Skip to content

2018 Mock Drafts

The Browns Board
343 39 16.8k
  • @westside-steve said:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926808/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-30-browns-jets-broncos-bills-pick-qbs

    Only a few more days of this...

    Bucky Brooks has yet to issue his "Book" on Josh Allen... the only one of 2018's top 5 that is undone.

  • Prisco's 2018 NFL Draft Worse-Than Team: Saquon Barkley and 9 others I like less than the scouts

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4u1Wq

    Shared from my Google feed

  • Prisco's 2018 NFL Draft Worse-Than Team: Saquon Barkley and 9 others I like less than the scouts

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4u1Wq

    Shared from my Google feed

    @westside-steve said:

    Prisco's 2018 NFL Draft Worse-Than Team: Saquon Barkley and 9 others I like less than the scouts

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4u1Wq

    The only player he lists that I take exception with is DJ Chark.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Prisco's 2018 NFL Draft Worse-Than Team: Saquon Barkley and 9 others I like less than the scouts

    https://search.app.goo.gl/4u1Wq

    The only player he lists that I take exception with is DJ Chark.

    @tour2ma said:

    The only player he lists that I take exception with is DJ Chark.

    Well it's pretty rare occasion that all the big stars as far of prognostication turn out to be equally big in the real world.

    WSS

  • Just one QB spared in scout's scathing draft take: 'Cow on ice'

    https://search.app.goo.gl/rz5UG

    Shared from my Google feed

  • Love this quote which is exactly what I have complained about with all of Po's highlight films as "evaluations".

    “Everybody pumping these guys up,” Shonka said, “hasn’t studied film or is looking at too many highlight films on YouTube.”

  • NFL Mock Draft: What Could Happen if Josh Allen Goes No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/EyjjN

    You mean aside from pissing off most Browns fans?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    NFL Mock Draft: What Could Happen if Josh Allen Goes No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/EyjjN

    You mean aside from pissing off most Browns fans?

    WSS

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

  • @westside-steve said:

    NFL Mock Draft: What Could Happen if Josh Allen Goes No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/EyjjN

    You mean aside from pissing off most Browns fans?

    WSS

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Of course if he's the guy at the top of your list you have to take him at number one. I just hope he isn't. Or if he is I hope I'm wrong about him. 

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    NFL Mock Draft: What Could Happen if Josh Allen Goes No. 1

    https://search.app.goo.gl/EyjjN

    You mean aside from pissing off most Browns fans?

    WSS

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    @the-gipper said:

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    That's what I see as well.

  • @tour2ma said:

    The only player he lists that I take exception with is DJ Chark.

    Well it's pretty rare occasion that all the big stars as far of prognostication turn out to be equally big in the real world.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well it's pretty rare occasion that all the big stars as far of prognostication turn out to be equally big in the real world.

    "All"? You bet, but it's not as if Chark was billed as a blue-chipper all season long.

    @westside-steve said:

    Just one QB spared in scout's scathing draft take: 'Cow on ice'

    I am so jealous that I did not come up with "Cow on ice."

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Agree... and moreover there's our history of 1st-round busts. We just can't handle the pain. Even if it comes via the blindside, let alone most of us see it coming from a mile away.

    Were it not for the recent failed experiment that was Kizer, no one would have an issue with spending one of our three, 2nd-round picks on Allen... at least not a major issue. But a number overall? Simply can't do it.

    @westside-steve said:

    Of course if he's the guy at the top of your list you have to take him at number one.

    Not all "best in class" QBs deserve to be taken #1 overall. Some don't even rate being taken in Round 1.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    @the-gipper said:

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    Easy... because you now have a year of hands-on work that has convinced you that the original is not your "guy".

    Same cannot be said of "the clone".

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    Easy... because you now have a year of hands-on work that has convinced you that the original is not your "guy".

    Same cannot be said of "the clone".

    @tour2ma said:

    Easy... because you now have a year of hands-on work that has convinced you that the original is not your "guy".

    Same cannot be said of "the clone".

    I guess.....but that does not make him any less of a clone.  The way I see it, we would just be starting back to square one with Allen.  Better to have kept Kizer in the hopes that all the bitter lemon juice had been squeezed out of him that first year.   Now, we would be back to having an unsqueezed lemon again.....and we would have to go through the whole process pretty much again.   (the difference being that at least this time we would not have squeeze a raw lemon like we did with Kizer.  With  Taylor at the helm at least maybe Allen would have time to ripen)

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    Easy... because you now have a year of hands-on work that has convinced you that the original is not your "guy".

    Same cannot be said of "the clone".

    @tour2ma said:

    Easy... because you now have a year of hands-on work that has convinced you that the original is not your "guy".

    Same cannot be said of "the clone".

    Well the one inch difference might mean something. And I would assume Allan has a better arm than Kizer.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well it's pretty rare occasion that all the big stars as far of prognostication turn out to be equally big in the real world.

    "All"? You bet, but it's not as if Chark was billed as a blue-chipper all season long.

    @westside-steve said:

    Just one QB spared in scout's scathing draft take: 'Cow on ice'

    I am so jealous that I did not come up with "Cow on ice."

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Agree... and moreover there's our history of 1st-round busts. We just can't handle the pain. Even if it comes via the blindside, let alone most of us see it coming from a mile away.

    Were it not for the recent failed experiment that was Kizer, no one would have an issue with spending one of our three, 2nd-round picks on Allen... at least not a major issue. But a number overall? Simply can't do it.

    @westside-steve said:

    Of course if he's the guy at the top of your list you have to take him at number one.

    Not all "best in class" QBs deserve to be taken #1 overall. Some don't even rate being taken in Round 1.

    @tour2ma said:

    Not all "best in class" QBs deserve to be taken #1 overall. Some don't even rate being taken in Round 1.

    If it's your guy you should. If it's not take whatever the hell you want and see what's left over. ?

    WSS

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Of course if he's the guy at the top of your list you have to take him at number one. I just hope he isn't. Or if he is I hope I'm wrong about him. 

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Of course if he's the guy at the top of your list you have to take him at number one. I just hope he isn't. Or if he is I hope I'm wrong about him. 

    WSS

    Truer words have never been spoken, my friend.  No matter who we take, even if it's Allen, I just pray he somehow works out.  Lord how we all want this...

    However, like I've said in several other posts, we shouldn't discount the importance of Tyrod Taylor and what he could POSSIBLY bring to the table.  He's 28 years old, and if he does what i THINK he'll do this year, there's a chance we already HAVE our QB "of the future".  Suppose he puts up 20 TDs, 9 INT's, and runs for another 4 TD's.  We win a handful of games, probably 5 but maybe (in my wildest dreams) one or two more.  Now, for a team that went 1-31 in TWO YEARS, how do you not sign a QB that boosts your team that dramatically?  Of course, this is all speculation.  Tyrod could be horrible, he could get injured, maybe our coaching staff is just terrible and our players don't really matter.  But I don't think that's the case.  So how does our rookie even get on the field if Tyrod plays like he usually does?  

    If we're truly committed to playing our rookie QB in the near future, and we want him to be the "franchise" type guy (which we obviously DO if we're taking him #1), then I suppose he would start this year when we're mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.  With this team, I'm guessing around mid November.  That would give our rookie 5-6 games to get his feet wet and gain valuable experience.  It's likely that he'll be terrible, like most rookies are, but the hope would be that he shows enough to warrant being labeled the "starting QB" for 2019.  The PROBLEM is...what happens if our team ISN'T eliminated from wildcard contention in mid November?  What if we're in the thick of it until December?  Do you play the rookie THEN?  I doubt it.  

    I'm obviously getting WAY ahead of myself, but I don't feel like I'm completely out of line by thinking our team will be competitive.  Does that equate to victories?  Probably not, but let's wait and see.  Hue Jackson wasn't exactly "gifted" a great deal of assets at the QB position, and while Tyrod Taylor isn't Tom Brady and he's EXTREMELY careful with the ball, it's safe to say our offense SHOULD take some big steps this year.  Tyrod can easily run Hue's read-option plays, he likes to attack the short middle (Jarvis Landry zone), and he won't be turning it over like Kizer did, ESPECIALLY in the red zone. Conversely, I do believe Tyrod will drive us absolutely nuts at times.  His overly safe style might cost us some opportunities, and we all know how Hue loves to go deep...not Tyrod's best talent.  There's a good chance we'll be punting on a lot more 3rd and longs, as Tyrod won't be as likely to take some of the chances Kizer did, and Tyrod loves to throw short of the sticks in hopes that his guy will make a play for the 1st.  It's going to be completely different on offense, most good, some frustrating.  

    If the season goes like I hope it does, we might not see our rookie at all this year during the regular schedule. If that happens, how do you let Tyrod go and place everything in the hands of a kid who doesn't have experience?  Just something to talk about while we wait for the draft.  LOL

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I just don't see the most "QB Tortured" franchise in the NFL drafting a guy #1 like Josh Allen.  Could he be great?  Sure, nobody has a crystal ball, but the guy's accuracy, lack of competition, and paltry numbers are just too suspect for me to ever get on board.  He appears like the most "boom or bust" QB entering the draft, and I want NONE of that.  Not at #1, and not for us.  

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    @the-gipper said:

    Again...to me, Allen is basically a Kizer clone.....so why dump the original just to go get the clone?

    It's funny you say that.  Browns Daily radio host Nathan Zegura has asked multiple NFL pundits, "What are the differences between Kizer and Josh Allen?" and nobody really had a great answer that I remember.  Kizer has a plus arm, Josh Allen has a plus-plus arm, but really...they resemble each other dramatically.  

  • @westside-steve said:

    Of course if he's the guy at the top of your list you have to take him at number one. I just hope he isn't. Or if he is I hope I'm wrong about him. 

    WSS

    Truer words have never been spoken, my friend.  No matter who we take, even if it's Allen, I just pray he somehow works out.  Lord how we all want this...

    However, like I've said in several other posts, we shouldn't discount the importance of Tyrod Taylor and what he could POSSIBLY bring to the table.  He's 28 years old, and if he does what i THINK he'll do this year, there's a chance we already HAVE our QB "of the future".  Suppose he puts up 20 TDs, 9 INT's, and runs for another 4 TD's.  We win a handful of games, probably 5 but maybe (in my wildest dreams) one or two more.  Now, for a team that went 1-31 in TWO YEARS, how do you not sign a QB that boosts your team that dramatically?  Of course, this is all speculation.  Tyrod could be horrible, he could get injured, maybe our coaching staff is just terrible and our players don't really matter.  But I don't think that's the case.  So how does our rookie even get on the field if Tyrod plays like he usually does?  

    If we're truly committed to playing our rookie QB in the near future, and we want him to be the "franchise" type guy (which we obviously DO if we're taking him #1), then I suppose he would start this year when we're mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.  With this team, I'm guessing around mid November.  That would give our rookie 5-6 games to get his feet wet and gain valuable experience.  It's likely that he'll be terrible, like most rookies are, but the hope would be that he shows enough to warrant being labeled the "starting QB" for 2019.  The PROBLEM is...what happens if our team ISN'T eliminated from wildcard contention in mid November?  What if we're in the thick of it until December?  Do you play the rookie THEN?  I doubt it.  

    I'm obviously getting WAY ahead of myself, but I don't feel like I'm completely out of line by thinking our team will be competitive.  Does that equate to victories?  Probably not, but let's wait and see.  Hue Jackson wasn't exactly "gifted" a great deal of assets at the QB position, and while Tyrod Taylor isn't Tom Brady and he's EXTREMELY careful with the ball, it's safe to say our offense SHOULD take some big steps this year.  Tyrod can easily run Hue's read-option plays, he likes to attack the short middle (Jarvis Landry zone), and he won't be turning it over like Kizer did, ESPECIALLY in the red zone. Conversely, I do believe Tyrod will drive us absolutely nuts at times.  His overly safe style might cost us some opportunities, and we all know how Hue loves to go deep...not Tyrod's best talent.  There's a good chance we'll be punting on a lot more 3rd and longs, as Tyrod won't be as likely to take some of the chances Kizer did, and Tyrod loves to throw short of the sticks in hopes that his guy will make a play for the 1st.  It's going to be completely different on offense, most good, some frustrating.  

    If the season goes like I hope it does, we might not see our rookie at all this year during the regular schedule. If that happens, how do you let Tyrod go and place everything in the hands of a kid who doesn't have experience?  Just something to talk about while we wait for the draft.  LOL

    @jiggins7919 said:

    So how does our rookie even get on the field if Tyrod plays like he usually does?  

    Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.

    Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    So how does our rookie even get on the field if Tyrod plays like he usually does?  

    Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.

    Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.

    @tour2ma said:

    Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.

    Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.

    So....per the Hue Jackson scheduling pattern:  Game 4?