Skip to content

Star Trek vs Star Wars

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
7 6 616
  • Referring back to this thread:

    Star Trek > Star Wars

    giphy.webp

  • More like Men in Tights vs. Men Without Hats

  • I gave up on Star Was after the little care bears appeared (Ewoks).

  • I prefer star wars in it's original incarnation and of the recent new movies I think the Star trek ones starring Chris pine are much better than the new wave of star wars 

  • I think age has quite a bit to do with it sort of like the difference between people who love the Beatles or the Rolling Stones and Those Who Love Led Zeppelin. Personally I much prefer Star Trek. With the TV series we had a long time to get to know the characters. As Star Wars drags on we lost many of the people we really liked. Most of us loved Kirk Spock and McCoy and didn't really mind Captain Picard and data but the other off shoots didn't hold my particular attention. I really like the Incarnation with Chris Pine because it was just kind of a recreation of the characters we already knew and loved.

    WSS

  • I think age has quite a bit to do with it sort of like the difference between people who love the Beatles or the Rolling Stones and Those Who Love Led Zeppelin. Personally I much prefer Star Trek. With the TV series we had a long time to get to know the characters. As Star Wars drags on we lost many of the people we really liked. Most of us loved Kirk Spock and McCoy and didn't really mind Captain Picard and data but the other off shoots didn't hold my particular attention. I really like the Incarnation with Chris Pine because it was just kind of a recreation of the characters we already knew and loved.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I think age has quite a bit to do with it sort of like the difference between people who love the Beatles or the Rolling Stones and Those Who Love Led Zeppelin. Personally I much prefer Star Trek. With the TV series we had a long time to get to know the characters. As Star Wars drags on we lost many of the people we really liked. Most of us loved Kirk Spock and McCoy and didn't really mind Captain Picard and data but the other off shoots didn't hold my particular attention. I really like the Incarnation with Chris Pine because it was just kind of a recreation of the characters we already knew and loved.

    WSS

    I loved the new incarnations in Star Trek 😍

  • I can't stand JJ Abrams films, but Star Wars has been absolutely HORRIBLE since disney took over. Star Trek is now way superior, and Star Wars has new time directors who barely know how to tell a story making it.