Skip to content

Blowing up the QB rankings

The Browns Board
129 26 5.9k 1
  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Lynch is Weeden-brained turd. Dude doesn’t even deserve to be a third stringer.  All you have to do to get a high grade from Ghoolie is go to Memphis. 

  • Lynch is Weeden-brained turd. Dude doesn’t even deserve to be a third stringer.  All you have to do to get a high grade from Ghoolie is go to Memphis. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #80

    @roycerolls said:

    Lynch is Weeden-brained turd. Dude doesn’t even deserve to be a third stringer.  All you have to do to get a high grade from Ghoolie is go to Memphis. 

    Yet Glommie is always telling us how much he hates Memphis.  Of course...he says he is moving to Vegas  (what is it?  like 5 years now he has been saying that. From one cesspit to another.  

    https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/las-vegas-sees-deadliest-year-breaks-record-for-homicides/

    And these stats don't even include the mass homicide that took place there a while back.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Also...see this:   Interestingly......cities including Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Dayton, South Ben Ind. etc.  all have higher homicide rates than Cleveland.

    http://bismarcktribune.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_5a789407-4d43-5403-ad56-7c47880bda8e.html#7

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #82

    Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

    EDIT: And even worse now.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

    Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

    Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

    Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

    Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

    1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

    I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

  • Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

    Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

    Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

    Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

    Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

    1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

    I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @thenew23 said:

    Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

    Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

    Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

    Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

    Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

    1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

    I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

    Nice take, the first 3 you listed will all go in the top 10. But I put Darnold ahead of Rosen- because of those concussions. I think Ghoolie is just trolling about Jackson- for sure he doesn't go into 1\10 the detail you did. Jackson relied on his legs way too much in college, he doesn't have the frame to do that in the NFL. He'll follow quickly in the footsteps of RG III if he does. 

    & I just can't see a scenario where the Browns would pass on a QB to take Barkley at #1. 

  • Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

    EDIT: And even worse now.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #85

    @texasag1969 said:

    Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

    EDIT: And even worse now.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

    Are we doing a Browns Board  road tailgate in New Orleans this year?  They do play there.  I was scheduled to go to Houston last year...with side trip to NOLA and other parts of Cajun Cuntry.

    It would be cool.....but I am leary of it being hurricane season.

    We shall see when the schedule comes out.   When does that come out?   Mid April?    (to me...they should be able to come out with it in early march...nothing is going to change...what can change?)

    And note....the murder rate in NOLA has gone down from 94 per 100K in 2007 to 41 per 100K in 2015.  So..that is something.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Verifies everything I told my wife when we returned from a visit to N.O. before Katrina (#2 on that 2015 chart). I told her to never take me in that warzone again. That place had more damn self preservation antenna pickups going on than any place I've been since Vietnam. But she's so oblivious they could have every corner drug dealer armed with AR-15s and she would not have seen a damn thing.

    EDIT: And even worse now.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/nov/06/usa

    Are we doing a Browns Board  road tailgate in New Orleans this year?  They do play there.  I was scheduled to go to Houston last year...with side trip to NOLA and other parts of Cajun Cuntry.

    It would be cool.....but I am leary of it being hurricane season.

    We shall see when the schedule comes out.   When does that come out?   Mid April?    (to me...they should be able to come out with it in early march...nothing is going to change...what can change?)

    And note....the murder rate in NOLA has gone down from 94 per 100K in 2007 to 41 per 100K in 2015.  So..that is something.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @the-gipper said:

    Are we doing a Browns Board  road tailgate in New Orleans this year?  They do play there.  I was scheduled to go to Houston last year...with side trip to NOLA and other parts of Cajun Cuntry.

    It would be cool.....but I am leary of it being hurricane season.

    We shall see when the schedule comes out.   When does that come out?   Mid April?    (to me...they should be able to come out with it in early march...nothing is going to change...what can change?)

    And note....the murder rate in NOLA has gone down from 94 per 100K in 2007 to 41 per 100K in 2015.  So..that is something.

    Usually the schedule comes out the week before the draft. We already know the Eagles will have the first game Thursday night against a TBD opponent.  Hmmm looking at their opponents- could be the Cowboys. 

  • Jackson's biggest issue is his mechanics, particularly footwork. It has gotten better but not ideal. He has a very skinny base which you would think will lead to inaccuracy. He seems to overcome it, but Im sure some NFL Defensive minds can conjure up a way to make that an issue.

    Darnold has a slow delivery, which can cause major issues with the defensive speed of the NFL game, particularly with consistency as he forces himself to be a second faster in his decision making.

    Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

    Rosen's body is not ideal. He has good mechanics (you can tell his parents sent him to a bunch of camps growing up) but I wonder about his instincts and intangibles. The sped up NFL game could be overwhelming if he doesnt put in the film work.

    Mayfield... if he was 2 inches taller he would be a no-brainer 1st pick. I said the EXACT same thing about Russell Wilson a few years ago, and he turned out alright. He didnt play against good D often but when he did, he performed well. Arm is good enough which is all you really need.

    1. Mayfield, 2. Rosen, 3. Darnold, 4. Jackson, 5. Allen

    I think 4 of 5 of those guys have a good shot at being quality starters. I just hope at least one of them is... the one the Browns pick.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #87

    @thenew23 said:

    Allen is all over the place. His arm is strong but there is not much else to like. His footwork needs to improve as does his pocket awareness. His arm talent reminds me of Kizer, in that he forces some throws which cause him to miss the mark.

    good post..spun some Allen tape the other night. reason was, After seeing Allen's percentage of completion field chart. shows he misses almost everything he throws to the left side of field. for the life of me it looks like his feet & hips finally work together throwing left, but his release point shows he only has 1 gear.. like Kizer.."R"  for Rip it in & behind WR's..

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

  • After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @gunz41 said:

    After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

    It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

  • @gunz41 said:

    After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

    It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @mark-o said:

    It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

    That way they can say AH-HA I told you he was the one.......and hope nobody remembers the other stuff. Even the so called media experts can't agree on the top 5 quarterbacks this year in any order.

  • After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @gunz41 said:

    After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

    He has learned the art of deflection away from his buddy Paxton Lynch. He got burned by picking just that one so now it's cover all bases.🙄

  • @gunz41 said:

    After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person

    It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @mark-o said:

    It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

    Or then turn around and say:   "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."

    It would be like me saying:    "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."

    When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007  beforehand:  We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent".  That would have been more his style.

    Fair to say?

  • @mark-o said:

    It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.

    Or then turn around and say:   "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."

    It would be like me saying:    "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."

    When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007  beforehand:  We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent".  That would have been more his style.

    Fair to say?

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @the-gipper said:

    Or then turn around and say:   "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."

    It would be like me saying:    "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."

    When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007  beforehand:  We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent".  That would have been more his style.

    Fair to say?

    Yep. 

    And then certain players are the biggest bust in a decade before they step on the field, while others who have been in league longer and seen the field need and deserve more time. 

    AND even when wrong multiple times about the most decorated QB of all time  (Brady), it's still I was right about him. If he does anything, it's the other team being cheated and when he loses, he's done I was right. 1 out of 5 is good average right? That's 100% accuracy. 

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #94

    walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

    Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect. 

    After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49. 

    I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner

  • walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

    Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect. 

    After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49. 

    I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @louisville-slugger said:

    http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

    Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect. 

    After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49. 

    I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner

    LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking.  Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

    FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him.  http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php   If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.  

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard

    Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect. 

    After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49. 

    I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner

    LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking.  Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

    FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him.  http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php   If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking.  Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

    FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him.  http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php   If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.  

    Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential? 

    And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.

    HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings.   Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks.   Nothing alike!

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land. 

    Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up. 

  • Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land. 

    Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land. 

    Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up. 

    True.....in the 3rd round.