2018 QB Class
-
Big 12 QB (name one that has come out of those wide open Big12 offenses who has amounted to anything) throwing to wide open receivers who also happens to be short.
Mayfield also is capable of putting the ball where only his receivers can catch it when they're covered. As to being "wide open", did you enjoy seeing Kizer throw it ten feet over his wrs heads or in the dirt in similar situations?
Mayfield also is capable of putting the ball where only his receivers can catch it when they're covered. As to being "wide open", did you enjoy seeing Kizer throw it ten feet over his wrs heads or in the dirt in similar situations?
Well, Kizer is terrible so he shouldn’t be in the discussion at all at this point.
I did not see a QB throwing his guys open. Until one of these Big 12 QBs shows to be worth a sh-it in the pros, I don’t want the Browns to be the team using top 4 picks on lottery tickets.
-
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-sam-darnold-won-t-154931188.html
Report: Sam Darnold won’t throw in Indy
The top quarterback prospects in this year’s draft class will be looking for ways to differentiate themselves from one another over the next couple of months and Sam Darnold has reportedly found a way to do it in Indianapolis this week.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Darnold will not take part in throwing drills during the Scouting Combine. He is expected to throw at USC’s Pro Day workout on March 21 instead.
Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph are all expected to do the throwing drills in Indy. Lamar Jackson has not announced what he plans to do at this point.
There have been plenty of quarterbacks in the past who have passed on throwing at the combine in favor of working in familiar conditions and with familiar receivers at their schools. That trend has reversed in recent years, but it seems Darnold will not be part of that wave.
-
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-sam-darnold-won-t-154931188.html
Report: Sam Darnold won’t throw in Indy
The top quarterback prospects in this year’s draft class will be looking for ways to differentiate themselves from one another over the next couple of months and Sam Darnold has reportedly found a way to do it in Indianapolis this week.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Darnold will not take part in throwing drills during the Scouting Combine. He is expected to throw at USC’s Pro Day workout on March 21 instead.
Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph are all expected to do the throwing drills in Indy. Lamar Jackson has not announced what he plans to do at this point.
There have been plenty of quarterbacks in the past who have passed on throwing at the combine in favor of working in familiar conditions and with familiar receivers at their schools. That trend has reversed in recent years, but it seems Darnold will not be part of that wave.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-sam-darnold-won-t-154931188.html
Report: Sam Darnold won’t throw in Indy
The top quarterback prospects in this year’s draft class will be looking for ways to differentiate themselves from one another over the next couple of months and Sam Darnold has reportedly found a way to do it in Indianapolis this week.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Darnold will not take part in throwing drills during the Scouting Combine. He is expected to throw at USC’s Pro Day workout on March 21 instead.
Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph are all expected to do the throwing drills in Indy. Lamar Jackson has not announced what he plans to do at this point.
There have been plenty of quarterbacks in the past who have passed on throwing at the combine in favor of working in familiar conditions and with familiar receivers at their schools. That trend has reversed in recent years, but it seems Darnold will not be part of that wave.
The combine and pro days are kind of a joke for QBs. If the game footage hasn't shown enough, seeing them throw to uncovered WRs while wearing shorts and a tshirt shouldn't tip the scale one way or the other.
-
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-sam-darnold-won-t-154931188.html
Report: Sam Darnold won’t throw in Indy
The top quarterback prospects in this year’s draft class will be looking for ways to differentiate themselves from one another over the next couple of months and Sam Darnold has reportedly found a way to do it in Indianapolis this week.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Darnold will not take part in throwing drills during the Scouting Combine. He is expected to throw at USC’s Pro Day workout on March 21 instead.
Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Mason Rudolph are all expected to do the throwing drills in Indy. Lamar Jackson has not announced what he plans to do at this point.
There have been plenty of quarterbacks in the past who have passed on throwing at the combine in favor of working in familiar conditions and with familiar receivers at their schools. That trend has reversed in recent years, but it seems Darnold will not be part of that wave.
The combine and pro days are kind of a joke for QBs. If the game footage hasn't shown enough, seeing them throw to uncovered WRs while wearing shorts and a tshirt shouldn't tip the scale one way or the other.
The combine and pro days are kind of a joke for QBs. If the game footage hasn't shown enough, seeing them throw to uncovered WRs while wearing shorts and a tshirt shouldn't tip the scale one way or the other.
Certainly hurt Bridgewater
-
Rosen denies he ever said anything about not wanting to go to the Browns.
-
The combine and pro days are kind of a joke for QBs. If the game footage hasn't shown enough, seeing them throw to uncovered WRs while wearing shorts and a tshirt shouldn't tip the scale one way or the other.
Certainly hurt Bridgewater
-
That is the thing. It can only hurt but really the game footage should be the most important component. No one should be helped by the undies olympics.
I think they're also assessing how fast they pick things up, and how they handle the pressure. Also get a better idea how the ball looks coming out of their hands
-
That is the thing. It can only hurt but really the game footage should be the most important component. No one should be helped by the undies olympics.
I think they're also assessing how fast they pick things up, and how they handle the pressure. Also get a better idea how the ball looks coming out of their hands
I think they're also assessing how fast they pick things up, and how they handle the pressure. Also get a better idea how the ball looks coming out of their hands
The interview and board work I get. But as far as throwing it, everyone should have a good idea of what they are looking at well before the combine or pro days. I would never pick a guy on what he did the day he threw against Casper the Friendly Ghost if the game footage told a totally different story.
-
Rosen denies he ever said anything about not wanting to go to the Browns.
Rosen denies he ever said anything about not wanting to go to the Browns.
I knew this was coming.
He gives well thought out answers to questions, and when snippets are taken out of context, it completely changes his message.
-
Rosen denies he ever said anything about not wanting to go to the Browns.
I knew this was coming.
He gives well thought out answers to questions, and when snippets are taken out of context, it completely changes his message.
I knew this was coming.
He gives well thought out answers to questions, and when snippets are taken out of context, it completely changes his message.
What he said was he'd rather go later in the draft to a good organization than higher in the draft to a bad one.
He's absolutely right.
-
I'm looking forward to seeing Rosen throw at the combines. There's no hurry in coming to a final opinion on the guy.
I'm being honest when I say I've seen a guy that was hyped up as the #1 QB coming out of high school. I've seen the ideal mechanics I've read about; but I've also seen him miss/overthrow some wide open targets that the great ones in the NFL complete routinely. I pointed this out in the first half of the video SD-Tom shared. 2 different guys broke open with no defenders between them and the end zone and he missed them both. When I'm hearing best QB in the country - that's where I expect to see that.
I've had season tickets to Vandy games. I remembered Jay Cutler becoming the SEC Player of the Year and all people asked was - what if he just had a defense? Well, in the NFL - it was pretty much the same story as early as Denver. A lot of big stats with no victories. He'll get you all those 340 yards and over passing days way easier than he'll get you victories on those days. What's missing? Teammates AGAIN? Really?
I'm looking forward to seeing Rosen throw at the combines. There's no hurry in coming to a final opinion on the guy.
I'm being honest when I say I've seen a guy that was hyped up as the #1 QB coming out of high school. I've seen the ideal mechanics I've read about; but I've also seen him miss/overthrow some wide open targets that the great ones in the NFL complete routinely. I pointed this out in the first half of the video SD-Tom shared. 2 different guys broke open with no defenders between them and the end zone and he missed them both. When I'm hearing best QB in the country - that's where I expect to see that.
I've had season tickets to Vandy games. I remembered Jay Cutler becoming the SEC Player of the Year and all people asked was - what if he just had a defense? Well, in the NFL - it was pretty much the same story as early as Denver. A lot of big stats with no victories. He'll get you all those 340 yards and over passing days way easier than he'll get you victories on those days. What's missing? Teammates AGAIN? Really?
Is Rosen throwing? I know Darnold isn't.
-
-
I'm looking forward to seeing Rosen throw at the combines. There's no hurry in coming to a final opinion on the guy.
I'm being honest when I say I've seen a guy that was hyped up as the #1 QB coming out of high school. I've seen the ideal mechanics I've read about; but I've also seen him miss/overthrow some wide open targets that the great ones in the NFL complete routinely. I pointed this out in the first half of the video SD-Tom shared. 2 different guys broke open with no defenders between them and the end zone and he missed them both. When I'm hearing best QB in the country - that's where I expect to see that.
I've had season tickets to Vandy games. I remembered Jay Cutler becoming the SEC Player of the Year and all people asked was - what if he just had a defense? Well, in the NFL - it was pretty much the same story as early as Denver. A lot of big stats with no victories. He'll get you all those 340 yards and over passing days way easier than he'll get you victories on those days. What's missing? Teammates AGAIN? Really?
Is Rosen throwing? I know Darnold isn't.
Is Rosen throwing? I know Darnold isn't.
Darnold I think is the only one who has said he hasn't as of now.
-
-
I knew this was coming.
He gives well thought out answers to questions, and when snippets are taken out of context, it completely changes his message.
What he said was he'd rather go later in the draft to a good organization than higher in the draft to a bad one.
He's absolutely right.
What he said was he'd rather go later in the draft to a good organization than higher in the draft to a bad one.
He's absolutely right.
From the article I posted somewhere on here :
But like all of Rosen’s answers, it came as part of a nuanced response to a question about where he’d prefer to go.
In it, the quarterback said he knows he has a unique personality and that it might not be the right fit for every team. If that means he goes later, then so be it, but he’s more concerned with going to the right place than the earliest place possible. Rosen also said that NFL teams would have a better idea than he would if his disposition works well for their organization.
-
There's a recent little article basically stating not to completely count out Deshone Kizer, and I do believe he's worth mentioning. Right now, we're all excited to know which veteran QB will be with us, and especially which rookie we're going to draft. But Deshone Kizer isn't going anywhere, and the article linked below goes into a few reasons why people shouldn't forget him. Kizer was mostly frustrating as hell to watch, and by all accounts, had a terrible season, but if we're being honest with ourselves, we know that he definitely played well enough to win a few games. Remember the Green Bay game where it was 3rd and 4 and he hit Njoku with a perfect pass that would've given us the 1st down and let us tick down the clock to around 30 seconds up 7? Njoku appeared to make the catch, but after review, the ball hit the ground. We didn't punt out of bounds, they ran all almost completely back, and titty-boom. We lose. How about that gutty Steelers game at the end? Thanks Corey Coleman. Remember Kenny Britt completely screwing Kizer over with drops and some lead to picks? Oh, and just LOOK at the bozos Kizer had to throw to, especially after Corey got hurt.
Never count out a man who believes in himself and is willing to work his butt off. I'm not a huge Kizer fan because I value accuracy, but even I know he was in an awful situation. I'd love a QB room consisting of Kizer, Baker Mayfield, and Case Keenum (or McCarron, or Sam Bradford).
-
Keenum showed me something that O'Brien never got out of him in Houston. What a difference a coach can make that plays to a player's strengths. Too bad we don't have a HC like that.
BTW rumors are out there that Keenum may be headed for Arizona.
-
Keenum showed me something that O'Brien never got out of him in Houston. What a difference a coach can make that plays to a player's strengths. Too bad we don't have a HC like that.
BTW rumors are out there that Keenum may be headed for Arizona.
Keenum showed me something that O'Brien never got out of him in Houston. What a difference a coach can make that plays to a player's strengths. Too bad we don't have a HC like that.
BTW rumors are out there that Keenum may be headed for Arizona.
Makes sense. I don't know if I would want Keenum throwing outdoors in Cleveland.
-
The big 4 and their weaknesses
-
Could end poorly.
Whats with these guys having their uncles and family as financial advisers and business partners?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login