Senior Bowl Week Notes...
-
Thoughts through the first two days of practice.
- Seems weird that the organizers loaded up the Denver coached North Team with QBs so the Bronco Staff could get a close look at them.
- Outside of the QB group this year's roster feels less talented than last year's.
- Outside of QBs the strength of the the rosters seems to be in the interior OL and DL. Should see some real battles here.
- Edge rushers seem to have a significant edge over their OT opposites.
- Ditto for WR over DBs
- Little feel as yet for the RBs and LBs in attendance.
Players who look to be making money this week:
- RB
- WR: Michael Gallop (Col St.); Justin Watson (Penn)
- TE
- OT
- OG: Will Hernandez (UTEP);
- OC: Isaiah Wynn (UGA);
- DT: Justin Jones (NC St.); BJ Hill (NC St.)
- Edge: Marcus Davenport (UTSA); Uchenna Nwosu (USC)
- ILB: Tre' Williams (AUB);
- CB: Kameron Kelly (SDSU);
- S
Thoughts through the first two days of practice.
- Seems weird that the organizers loaded up the Denver coached North Team with QBs so the Bronco Staff could get a close look at them.
- Outside of the QB group this year's roster feels less talented than last year's.
- Outside of QBs the strength of the the rosters seems to be in the interior OL and DL. Should see some real battles here.
- Edge rushers seem to have a significant edge over their OT opposites.
- Ditto for WR over DBs
- Little feel as yet for the RBs and LBs in attendance.
Players who look to be making money this week:
- RB-K.Ballage//R.Penny
- WR: Michael Gallop (Col St.); Justin Watson (Penn)..(Lazard,Berrios,D.Hamilton(all run good routes)///J.Washington,Ateman,Pringle
-
TE-Fumagalli
,Gesicki(he can't block Shoolie)///
- OT-B.O'Neill-Pitt(like),T.Crosby///Noteboom,B.Parker
- OG: Will Hernandez (UTEP);///I.Wynn
- OC: Isaiah Wynn (UGA);(gold at G,played some T?)
- DT: Justin Jones (NC St.); BJ Hill (NC St.)///Andrew Brown
- Edge: Marcus Davenport (UTSA); Uchenna Nwosu (USC),O.Okoronkwo,H.Phillips///D.Hand,S.Griffin(no is not a answer)
- ILB: Nick Deluca(smooth coverage skills,imo)/// Tre' Williams (AUB), Darius Leonard
- CB: Taron Johnson///Kameron Kelly (SDSU),D'Montre Wade
- S-Armani Watts///6'2 box S -Kyzir White
Few more names in the mix^^^ North///South..P. Savage did his job...starting to look like the draft depth is growing to maybe 3.5 rounds..
-
I would hate to be a scout. The more I watch, the more I like certain players than originally planned. For example, Mayfield. His accuracy is way more impressive than I thought. It's very obvious that he will play to this strength. His arm is also better than I thought. There is just something about him that makes me think he is going to be a winner in the league. I'm not saying he should be drafted before Rosen or Darnold, but I definitely think he is better than Allen. Also, the JM comparisons are poor journalism. He's fiery, has some immaturity issues, but I don't think he is a coke head nor do I feel his passion for the game lacks. In fact, his passion and competitiveness are one of things that I love about him. He's Brett Favre in the sense he really doesn't care what people think. he's there to win at all cost and will rub it in your face, which for some reason, I like.
On the flip side, a guy I loved coming into this week was Rashaad Penny and I have heard nothing but negative reviews. I still think he is going to be special but I was hoping he would have performed way better than he has. There is still the game to flash, but we will see.
-
Gipper thinks Rudolph is the best QB in the draft? Wow. That's bold.
Russ....CBS Sports has him rated that way....and I reported that, that is all. I said he could be in the mix.
10 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St. Sr QB 1 6-5 230 12 Lamar Jackson Louisville Jr QB 2 6-3 200 17 Josh Rosen UCLA Jr QB 3 6-4 220 21 Sam Darnold USC Soph QB 4 6-4 225 38 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma Sr QB 5 6-1 218 125 Josh Allen Wyoming Jr QB 6 6-5 233 132 Logan Woodside Toledo Sr QB 7 6-2 201 159 Nick Stevens Colorado St. Sr QB 8 6-3 200 167 Riley Ferguson Memphis Sr QB 9 6-4 210 181 Chase Litton Marshall -
Who did the other team get?
And Rudolph isn't really "my guy"....I simply reported that a particular scouting service had him ranked as the best QB prospect. And still does. But some other arrogant cokwads seemed to take personal affront that some professional scouting service would disagree with their amateur opinions. I pointed out that he is in the mix it seems to be highly drafted...and to potentially be one of the actual better QBs coming out of this group. I also pointed out that he has the big red flag "Big 12 QB" spray painted prominently on his back.
OK, I understand you were quoting an ancient history mock draft on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. He's currently nowhere to be seen on a bunch of other "professional scouting service" mocks in the first round.
The South QBs, and dig deep Gip.
Brandon Silvers, Troy
Kurt Benkert, Virginia (Tour has had his eyes on him for a while)
Mike White, Western Kentucky (put him in the dark horse thread, he looked decent Thursday)
Kyle Lauletta, Richmond (I have to say who?)
BTW, the South has Rashaad Penny SD State, led DI in rushing... tune in this afternoon...
OK, I understand you were quoting an ancient history mock draft on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. He's currently nowhere to be seen on a bunch of other "professional scouting service" mocks in the first round.
The South QBs, and dig deep Gip.
Brandon Silvers, Troy
Kurt Benkert, Virginia (Tour has had his eyes on him for a while)
Mike White, Western Kentucky (put him in the dark horse thread, he looked decent Thursday)
Kyle Lauletta, Richmond (I have to say who?)
BTW, the South has Rashaad Penny SD State, led DI in rushing... tune in this afternoon...
Two keys to your point Larry:
1. CBS STILL has him rated #1.....so, if you think this morning of January 27, 2018 is "ancient history" so be it.
2. "MOCK drafts are not supposedly the recitation of the rankings based on pure talent projection....they are supposedly a forecast of what that particular service thinks that the NFL teams will do in the draft. So, even thought CBS Sports has Rudolph ranked #1.....they only have him ranked the 10th best prospect overall (as they think that 9 other guys are better than the best QB......AND...in their Mock draft..they do NOT have Rudolph going as the first QB taken. I think he was third or 4th.
So...as you see, a prospect ranking and a mock draft are vastly different animals.
Finally.....I would be pleased to see the rankings of various other "professional scouting services". ...NOT their mock drafts....their player rankings.
As just one example.....Mel Kiper had the Browns taking Josh Allen with the #1 overall pick. Do you think for a moment that Mel Kiper has Josh Allen as the #1 overall prospect in his draft? I seriously doubt it. (because I do not pay for that service...I don't see his rankings).
A lot of us think that Kiper must be having joke at the Browns expense. It seems like he is saying with that mock draft: "I think the Browns will continue their pattern of making the dumbest moves ever when drafting QBs."
I mean...doesn't that sound like what Kiper is saying?
-
OK, I understand you were quoting an ancient history mock draft on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. He's currently nowhere to be seen on a bunch of other "professional scouting service" mocks in the first round.
The South QBs, and dig deep Gip.
Brandon Silvers, Troy
Kurt Benkert, Virginia (Tour has had his eyes on him for a while)
Mike White, Western Kentucky (put him in the dark horse thread, he looked decent Thursday)
Kyle Lauletta, Richmond (I have to say who?)
BTW, the South has Rashaad Penny SD State, led DI in rushing... tune in this afternoon...
Two keys to your point Larry:
1. CBS STILL has him rated #1.....so, if you think this morning of January 27, 2018 is "ancient history" so be it.
2. "MOCK drafts are not supposedly the recitation of the rankings based on pure talent projection....they are supposedly a forecast of what that particular service thinks that the NFL teams will do in the draft. So, even thought CBS Sports has Rudolph ranked #1.....they only have him ranked the 10th best prospect overall (as they think that 9 other guys are better than the best QB......AND...in their Mock draft..they do NOT have Rudolph going as the first QB taken. I think he was third or 4th.
So...as you see, a prospect ranking and a mock draft are vastly different animals.
Finally.....I would be pleased to see the rankings of various other "professional scouting services". ...NOT their mock drafts....their player rankings.
As just one example.....Mel Kiper had the Browns taking Josh Allen with the #1 overall pick. Do you think for a moment that Mel Kiper has Josh Allen as the #1 overall prospect in his draft? I seriously doubt it. (because I do not pay for that service...I don't see his rankings).
A lot of us think that Kiper must be having joke at the Browns expense. It seems like he is saying with that mock draft: "I think the Browns will continue their pattern of making the dumbest moves ever when drafting QBs."
I mean...doesn't that sound like what Kiper is saying?
Two keys to your point Larry:
1. CBS STILL has him rated #1.....so, if you think this morning of January 27, 2018 is "ancient history" so be it.
2. "MOCK drafts are not supposedly the recitation of the rankings based on pure talent projection....they are supposedly a forecast of what that particular service thinks that the NFL teams will do in the draft. So, even thought CBS Sports has Rudolph ranked #1.....they only have him ranked the 10th best prospect overall (as they think that 9 other guys are better than the best QB......AND...in their Mock draft..they do NOT have Rudolph going as the first QB taken. I think he was third or 4th.
So...as you see, a prospect ranking and a mock draft are vastly different animals.
Finally.....I would be pleased to see the rankings of various other "professional scouting services". ...NOT their mock drafts....their player rankings.
As just one example.....Mel Kiper had the Browns taking Josh Allen with the #1 overall pick. Do you think for a moment that Mel Kiper has Josh Allen as the #1 overall prospect in his draft? I seriously doubt it. (because I do not pay for that service...I don't see his rankings).
A lot of us think that Kiper must be having joke at the Browns expense. It seems like he is saying with that mock draft: "I think the Browns will continue their pattern of making the dumbest moves ever when drafting QBs."
I mean...doesn't that sound like what Kiper is saying?
Yeah, Mel is crazy to have the Browns taking Allen #1 overall. As me and Mark have opined, we already have his clone on the roster in Kizer.
Well, CBS Sports is full of it if they have Rudolph as the #1 qb prospect. Here's Daniel Jeremiah's (was a pro scout before he got his job @ NFLN) ranking the top 50. Rudolph is nowhere to be seen... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000909727/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft
Need more? 6th best qb http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=130840&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB
Walter Football 7th best http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
So don't go putting much stock in an outlier Gip. I like Rudolph (he interviewed well), but barring something unforeseen by me between now and the end of April, he's not getting drafted in the top 10. Doing Google, seems the Ravens might have an interest in Rudolph as an eventual replacement for JOe Flacco.
-
Kiper raised Allen to his #1 ranking... and while that's funnier than him reading GM tea leaves for his mock, but the CBS ranking has been and is an absolute joke.
Just to help Gip follow along, here is the DraftScout ranking... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2018&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
DSRank Name College Proj Hgt Wgt 40 20 10 Bench Vert Jump Broad Jump Shuttle 3Cone 1Darnold, *Sam
QB, Southern California 1 6-3 220 4.74
2Barkley, *Saquon
RB, Penn State 1 5-11 230 4.49
3Rosen, *Josh
QB, UCLA 1 6-3 218 4.97
4Fitzpatrick, *Minkah
CB, Alabama 1 6-0 201 4.52
5Chubb, Bradley
DE, North Carolina State 1 6-3 275 4.84
6Nelson, *Quenton
OG, Notre Dame 1 6-4 330 5.23
7Smith, *Roquan
ILB, Georgia 1 6-0 225 4.54
8Allen, *Josh
QB, Wyoming 1 6-5 237 4.76
9Payne, *DaRon
DT, Alabama 1 6-2 308 5.38
10Williams, *Connor
OT, Texas 1 6-5 315 5.31 Rudolph is down at #50.
-
Benkert!!
-
-
-
-
Kiper raised Allen to his #1 ranking... and while that's funnier than him reading GM tea leaves for his mock, but the CBS ranking has been and is an absolute joke.
Just to help Gip follow along, here is the DraftScout ranking... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2018&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
DSRank Name College Proj Hgt Wgt 40 20 10 Bench Vert Jump Broad Jump Shuttle 3Cone 1Darnold, *Sam
QB, Southern California 1 6-3 220 4.74
2Barkley, *Saquon
RB, Penn State 1 5-11 230 4.49
3Rosen, *Josh
QB, UCLA 1 6-3 218 4.97
4Fitzpatrick, *Minkah
CB, Alabama 1 6-0 201 4.52
5Chubb, Bradley
DE, North Carolina State 1 6-3 275 4.84
6Nelson, *Quenton
OG, Notre Dame 1 6-4 330 5.23
7Smith, *Roquan
ILB, Georgia 1 6-0 225 4.54
8Allen, *Josh
QB, Wyoming 1 6-5 237 4.76
9Payne, *DaRon
DT, Alabama 1 6-2 308 5.38
10Williams, *Connor
OT, Texas 1 6-5 315 5.31 Rudolph is down at #50.
Kiper raised Allen to his #1 ranking... and while that's funnier than him reading GM tea leaves for his mock, but the CBS ranking has been and is an absolute joke.
Just to help Gip follow along, here is the DraftScout ranking... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2018&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
On another issue looking at that chart, Po says Barkley ran a laser timed 4.33! Told him when he runs a 4.2 at the combine, I'll get excited.
How bout some love for Rashaad Penny now? I'm telling you he's a machine.
He be plenty fast, that fo' sure. Gonna be around 3 RBs sitting @ #33 that are as good an option as taking Barkley in the top 5.
-
Kiper raised Allen to his #1 ranking... and while that's funnier than him reading GM tea leaves for his mock, but the CBS ranking has been and is an absolute joke.
Just to help Gip follow along, here is the DraftScout ranking... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2018&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
On another issue looking at that chart, Po says Barkley ran a laser timed 4.33! Told him when he runs a 4.2 at the combine, I'll get excited.
How bout some love for Rashaad Penny now? I'm telling you he's a machine.
He be plenty fast, that fo' sure. Gonna be around 3 RBs sitting @ #33 that are as good an option as taking Barkley in the top 5.
-
Kiper raised Allen to his #1 ranking... and while that's funnier than him reading GM tea leaves for his mock, but the CBS ranking has been and is an absolute joke.
Just to help Gip follow along, here is the DraftScout ranking... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2018&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
DSRank Name College Proj Hgt Wgt 40 20 10 Bench Vert Jump Broad Jump Shuttle 3Cone 1Darnold, *Sam
QB, Southern California 1 6-3 220 4.74
2Barkley, *Saquon
RB, Penn State 1 5-11 230 4.49
3Rosen, *Josh
QB, UCLA 1 6-3 218 4.97
4Fitzpatrick, *Minkah
CB, Alabama 1 6-0 201 4.52
5Chubb, Bradley
DE, North Carolina State 1 6-3 275 4.84
6Nelson, *Quenton
OG, Notre Dame 1 6-4 330 5.23
7Smith, *Roquan
ILB, Georgia 1 6-0 225 4.54
8Allen, *Josh
QB, Wyoming 1 6-5 237 4.76
9Payne, *DaRon
DT, Alabama 1 6-2 308 5.38
10Williams, *Connor
OT, Texas 1 6-5 315 5.31 Rudolph is down at #50.
Kiper raised Allen to his #1 ranking... and while that's funnier than him reading GM tea leaves for his mock, but the CBS ranking has been and is an absolute joke.
Just to help Gip follow along, here is the DraftScout ranking... http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2018&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
DSRank Name College Proj Hgt Wgt 40 20 10 Bench Vert Jump Broad Jump Shuttle 3Cone 1Darnold, *Sam
QB, Southern California 1 6-3 220 4.74
2Barkley, *Saquon
RB, Penn State 1 5-11 230 4.49
3Rosen, *Josh
QB, UCLA 1 6-3 218 4.97
4Fitzpatrick, *Minkah
CB, Alabama 1 6-0 201 4.52
5Chubb, Bradley
DE, North Carolina State 1 6-3 275 4.84
6Nelson, *Quenton
OG, Notre Dame 1 6-4 330 5.23
7Smith, *Roquan
ILB, Georgia 1 6-0 225 4.54
8Allen, *Josh
QB, Wyoming 1 6-5 237 4.76
9Payne, *DaRon
DT, Alabama 1 6-2 308 5.38
10Williams, *Connor
OT, Texas 1 6-5 315 5.31 Rudolph is down at #50.
What is the injury for Rosen that they are showingWhat is the injury for Rosen that they are showing
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login