Skip to content

The Duke

The Browns Board
27 8 887
  • I would also like to state that our football has never been close to New England or to the hands of any member of the Patriots' organization 😆

  • You have Fix-A-Flat in Spain? 😆

  • I think if you take it to a beach on Majorca, you can ask one of those bikini clad women there to blow it up for you. Whether you take the football with you as a prop is totally up to you.😛

  • wheres the hiss,valve? a small amount of Fix a flat does work (don't let puddle inside than harden.. it will lop side ball when tossed)..I had to take some water seal pipe line tape to get needle to fit cans cap. will seal seams maybe not valve(have not tried). Toss that rock till all liquid inside all seals to inter walls...needs to hold some air at first. than maybe 3-4 pumps of spray..don't over inflate at first, chemical gases sealing will cause fast inflation.some sticky sealant may bubble to outside ball(good) duct tape bubbling spot, & toss till inside is dry. remove tape & sticky outside ball will clean off.good luck ..    

  • Yes a shot of fix-a-flat will do the job....but the bikini fix sounds better and leave the football on the shelf at home with the official NFL Tom Brady deflated model. 😆

  • You have Fix-A-Flat in Spain? 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    You have Fix-A-Flat in Spain? 😆

    The 'foam used to repair bike tyres' I mentioned is probably the same kind of product of fix-a-flat. I'll check similarities and will try it out.

  • The funny thing is I was totally joking when I suggested FAF, but after posting I looked up how to fix a football and this video was the first thing I found!

  • Unique Sports Ball Doctor Leak Puncture Flat Fix Repair Kit, Basketball Football

    • Picture 1 of 4
    • Picture 2 of 4
    • Picture 3 of 4
    • Picture 4 of 4
    • Unique Sports Ball Doctor Leak Puncture Flat Fix Repair Kit, Basketball Football
    •  
    •  
    •  

    $5.52 Free Shipping

    List price $11.95 Save 53%
    Get it by Monday, Feb 12 from Federal Way, Washington
    • • New condition
    • • Returns accepted - 60 days money back or replacement
    Ball Doctor seals leaks and punctures in all valve inflatable balls without a bladder????. Simply insert the syringe tip into the ball valve and depress the plunger. Then pump up the air pressure, bounce the ball vigorously for several minutes, and its ready to play!.

    fxxj3ttftm5ltcqnto1o4baovyl.png

  • After exaustive study and further review I'd try fix-a-flat.

  • Just curious Nero - but how difficult would it be in Spain to go to a store and buy a (American) football?

    Does anyone play baseball in Spain? I'd love to see baseball spread in Europe too.

  • Just curious Nero - but how difficult would it be in Spain to go to a store and buy a (American) football?

    Does anyone play baseball in Spain? I'd love to see baseball spread in Europe too.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just curious Nero - but how difficult would it be in Spain to go to a store and buy a (American) football?

    Does anyone play baseball in Spain? I'd love to see baseball spread in Europe too.

    **Baseball is more popular than american football, or at least more people know about it  and play it (maybe more people watch NFL than play baseball, though) **EDITED In Pamplona there are 2 teams that I know of, and a friend of mine helped instauring kind of a farm system in one of them, which belongs to a highschool (but has a professional team).

    I have never tried buying an american football. I have an aunt in Austin who sent that ball as a present to my brother. In big cities it shouldn't be a problem, though. And there are many rugby teams everywhere so a rugby ball is easily found (idk how similar they really are, I'm not into rugby). 

    Anyway, either sports are minor in Spain. Football, basketball, hand ball, tennis or even motor sports could be considered in the top of the charts.

    EDIT: I would add that both american football and baseball have a huge turnoff for the european viewers: the lenght of the matches. Only tennis takes longer but it could be said that it has a bigger "playing time". In America all that time is filled with replays, commercials, kisscams, hot dogs and whatsoever, whereas here we have a different mindset, and there's always something happening, although it might not be as explosive or important in the end of the game.

    Being both an american and european football fan, I understand both sides: I have to change my mindset whenever I switch from one sport to the other because of difference on the timing in the actions.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just curious Nero - but how difficult would it be in Spain to go to a store and buy a (American) football?

    Does anyone play baseball in Spain? I'd love to see baseball spread in Europe too.

    **Baseball is more popular than american football, or at least more people know about it  and play it (maybe more people watch NFL than play baseball, though) **EDITED In Pamplona there are 2 teams that I know of, and a friend of mine helped instauring kind of a farm system in one of them, which belongs to a highschool (but has a professional team).

    I have never tried buying an american football. I have an aunt in Austin who sent that ball as a present to my brother. In big cities it shouldn't be a problem, though. And there are many rugby teams everywhere so a rugby ball is easily found (idk how similar they really are, I'm not into rugby). 

    Anyway, either sports are minor in Spain. Football, basketball, hand ball, tennis or even motor sports could be considered in the top of the charts.

    EDIT: I would add that both american football and baseball have a huge turnoff for the european viewers: the lenght of the matches. Only tennis takes longer but it could be said that it has a bigger "playing time". In America all that time is filled with replays, commercials, kisscams, hot dogs and whatsoever, whereas here we have a different mindset, and there's always something happening, although it might not be as explosive or important in the end of the game.

    Being both an american and european football fan, I understand both sides: I have to change my mindset whenever I switch from one sport to the other because of difference on the timing in the actions.

    @nero said:

    Baseball is more popular than american football. In Pamplona there are 2 teams that I know of, and a friend of mine helped instauring kind of a farm system in one of them, which belongs to a highschool (but has a professional team).

    I have never tried buying an american football. I have an aunt in Austin who sent that ball as a present to my brother. In big cities it shouldn't be a problem, though. And there are many rugby teams everywhere so a rugby ball is easily found (idk how similar they really are, I'm not into rugby). 

    Anyway, either sports are minor in Spain. Football, basketball, hand ball, tennis or even motor sports could be considered in the top of the charts.

    I believe a rugby ball is shorter and fatter than an American football, so throwing it around would be tougher.

    American footballs 100 years ago probably resembled rugby balls now. It was streamlined to make it easier to throw.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You have Fix-A-Flat in Spain? 😆

    The 'foam used to repair bike tyres' I mentioned is probably the same kind of product of fix-a-flat. I'll check similarities and will try it out.

    @nero said:

    The 'foam used to repair bike tyres' I mentioned is probably the same kind of product of fix-a-flat. I'll check similarities and will try it out.

    You spell tires with an I?    As a guy from the tire making capital of the world  (or used to be)....home of Goodyear/Firstone/BF Goodrich/General Tire.......Akron, Ohio that is.....I must admonish you about that spelling.

    1200px-FirestoneCountryClub.jpg

  • 73fa368cf0912b1021ab07ea416ff05b--akron-

    The building just under the blimp on the right....that looks like silos...is were I spent my wedding night.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just curious Nero - but how difficult would it be in Spain to go to a store and buy a (American) football?

    Does anyone play baseball in Spain? I'd love to see baseball spread in Europe too.

    **Baseball is more popular than american football, or at least more people know about it  and play it (maybe more people watch NFL than play baseball, though) **EDITED In Pamplona there are 2 teams that I know of, and a friend of mine helped instauring kind of a farm system in one of them, which belongs to a highschool (but has a professional team).

    I have never tried buying an american football. I have an aunt in Austin who sent that ball as a present to my brother. In big cities it shouldn't be a problem, though. And there are many rugby teams everywhere so a rugby ball is easily found (idk how similar they really are, I'm not into rugby). 

    Anyway, either sports are minor in Spain. Football, basketball, hand ball, tennis or even motor sports could be considered in the top of the charts.

    EDIT: I would add that both american football and baseball have a huge turnoff for the european viewers: the lenght of the matches. Only tennis takes longer but it could be said that it has a bigger "playing time". In America all that time is filled with replays, commercials, kisscams, hot dogs and whatsoever, whereas here we have a different mindset, and there's always something happening, although it might not be as explosive or important in the end of the game.

    Being both an american and european football fan, I understand both sides: I have to change my mindset whenever I switch from one sport to the other because of difference on the timing in the actions.

    @nero said:

    **Baseball is more popular than american football, or at least more people know about it  and play it (maybe more people watch NFL than play baseball, though) **EDITED In Pamplona there are 2 teams that I know of, and a friend of mine helped instauring kind of a farm system in one of them, which belongs to a highschool (but has a professional team).

    I have never tried buying an american football. I have an aunt in Austin who sent that ball as a present to my brother. In big cities it shouldn't be a problem, though. And there are many rugby teams everywhere so a rugby ball is easily found (idk how similar they really are, I'm not into rugby). 

    Anyway, either sports are minor in Spain. Football, basketball, hand ball, tennis or even motor sports could be considered in the top of the charts.

    You just said that Football is not big in Spain...then you say that it is in the tops....which is it?

    Or did you mean Soccer?  Or, as it is properly spelled "Futbol". No one with any sense....in this hemisphere calls soccer "football"   Football is football...that other game is something else.   Consider yourself educated.

    EDIT: I would add that both american football and baseball have a huge turnoff for the european viewers: the lenght of the matches. Only tennis takes longer but it could be said that it has a bigger "playing time". In America all that time is filled with replays, commercials, kisscams, hot dogs and whatsoever, whereas here we have a different mindset, and there's always something happening, although it might not be as explosive or important in the end of the game.

    Being both an american and european football fan, I understand both sides: I have to change my mindset whenever I switch from one sport to the other because of difference on the timing in the actions.

    Well....the commercial ARE oppressive...but that is how the game is paid for I guess.

  • @nero said:

    Baseball is more popular than american football. In Pamplona there are 2 teams that I know of, and a friend of mine helped instauring kind of a farm system in one of them, which belongs to a highschool (but has a professional team).

    I have never tried buying an american football. I have an aunt in Austin who sent that ball as a present to my brother. In big cities it shouldn't be a problem, though. And there are many rugby teams everywhere so a rugby ball is easily found (idk how similar they really are, I'm not into rugby). 

    Anyway, either sports are minor in Spain. Football, basketball, hand ball, tennis or even motor sports could be considered in the top of the charts.

    I believe a rugby ball is shorter and fatter than an American football, so throwing it around would be tougher.

    American footballs 100 years ago probably resembled rugby balls now. It was streamlined to make it easier to throw.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I believe a rugby ball is shorter and fatter than an American football, so throwing it around would be tougher.

    American footballs 100 years ago probably resembled rugby balls now. It was streamlined to make it easier to throw.

    Footballs 100 years ago were not appreciably different than now:

    1920s-630px.jpg?1376954050

    Maybe 120 years ago or more they were...but not when the NFL/APFA  began. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I believe a rugby ball is shorter and fatter than an American football, so throwing it around would be tougher.

    American footballs 100 years ago probably resembled rugby balls now. It was streamlined to make it easier to throw.

    Footballs 100 years ago were not appreciably different than now:

    1920s-630px.jpg?1376954050

    Maybe 120 years ago or more they were...but not when the NFL/APFA  began. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Footballs 100 years ago were not appreciably different than now:

    1920s-630px.jpg?1376954050

    Maybe 120 years ago or more they were...but not when the NFL/APFA  began. 

    The present dimensions of a football did not come about until 1935... Had changed throughout the 1910s and 20s too....

    https://www.popularmechanics.com/adventure/sports/a240/1283226/

  • Football?  

    john-wayne-quote-stupid.jpg

  • Just buy another one. Or is this special in some way? Did I miss something?

    If it's from an actual game, just know that many people keep decorative footballs flat. 

  • Just buy another one. Or is this special in some way? Did I miss something?

    If it's from an actual game, just know that many people keep decorative footballs flat. 

    @wargograw said:

    Just buy another one. Or is this special in some way? Did I miss something?

    If it's from an actual game, just know that many people keep decorative footballs flat. 

    1. I don't want to spend any money. My economy is veeeery limited at the moment.

    2. I live in Spain, and in a not so big city. I don't know if I'll be able to buy anywhere in my city, plus I almost exclusively use it when I watch the SB.