Are you all so sure Kizer can't be your QB?
-
What about YSU alum Cliff Stout? He qualified for an NFL pension and got several rings without taking a snap, Bradshaw never wanted to come out of a game so Cliff wore a ball cap and carried a clip board.
My buddy a former All Ohio first team DE and BIG TEN player moved to Houston he was good friends with Cliff when they were playing the Oilers they'd go out drinking the night before the game because he knew he'd never play. We got some great inside information on betting the NFL and even some college games but that was 1970s "B.C."......before computers. Oh he wasn't really a bad QB.
 I was talking guys who actually played a game or two... Â
 I was talking guys who actually played a game or two... Â
Well I knew he played some so I looked it up. He played a little more than I thought but not really until 1983.
Clifford Lewis Stoudt (born March 27, 1955) is a former American football quarterback for Youngstown State University and the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers. Drafted in the fifth round (121st overall) by the Steelers, Stoudt was the backup to Terry Bradshawfrom 1977–1982 before taking over as starter during Bradshaw's injury-plagued and final season in 1983.
Stoudt led the Steelers to a 9–2 start, but the team melted down late in the season. Steeler fans, accustomed to Bradshaw's late game heroics, turned viciously on Stoudt. The Steelers managed to win the AFC Central with a 10–6 record and stumbled into the playoffs, but were quickly dispatched by the Los Angeles Raiders.
After the 1983 season, Stoudt left Pittsburgh, signing with the Birmingham Stallions of the USFL. During the season opener on March 11, 1984 against the Pittsburgh Maulers at Three Rivers Stadium, Stoudt was heckled and pelted with snowballs by the fans. It would turn out to be the only sellout in the one season history of the Maulers.
After two seasons in the USFL in which he was in the top five in passing with such stars as Jim Kelly, Bobby Hebert, and Chuck Fusina, Stoudt returned to the NFL. He signed with the St. Louis Cardinals and stayed with them through the 1988 season when they moved to Phoenix. He spent his final NFL season with the Miami Dolphins, appearing in three games and never attempting a pass. He lives in Dublin, Ohio. His son, Cole, is a former quarterback at Clemson and currently the quarterbacks coach at Jacksonville State.  Another son, Zack, played quarterback at Ole Miss.
PassingÂ
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD AV Career    66 20 9-11-0 359 684 52.5 4506 23 3.4 43 6.3 72 6.6 4.4 12.6 68.3 58.3 76 494 5.28 3.34 10.0 4 4 17 4 yrs PIT   30 16 9-7-0 244 479 50.9 3217 14 2.9 28 5.8 72 6.7 4.7 13.2 107.2 57.9 56 366 5.33 3.50 10.5 2 2 13 3 yrs PHO-STL   33 4 0-4-0 115 205 56.1 1289 9 4.4 15 7.3 52 6.3 3.9 11.2 39.1 59.2 20 128 5.16 2.96 8.9 2 2 4 1 yr MIA   3 0  0 0  0 0  0  0    0.0  0 0    0 0 0 1980 25 PIT qb 18 6 1 0-1-0 32 60 53.3 493 2 3.3 2 3.3 72 8.2 7.4 15.4 82.2 78.0 4 19 7.41 6.63 6.3   2 1981 26 PIT  18 2 0  1 3 33.3 17 0 0.0 0 0.0 17 5.7 5.7 17.0 8.5 53.5 0 0 5.67 5.67 0.0   0 1982 27 PIT  18 6 0  14 35 40.0 154 0 0.0 5 14.3 24 4.4 -2.0 11.0 25.7 14.2 1 8 4.06 -2.19 2.8   1 1983 28 PIT QB 18 16 15 9-6-0 197 381 51.7 2553 12 3.1 21 5.5 52 6.7 4.9 13.0 159.6 60.6 51 339 5.13 3.49 11.8 2 2 10 1986 31 STL qb 18 5 2 0-2-0 52 91 57.1 542 3 3.3 7 7.7 24 6.0 3.2 10.4 108.4 53.5 7 43 5.09 2.49 7.1 1 1 2 1987 32 STL  18 12 0  0 1 0.0 0 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0.0 0.0  0.0 39.6 0 0 0.00 0.00 0.0   0 1988 33 PHO qb 18 16 2 0-2-0 63 113 55.8 747 6 5.3 8 7.1 52 6.6 4.5 11.9 46.7 64.3 13 85 5.25 3.35 10.3 1 1 2 1989 34 MIA  18 3 0  0 0  0 0  0  0    0.0  0 0    0 0 0 -
Don't know what you're so upset about. That was what I'd been preaching all along, it's not hindsight that's what I wanted to do in the first place. If you think I was wrong and you endorse every move they made then good for you. Hope you enjoyed the parade.
You're about as contrary as The Gipper.
WSS
Tell them the truth Powell I'm just about the sweetest soul you ever metTell them the truth Powell I'm just about the sweetest soul you ever met pal
Tell them the truth Powell I'm just about the sweetest soul you ever metTell them the truth Powell I'm just about the sweetest soul you ever met pal
Speech-to-text glitches?
WSS
-
Tell them the truth Powell I'm just about the sweetest soul you ever metTell them the truth Powell I'm just about the sweetest soul you ever met pal
Speech-to-text glitches?
WSS
Speech-to-text glitches?
WSS
Yea, Powell....err  Pal.
-
Terrific insight...
And I don't play hindsight games.
Don't know what you're so upset about. That was what I'd been preaching all along, it's not hindsight that's what I wanted to do in the first place. If you think I was wrong and you endorse every move they made then good for you. Hope you enjoyed the parade.
You're about as contrary as The Gipper.
WSS
You're about as contrary as The Gipper.
You really know how to hurt a guy...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login