Skip to content

2018 Mock Drafts

The Browns Board
343 39 16.8k
  • OK....for the 4th pick...the Walter database gives these results for the #4 pick:

    Allen....25 votes

    Mayfield...19 votes

    Fitzpatrick...16 votes

    Q. Nelson...15 votes

    Chubb...14 votes

    Rosen...12 votes

    D. James...10 votes

    Barkley...8 votes

    Darnold...7 votes

    McGlinchey...7 votes

    A. Key...7 votes

    L. Jackson...6 votes

    C. Williams...5 votes

    T. Adams...4 votes

    Rudolph...2 votes

    C. Wilkins ...2 votes

    H. Landry...2 votes

    R. Finley...C. Ridley...T. McFadden...J. Washington...C. Kirk...  1 vote each

    Note:  It is clear that these mocks may have paid no attention to which team is picking....for as we know the Browns have #1 and #4....yet a number of these mocks had a QB going at both #1 and #4.

  • Darnold is the pick is most of these drafts. Josh Allen is the other qb. One is missing completely.... guess who?

    https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/cleveland-browns-2018-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-wyomings-josh-allen-at-no-1-overall

    Bleacher Report (Matt Miller) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    Rotoworld (Josh Norris) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    RealGM (Jeff Risdon) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    CBS Sports (R.J. White) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    Pewter Report (Trevor Sikkema) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

    Pick No. 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    New York Upstate (Matthew Fairburn) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

    Draft Site – Link

    Pick No. 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    SEC Country – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    @calfoxwc said:

    Darnold is the pick is most of these drafts. Josh Allen is the other qb. One is missing completely.... guess who?

    https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/cleveland-browns-2018-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-wyomings-josh-allen-at-no-1-overall

    Bleacher Report (Matt Miller) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    Rotoworld (Josh Norris) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    RealGM (Jeff Risdon) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    CBS Sports (R.J. White) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    Pewter Report (Trevor Sikkema) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

    Pick No. 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    New York Upstate (Matthew Fairburn) – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

    Draft Site – Link

    Pick No. 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    SEC Country – Link

    Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

    Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

    Except that the Walter Football Mock Draft Database has  Rosen as over 7 times more likely to be the #1 pick as Allen...and it has Darnold as being twice as likely to be chosen as Rosen....and 14 times more likely than Allen.

  • mock away.. but this could change so many things starting about FA time? Did anybody else watch this on the net? May not boost FSU drafted LT Rodrick Johnson confidence either?   https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/18/16905294/highlights-from-the-greater-cleveland-sports-awards-joe-thomas-talks-about-his-future    

  • mock away.. but this could change so many things starting about FA time? Did anybody else watch this on the net? May not boost FSU drafted LT Rodrick Johnson confidence either?   https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/18/16905294/highlights-from-the-greater-cleveland-sports-awards-joe-thomas-talks-about-his-future    

    @gumby73 said:

    mock away.. but this could change so many things starting about FA time? Did anybody else watch this on the net? May not boost FSU drafted LT Rodrick Johnson confidence either?   https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/18/16905294/highlights-from-the-greater-cleveland-sports-awards-joe-thomas-talks-about-his-future    

    If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

  • @gumby73 said:

    mock away.. but this could change so many things starting about FA time? Did anybody else watch this on the net? May not boost FSU drafted LT Rodrick Johnson confidence either?   https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/18/16905294/highlights-from-the-greater-cleveland-sports-awards-joe-thomas-talks-about-his-future    

    If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

    @tour2ma said:

    If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

    Reading between the lines of that article....Joe is coming back...at least for another year.

  • @tour2ma said:

    If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

    Reading between the lines of that article....Joe is coming back...at least for another year.

    @the-gipper said:

    Reading between the lines of that article....Joe is coming back...at least for another year.

    I believe that as well... and that he extends a couple more seasons.

    But if he doesn't...

  • Any mock draft that starts with Mayfield at 1 needs to be shot in the gut and left for dead.

    @200lbmumford said:

    Any mock draft that starts with Mayfield at 1 needs to be shot in the gut and left for dead.

    I couldn't agree more.  He wouldn't be my choice in the first 2 rounds.  

  • @darren15 said:

    Kiper has us taking Josh Allen at 1 and Barkley at 4

    Well, he has the first one right....let's see... Barkley is terrific. Would I rather wait til the second round for a

    star rb, or a star cb/fs ? I can figure a draft that has Darnold-Fitz/James nails it. or, Fitz-James Allen.

    Who knows. It's going to be crazy.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, he has the first one right....let's see... Barkley is terrific. Would I rather wait til the second round for a

    star rb, or a star cb/fs ? I can figure a draft that has Darnold-Fitz/James nails it. or, Fitz-James Allen.

    Who knows. It's going to be crazy.

    I actually agree with both picks.  If you really think about it, Crowell is still averaging 2 - 3 yards per carry.  Imaging if we had Barclay there instead.  Draft Allen, but pick up a vet to start.  Let Allen sit and learn.  Give the ball to Barkley and let him pound it.  We should at least get one decent WR in the 2nd round of this draft.  Pair that with Gordon, Njuko, Devalve and perhaps Pryor (FA).  With all the picks we have, there's no excuse for this team not winning at least 6 games next season.  Mostly because they are rookies.  Like I said before, this team will be ready in 2019 to compete.

  • I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

    I'll take "the one."

  • I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

    I'll take "the one."

    @tour2ma said:

    I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

    I'll take "the one."

    The 5th year Senior.

  • @gumby73 said:

    mock away.. but this could change so many things starting about FA time? Did anybody else watch this on the net? May not boost FSU drafted LT Rodrick Johnson confidence either?   https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/18/16905294/highlights-from-the-greater-cleveland-sports-awards-joe-thomas-talks-about-his-future    

    If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

    @tour2ma said:

    If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

    last year on his contract I bet he honors it then decides 

  • I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

    I'll take "the one."

    @tour2ma said:

    I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

    I'll take "the one."

    ...and make him sit at learn.  🙂

  • @tour2ma said:

    I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

    I'll take "the one."

    ...and make him sit at learn.  🙂

    Learn what? What they should already know?  I don't want my QB to sit and learn, I want my QB to sit and perfect what he should at least have a basic grasp of.  

    Sadly I see posters advocating for QB's that don't fit what I'm saying. 

    @orion said:

    ...and make him sit at learn.  🙂

  • Learn what? What they should already know?  I don't want my QB to sit and learn, I want my QB to sit and perfect what he should at least have a basic grasp of.  

    Sadly I see posters advocating for QB's that don't fit what I'm saying. 

    @orion said:

    ...and make him sit at learn.  🙂

    @tiamat63 said:

    I want my QB to sit and perfect what he should at least have a basic grasp of.

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

    ...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I want my QB to sit and perfect what he should at least have a basic grasp of.

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

    ...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

    @orion said:

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

    ...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

    TRUE. The toughest thing to do in all professional sports is play QB on an NFL team, asking a rookie to jump in and start is almost impossible -UNLESS- he is on a well  coached loaded team or is one of those once in a decade or generation franchise guys.

    Sitting can be good like Rodgers after Favre to name one. Want to kill a QB, start him on a really bad team! 😮

  • @orion said:

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

    ...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

    TRUE. The toughest thing to do in all professional sports is play QB on an NFL team, asking a rookie to jump in and start is almost impossible -UNLESS- he is on a well  coached loaded team or is one of those once in a decade or generation franchise guys.

    Sitting can be good like Rodgers after Favre to name one. Want to kill a QB, start him on a really bad team! 😮

    @mjp28 said:

    TRUE. The toughest thing to do in all professional sports is play QB on an NFL team, asking a rookie to jump in and start is almost impossible -UNLESS- he is on a well  coached loaded team or is one of those once in a decade or generation franchise guys.

    Sitting can be good like Rodgers after Favre to name one. Want to kill a QB, start him on a really bad team! 😮

    Cleveland would never do that

  • @orion said:

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

    ...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

    TRUE. The toughest thing to do in all professional sports is play QB on an NFL team, asking a rookie to jump in and start is almost impossible -UNLESS- he is on a well  coached loaded team or is one of those once in a decade or generation franchise guys.

    Sitting can be good like Rodgers after Favre to name one. Want to kill a QB, start him on a really bad team! 😮

    @mjp28 said:

    TRUE. The toughest thing to do in all professional sports is play QB on an NFL team, asking a rookie to jump in and start is almost impossible -UNLESS- he is on a well  coached loaded team or is one of those once in a decade or generation franchise guys.

    Sitting can be good like Rodgers after Favre to name one. Want to kill a QB, start him on a really bad team! 😮

    Better yet put him with a coach who yanks him with a lead........................................................................never recover.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I want my QB to sit and perfect what he should at least have a basic grasp of.

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

    ...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

    @orion said:

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.

    Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.

    "Usually" means that some are prepared.

    You don't take a QB #1 overall who needs his mechanics "tweaked".

    I'm trying to think of an NFL starter whose mechanics were flawed coming out of college. Anyone?

  • @orion said:

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.

    Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.

    "Usually" means that some are prepared.

    You don't take a QB #1 overall who needs his mechanics "tweaked".

    I'm trying to think of an NFL starter whose mechanics were flawed coming out of college. Anyone?

    @tour2ma said:

    "Usually" means that some are prepared.

    You don't take a QB #1 overall who needs his mechanics "tweaked".

    I'm trying to think of an NFL starter whose mechanics were flawed coming out of college. Anyone?

    Farve?

  • @orion said:

    ...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.

    Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.

    "Usually" means that some are prepared.

    You don't take a QB #1 overall who needs his mechanics "tweaked".

    I'm trying to think of an NFL starter whose mechanics were flawed coming out of college. Anyone?

    @tour2ma said:

    "Usually" means that some are prepared.

    You don't take a QB #1 overall who needs his mechanics "tweaked".

    I'm trying to think of an NFL starter whose mechanics were flawed coming out of college. Anyone?

    Closest I can think of is Wilson.  Still had some of that baseball motion in his throw at times.