Skip to content

Monday Morning QB...

The Browns Board
22 9 751
  • @tour2ma said:

    I think this is the most underreported storyline... I think we have a new HC-Sheriff in town and his name is Pederson.

    The Eagles were very well prepared... at least the equal of the Pats in this regard. Not something we've said about many Pat opponents in recent years. One key seemed to be matching up Jenkins on the Pat RBs to minimize their impact in the Pat passing attack. One other, the extensive use of the RPO, was not news, but was key.

    Other misc. musings...

    • Nice to see my original Darkhorse QB come in from the cold... and...
    • It doesn't hurt that Foles also gave my "Don't anoint Wentz just yet" stance a significant boost.
    • I don't know if the low number of penalties was due to the quality of the teams or a league decision to have the Refs swallow their whistles, but overall it was a welcome change. There were a couple egregious holds let go (one on Kelce early in particular), but still overall... welcome. They let the players play.
    • Great no call on the Eagles KO of Cooks. Clearly a runner... also...
    • As much as I agree on the review decision on Ertz's go-ahead TD, I can't help but believe that were he blasted by a Safety as he launched for the GL a "Defenseless Receiver flag" would have been thrown.
    • On the other hand not overturning Clements TD non-catch was one of the worst reviews of the season.

    Cooks had obviously turned into a runner, but helmet to helmet is still a penalty. It's just called differently. The announcers said it wrong as well

    @gunz41 said:

    Cooks had obviously turned into a runner, but helmet to helmet is still a penalty. It's just called differently. The announcers said it wrong as well

    Fell under the exception to the rule... as apparently does every contact to and by a runner. Has it ever been called?

  • @gunz41 said:

    Cooks had obviously turned into a runner, but helmet to helmet is still a penalty. It's just called differently. The announcers said it wrong as well

    Fell under the exception to the rule... as apparently does every contact to and by a runner. Has it ever been called?

    @tour2ma said:

    Fell under the exception to the rule... as apparently does every contact to and by a runner. Has it ever been called?

    I'm not understanding your question. What I am saying is there is hit to a defenseless player and then can be helmet to helmet contact on someone who has established as a runner. And sure it has been called