Skip to content

The Kobayashi Maru

The Browns Board
57 15 2.2k
  • @the-gipper said:

    You fighting Ghoolie?   Isn't that kind of like your Kobayashi Maru situation? 😁

    LMAO. Good one.

    @ghoolie said:

    LMAO. Good one.

    Don't laugh.....I am teaching Z a lesson here.....a lesson from Star Trek....which he refuses to acknowledge.  Z fights you....he cheats....he wins!!

    But....if he is too stubborn to learn...What am I going to do with the boy.

  • @ghoolie said:

    LMAO. Good one.

    Don't laugh.....I am teaching Z a lesson here.....a lesson from Star Trek....which he refuses to acknowledge.  Z fights you....he cheats....he wins!!

    But....if he is too stubborn to learn...What am I going to do with the boy.

    @the-gipper said:

    Don't laugh.....I am teaching Z a lesson here.....a lesson from Star Trek....which he refuses to acknowledge.  Z fights you....he cheats....he wins!!

    But....if he is too stubborn to learn...What am I going to do with the boy.

    There is no cheating. He is not Captain Kirk, he is Captain Dork. Man, this stuff is hilarious. You made my day Bro.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You wish.  You are pining away to suck my puck.

    @the-gipper said:

    You wish.  You are pining away to suck my puck.

    You reacted too soon. I didn't post the end of my thought. I wasn't dissing you. Go back an re read. Good zinger. Zombo's Kobayashi Maru  is Ghoolie. LMAO.

    @ghoolie said:

    You reacted too soon. I didn't post the end of my thought. I wasn't dissing you. Go back an re read. Good zinger. Zombo's Kobayashi Maru  is Ghoolie. LMAO.

    You said I was gay.  What else did I need to see.  See, now, you have possibly backed yourself into a Kobayashi Maru situation. I think you have to engage in some competitive eating to work your way out of it!! 🥷

  • @the-gipper said:

    Don't laugh.....I am teaching Z a lesson here.....a lesson from Star Trek....which he refuses to acknowledge.  Z fights you....he cheats....he wins!!

    But....if he is too stubborn to learn...What am I going to do with the boy.

    There is no cheating. He is not Captain Kirk, he is Captain Dork. Man, this stuff is hilarious. You made my day Bro.

    @ghoolie said:

    There is no cheating. He is not Captain Kirk, he is Captain Dork. Man, this stuff is hilarious. You made my day Bro.

    OK, instead of a fist fight.....it is you and Z.....in a hot dog eating contest.  That would be more entertaining for all of us than a fight would be.

    And with that, we could have a few others join in!

  • @ghoolie said:

    There is no cheating. He is not Captain Kirk, he is Captain Dork. Man, this stuff is hilarious. You made my day Bro.

    OK, instead of a fist fight.....it is you and Z.....in a hot dog eating contest.  That would be more entertaining for all of us than a fight would be.

    And with that, we could have a few others join in!

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, instead of a fist fight.....it is you and Z.....in a hot dog eating contest.  That would be more entertaining for all of us than a fight would be.

    And with that, we could have a few others join in!

    I would lose. I would not even make the effort. Zomblow brought the fight crap up. He added idiotic conditions to protect himself from it ever becoming a reality, and now you have correctly called me his master. Ghooliashi ForYu.

    I have just challenged LeBron James to a 1-on-1 basketball game. The game will take place in Provo Utah and the home of a Browns fan who has a full court on his property. Lebran has 7 days to accept it, or admit that he chickened out.

  • Used this analogy in another thread.  Liked it so well that I thought it deserved its own.   

    The Browns have become the Kobayashi Maru team.  (the no win training exercise from Star Trek).    

    What we need is a guy.....an HC, coach, QB...who can do what James T. Kirk did:  whatever it takes to overcome....even if it means cheating. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Used this analogy in another thread.  Liked it so well that I thought it deserved its own.   

    The Browns have become the Kobayashi Maru team.  (the no win training exercise from Star Trek).    

    What we need is a guy.....an HC, coach, QB...who can do what James T. Kirk did:  whatever it takes to overcome....even if it means cheating. 

    Strange analogy but somewhat true. Any 1-31 or 0-16 team has many problems from the top down and not a simple fix. This team is still building for 2019 and beyond maybe star date 2512. 😆

    And the quarterback is just one piece of the big puzzle.

  • Ha, just to give Zombo a hard time..  here's how you fail the Kobayashi Maru;;; 

    And here's the scene of the Cadet Kirk beating it....  

  • Oh god now we've turned into a bunch of Trekkies........

    .......not that there's anything wrong with that. 

  • Oh god now we've turned into a bunch of Trekkies........

    .......not that there's anything wrong with that. 

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh god now we've turned into a bunch of Trekkies........

    .......not that there's anything wrong with that. 

    🙂 Always was one- used to sit around the TV back in the '60s every Thursday night. (That was really high tech stuff in the day- and I have to admit a lot of it looks pretty hokey now with the advances in CGI)  I'm not as hardcore as my Niece though- she actually goes to Star Trek Conventions, has autographs from a bunch of cast members, and has a cat named Worf....  

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, instead of a fist fight.....it is you and Z.....in a hot dog eating contest.  That would be more entertaining for all of us than a fight would be.

    And with that, we could have a few others join in!

    I would lose. I would not even make the effort. Zomblow brought the fight crap up. He added idiotic conditions to protect himself from it ever becoming a reality, and now you have correctly called me his master. Ghooliashi ForYu.

    I have just challenged LeBron James to a 1-on-1 basketball game. The game will take place in Provo Utah and the home of a Browns fan who has a full court on his property. Lebran has 7 days to accept it, or admit that he chickened out.

    @ghoolie said:

    I would lose. I would not even make the effort. Zomblow brought the fight crap up. He added idiotic conditions to protect himself from it ever becoming a reality, and now you have correctly called me his master. Ghooliashi ForYu.

    I have just challenged LeBron James to a 1-on-1 basketball game. The game will take place in Provo Utah and the home of a Browns fan who has a full court on his property. Lebran has 7 days to accept it, or admit that he chickened out.

    Why would you not make the effort?   We could do it in Vegas on one of your trips there.  Z can make a trip to Vegas easily enough.  And Stan can go and referree.  Or, maybe Stan would rather participate in the eating contest. 

    Just don't challenge him to a Margarita drinking contest.

  • If you truly believe that, why are you here?  Same thing has been said about many other teams in the past, such as the Astros.

    @unsympathetic said:

    If you truly believe that, why are you here?  Same thing has been said about many other teams in the past, such as the Astros.

    This is not complex like the Star Trek scenario.  Just know how to draft impact players and have a competent coaching staff.  That's it!  I do think the Browns have turned the corner with Dorsey in charge. One key will be Wolff ... can he weave some FA magic to go with a solid draft?  Then you got something to build on.

  • Used this analogy in another thread.  Liked it so well that I thought it deserved its own.   

    The Browns have become the Kobayashi Maru team.  (the no win training exercise from Star Trek).    

    What we need is a guy.....an HC, coach, QB...who can do what James T. Kirk did:  whatever it takes to overcome....even if it means cheating. 

    @the-gipper said:

    What we need is a guy.....an HC, coach, QB...who can do what James T. Kirk did:  whatever it takes to overcome....even if it means cheating. 

    We already had that guy and he's still coaching this weekend up in New England. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    What we need is a guy.....an HC, coach, QB...who can do what James T. Kirk did:  whatever it takes to overcome....even if it means cheating. 

    We already had that guy and he's still coaching this weekend up in New England. 

    @d-bone said:

    We already had that guy and he's still coaching this weekend up in New England. 

    But, then we went into hiatus.   BB could have gon along with Modell to the Ravens...but Artie didn't want him there.  

    So, apparently BB failed the Kobayashi Maru as a cadet...but learned to cheat when he got further along in his second command. 

  • By complete coincidence I am  reading this thread while a Star Trek episode on space channel plays in the background.  Was just some hotel back noise lol. I do love Star Trek though 

  • @ghoolie said:

    I would lose. I would not even make the effort. Zomblow brought the fight crap up. He added idiotic conditions to protect himself from it ever becoming a reality, and now you have correctly called me his master. Ghooliashi ForYu.

    I have just challenged LeBron James to a 1-on-1 basketball game. The game will take place in Provo Utah and the home of a Browns fan who has a full court on his property. Lebran has 7 days to accept it, or admit that he chickened out.

    Why would you not make the effort?   We could do it in Vegas on one of your trips there.  Z can make a trip to Vegas easily enough.  And Stan can go and referree.  Or, maybe Stan would rather participate in the eating contest. 

    Just don't challenge him to a Margarita drinking contest.

    @the-gipper said:

    Why would you not make the effort?   We could do it in Vegas on one of your trips there.  Z can make a trip to Vegas easily enough.  And Stan can go and referree.  Or, maybe Stan would rather participate in the eating contest. 

    Just don't challenge him to a Margarita drinking contest.

    If we did it in Vegas, I have a gym, I have a ref, and, Ernie is there for me as well. Zomblow would do better in Memphis. Vegas is truly, for more reasons than you know, my jungle.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why would you not make the effort?   We could do it in Vegas on one of your trips there.  Z can make a trip to Vegas easily enough.  And Stan can go and referree.  Or, maybe Stan would rather participate in the eating contest. 

    Just don't challenge him to a Margarita drinking contest.

    If we did it in Vegas, I have a gym, I have a ref, and, Ernie is there for me as well. Zomblow would do better in Memphis. Vegas is truly, for more reasons than you know, my jungle.

    @ghoolie said:

    If we did it in Vegas, I have a gym, I have a ref, and, Ernie is there for me as well. Zomblow would do better in Memphis. Vegas is truly, for more reasons than you know, my jungle.

    Most beautiful woman ever saw was standing in the alcove area at the entrance to the Venetian in a form fitting high class dress with appropriate understated little sparkles here and there. I told my wife that she was looking at $1000 a night standing right there looking innocent as anything. Staff don't chase a woman like that off. They don't have to say a thing and someone will come along and take her in with minimal communication needed. What a place and what a piece!!😁

  • @unsympathetic said:

    If you truly believe that, why are you here?  Same thing has been said about many other teams in the past, such as the Astros.

    You take it a bit too seriously.  This is primarily a play on the "No Win"  situation....because the Browns had "no wins".  

    Plus...is it fair to say that it seems that the Patriots are the Captain Kirks of the NFL?   They cheat to win. (except they don't get commendations for it).

    @the-gipper said:

    You take it a bit too seriously.  This is primarily a play on the "No Win"  situation....because the Browns had "no wins".  

    Plus...is it fair to say that it seems that the Patriots are the Captain Kirks of the NFL?   They cheat to win. (except they don't get commendations for it).

    I'm not sure NE cheat to win, they just have been winning for so long, that the Refs just give them calls that they wouldn't give other teams.  If the Browns get to the point where we win that many SBs, I wouldn't be surprised to see us get those calls as well. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    You take it a bit too seriously.  This is primarily a play on the "No Win"  situation....because the Browns had "no wins".  

    Plus...is it fair to say that it seems that the Patriots are the Captain Kirks of the NFL?   They cheat to win. (except they don't get commendations for it).

    I'm not sure NE cheat to win, they just have been winning for so long, that the Refs just give them calls that they wouldn't give other teams.  If the Browns get to the point where we win that many SBs, I wouldn't be surprised to see us get those calls as well. 

    @dawg2fan said:

    I'm not sure NE cheat to win, they just have been winning for so long, that the Refs just give them calls that they wouldn't give other teams.  If the Browns get to the point where we win that many SBs, I wouldn't be surprised to see us get those calls as well. 

    The Billy Ball Pats will cheat anytime they can......remember too we only hear about it when they actually get caught! Spying, deflated balls, who knows, Billy thinks it's just part of the game.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why would you not make the effort?   We could do it in Vegas on one of your trips there.  Z can make a trip to Vegas easily enough.  And Stan can go and referree.  Or, maybe Stan would rather participate in the eating contest. 

    Just don't challenge him to a Margarita drinking contest.

    If we did it in Vegas, I have a gym, I have a ref, and, Ernie is there for me as well. Zomblow would do better in Memphis. Vegas is truly, for more reasons than you know, my jungle.

    @ghoolie said:

    If we did it in Vegas, I have a gym, I have a ref, and, Ernie is there for me as well. Zomblow would do better in Memphis. Vegas is truly, for more reasons than you know, my jungle.

    I am talking about the food eating challenge, not the fight.