Skip to content

Can Brady win if he has to do it on his own merit?

The Browns Board
182 27 6.3k
  • Cleveland

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Cleveland

    WSS

    OK, you have lost us. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    I like Texas okay when I was a young man playing in a band going from town to town. Dallas is pretty cool Austin is cool San Antonio is cool.

    WSS

    You ever play at The Cellar in Ft. Worth? When I was in college I was there once hoping to see a little stripping when out of the night strolls this black guy who looked a bit familiar. He sang a couple of his songs from the 60's for free and strolled back out. Exit James Brown.

    https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-king-of-clubs/

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    You ever play at The Cellar in Ft. Worth? When I was in college I was there once hoping to see a little stripping when out of the night strolls this black guy who looked a bit familiar. He sang a couple of his songs from the 60's for free and strolled back out. Exit James Brown.

    https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-king-of-clubs/

    James Brown how cool was that. Also I love those old bar stories and some you've experienced on your own when you were very young or old enough to reminisce....oh yeah.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You ever play at The Cellar in Ft. Worth? When I was in college I was there once hoping to see a little stripping when out of the night strolls this black guy who looked a bit familiar. He sang a couple of his songs from the 60's for free and strolled back out. Exit James Brown.

    https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-king-of-clubs/

    James Brown how cool was that. Also I love those old bar stories and some you've experienced on your own when you were very young or old enough to reminisce....oh yeah.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    James Brown how cool was that. Also I love those old bar stories and some you've experienced on your own when you were very young or old enough to reminisce....oh yeah.

    I thought I was seeing things, but the band seemed to recognize him right away and gave him that slow background music so he took the mike and started "Please, please, please". I can't even remember now what the other one he did was, but that one was just great! I was already three sheets to the wind and it's been 50 years, so who knows.😁

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    As you saw tonight. Brady can't win schidt without the refs. No help  no Brady

  • As you saw tonight. Brady can't win schidt without the refs. No help  no Brady

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    As you saw tonight. Brady can't win schidt without the refs. No help  no Brady

    And once again we see why defense wins. Had NE shown any Brady would have won. And a defensive play wins for the Eagles at the end.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

  • @ghoolie said:

    As you saw tonight. Brady can't win schidt without the refs. No help  no Brady

    And once again we see why defense wins. Had NE shown any Brady would have won. And a defensive play wins for the Eagles at the end.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    And once again we see why defense wins. Had NE shown any Brady would have won. And a defensive play wins for the Eagles at the end.

    Brady held the ball for over 6 seconds. Even Hoorta could have gotten to him. Defense didn't do schidt.

    1100 +yards of total offense = Defense doens't do schidt.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Tom Brady has the fastest release time in the NFL. https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

    Passing

    Next Gen Stats tracks numerous data points to enhance our understanding of a Quarterback’s style and tendencies. In 2016 we began exposing data points such as Time to Throw to indicate how quickly a passer releases a pass and various measurements of Air Yards and Air Distance to indicate how far a passer throws the ball downfield on completions. In 2017 we have added all passing attempts for air yards/distance, Air Yards to the Sticks, and Aggressiveness, along with traditional stats for users to make correlations.

    For any stat definitions and explanations, see our glossary.

     

    PASSING LEADERS

     
    1. T. Brady
    NE
    2.7
    7.1
    9.4
    -2.3
    17.4
    58
    0.6
    581
    66.3
    4576
    32
    8
    102
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    What is Next Gen Stats?

    NFL player tracking, also known as Next Gen Stats, is the capture of real time location data, speed and acceleration for every player, every play on every inch of the field. Sensors throughout the stadium track tags placed on players' shoulder pads, charting individual movements within inches.

    Stats

    Passing Stats
    Time To Throw (TT)
    Time to Throw measures the average amount of time elapsed from the time of snap to throw on every pass attempt for a passer (sacks excluded).
    Average Completed Air Yards (CAY) and Average Intended Air Yards (IAY)
    Air Yards is the total yards gained on a pass attempt past the line of scrimmage before the ball is caught. CAY shows the average Air Yards a passer throws on completions, and IAY shows the average Air Yards a passer throws on all attempts. This metric shows how far the ball is being thrown ‘downfield’. Air Yards is recorded as 0 when the pass is thrown to or behind the Line of Scrimmage. Additionally Air Yards is not calculated into the back of the end zone.
    Average Air Yards Differential (AYD)
    Air Yards Differential is calculated by subtracting the passer’s average Intended Air Yards from his average Completed Air Yards. This stat indicates if he is on average attempting deep passes than he on average completes.
    Longest Completed Air Distance (LCAD)
    Air Distance is the amount of yards the ball has traveled on a pass, from the point of release to the point of reception (as the crow flies). Unlike Air Yards, Air Distance measures the actual distance the passer throws the ball.
    Aggressiveness (AGG%)
    Aggressiveness tracks the amount of passing attempts a quarterback makes that are into tight coverage, where there is a defender within 1 yard or less of the receiver at the time of completion or incompletion. AGG is shown as a % of attempts into tight windows over all passing attempts.
    Air Yards to the Sticks (AYTS)
    Air Yards to the Sticks shows the amount of Air Yards ahead or behind the first down marker on all attempts for a passer. The metric indicates if the passer is attempting his passes past the 1st down marker, or if he is relying on his skill position players to make yards after catch.
  • @mjp28 said:

    That is true. I used to go to Pittsburgh occasionally business or pleasure and visited many bars, pubs and eateries sometimes listening to Pirates games, never a problem. Same in Texas, but never really cared for the state.

    I like Texas okay when I was a young man playing in a band going from town to town. Dallas is pretty cool Austin is cool San Antonio is cool.

    WSS

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I like Texas okay when I was a young man playing in a band going from town to town. Dallas is pretty cool Austin is cool San Antonio is cool.

    WSS

    I used to live in Houston and San Antonio.. Austin has a the music scene. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    I like Texas okay when I was a young man playing in a band going from town to town. Dallas is pretty cool Austin is cool San Antonio is cool.

    WSS

    I used to live in Houston and San Antonio.. Austin has a the music scene. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    I used to live in Houston and San Antonio.. Austin has a the music scene. 

    And Ft. Worth has the art scene with the Kimbell Museum which constantly rotates in world class exhibitions.  My wife and I went to see one just a few years ago on The Impressionists. There were multiple paintings there by Renior, Van Gogh, Monet, Manet, etc. we had seen in various Paris art museums just the year before. What a place!

  • @westside-steve said:

    I like Texas okay when I was a young man playing in a band going from town to town. Dallas is pretty cool Austin is cool San Antonio is cool.

    WSS

    I used to live in Houston and San Antonio.. Austin has a the music scene. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @boo-fagley said:

    I used to live in Houston and San Antonio.. Austin has a the music scene. 

    We played Houston, Dallas, Lubbock, Conroe, El Paso. When we were in El Paso we used to cross the border into Juarez everyday just to hang out. Guess that's a little more dangerous these days.

    WSS

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I used to live in Houston and San Antonio.. Austin has a the music scene. 

    We played Houston, Dallas, Lubbock, Conroe, El Paso. When we were in El Paso we used to cross the border into Juarez everyday just to hang out. Guess that's a little more dangerous these days.

    WSS

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    We played Houston, Dallas, Lubbock, Conroe, El Paso. When we were in El Paso we used to cross the border into Juarez everyday just to hang out. Guess that's a little more dangerous these days.

    WSS

    I went through Redeye Missile School at Ft. Bliss Tx.  The only thing you had to worry about in Juarez then was catching the Clap.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I used to live in Houston and San Antonio.. Austin has a the music scene. 

    We played Houston, Dallas, Lubbock, Conroe, El Paso. When we were in El Paso we used to cross the border into Juarez everyday just to hang out. Guess that's a little more dangerous these days.

    WSS

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    We played Houston, Dallas, Lubbock, Conroe, El Paso. When we were in El Paso we used to cross the border into Juarez everyday just to hang out. Guess that's a little more dangerous these days.

    WSS

    Yup, the cartels are ruthless. You might go over into mexico and your body comes back with no head. Ive been to Conroe and Dallas. I saw Steve Earle play outdoors half way from San Antonio to Austin. Been to Willie Nelsons picnic. Texas jam in Dallas.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And once again we see why defense wins. Had NE shown any Brady would have won. And a defensive play wins for the Eagles at the end.

    Brady held the ball for over 6 seconds. Even Hoorta could have gotten to him. Defense didn't do schidt.

    1100 +yards of total offense = Defense doens't do schidt.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie said:

    Brady held the ball for over 6 seconds. Even Hoorta could have gotten to him. Defense didn't do schidt.

    1100 +yards of total offense = Defense doens't do schidt.

    Well....you are  right...perhaps for the first time ever.  These defenses really did perform terribly.  These 2 teams combined for more total yards than any two teams ever have in any NFL game....postseason OR regular season.

    I thought I was watching a Big 12 Game.  No pressure on either QB for most of the game.  Very loose coverage. Guys wide open all over the place.

    If this is the way the league is going....then perhaps we should draft one of those Big 12 QBs. 

    They scheduled a football game and a track meet broke out.