Skip to content

Mularkey ?

The Browns Board
48 17 1.6k 1
  • @lionofbuddha said:

    Looks like Hue and Mularkey do run the same “exotic smashmouth” offense

    From jgs79 on Browns Reddit

    From what I've observed and what I remember when he was hired, it was a lot of pre-snap motion to expose defenses, an above average amount of play-action to freeze safeties, a mobile quarterback to buy time, and vertical concepts to stretch the field. Run game is a flex-blocking scheme with a base in power and trap blocking.

    So the general overall feel was "confuse the Sheet out of them, hit them in the mouth, and cause the safeties to play flat footed". 

    This could be completely debased by their splits, I don't know. That's just the general picture I had in my mind based on his history and the few articles I read.

    If Mularkey comes, I wouldn’t be surprised if we take Lamar Jackson.

    Really? I thought it was the chicken with his head cut off give the ball away offense.😛

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    Really? I thought it was the chicken with his head cut off give the ball away offense.😛

    Lol. Hey man I might be in the minority here, but I’m happy we kept Hue for a third year. I can’t remember the last time a HC or offensive system has been here longer than 2 years. We’re finally trying something different - continuity.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Double check those numbers because last I saw the rushing attempts when within 1 score weren't exactly flattering.  

    Crow had the most carries vs. Pit (first game), NYJ, Titans, and GB. All close games.

    Now does more carries make it enough? Not necessarily. But it shows Hue will run the ball more when we’re not playing catch up.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Crow had the most carries vs. Pit (first game), NYJ, Titans, and GB. All close games.

    Now does more carries make it enough? Not necessarily. But it shows Hue will run the ball more when we’re not playing catch up.

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    Crow had the most carries vs. Pit (first game), NYJ, Titans, and GB. All close games.

    Now does more carries make it enough? Not necessarily. But it shows Hue will run the ball more when we’re not playing catch up.

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

    Fair points. I still don’t think it’s fair to question Hue’s playcalling when we had a guy picking players who didn’t know the difference between the A and B gap. Let alone a competent QB.

    As for the Lamar comment, just speculation haha. But both Hue and Mularkey really love mobile QBs

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily.   Most carries isn't much considering since his time in OAK Hue's RB1's have only averaged about 14cpg.  I'd be curious as to the breakdown of carries quarter by quarter in relation to score.   I saw two games with my own eye within winning distance where the run became an after-thought.

    We have some here wanting to draft Barkley as a "feature back"... those guys need more than 14 touches so I don't see that as a quality pairing. 

    Also if the hiring of Mularkey facilitates the drafting of Lamar, then old coach can keep his happy butt at home and watch from his TV.

    Fair points. I still don’t think it’s fair to question Hue’s playcalling when we had a guy picking players who didn’t know the difference between the A and B gap. Let alone a competent QB.

    As for the Lamar comment, just speculation haha. But both Hue and Mularkey really love mobile QBs

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @lionofbuddha said:

    Fair points. I still don’t think it’s fair to question Hue’s playcalling when we had a guy picking players who didn’t know the difference between the A and B gap. Let alone a competent QB.

    As for the Lamar comment, just speculation haha. But both Hue and Mularkey really love mobile QBs

    It's fair to question a lot of things that haven't happened with this franchise for the better part of 10 years.  

    And for our sake i hope to Christ it's nothing more than speculation.  Tired of sitting through below average QB play.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....explain why not?

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @nero said:

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    He’s largely had offenses in the top half of the league every year he’s been a coordinator.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again....explain why not?

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @nero said:

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    But, can we though? While we agree that there are better coaches out there, the Browns have had such a high turnover with HCs and coordinators under Jimmah's tenure that they may be hesitant to sign with them.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Really? I thought it was the chicken with his head cut off give the ball away offense.😛

    Lol. Hey man I might be in the minority here, but I’m happy we kept Hue for a third year. I can’t remember the last time a HC or offensive system has been here longer than 2 years. We’re finally trying something different - continuity.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @lionofbuddha said:

     We’re finally trying something different - continuity.

    The redzone became the bumblebee zone. In that there has been continuity.

    Saturday Night Live Belushi Bee Refrigerator Magnet

  • Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 11m11 minutes ago
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    One potential landing spot for former #Titans coach Mike Mularkey: The offensive coordinator to #Browns coach Hue Jackson. There was interest if Mularkey ever became available.
    More

    One potential landing spot for former #TitansNFL_2017_TENTitans_v2.png coach Mike Mularkey: The offensive coordinator to #Browns coach Hue Jackson. There was interest if Mularkey ever became available.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @darren15 said:

    One potential landing spot for former #TitansNFL_2017_TENTitans_v2.png coach Mike Mularkey: The offensive coordinator to #Browns coach Hue Jackson. There was interest if Mularkey ever became available.

    Looks like he's available...  🙂   Now the Titans fire a coach that's 20-21, and we keep a coach that's 1-31. does not compute.  

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #35

    The OC is only going to do what Hue tells him to do. An OC will make no difference.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #36

    They fired that guy? Wow the NFL is dumb.

  • @darren15 said:

    One potential landing spot for former #TitansNFL_2017_TENTitans_v2.png coach Mike Mularkey: The offensive coordinator to #Browns coach Hue Jackson. There was interest if Mularkey ever became available.

    Looks like he's available...  🙂   Now the Titans fire a coach that's 20-21, and we keep a coach that's 1-31. does not compute.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @hoorta said:

    Looks like he's available...  🙂   Now the Titans fire a coach that's 20-21, and we keep a coach that's 1-31. does not compute.  

    He could be brought in here as a possible replacement for Hue when Hue inevitably gets his pink slip!

  • The OC is only going to do what Hue tells him to do. An OC will make no difference.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @ghoolie said:

    The OC is only going to do what Hue tells him to do. An OC will make no difference.

    Perhaps...for the moment...but see my previous post.  If you have an OC on board who has been a previous HC...and you fire the HC...then that OC could step up.  (and because...in the case of Williams on defense...you want to keep him right there).

  • They fired that guy? Wow the NFL is dumb.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @wargograw said:

    They fired that guy? Wow the NFL is dumb.

    Yeah he gets them into the playoffs and we keep the one who has won one f'n game in two years. If Hueball got us to the playoffs, the whole team would carry him to the shore and jump in for him along with all the Browns fans who joined the playoff parade.

  • They fired that guy? Wow the NFL is dumb.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @wargograw said:

    They fired that guy? Wow the NFL is dumb.

    Well....the Tits majority owner is the daughter of Bud Adams....and the minority owners are, I think, her sister and brother.  (One of which wants the family to sell the team).  So their ownership is not likely any better than ours.   I know there are rumors that Jimmy would like to "trade" franchises...where he becomes the owner of the Tits....and someone else becomes the owner of the Browns.

    I think such a thing would have to be a 3 way deal:   Jimmy gets the Tits.   A new owner comes in and buys out the Adams family interest and gets the Browns. I don't think the Adams family wants the Browns.  (Nor honestly do I think that the fans of the Browns want the Adams family).

    But who could be that third party.   In another thread I went over this...and it would unlikely be an Ohioan...because the richest people in the state are the Lerners, the DeBartolo/Yorks who own the 49ers.....an 87 year old guy from Columbus...and a Cincinnatian.  

    And Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have no interests in sports teams.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Morticia Addams would be a appropriate owner for this team. 😉

    Morticia Plus Costume

  • Morticia Addams would be a appropriate owner for this team. 😉

    Morticia Plus Costume

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @texasag1969 said:

    Morticia Addams would be a appropriate owner for this team. 😉

    Morticia Plus Costume

    Morticia was always hot.  The original Goth Chick.  Though they never displayed her cleavage like in your photo. Yours is more Elvira.

    Morticia-Addams-addams-family-5683828-38

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    AUTOPHOTO7_grande.jpg?v=1457980851

  • @nero said:

    The answer is implicit in my comment: because I think we could land a better OC. Or at least he doesn't look like an OC that I would hire. 

    He’s largely had offenses in the top half of the league every year he’s been a coordinator.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    He’s largely had offenses in the top half of the league every year he’s been a coordinator.

    same can be said about haley (bet he get's the axe)

    it doesn't matter who its gonna be cause he is going to be stuck with the coach's Jackson is hiring and not his own guy's 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why not?  Better than having Hue continue to call plays.

    I'd prefer a blind monkey calling the plays than Hue, and still wouldn't make it an attractive option.

    O Observer2011 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @nero said:

    I'd prefer a blind monkey calling the plays than Hue, and still wouldn't make it an attractive option.

    Can't hurt but not a big Mularky fan.  Humorous that Pat Shumer good enough to put together a great offense at Minnesota but a failure in Cleveland.  A difference: He has some players there!  

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #46

    I like mularky as an o.c. he only had one bad season as a play caller. Plus if hue decides his ego is more important than the teams success than we can fire him and hand the offense to mularky and Williams becomes head coach.