2018 QB Class
-
Zombo said:
The easiest to coach: Ball Security.
Darnold is the leader in the clubhouse.
Zombo
Darnold is working with Carson Palmers brother to fix his long whine up in his mechcanics. Some say that is why Darnold/agent chose to not throw at Combine but to wait for his familiar WR's at Pro Day..Am holding that thought on Darnold till I see this new whined up..
-
-
The restaurant business is a big draw that looks like a cant miss.
The two happiest days in the restaurant biz are the grand opening and when you close the doors for good.
I have heard the same thing said about boats: 2d happiest day is when you buy it....only exceeded by the day you sell it.
And similar things have been said about Rental property.
I have been smart enough at least to avoid investing in all three.
I have heard the same thing said about boats: 2d happiest day is when you buy it....only exceeded by the day you sell it.
And similar things have been said about Rental property.
I have been smart enough at least to avoid investing in all three.
And an RV.....or so I've heard.
-
I have heard the same thing said about boats: 2d happiest day is when you buy it....only exceeded by the day you sell it.
And similar things have been said about Rental property.
I have been smart enough at least to avoid investing in all three.
And an RV.....or so I've heard.
-
And a boat...
We talked about a boat. The only issue there is if you need a bigger boat.
-
Measurements came in from the combine:
Lamar Jackson
6’2 1/4
216 lbs
Hand 9 1/2
Sam Darnold
6’3 3/8
221 lbs
Hand 9 3/8
Josh Rosen
6’4
226lbs
Hand 9 7/8
Baker Mayfield
6’0 5/8
215 lbs
Hand 9 1/4
-
Measurements came in from the combine:
Lamar Jackson
6’2 1/4
216 lbs
Hand 9 1/2
Sam Darnold
6’3 3/8
221 lbs
Hand 9 3/8
Josh Rosen
6’4
226lbs
Hand 9 7/8
Baker Mayfield
6’0 5/8
215 lbs
Hand 9 1/4
Measurements came in from the combine:
Lamar Jackson
6’2 1/4
216 lbs
Hand 9 1/2
Sam Darnold
6’3 3/8
221 lbs
Hand 9 3/8
Josh Rosen
6’4
226lbs
Hand 9 7/8
Baker Mayfield
6’0 5/8
215 lbs
Hand 9 1/4
Discussion about this on the radio this AM. Statment generally was that 9.5" hand size was expected minimum. Russell Wilson....even though he was only like 5'11" had a hand size over 10 inches.
So...now....where are these stats on Allen and Rudolph et al?
-
After some research....I found a very rare oddity: the two starting QBs with the largest hands.....at 10.25 inches each.....were Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.....who just happen to be like the two shortest starting QBs.
How odd is that?
Also, here is a chart from earlier years...not current...but interesting:

Edit....sorry about the size.
-
Here ya go
- Brett Favre (10⅜)
- E.J. Manuel (10⅜)
- Drew Brees (10 ¼)
- Russell Wilson (10 ¼)
- Tim Tebow (10⅛)
- Andrew Luck (10")
- Marcus Mariota (9⅞)
- Johnny Manziel (9 ⅞)
- Cam Newton (9⅞)
- Robert Griffin III (9 ½)
- Daunte Culpepper (9 ½)
- Andy Dalton (9½)
- Sam Bradford (9½)
- Aaron Rodgers (9⅜)
- Blake Bortles (9⅜)
- Jameis Winston (9⅜)
- Teddy Twatwater (9¼)
-
With Rogers @ 9 3/8 that kind of throws out the 9 1/2 min. myth.
-
With Rogers @ 9 3/8 that kind of throws out the 9 1/2 min. myth.
With Rogers @ 9 3/8 that kind of throws out the 9 1/2 min. myth.
Well....it is just an optimal thing....not a hard fast rule by any means.
I think Michael Vick had only 8.5 inch hands. Alex Smith I think is the same.
Here is an article on hand size...and why supposedly it has some importance to NFL teams.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/02/22/why-quarterback-hand-size-matters-to-nfl.html
And..What about Allen and Rudolph and others? Here are some stats from the Senior Bowl:
Hand sizes of Senior Bowl QBs:
Josh Allen: 10 1/8
Luke Falk: 9 3/8
Tanner Lee: 10 1/8
Kurt Benkert: 9 5/8
Kyle Lauletta: 9 5/8
Mason Rudolph: 9 1/8* won’t play
Brandon Silvers 9 1/8
Mike White: 9 3/8 -
UCLA QB Josh Rosen measured with 9 7/8-inch hands at the combine on Thursday, while Louisville QB Lamar Jackson's measured 9 1/2 inches. Wyoming's Josh Allen had the biggest hand measurement at 10 1/8 inches. Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield had one of the smallest hands among combine QBs with a measurement of 9 1/4 inches.
In a combine preview, Jeremiah noted scouting concern that Darnold's hands were on the small side, contributing to a high turnover rate in his junior and final season at USC.
Darnold has elected not to throw at the combine this week, so clubs won't have a chance to evaluate him live as a passer until his March 21 pro day
-
Jared Goff - 9 inches
Paxton Lynch - 10 1/4 inchesSo...what do these two above tell us? Hmm?
Patrick Mahomes - 9 1/4 inches
Mitchell Trubisky - 9 1/2 inches
Deshaun Watson - 9 3/4 inches
Carson Wentz - 10 inche -
Jonah Adam Falcon (born July 29, 1970) is an American actor and television presenter. He came to national attention in 1999 over the size of his penis, reported to be the largest on record at 13.5 inches (34 cm) long when erect.
(No word about the size of his hands)
-
-
-
Zombo said:
The easiest to coach: Ball Security.
Darnold is the leader in the clubhouse.
Zombo
Darnold is working with Carson Palmers brother to fix his long whine up in his mechcanics. Some say that is why Darnold/agent chose to not throw at Combine but to wait for his familiar WR's at Pro Day..Am holding that thought on Darnold till I see this new whined up..
Darnold is working with Carson Palmers brother to fix his long whine up in his mechcanics. Some say that is why Darnold/agent chose to not throw at Combine but to wait for his familiar WR's at Pro Day..Am holding that thought on Darnold till I see this new whined up..
Jordan Palmer also worked with DeShaun Watson last year. It looked like he did a great job!
-
-
I'm looking forward to seeing Rosen throw at the combines. There's no hurry in coming to a final opinion on the guy.
I'm being honest when I say I've seen a guy that was hyped up as the #1 QB coming out of high school. I've seen the ideal mechanics I've read about; but I've also seen him miss/overthrow some wide open targets that the great ones in the NFL complete routinely. I pointed this out in the first half of the video SD-Tom shared. 2 different guys broke open with no defenders between them and the end zone and he missed them both. When I'm hearing best QB in the country - that's where I expect to see that.
I've had season tickets to Vandy games. I remembered Jay Cutler becoming the SEC Player of the Year and all people asked was - what if he just had a defense? Well, in the NFL - it was pretty much the same story as early as Denver. A lot of big stats with no victories. He'll get you all those 340 yards and over passing days way easier than he'll get you victories on those days. What's missing? Teammates AGAIN? Really?
Is Rosen throwing? I know Darnold isn't.
Is Rosen throwing? I know Darnold isn't.
Yes, Rosen is throwing. Stock up! If you don't believe in yourself - who will?
Darnold is not. Stock down! Yeah, I know he's working with the same guy (Jordan Palmer) that worked with DeShaun Watson for ideal results. However, Watson still participated in the combines and it went well enough for a team to trade up to #12 overall to take him. He's going to get interviewed by interested team so he can tell them "hey I've recently altered some mechanics so I'm not quite where I want to be just yet; but I LOVE to compete so here I am. Having said that, I hope you'll notice some progress when you see me again at my Pro Day." Or, something to that effect. Believe in yourself kid!
IMO, this is an ideal chance to compete especially considering Darnold's 2017 troubles with pocket pressure with the fumbles. Here's the chance to throw with no pass rushers challenging mechanics, time to throw and ball security. Even better, there's no corners messing up routes or throws. Take advantage of these goodies in front of people that may want to invest in you. Show them what you'd be like with reasonable pass pro and WRs that can actually get open.
The drills are just specified drops/roll-outs and throw to an area. Last year, the best 2 QBs by far on those quick out throws were Watson and Trubisky. They also looked best overall to me. They were my 1A and 1B last year. That said, I usually found myself defending Watson to people that only liked Trubisky. I'll say this again this year - you don't have to like just 1 QB or prematurely entrench yourself into 1 QB camp 6-8 weeks before the combines. Not to sound like Bart Simpson giving advice on etiquette...
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login