Skip to content

Mularkey ?

The Browns Board
48 17 1.6k 1
  • @nero said:

    Hue is known for forgetting to run the ball even when he had a rookie QB making many bad throws and turning the ball over. 

    Exactly. 

    To be fair, I think Hue abandons the run because we are behind so often. Don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I recall Crow’s best games were the ones we were competitive in, and therefore could run the ball more.

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Exactly. 

    To be fair, I think Hue abandons the run because we are behind so often. Don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I recall Crow’s best games were the ones we were competitive in, and therefore could run the ball more.

    Double check those numbers because last I saw the rushing attempts when within 1 score weren't exactly flattering.  

  • It will happen.. So browns...

  • no to Bull-Larkey..but am going to throw a name out here that is only 66 & been out of nfl just over 6 years..Why? because if Zampese is now QB coach & Al Saunders has been moved upstairs Why not make a phone call to Mike Martz as OC? if healthy, Zampese & Saunders both worked as assistants to Martz with the "greatest show on turf". Martz can't hurt "the greatest clowns on turf"..could he?

  • no to Bull-Larkey..but am going to throw a name out here that is only 66 & been out of nfl just over 6 years..Why? because if Zampese is now QB coach & Al Saunders has been moved upstairs Why not make a phone call to Mike Martz as OC? if healthy, Zampese & Saunders both worked as assistants to Martz with the "greatest show on turf". Martz can't hurt "the greatest clowns on turf"..could he?

    @gumby73 said:

    no to Bull-Larkey..but am going to throw a name out here that is only 66 & been out of nfl just over 6 years..Why? because if Zampese is now QB coach & Al Saunders has been moved upstairs Why not make a phone call to Mike Martz as OC? if healthy, Zampese & Saunders both worked as assistants to Martz with the "greatest show on turf". Martz can't hurt "the greatest clowns on turf"..could he?

    You and I couldn't hurt the greatest clowns on turf and would be more likely to add better clowns.😛😛

  • now if we could just find a QB stocking selves at Home Depot? 😁 the ball & chain says am going..I'll take a look..I'll be the one in the "I hate The Steelers" T-shirt..scouting uniform  

  • I'm betting Mike will give a very polite  F U C K   N O  to the Browns. 

  • I'm betting Mike will give a very polite  F U C K   N O  to the Browns. 

    @d-bone said:

    I'm betting Mike will give a very polite  F U C K   N O  to the Browns. 

    and even if he did say yes wouldn't he want to bring in his own guy's ? so what i am saying is why is Jackson hiring the new wr and qb coach's ? and hiring a o.c last,seems kinda butt backwards 

  • sydS syd

    @d-bone said:

    I'm betting Mike will give a very polite  F U C K   N O  to the Browns. 

    and even if he did say yes wouldn't he want to bring in his own guy's ? so what i am saying is why is Jackson hiring the new wr and qb coach's ? and hiring a o.c last,seems kinda butt backwards 

    @syd said:

    and even if he did say yes wouldn't he want to bring in his own guy's ? so what i am saying is why is Jackson hiring the new wr and qb coach's ? and hiring a o.c last,seems kinda butt backwards 

    And when have the Browns ever done anything the right way......

  • I'm sure are coaching staff will be a mess again next year

  • I am half expecting Haslam to sell the team once all his hires are in place 🙂

  • I am half expecting Haslam to sell the team once all his hires are in place 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    I am half expecting Haslam to sell the team once all his hires are in place 🙂

    well just as long as he doesn't do that stupid swap ownership with the titans cause i believe that adams wench is a worse owner that haslem

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    Exactly. 

    To be fair, I think Hue abandons the run because we are behind so often. Don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I recall Crow’s best games were the ones we were competitive in, and therefore could run the ball more.

    Double check those numbers because last I saw the rushing attempts when within 1 score weren't exactly flattering.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Double check those numbers because last I saw the rushing attempts when within 1 score weren't exactly flattering.  

    Crow had the most carries vs. Pit (first game), NYJ, Titans, and GB. All close games.

    Now does more carries make it enough? Not necessarily. But it shows Hue will run the ball more when we’re not playing catch up.

  • Looks like Hue and Mularkey do run the same “exotic smashmouth” offense

    From jgs79 on Browns Reddit

    From what I've observed and what I remember when he was hired, it was a lot of pre-snap motion to expose defenses, an above average amount of play-action to freeze safeties, a mobile quarterback to buy time, and vertical concepts to stretch the field. Run game is a flex-blocking scheme with a base in power and trap blocking.

    So the general overall feel was "confuse the Sheet out of them, hit them in the mouth, and cause the safeties to play flat footed". 

    This could be completely debased by their splits, I don't know. That's just the general picture I had in my mind based on his history and the few articles I read.

    If Mularkey comes, I wouldn’t be surprised if we take Lamar Jackson.

  • Looks like Hue and Mularkey do run the same “exotic smashmouth” offense

    From jgs79 on Browns Reddit

    From what I've observed and what I remember when he was hired, it was a lot of pre-snap motion to expose defenses, an above average amount of play-action to freeze safeties, a mobile quarterback to buy time, and vertical concepts to stretch the field. Run game is a flex-blocking scheme with a base in power and trap blocking.

    So the general overall feel was "confuse the Sheet out of them, hit them in the mouth, and cause the safeties to play flat footed". 

    This could be completely debased by their splits, I don't know. That's just the general picture I had in my mind based on his history and the few articles I read.

    If Mularkey comes, I wouldn’t be surprised if we take Lamar Jackson.

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Looks like Hue and Mularkey do run the same “exotic smashmouth” offense

    From jgs79 on Browns Reddit

    From what I've observed and what I remember when he was hired, it was a lot of pre-snap motion to expose defenses, an above average amount of play-action to freeze safeties, a mobile quarterback to buy time, and vertical concepts to stretch the field. Run game is a flex-blocking scheme with a base in power and trap blocking.

    So the general overall feel was "confuse the Sheet out of them, hit them in the mouth, and cause the safeties to play flat footed". 

    This could be completely debased by their splits, I don't know. That's just the general picture I had in my mind based on his history and the few articles I read.

    If Mularkey comes, I wouldn’t be surprised if we take Lamar Jackson.

    Really? I thought it was the chicken with his head cut off give the ball away offense.😛

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    Looks like Hue and Mularkey do run the same “exotic smashmouth” offense

    From jgs79 on Browns Reddit

    From what I've observed and what I remember when he was hired, it was a lot of pre-snap motion to expose defenses, an above average amount of play-action to freeze safeties, a mobile quarterback to buy time, and vertical concepts to stretch the field. Run game is a flex-blocking scheme with a base in power and trap blocking.

    So the general overall feel was "confuse the Sheet out of them, hit them in the mouth, and cause the safeties to play flat footed". 

    This could be completely debased by their splits, I don't know. That's just the general picture I had in my mind based on his history and the few articles I read.

    If Mularkey comes, I wouldn’t be surprised if we take Lamar Jackson.

    Really? I thought it was the chicken with his head cut off give the ball away offense.😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    Really? I thought it was the chicken with his head cut off give the ball away offense.😛

    Lol. Hey man I might be in the minority here, but I’m happy we kept Hue for a third year. I can’t remember the last time a HC or offensive system has been here longer than 2 years. We’re finally trying something different - continuity.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Double check those numbers because last I saw the rushing attempts when within 1 score weren't exactly flattering.  

    Crow had the most carries vs. Pit (first game), NYJ, Titans, and GB. All close games.

    Now does more carries make it enough? Not necessarily. But it shows Hue will run the ball more when we’re not playing catch up.

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Crow had the most carries vs. Pit (first game), NYJ, Titans, and GB. All close games.

    Now does more carries make it enough? Not necessarily. But it shows Hue will run the ball more when we’re not playing catch up.

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    Crow had the most carries vs. Pit (first game), NYJ, Titans, and GB. All close games.

    Now does more carries make it enough? Not necessarily. But it shows Hue will run the ball more when we’re not playing catch up.

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

    Fair points. I still don’t think it’s fair to question Hue’s playcalling when we had a guy picking players who didn’t know the difference between the A and B gap. Let alone a competent QB.

    As for the Lamar comment, just speculation haha. But both Hue and Mularkey really love mobile QBs

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

    Fair points. I still don’t think it’s fair to question Hue’s playcalling when we had a guy picking players who didn’t know the difference between the A and B gap. Let alone a competent QB.

    As for the Lamar comment, just speculation haha. But both Hue and Mularkey really love mobile QBs

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Fair points. I still don’t think it’s fair to question Hue’s playcalling when we had a guy picking players who didn’t know the difference between the A and B gap. Let alone a competent QB.

    As for the Lamar comment, just speculation haha. But both Hue and Mularkey really love mobile QBs

    It's fair to question a lot of things that haven't happened with this franchise for the better part of 10 years.  

    And for our sake i hope to Christ it's nothing more than speculation.  Tired of sitting through below average QB play.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....explain why not?

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    @nero said:

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    He’s largely had offenses in the top half of the league every year he’s been a coordinator.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....explain why not?

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    @nero said:

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    But, can we though? While we agree that there are better coaches out there, the Browns have had such a high turnover with HCs and coordinators under Jimmah's tenure that they may be hesitant to sign with them.