Blowing up the QB rankings
-
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard
Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect.
After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49.
I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
True.....in the 3rd round.
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
What makes him so unique? It's not like we haven't seen QB's with his skill set try to make it in the NFL before.
That said, if it means Lamar going to Pittsburgh then by all that is holy, I hope he goes 1st round. They're due for a bad stretch of drafts.
-
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
-
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
Oh I've watched him in passing... didn't see Vick at all. Reminds me of Vince in a way though.
-
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
I generally think that they go by the position ranking though (aside from AN, SOMETIMES). So even if the Nelson kid is rated as the top player on the big board, they don't have him going #1.
Unless I am mistaken, which is certainly possible, the mock drafts try to predict what a team is going to do and needs. So while you may have Darnold as 1, and someone else has Rosen as 1, and Slugger has Jackson as 1, Kiper may think the Browns will take Allen or Mayfield. People may think these guys are idiots, and they may be, but a lot of it is for entertainment purposes, and while possible idiots, they have A LOT of access to the teams
-
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
Oh I've watched him in passing... didn't see Vick at all. Reminds me of Vince in a way though.
-
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
The one I referred to Gip ranking\ mock was done by the same guy. Charlie Campbell- Walter Football, sorry- wrong on that count. Sure, the reason rankings\ mocks get screwed up and skewed is to a large part the mocks go out the window on rankings because of the huge premium for Quarterbacks for teams that don't have them. Jeremiah has Darnold and Rosen ranked #6 & #7, but I wouldn't bet against them going 1-2 in the draft.
& please, will you kindly admit that the CBS ranking of Randolph as the #1 QB prospect is an outlier? Sure, some rankings go seriously wrong- but most of the time, they're at least close to how the draft position actually falls. That doesn't mean a guy ranked & drafted low can't succeed. Hindsight is always 20\20- you can bet that 2007 the rankings and draft order there would have been a lot different. A lot of those rankings go on measurables and college production. Why IMHO Allen is ranked so high- he can throw the ball out of the stadium. I'll trust Jeremiah- who actually worked in an NFL teams scouting department- where Mason isn't even in his top 50 prospects, over some guy at CBS with a keyboard and Internet access.
-
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
As Gip said, and I'll be charitable, sometime day two of the draft.
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
I looked at his stats. The plus? HIs completion percentage has improved every year. The minus? His last two seasons at Louisville he totaled over 3,000 yards rushing. Lamar tries that in the NFL, he won't last out a season. He'll have to learn to tone the running way down, and become more of a pocket passer. "There are no old running QBs in the NFL".
Here's the NFL.com take: "Evaluating Jackson against the NFL standards for the position will cause him to come up short. However, he has rare speed and athleticism and can single-handedly win games. Jackson's accuracy is clearly spotty and teams must decide the level of accuracy they are willing to live with relative to his ability to create explosive plays. Jackson may need to operate in an offense ready to integrate RPOs (run/pass options) along with heavy play-action."
-
Most of lamars runs were designed. Not saying he didn't take advantage of his speed but he hung tough in the pocket on his pass plays. His completion percentage should continue to rise while his mechanics improve. With that said I hope he continues to run in the pros that's what makes him special.
I don't think Lamar has ever been banged up and he played Florida State and Clemson every year. I understand the concern but the man is tough as nails.
Mike Vicks completion percentage at Virginia tech was 58 and 54% so you didn't see Vick because Lamar is bettet
-
Most of lamars runs were designed. Not saying he didn't take advantage of his speed but he hung tough in the pocket on his pass plays. His completion percentage should continue to rise while his mechanics improve. With that said I hope he continues to run in the pros that's what makes him special.
I don't think Lamar has ever been banged up and he played Florida State and Clemson every year. I understand the concern but the man is tough as nails.
Mike Vicks completion percentage at Virginia tech was 58 and 54% so you didn't see Vick because Lamar is bettet
Most of lamars runs were designed. Not saying he didn't take advantage of his speed but he hung tough in the pocket on his pass plays. His completion percentage should continue to rise while his mechanics improve. With that said I hope he continues to run in the pros that's what makes him special.
I don't think Lamar has ever been banged up and he played Florida State and Clemson every year. I understand the concern but the man is tough as nails.
Mike Vicks completion percentage at Virginia tech was 58 and 54% so you didn't see Vick because Lamar is bettet
FWIW, I sure did see enough of Vick at VT to win a bet that he'd be taken #1 overall. I don't see Jackson getting drafted in the top 10.
-
Most of lamars runs were designed. Not saying he didn't take advantage of his speed but he hung tough in the pocket on his pass plays. His completion percentage should continue to rise while his mechanics improve. With that said I hope he continues to run in the pros that's what makes him special.
I don't think Lamar has ever been banged up and he played Florida State and Clemson every year. I understand the concern but the man is tough as nails.
Mike Vicks completion percentage at Virginia tech was 58 and 54% so you didn't see Vick because Lamar is bettet
Most of lamars runs were designed. Not saying he didn't take advantage of his speed but he hung tough in the pocket on his pass plays. His completion percentage should continue to rise while his mechanics improve. With that said I hope he continues to run in the pros that's what makes him special.
I don't think Lamar has ever been banged up and he played Florida State and Clemson every year. I understand the concern but the man is tough as nails.
Mike Vicks completion percentage at Virginia tech was 58 and 54% so you didn't see Vick because Lamar is bettet
Since Vick's name has been mentioned, not ONE poster has said MICHAEL VICK IS BETTER. We may all think that or not, but NOBODY said that, so you are wrong to say you didn't see Vick because Lamar is better.
I will make you a bet, take it or leave it. Michael Vick will have gotten drafted higher than Lamar Jackson.
You pick the stakes
-
Nobody saw Vick because Lamar doesn't have 4.38 speed with freak lateral agility and a 10/20 yard split like a WR. Mike is easily the closest thing you've ever seen to a multi-position skill player that just so happened to play QB. While doing so mostly under center.
I didn't see Vick because Lamar is nothing like him minus being black.
-
So the only way I can win is if he gets picked #1 overall. Those odds seem fair.
I'm not going to say where he's going to be picked. I get why some teams will be worried about the amount of polish he needs, but he is a playmaker on the ground and in the air.
-
So the only way I can win is if he gets picked #1 overall. Those odds seem fair.
I'm not going to say where he's going to be picked. I get why some teams will be worried about the amount of polish he needs, but he is a playmaker on the ground and in the air.
So the only way I can win is if he gets picked #1 overall. Those odds seem fair.
I'm not going to say where he's going to be picked. I get why some teams will be worried about the amount of polish he needs, but he is a playmaker on the ground and in the air.
You didn't get it. I made this "bet" because I can't lose. If he were to be picked 1, it would be a tie.
He certainly was exciting to watch. But I have a feeling you have a little bit of bias with Louisville in your name. Nothing wrong with that
-
Nobody saw Vick because Lamar doesn't have 4.38 speed with freak lateral agility and a 10/20 yard split like a WR. Mike is easily the closest thing you've ever seen to a multi-position skill player that just so happened to play QB. While doing so mostly under center.
I didn't see Vick because Lamar is nothing like him minus being black.
Nobody saw Vick because Lamar doesn't have 4.38 speed with freak lateral agility and a 10/20 yard split like a WR. Mike is easily the closest thing you've ever seen to a multi-position skill player that just so happened to play QB. While doing so mostly under center.
I didn't see Vick because Lamar is nothing like him minus being black.
You must be watching the wrong player. Lamar may not time as well in the 40 but he is a better athlete on the field... and it's not even close really.
You didn't get it. I made this "bet" because I can't lose. If he were to be picked 1, it would be a tie.
He certainly was exciting to watch. But I have a feeling you have a little bit of bias with Louisville in your name. Nothing wrong with that
I spent the last 2 season thinking that Lamar was just a great college player that didn't translate to the pros. Then I went back and watched how he grew and I believe he can do the same stuff in the NFL. Up until last week I was firmly in camp Darnold. I do my best to eliminate bias and focus on who's going to be the best player for the browns.
-
Nobody saw Vick because Lamar doesn't have 4.38 speed with freak lateral agility and a 10/20 yard split like a WR. Mike is easily the closest thing you've ever seen to a multi-position skill player that just so happened to play QB. While doing so mostly under center.
I didn't see Vick because Lamar is nothing like him minus being black.
You must be watching the wrong player. Lamar may not time as well in the 40 but he is a better athlete on the field... and it's not even close really.
You didn't get it. I made this "bet" because I can't lose. If he were to be picked 1, it would be a tie.
He certainly was exciting to watch. But I have a feeling you have a little bit of bias with Louisville in your name. Nothing wrong with that
I spent the last 2 season thinking that Lamar was just a great college player that didn't translate to the pros. Then I went back and watched how he grew and I believe he can do the same stuff in the NFL. Up until last week I was firmly in camp Darnold. I do my best to eliminate bias and focus on who's going to be the best player for the browns.
You must be watching the wrong player. Lamar may not time as well in the 40 but he is a better athlete on the field... and it's not even close really.
This makes zero Shmucking sense. Lamar won't time better in anything. 40, 10, 20, shuttle, 3 cone, broad jump and probably vert. Mike was that rare and that gifted. So what does "on the field" even mean?
But out of pure curiousity, where would you draft Lamar if you were Dorsey?!
-
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
I generally think that they go by the position ranking though (aside from AN, SOMETIMES). So even if the Nelson kid is rated as the top player on the big board, they don't have him going #1.
Unless I am mistaken, which is certainly possible, the mock drafts try to predict what a team is going to do and needs. So while you may have Darnold as 1, and someone else has Rosen as 1, and Slugger has Jackson as 1, Kiper may think the Browns will take Allen or Mayfield. People may think these guys are idiots, and they may be, but a lot of it is for entertainment purposes, and while possible idiots, they have A LOT of access to the teams
I generally think that they go by the position ranking though (aside from AN, SOMETIMES). So even if the Nelson kid is rated as the top player on the big board, they don't have him going #1.
Unless I am mistaken, which is certainly possible, the mock drafts try to predict what a team is going to do and needs. So while you may have Darnold as 1, and someone else has Rosen as 1, and Slugger has Jackson as 1, Kiper may think the Browns will take Allen or Mayfield. People may think these guys are idiots, and they may be, but a lot of it is for entertainment purposes, and while possible idiots, they have A LOT of access to the teams
Yes, precisely. A mock is merely an attempt to predict what teams will do.
As you said....an OG...Quentin Nelson...may be the highest ranked player out there....but when was the last time an OG was ever taken #1 overall? (don't try to think about it because the answer is : Never).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login