Skip to content

2018 QB Class

The Browns Board
309 36 10.9k
  • actually that is simple - the first three games were vs far superior defenses than the talent on his offense.

    The second three - his offense was competitive in skill, and he led them to wins. Nobody is an altar boy. But Flugels wallows in the same rosenbum mire - stats don't tell the whole story.

    For instance:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580349-why-i-drafted-jay-cutler-and-what-happened-from-there

    "But then there's something we only recently began using called the "Human Resource Tactics" test, which gauges various aspects of a player's character makeup. Cutler's "Mental Quickness" score is off the charts. Two other numbers are not. His "Self Confidence" score is average. It should be higher than that. His "Focus and Social Maturity" score is worrisome. "

    I would say Allen has excellent Self Confidence and Focus and Social Maturity. Cutler lacked those to a serious degree - actually, rosenbum sounds very much like Cutler in that regard - poor social maturity/arrogant/not a leader.

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

  • In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.

    As usual, you've cherry-picked what fits what you are saying and disregard what doesn't fit.

    He's not a mature individual, regardless of how you want to ignore his character flaws but drone on about Rosen's....

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

  • @calfoxwc said:

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.

    As usual, you've cherry-picked what fits what you are saying and disregard what doesn't fit.

    He's not a mature individual, regardless of how you want to ignore his character flaws but drone on about Rosen's....

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

    @nero said:

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

  • @nero said:

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

    People hating each other over a 0-16 team doesn't make a helluva story either...

  • In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

    @calfoxwc said:

    In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

    @flugel said:

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

    People hating each other over a 0-16 team doesn't make a helluva story either...

    @nero said:

    People hating each other over a 0-16 team doesn't make a helluva story either...

    Oh god just think if they were 8-8! (sorry I couldn't resist this little mud bath 😆)

  • Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    @boo-fagley said:

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    And he won the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore, sucks? They just don't have a raffle for those I think.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    @boo-fagley said:

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

  • Just like last year getting close to the draft and Johnny Shmuckstain trying to become relevant again 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

    Brady, Brees and Farve all improved.  All will be 1st ballot HOFers.

    Yeah, but Im comparing Josh Allen to the best. Yup, exactly!

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

    Brady, Brees and Farve all improved.  All will be 1st ballot HOFers.

    Yeah, but Im comparing Josh Allen to the best. Yup, exactly!

    @boo-fagley said:

    Brady, Brees and Farve all improved.  All will be 1st ballot HOFers.

    Yeah, but Im comparing Josh Allen to the best. Yup, exactly!

    They did the same with Jamarcus Russell.

  • @flugel said:

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

    @calfoxwc said:

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

    I said I didn't think Josh Allen is a top 3 QB - still don't.

    If you want a QB that is over 6'4" that can also run, that has a strong arm but isn't accurate - we already have that guy (DeShone Kizer).  And he wasn't drafted within the 1st 4 picks of the draft. That said, he threw a lot more than 16 TD passes against better corners in his last year of college football.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

    I said I didn't think Josh Allen is a top 3 QB - still don't.

    If you want a QB that is over 6'4" that can also run, that has a strong arm but isn't accurate - we already have that guy (DeShone Kizer).  And he wasn't drafted within the 1st 4 picks of the draft. That said, he threw a lot more than 16 TD passes against better corners in his last year of college football.

    @flugel said:

    I said I didn't think Josh Allen is a top 3 QB - still don't.

    If you want a QB that is over 6'4" that can also run, that has a strong arm but isn't accurate - we already have that guy (DeShone Kizer).  And he wasn't drafted within the 1st 4 picks of the draft. That said, he threw a lot more than 16 TD passes against better corners in his last year of college football.

    This is what I don't understand.  It's not like we didn't just watch an entire season of Josh Kizer...I mean Deshone Allen....no..I mean..whatever...they're the same guy with the same inaccuracy issues.  One is white...one is black.   I'm sure they're both extremely nice guys and will work hard and try really hard and want to be the QB that turns around the Browns franchise.  But neither one of them is good enough to do it. 

  • @flugel said:

    I said I didn't think Josh Allen is a top 3 QB - still don't.

    If you want a QB that is over 6'4" that can also run, that has a strong arm but isn't accurate - we already have that guy (DeShone Kizer).  And he wasn't drafted within the 1st 4 picks of the draft. That said, he threw a lot more than 16 TD passes against better corners in his last year of college football.

    This is what I don't understand.  It's not like we didn't just watch an entire season of Josh Kizer...I mean Deshone Allen....no..I mean..whatever...they're the same guy with the same inaccuracy issues.  One is white...one is black.   I'm sure they're both extremely nice guys and will work hard and try really hard and want to be the QB that turns around the Browns franchise.  But neither one of them is good enough to do it. 

    @mark-o said:

    This is what I don't understand.  It's not like we didn't just watch an entire season of Josh Kizer...I mean Deshone Allen....no..I mean..whatever...they're the same guy with the same inaccuracy issues.  One is white...one is black.   I'm sure they're both extremely nice guys and will work hard and try really hard and want to be the QB that turns around the Browns franchise.  But neither one of them is good enough to do it. 

    And Kizer was taken with, what, the 52nd overall pick? There's people on this board that are suggesting the Browns use the #1 or #4 overall pick on a project like Allen. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

    I said I didn't think Josh Allen is a top 3 QB - still don't.

    If you want a QB that is over 6'4" that can also run, that has a strong arm but isn't accurate - we already have that guy (DeShone Kizer).  And he wasn't drafted within the 1st 4 picks of the draft. That said, he threw a lot more than 16 TD passes against better corners in his last year of college football.

    @flugel said:

    I said I didn't think Josh Allen is a top 3 QB - still don't.

    If you want a QB that is over 6'4" that can also run, that has a strong arm but isn't accurate - we already have that guy (DeShone Kizer).  And he wasn't drafted within the 1st 4 picks of the draft. That said, he threw a lot more than 16 TD passes against better corners in his last year of college football.

    That's dumb. Kizer doesn't love the game, has no fire and only looks at one third of the field, on every play. It's all he can do. He has serious limitations that I don't see with Allen. I never once said he was a finished product. Aaron Rodgers wasn't a finished product. Your and hoorta's josh rosenbum isn't a top three - despite his glowing stats. He's a prick who doesn't fit the lockerroom or the community. And your Darnold guy - all those fumbles? how the heck hard is it to teach fundamentals to him? and the throwing motion - I've seen better throwing motions by shot putters.

       I'm actually wondering - I watched the State Farm college all-star competition, and rosenbum won the accuracy contest by two seconds. But on the long moving throws, he completely missed the target once, and hit the very bottom of the other one.

      Mike White hit both - nailed both of them - hit the bullseye flat out on one. His two years at W. Kentucky - he had the very high completion percentages, very strong arm, can also run.  He's 6'4", 225 .....I don't see the great advantage of Mayfield over White - I wouldn't blame the Browns if they trade out of that top pick, draft Minkah, and later draft an immediate starter/dramatic impact player (not a qb), and draft Mike White with their first pick in the second round. White is really, really impressive.

    after the combine, I won't be too surprised if he was gone in the late first round.

    If all you can do is talk about Kizer, you are missing the boat. Have a nice daisies.