              BWAAAAAHAHAHA

              YEAH RAC SURE MADE THIS DECISION!!!! GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE IT GREYFAG!!!!

              The difference is that Greythan and most of us have been consistent about reading into it more than what the coaches just say. You are the one that wants to take them literally. Clearly that is only true when it 'supports' your argument.

              Any support for you argument from the guys in charge that still think Anderson gives us the best chance to win?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Lumbergh LumberghL
                • 1k Posts
                • 2 Reputation
                LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                #7

                \ said:

                Any support for you argument from the guys in charge that still think Anderson gives us the best chance to win?

                I know who RAC thinks gives them the best chance to win.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Masters ?
                  • Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Oh, how we forget the Romeo gave Quinn extra first team snaps a few weeks ago and said that he considered benching DA in the Cincy game.......

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Lumbergh LumberghL
                    • 1k Posts
                    • 2 Reputation
                    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    \ said:

                    \ said:

                    I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

                    BWAAAAAHAHAHA

                    YEAH RAC SURE MADE THIS DECISION!!!! GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE IT GREYFAG!!!!

                    KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Greythan G
                      • 563 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      G Greythan wrote on last edited by
                      #10
                      KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

                      Step away from the keyboard.

                      You've lost it Lum. Really, you are too tightly wrapped on this DA thing. Its not healthy.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • listercat listercatL
                        • 588 Posts
                        • 6 Reputation
                        listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        \ said:

                        \ said:

                        \ said:

                        I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

                        BWAAAAAHAHAHA

                        YEAH RAC SURE MADE THIS DECISION!!!! GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE IT GREYFAG!!!!

                        KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

                        Uhhh....WOW!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 3k Posts
                          • 127 Reputation
                          Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          \ said:

                          \ said:

                          \ said:

                          I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

                          BWAAAAAHAHAHA

                          YEAH RAC SURE MADE THIS DECISION!!!! GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE IT GREYFAG!!!!

                          KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

                          Seriously, Grey is right. I'm doing this for your own good, you have utterly and completely lost your friggin mind you Oregon weirdo. You are nothing but a troll at this point, which many of us felt you were all along.

                          I'll delete your shit if you continue to act like a moronic troll on our Browns Board asshole.

                          Is a pig's ass pork?
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Furnier FurnierF
                            • 544 Posts
                            • 33 Reputation
                            FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            This thread is melting.

                            Fahrenheit is rising.

                            DWJ

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Gips GipsG
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 34 Reputation
                              GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              \ said:

                              \ said:

                              \ said:

                              I hope the guy doesn't fall on his face, but if he falls on his face you have to do something because I can't play quarterback."

                              BWAAAAAHAHAHA

                              YEAH RAC SURE MADE THIS DECISION!!!! GO AHEAD AND BELEIVE IT GREYFAG!!!!

                              KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

                              Fact is if bq had a real coach instead of a fatass that cant evaluate qb talent and a crappy qb coach like scherer that has to have dorsey tudor bq because hes to busy doing nothing we would know where bq stands but in any case bq will be more consistant than DA game in and game out DA has been playing like he is the rookie and should have been benched long ago if we brought in a real coach today i can garauntee you bq would start..

                              Why wait til tommorow our future is here today!

                              And no im not a bq fag im just a fan/victim of a hardcore football mentality that died when cleveland turned into baltimore and the expansion browns become al lerners nanzy panzys the laughing stock of the nfl weak minded owner,weak minded fags for gms and weak minding undecisive coaches this is not the cleveland browns i grew up rooting for i can only hope that eventually lerner lerns to hire the right people with the right attitude and command to turn this team around and make it what browns fans were use to we all hated modell at times but his desire for the team and game was never in question until the announcement the browns were moving and look what he did in baltimore with the extra cash modell was an awesome owner the lerners are not they have no business being in the football business it isnt wallstreet and now the closest thing we have to that oldskool mentality and toughness is pittsburgh at least while the rooneys own them...

                              We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • WPB Dawg Fan W
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 0 Reputation
                                W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I never bought the whole "It's my decision" think on Frye getting traded....or on DA starting...or on DA continuing to start....so why would I believe that Crennel made THIS decision?

                                It is all coach/GM speak!!!

                                The entire FO has been involved in each one of these decisions. RAC is not strong enough alone to force PS to shut up about wanting to make any changes.....and PS can't fire RAC....and Lerner isn't really a hands on type of owner...and Chud is only a 2nd yr OC...so there is no way I can believe any one of these guys is pulling all the strings here.

                                I truly believe that RAC was hoping DA would pan out.

                                I truly believe that PS was allowing it to go on in hopes that DA would either turn into a pro-bowl QB or get him the 1st round pick he passed up on last off-season.

                                I truly believe that Lerner was willing to let RAC and PS to run the course on this.

                                I truly believe that Chud wanted a mobile QB, but didn't have the nads/power to tell PS/RAC

                                In the end...I think Lerner probably came to PS and said something like "What exactly are we hoping to see here?" And without a definitive answer PS had to go to RAC and pull Chud in and Chud said he could win with BQ...and RAC couldn't argue...so RAC 'technically' decided that BQ would be in starting this week.

                                But it doesn't matter. The fact is we were NOT getting it done with DA at the helm...and now that BQ is in, maybe we can find out if BE just has the dropsies...or if K2 is just a malcontent...or if our OL is aging already...or if JL just can't get it done anymore...or if it was all due to erratic QB play.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Lumbergh LumberghL
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 2 Reputation
                                  LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  \ said:

                                  In the end...I think Lerner probably came to PS and said something like "What exactly are we hoping to see here?" And without a definitive answer PS had to go to RAC and pull Chud in and Chud said he could win with BQ...and RAC couldn't argue...so RAC 'technically' decided that BQ would be in starting this week.

                                  yeah that's a long one. How about this one:

                                  Lerner said: "RAC, start ManCrush at QB or you are fired!"

                                  RAC said:"okay boss"

                                  So you see, technically RAC made "A" decision there.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Masters ?
                                    • Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    \ said:

                                    \ said:

                                    In the end...I think Lerner probably came to PS and said something like "What exactly are we hoping to see here?" And without a definitive answer PS had to go to RAC and pull Chud in and Chud said he could win with BQ...and RAC couldn't argue...so RAC 'technically' decided that BQ would be in starting this week.

                                    yeah that's a long one. How about this one:

                                    Lerner said: "RAC, start ManCrush at QB or you are fired!"

                                    RAC said:"okay boss"

                                    So you see, technically RAC made "A" decision there.

                                    Oh, how we forget the Romeo gave Quinn extra first team snaps a few weeks ago and said that he considered benching DA in the Cincy game.......

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • listercat listercatL
                                      • 588 Posts
                                      • 6 Reputation
                                      listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      \ said:

                                      \ said:

                                      In the end...I think Lerner probably came to PS and said something like "What exactly are we hoping to see here?" And without a definitive answer PS had to go to RAC and pull Chud in and Chud said he could win with BQ...and RAC couldn't argue...so RAC 'technically' decided that BQ would be in starting this week.

                                      yeah that's a long one. How about this one:

                                      Lerner said: "RAC, start ManCrush at QB or you are fired!"

                                      RAC said:"okay boss"

                                      So you see, technically RAC made "A" decision there.

                                      Lums; have you ever been to Cleveland? How about my burb of Rocky River? OK; how is this...have you ever been to OHIO?????

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Koa K
                                        • 147 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        K Koa wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        \ said:

                                        KEEP DELETING IT RIFFER YOU LITTLE BITCH!!! BWAAAAHAHAHA BQ GETS THE VOTE OF "I HOPE HE DOESN'T PLAY LIKE SHIT" FROM HIS COACH. HE'S OFF TO A GOOD START!!

                                        Step away from the keyboard.

                                        You've lost it Lum. Really, you are too tightly wrapped on this DA thing. Its not healthy.

                                        The only thing Lum is wrapped on is DA's manhood. He irritates me more than a Steelers or Ratbird fan. At least they have an identity and allegiance to a team.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Greythan G
                                          • 563 Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          G Greythan wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Since we're speculating, I think it was PS, RAC's staff, or a combination of the two.

                                          It sure looks like RAC is a loyal guy (e.g., Carthon). He may also suffer from "assistant syndrome" meaning he has difficulty making tough decisions.

                                          I doubt the owner did anything more here than possibly ask a question or two that were already being kicked around.

                                          In the end, Savage and/or other coaches consulted with RAC and got him to buy in. I don't even think it was "against his wishes".

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate