2018 Mock Drafts
-
So how does our rookie even get on the field if Tyrod plays like he usually does?
Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.
Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.
-
2018 NFL Mock Draft: Browns trade down, Bucs pass on Barkley, Falcons take receiver
https://search.app.goo.gl/fhmb6
Shared from my Google feed
Looks like Dorsey will be following Sashi Brown sooner rather than later.
?
WSS
-
So how does our rookie even get on the field if Tyrod plays like he usually does?
Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.
Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.
Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.
Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.
And that's the rub. I guess what I'm saying is, do you swap "pretty good" for a guy who is unknown but COULD develop into "very good"? This dilemma becomes even more impossible when you factor in the fact we're the Browns....and "pretty good" QB play would ABSOLUTELY blow everyone away. Think about it for a second. 1-31 over two years, a multitude of sucky QB's, and hardly anything to cheer about. Then just like that, we sign a QB who is "pretty good" and is coming off a playoff season (albeit by the skin of his teeth). It's going to be VERY hard to pull the trigger on swapping in the young QB when so many jobs are on the line. If we kept Hue Jackson after 1-31, you'd like to think we'd keep him if we won something like 5 games this year, right?
Where I ultimately agree with you that we definitely want MORE than "acceptable", I still see it being a difficult task to remove a veteran leader for an unknown 21 year-old.
-
2018 NFL Mock Draft: Browns trade down, Bucs pass on Barkley, Falcons take receiver
https://search.app.goo.gl/fhmb6
Shared from my Google feed
Looks like Dorsey will be following Sashi Brown sooner rather than later.
?
WSS
2018 NFL Mock Draft: Browns trade down, Bucs pass on Barkley, Falcons take receiver
https://search.app.goo.gl/fhmb6
Shared from my Google feed
Looks like Dorsey will be following Sashi Brown sooner rather than later.
?
WSS
That's not a terrible scenario. I would be good if the browns walked away with that draft.
-
2018 NFL Mock Draft: Browns trade down, Bucs pass on Barkley, Falcons take receiver
https://search.app.goo.gl/fhmb6
Shared from my Google feed
Looks like Dorsey will be following Sashi Brown sooner rather than later.
?
WSS
That's not a terrible scenario. I would be good if the browns walked away with that draft.
That's not a terrible scenario. I would be good if the browns walked away with that draft.
I worry too much about Allen's accuracy. The rest of the undercard looks fine but if we miss on number one...
WSS
-
Mayock's 2018 draft position rankings 3.0: New No. 1 WR, LB
https://search.app.goo.gl/7Sj8w
Shared from my Google feed
-
Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.
Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.
And that's the rub. I guess what I'm saying is, do you swap "pretty good" for a guy who is unknown but COULD develop into "very good"? This dilemma becomes even more impossible when you factor in the fact we're the Browns....and "pretty good" QB play would ABSOLUTELY blow everyone away. Think about it for a second. 1-31 over two years, a multitude of sucky QB's, and hardly anything to cheer about. Then just like that, we sign a QB who is "pretty good" and is coming off a playoff season (albeit by the skin of his teeth). It's going to be VERY hard to pull the trigger on swapping in the young QB when so many jobs are on the line. If we kept Hue Jackson after 1-31, you'd like to think we'd keep him if we won something like 5 games this year, right?
Where I ultimately agree with you that we definitely want MORE than "acceptable", I still see it being a difficult task to remove a veteran leader for an unknown 21 year-old.
And that's the rub. I guess what I'm saying is, do you swap "pretty good" for a guy who is unknown but COULD develop into "very good"? This dilemma becomes even more impossible when you factor in the fact we're the Browns....and "pretty good" QB play would ABSOLUTELY blow everyone away. Think about it for a second. 1-31 over two years, a multitude of sucky QB's, and hardly anything to cheer about. Then just like that, we sign a QB who is "pretty good" and is coming off a playoff season (albeit by the skin of his teeth). It's going to be VERY hard to pull the trigger on swapping in the young QB when so many jobs are on the line. If we kept Hue Jackson after 1-31, you'd like to think we'd keep him if we won something like 5 games this year, right?
Where I ultimately agree with you that we definitely want MORE than "acceptable", I still see it being a difficult task to remove a veteran leader for an unknown 21 year-old.
Actually I see Hue gone by the BYE week after a 2-8 start... but that's another topic.

I see what you are saying about QB play, but I think you are looking in the wrong direction... to the past and not the future. If we are out of it by the BYE, then what can you possibly learn by continuing to play Tyrod?
Assuming out #1 pick knows the playbook, can repeat a play call and take a 5/7-step drop, I go to the rookie, begin his on-field education and my assessment of his NFL future so I know what kind of priority to put on a 2019 QB.
-
-
We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year
same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum
-
I agree that would be wild. And monkeys might fly out of my asss.
WSS
-
Reuter seven-round mock draft: Bills, Fins trade up for L.A. QBs
https://search.app.goo.gl/oiwvE
Shared from my Google feed
Soon it will all come to an end.
?
WSS
-
We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year
same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum
We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year
same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum
I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.
-
We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year
same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum
We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year
same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum
I will save you some effort: I was on the Trubisky train. But I was not anti-Garrett. I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous. But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute. Not so acute as the need for a QB....
But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me. This year, I have boarded no one's train.
-
We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year
same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum
I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.
I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.
By this you make it seem that you still blame the Browns for JFF's failure.......that is was this organization that caused his demise....and not his own behavior.
Actually, Cleveland may have been the best place for him. Imagine what a disaster he would have been made out to be had he been drafted by say, one of the NY teams, or LA teams, or Dallas.
Hue was not even here when JFF was here. Kyle Shanahan....who people now think is a brilliant guy (a brilliant arsehole perhaps)...was his OC. He would only have been worse elsewhere.
-
We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year
same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum
I will save you some effort: I was on the Trubisky train. But I was not anti-Garrett. I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous. But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute. Not so acute as the need for a QB....
But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me. This year, I have boarded no one's train.
I will save you some effort: I was on the Trubisky train. But I was not anti-Garrett. I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous. But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute. Not so acute as the need for a QB....
But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me. This year, I have boarded no one's train.
I drafted for the Browns in our draft that year and took Bosa with the first pick and I was lambasted for it ....
-
2018 NFL draft - Jeff Legwold's ranking of top 100 prospects, picks
https://search.app.goo.gl/tY6wF
Shared from my Google feed
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
