2018 QB Class
-
Always find Pluto reads to be among the best...
This point jumped out at me. I've read so much here and other places about how inferior the talent around Allen was... how his completion percentage suffered due to drops, etc. Turns out not-so-much...
" 10. Profootballfocus reported Allen had only 12 passes dropped at Wyoming last season. By contrast, UCLA's Josh Rosen had 34 passes dropped, Mayfield had 28 and Darnold had 18. So Allen's low completion percentage was not due to guys dropping balls."
Pluto is great.. I miss Hal Lebovits.. He was a thousand times better.....
Pluto is great.. I miss Hal Lebovits.. He was a thousand times better.....
Damn... had not thought of Hal in forever. Yes... used to love his reads.
Then there was Dan "The Sock" Coughlin... the 60's/70's version of Tony Grossi.
Just curious Bob, but why do you feel Rosen needs to play in a dome?
Imma guess "hot tub"... Let me know if I win.
-
Quinn = Rosen.
Brady Quinn a 62% rate.
Johnny Football had a 70% completion rate.
No one ever said that completion percentage guaranteed success. But an inaccurate college QB is only going to get more inaccurate in the NFL.
No one ever said that completion percentage guaranteed success. But an inaccurate college QB is only going to get more inaccurate in the NFL.
Not true Mathew Stafford was a big arm inaccurate qb coming out of college. Similar to Allen. Stafford had accuracy problems his first 6 years he didn't complete 60%. The last 3 years he's been around 66% a year. A QB can be coached to be more accurate. They're very similar players except Allen is more mobile and Staffords arm is a little stronger.
-
How many times do we have to go over this?
Allen attempted 270 @ 56% completions
Rosen attempted 452 @ 62% completions.
Allen needs to complete 6 more passes per 100 to be equal with Rosen. Ridiculous.
Allens O line sucked. He was under constant pressure. You guys act like Allen is a pitcher up on the mound with a lousy era.
If only... well he didn't. Go watch an entire game of his Boo, and get back to me... Lousy ERA? More like a flame throwing pitcher who can't find the strike zone on a regular basis.
We've been through all the outliers who significantly improved their completion % in the pros. The odds are against Allen doing so. Our wildly inconsistent Deshone Kizer actually had a better completion percentage than Allen in college- and now some guys want to draft his clone? No thanks.
If only... well he didn't. Go watch an entire game of his Boo, and get back to me... Lousy ERA? More like a flame throwing pitcher who can't find the strike zone on a regular basis.
We've been through all the outliers who significantly improved their completion % in the pros. The odds are against Allen doing so. Our wildly inconsistent Deshone Kizer actually had a better completion percentage than Allen in college- and now some guys want to draft his clone? No thanks.
Kizer had one of the best OL in college history. He had a lot more talent around him. His college coach even said he wasn't NFL ready. The schemes are completely different also. Do some research on Kelly's scheme vs Brett Vigens. Kelly runs more of a West Coast Offense. Shorter passes with less risk. Wyoming also runs a variant of the WCO, but they stretch the field Air Coryell style. They also rolled Allen out a lot because the OL was bad.
-
Just curious Bob, but why do you feel Rosen needs to play in a dome?
The kid shoots his mouth off too much. He longs for the NY Giants...no way he survives NYC or the NFC East weather.
Indy sits 3rd, with a "hot candidate" coach in McDaniels. He'll supposedly get a great offensive system and play indoors 8 games a season.
He reminds me of John Elway, Eli Manning. Trying to dictate his future. He's fragile, put him in a dome, and see if he lives up to the lofty expectations. He doesn't want Cleveland, so heck with him.
-
Just curious Bob, but why do you feel Rosen needs to play in a dome?
The kid shoots his mouth off too much. He longs for the NY Giants...no way he survives NYC or the NFC East weather.
Indy sits 3rd, with a "hot candidate" coach in McDaniels. He'll supposedly get a great offensive system and play indoors 8 games a season.
He reminds me of John Elway, Eli Manning. Trying to dictate his future. He's fragile, put him in a dome, and see if he lives up to the lofty expectations. He doesn't want Cleveland, so heck with him.
The kid shoots his mouth off too much. He longs for the NY Giants...no way he survives NYC or the NFC East weather.
Indy sits 3rd, with a "hot candidate" coach in McDaniels. He'll supposedly get a great offensive system and play indoors 8 games a season.
He reminds me of John Elway, Eli Manning. Trying to dictate his future. He's fragile, put him in a dome, and see if he lives up to the lofty expectations. He doesn't want Cleveland, so heck with him.
So basically you have no reason... got it.
-
The kid shoots his mouth off too much. He longs for the NY Giants...no way he survives NYC or the NFC East weather.
Indy sits 3rd, with a "hot candidate" coach in McDaniels. He'll supposedly get a great offensive system and play indoors 8 games a season.
He reminds me of John Elway, Eli Manning. Trying to dictate his future. He's fragile, put him in a dome, and see if he lives up to the lofty expectations. He doesn't want Cleveland, so heck with him.
So basically you have no reason... got it.
So basically you have no reason... got it.
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
-
So basically you have no reason... got it.
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
I was kind of expecting a more concrete reason why you thought he needed to play in a dome, such as you think he has a mediocre arm, or that he has small hands (which would hinder a QB in poor weather, and to be able to get enough zip on the ball to throw spirals in wet or windy weather). Instead, your response was a bit vague... just seemed like "I don't like him so he must be a pussy who can't play in bad weather" type of answer.
The list of QBs who come from warm weather areas who thrived in the NFL in cold weather cities is an impressively long one. I also don't think he's the most "sturdy" of QBs, but I don't think weather has anything to do with it. His injury history/body build is the reason I still haven't gone all-in on him, even if I do think he's the best QB in this class, especially from Day 1.
-
So basically you have no reason... got it.
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
Hang in there, Bob. That is the old "Lord of the Flies" syndrome that peaks around this forum once in a while. If certain hostile wannabe alpha males can intimidate and squelch differing opinions, they relish the chance. The rest of us just love talking football.
I have some dumb opinions, if I can't back em up, I try to change em. I'm happy with any qb in the draft the Browns take - and they won't take Rosen the reason you mentioned being a primary reason. Rudolph, Mayfield, Allen, Tour's guy Benkirt, sp?, Mike White, etc etc, have the kind of tough mental makeup to play in the snow. A fighter, a guy his teammates rally around.
-
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
Hang in there, Bob. That is the old "Lord of the Flies" syndrome that peaks around this forum once in a while. If certain hostile wannabe alpha males can intimidate and squelch differing opinions, they relish the chance. The rest of us just love talking football.
I have some dumb opinions, if I can't back em up, I try to change em. I'm happy with any qb in the draft the Browns take - and they won't take Rosen the reason you mentioned being a primary reason. Rudolph, Mayfield, Allen, Tour's guy Benkirt, sp?, Mike White, etc etc, have the kind of tough mental makeup to play in the snow. A fighter, a guy his teammates rally around.
Hang in there, Bob. That is the old "Lord of the Flies" syndrome that peaks around this forum once in a while. If certain hostile wannabe alpha males can intimidate and squelch differing opinions, they relish the chance. The rest of us just love talking football.
Settle down, Princess.
-
Hang in there, Bob. That is the old "Lord of the Flies" syndrome that peaks around this forum once in a while. If certain hostile wannabe alpha males can intimidate and squelch differing opinions, they relish the chance. The rest of us just love talking football.
Settle down, Princess.
Settle down, Princess.
yes you want attention more than some others. have a nice day, and if you can't back your opinions up, then perhaps you should
stop and think about that.
-
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
I was kind of expecting a more concrete reason why you thought he needed to play in a dome, such as you think he has a mediocre arm, or that he has small hands (which would hinder a QB in poor weather, and to be able to get enough zip on the ball to throw spirals in wet or windy weather). Instead, your response was a bit vague... just seemed like "I don't like him so he must be a pussy who can't play in bad weather" type of answer.
The list of QBs who come from warm weather areas who thrived in the NFL in cold weather cities is an impressively long one. I also don't think he's the most "sturdy" of QBs, but I don't think weather has anything to do with it. His injury history/body build is the reason I still haven't gone all-in on him, even if I do think he's the best QB in this class, especially from Day 1.
The list of QBs who come from warm weather areas who thrived in the NFL in cold weather cities is an impressively long one. I also don't think he's the most "sturdy" of QBs, but I don't think weather has anything to do with it. His injury history/body build is the reason I still haven't gone all-in on him, even if I do think he's the best QB in this class, especially from Day 1.
All you need to succeed as a QB in cold weather.
-
" 10. Profootballfocus reported Allen had only 12 passes dropped at Wyoming last season. By contrast, UCLA's Josh Rosen had 34 passes dropped, Mayfield had 28 and Darnold had 18. So Allen's low completion percentage was not due to guys dropping balls."
How many times do we have to go over this?
Allen attempted 270 @ 56% completions
Rosen attempted 452 @ 62% completions.
Allen needs to complete 6 more passes per 100 to be equal with Rosen. Ridiculous.
Allens O line sucked. He was under constant pressure. You guys act like Allen is a pitcher up on the mound with a lousy era.
Until you understand it?
First... love you picking 270, his 2017 attempt total when he threw 373 times in 2016 with the same completion percentage... 56%. #Samplesizematters...
Only 6 per 100... lol... Makes it sound so easy doesn't it? Just magically turn 16 incompletions in to completions. Doesn't work that way...
How easy does a string of 40 for 40 sound? That is what Allen would have to add to 152 completions in 270 attempts to come out on the other side with a 62% completion rate.
It's called Algebra...
But if you want to wish away incompletions then let's start with all the drops... for every QB.
That's adds 4 points plus change to Allen's completion percentage.
How much would it add to Rosen's?
Until you understand it?
First... love you picking 270, his 2017 attempt total when he threw 373 times in 2016 with the same completion percentage... 56%. #Samplesizematters...
Only 6 per 100... lol... Makes it sound so easy doesn't it? Just magically turn 16 incompletions in to completions. Doesn't work that way...
How easy does a string of 40 for 40 sound? That is what Allen would have to add to 152 completions in 270 attempts to come out on the other side with a 62% completion rate.
It's called Algebra...
But if you want to wish away incompletions then let's start with all the drops... for every QB.
That's adds 4 points plus change to Allen's completion percentage.
How much would it add to Rosen's?
You love splitting peas.
Some team will be wise and draft Allen and develop him into a stud. Probably the Steelers.
-
So basically you have no reason... got it.
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
Well stated.
Rosen is a nobody who thinks that he walks on water. Fans waiting in line for hours to perform fellatio like Tour. Rosen will be another no balls excuse maker like Andy Luck just watch. Always needing that next piece of the puzzle to deliver. A Bust.
-
Until you understand it?
First... love you picking 270, his 2017 attempt total when he threw 373 times in 2016 with the same completion percentage... 56%. #Samplesizematters...
Only 6 per 100... lol... Makes it sound so easy doesn't it? Just magically turn 16 incompletions in to completions. Doesn't work that way...
How easy does a string of 40 for 40 sound? That is what Allen would have to add to 152 completions in 270 attempts to come out on the other side with a 62% completion rate.
It's called Algebra...
But if you want to wish away incompletions then let's start with all the drops... for every QB.
That's adds 4 points plus change to Allen's completion percentage.
How much would it add to Rosen's?
You love splitting peas.
Some team will be wise and draft Allen and develop him into a stud. Probably the Steelers.
Some team will be wise and draft Allen and let him linger on the bench before finally cutting. Hopefully the Steelers.
FIFY

-
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/01/cleveland_browns_terrys_talkin_2.html
WSS
I think the one thing that popped out to me in the article was...
"Dorsey is not a big fan of analytics."
So how well is this guy going to work with the DePodesta's of the world?
-
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/01/cleveland_browns_terrys_talkin_2.html
WSS
I think the one thing that popped out to me in the article was...
"Dorsey is not a big fan of analytics."
So how well is this guy going to work with the DePodesta's of the world?
I think the one thing that popped out to me in the article was...
"Dorsey is not a big fan of analytics."
So how well is this guy going to work with the DePodesta's of the world?
It depends. He will have to be very clear as to how much cream and or sugar he wants in his coffee when instructing mr. Depodesta.
WSS
-
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
I was kind of expecting a more concrete reason why you thought he needed to play in a dome, such as you think he has a mediocre arm, or that he has small hands (which would hinder a QB in poor weather, and to be able to get enough zip on the ball to throw spirals in wet or windy weather). Instead, your response was a bit vague... just seemed like "I don't like him so he must be a pussy who can't play in bad weather" type of answer.
The list of QBs who come from warm weather areas who thrived in the NFL in cold weather cities is an impressively long one. I also don't think he's the most "sturdy" of QBs, but I don't think weather has anything to do with it. His injury history/body build is the reason I still haven't gone all-in on him, even if I do think he's the best QB in this class, especially from Day 1.
I was kind of expecting a more concrete reason why you thought he needed to play in a dome, such as you think he has a mediocre arm, or that he has small hands (which would hinder a QB in poor weather, and to be able to get enough zip on the ball to throw spirals in wet or windy weather). Instead, your response was a bit vague... just seemed like "I don't like him so he must be a pussy who can't play in bad weather" type of answer.
The list of QBs who come from warm weather areas who thrived in the NFL in cold weather cities is an impressively long one. I also don't think he's the most "sturdy" of QBs, but I don't think weather has anything to do with it. His injury history/body build is the reason I still haven't gone all-in on him, even if I do think he's the best QB in this class, especially from Day 1.
List of warm weather QBs that went north and did well:
Tom Brady...from San Mateo Cal....to Michigan and New England
Brett Favre...from Southern Mississippi....to Green Bay
Peyton Manning...from New Orleans/Tenn...to Indy (though, yes, that was a dome)
Bart Starr...from Alabama to Green Bay
Eli Manning...from New Orleans/Ole Miss to New York
Carson Palmer...from So Cal to Cincinnati
Fran Tarkenton...from Georgia to Minnesota...before they had a dome!
Aaron Rodgers....from San Francisco Bay to Green Bay
Jim Kelly....sort of.....while from Western Pa....went to school in Miami.....then played in Houston...to Buffalo
Y.A. Tittle...from LSU to New York
Brian Sipe....from San Diego to Cleveland.
-
No one ever said that completion percentage guaranteed success. But an inaccurate college QB is only going to get more inaccurate in the NFL.
Not true Mathew Stafford was a big arm inaccurate qb coming out of college. Similar to Allen. Stafford had accuracy problems his first 6 years he didn't complete 60%. The last 3 years he's been around 66% a year. A QB can be coached to be more accurate. They're very similar players except Allen is more mobile and Staffords arm is a little stronger.
Not true Mathew Stafford was a big arm inaccurate qb coming out of college. Similar to Allen. Stafford had accuracy problems his first 6 years he didn't complete 60%. The last 3 years he's been around 66% a year. A QB can be coached to be more accurate. They're very similar players except Allen is more mobile and Staffords arm is a little stronger.
True as far as your analysis goes, but one thing Stafford did do in college that Allen did not was show progress.
Allen's successive two years as starter were 56.0 and 56.3% completion. Stafford's were 52.7, 55.7 and 61.4%. Stafford demonstrated the capacity to improve... geometrically.
Not sure about your mobility comparison. I don't remember what Matt was like at UGA, but he's been pretty nifty in Detroit. His Combine 40 was close to Allen's currently listed times. Matt's 3-cone time was a very respectable 7.06. As far as I know Josh hasn't run one, but will I presume in a few weeks.
you love spliting peas.
I'll take that as a concession for my math over whatever you were doing.
That said... I do make a mean split pea soup.
-
Wow. Look, I know we're all a bit fiesty waiting for our team to turn around, but it's just my opinion he will not last in a northern/northeast climate. I said he's fragile. A dome may help the kid, plain and simple.
I take it you want him in Cleveland. I wouldn't take somebody who has reservations about the Browns. A leader looks to lead, establish greatness and embrace a challenge.
This is why I shy away from our forum's draft threads. Should have never commented.
Well stated.
Rosen is a nobody who thinks that he walks on water. Fans waiting in line for hours to perform fellatio like Tour. Rosen will be another no balls excuse maker like Andy Luck just watch. Always needing that next piece of the puzzle to deliver. A Bust.
Rosen is a nobody who thinks that he walks on water. Fans waiting in line for hours to perform fellatio like Tour.
So.... your bag is officially empty?
-
Rosen is a nobody who thinks that he walks on water. Fans waiting in line for hours to perform fellatio like Tour.
So.... your bag is officially empty?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login