Skip to content

2018 Mock Drafts

The Browns Board
343 39 16.8k
  • sydS syd

    can anyone please give me some kind of hope as to why I should like Allen over Darnold

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    can anyone please give me some kind of hope as to why I should like Allen over Darnold

    You can PM cal...

  • We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year 🙂 same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @darren15 said:

    We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year 🙂 same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum

    I will save you some effort:  I was on the Trubisky train.   But I was not anti-Garrett.  I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous.  But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute.  Not so acute as the need for a QB....

    But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me.  This year, I have boarded no one's train.

  • @darren15 said:

    We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year 🙂 same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum

    I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.

    By this you make it seem that you still blame the Browns for JFF's failure.......that is was this organization that caused his demise....and not his own behavior.  

    Actually, Cleveland may have been the best place for him.   Imagine what a disaster he would have been made out to be had he been drafted by say, one of the NY teams, or LA teams, or Dallas. 

    Hue was not even here when JFF was here.  Kyle Shanahan....who people now think is a brilliant guy  (a brilliant arsehole perhaps)...was his OC.    He would only have been worse elsewhere.

  • @darren15 said:

    We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year 🙂 same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum

    I will save you some effort:  I was on the Trubisky train.   But I was not anti-Garrett.  I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous.  But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute.  Not so acute as the need for a QB....

    But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me.  This year, I have boarded no one's train.

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I will save you some effort:  I was on the Trubisky train.   But I was not anti-Garrett.  I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous.  But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute.  Not so acute as the need for a QB....

    But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me.  This year, I have boarded no one's train.

    I drafted for the Browns in our draft that year and took Bosa with the first pick and I was lambasted for it ....

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    2018 NFL draft - Jeff Legwold's ranking of top 100 prospects, picks

    https://search.app.goo.gl/tY6wF

    Shared from my Google feed

  • @the-gipper said:

    I will save you some effort:  I was on the Trubisky train.   But I was not anti-Garrett.  I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous.  But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute.  Not so acute as the need for a QB....

    But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me.  This year, I have boarded no one's train.

    I drafted for the Browns in our draft that year and took Bosa with the first pick and I was lambasted for it ....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @darren15 said:

    I drafted for the Browns in our draft that year and took Bosa with the first pick and I was lambasted for it ....

    And rightfully so... 🙂

    @westside-steve said:

    2018 NFL draft - Jeff Legwold's ranking of top 100 prospects, picks

    https://search.app.goo.gl/tY6wF

    Shared from my Google feed

    Why do I get the feeling someone got a new Android?

    And WTF is Jeff Legwold?

  • 2018 NFL draft - Jeff Legwold's ranking of top 100 prospects, picks

    https://search.app.goo.gl/tY6wF

    Shared from my Google feed

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    2018 NFL draft - Jeff Legwold's ranking of top 100 prospects, picks

    https://search.app.goo.gl/tY6wF

    that pot sets up right for some good position needs at our picks thru 64..poor Christian Kirk has got to get out of that #22 pit of misery hole😉

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    Haven't published mine yet, but it is one this board will for sure hate.

  • Haven't published mine yet, but it is one this board will for sure hate.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    Haven't published mine yet, but it is one this board will for sure hate.

    Color me intrigued!

  • Haven't published mine yet, but it is one this board will for sure hate.

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    Haven't published mine yet, but it is one this board will for sure hate.

    Punter at 1 Kicker at 4 ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.

    By this you make it seem that you still blame the Browns for JFF's failure.......that is was this organization that caused his demise....and not his own behavior.  

    Actually, Cleveland may have been the best place for him.   Imagine what a disaster he would have been made out to be had he been drafted by say, one of the NY teams, or LA teams, or Dallas. 

    Hue was not even here when JFF was here.  Kyle Shanahan....who people now think is a brilliant guy  (a brilliant arsehole perhaps)...was his OC.    He would only have been worse elsewhere.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    By this you make it seem that you still blame the Browns for JFF's failure.......that is was this organization that caused his demise....and not his own behavior.  

    Actually, Cleveland may have been the best place for him.   Imagine what a disaster he would have been made out to be had he been drafted by say, one of the NY teams, or LA teams, or Dallas. 

    Hue was not even here when JFF was here.  Kyle Shanahan....who people now think is a brilliant guy  (a brilliant arsehole perhaps)...was his OC.    He would only have been worse elsewhere.

    No really Gip. Just saying exactly what i was thinking before he ever showed up in Cleveland, the graveyard for QB's. He managed to screw it up without much help from anyone, but that does not change my pre-draft thinking at that time. And Shanny didn't do QBs any favor with that zone read run either. Ridiculous to purposefully run your QB in the NFL. Recipe for injury.

  • @the-gipper said:

    By this you make it seem that you still blame the Browns for JFF's failure.......that is was this organization that caused his demise....and not his own behavior.  

    Actually, Cleveland may have been the best place for him.   Imagine what a disaster he would have been made out to be had he been drafted by say, one of the NY teams, or LA teams, or Dallas. 

    Hue was not even here when JFF was here.  Kyle Shanahan....who people now think is a brilliant guy  (a brilliant arsehole perhaps)...was his OC.    He would only have been worse elsewhere.

    No really Gip. Just saying exactly what i was thinking before he ever showed up in Cleveland, the graveyard for QB's. He managed to screw it up without much help from anyone, but that does not change my pre-draft thinking at that time. And Shanny didn't do QBs any favor with that zone read run either. Ridiculous to purposefully run your QB in the NFL. Recipe for injury.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    No really Gip. Just saying exactly what i was thinking before he ever showed up in Cleveland, the graveyard for QB's. He managed to screw it up without much help from anyone, but that does not change my pre-draft thinking at that time. And Shanny didn't do QBs any favor with that zone read run either. Ridiculous to purposefully run your QB in the NFL. Recipe for injury.

    In my opinion Cleveland is not in OT not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way aroundIn my opinion Cleveland is not in OP not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way around

  • @texasag1969 said:

    No really Gip. Just saying exactly what i was thinking before he ever showed up in Cleveland, the graveyard for QB's. He managed to screw it up without much help from anyone, but that does not change my pre-draft thinking at that time. And Shanny didn't do QBs any favor with that zone read run either. Ridiculous to purposefully run your QB in the NFL. Recipe for injury.

    In my opinion Cleveland is not in OT not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way aroundIn my opinion Cleveland is not in OP not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way around

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @the-gipper said:

    In my opinion Cleveland is not in OT not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way aroundIn my opinion Cleveland is not in OP not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way around

    Most of the non-Browns world thinks more along my line of thinking however. We need a HC/GM T-shirt too. We could title it the graveyard shift.

  • @the-gipper said:

    In my opinion Cleveland is not in OT not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way aroundIn my opinion Cleveland is not in OP not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way around

    Most of the non-Browns world thinks more along my line of thinking however. We need a HC/GM T-shirt too. We could title it the graveyard shift.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Most of the non-Browns world thinks more along my line of thinking however. We need a HC/GM T-shirt too. We could title it the graveyard shift.

    Well yes there's no doubt that our GM's in our head coaches have been pissed poor and they have made poor choices at picking quarterbacks but it is still those quarterbacks who have been sucked job

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/23/mock-draft-prospects-trades-first-round-mmqb-peter-king

    Peter King. I thought that was a gay fast food restaurant. Sorry.

    But that does sound like the consensus.

    WSS

  • https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/23/mock-draft-prospects-trades-first-round-mmqb-peter-king

    Peter King. I thought that was a gay fast food restaurant. Sorry.

    But that does sound like the consensus.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @westside-steve said:

    But that does sound like the consensus.

    If only... **sigh**

    Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA 

    ... the surest QB thing in this draft, as long as you can live with the specter of his two documented concussions and all the noise (which I consider total bullcrap) about Rosen’s life of other interests.

    And John Lynch needs a little work on his math. He's about 40,000 scenarios shy.

  • @westside-steve said:

    But that does sound like the consensus.

    If only... **sigh**

    Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA 

    ... the surest QB thing in this draft, as long as you can live with the specter of his two documented concussions and all the noise (which I consider total bullcrap) about Rosen’s life of other interests.

    And John Lynch needs a little work on his math. He's about 40,000 scenarios shy.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If only... **sigh**

    Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA 

    ... the surest QB thing in this draft, as long as you can live with the specter of his two documented concussions and all the noise (which I consider total bullcrap) about Rosen’s life of other interests.

    I meant the consensus among the mocks.

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    If only... **sigh**

    Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA 

    ... the surest QB thing in this draft, as long as you can live with the specter of his two documented concussions and all the noise (which I consider total bullcrap) about Rosen’s life of other interests.

    I meant the consensus among the mocks.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I meant the consensus among the mocks.

    Pretty sure I knew that... 😉

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Meanwhile...

    The two QB thing continues to have a pulse. Here's a follow up to last week's report that our FO has discussed this approach.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771721-two-first-round-qbs-for-the-cleveland-browns-it-makes-more-sense-than-you-think

    I've toyed with this off and on for a year or so, but lately I keep coming back to it.

    As much as I dislike Darnold at #1 and Allen period... strangely even Darnold at #1 and Allen at #4 is relatively calming.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    This had crossed my mind as something the Browns might contemplate with Bitonio but it’s the first mock I’ve seen actually give us Nelson at #4

     http://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2770818-2018-nfl-mock-draft-doug-farrars-final-1st-round-predictions.amp.html