Blowing up the QB rankings
-
After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person
-
After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person
After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person
It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.
-
After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person
It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.
It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.
That way they can say AH-HA I told you he was the one.......and hope nobody remembers the other stuff. Even the so called media experts can't agree on the top 5 quarterbacks this year in any order.
-
After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person
After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person
He has learned the art of deflection away from his buddy Paxton Lynch. He got burned by picking just that one so now it's cover all bases.

-
After reading this thread, I noticed a certain someone flip flopping. That's it. That is how the genius uses to say he gets everything right. I remember in another thread he said that the top QB was Mayfield. So before the draft, Allen, Darnold, and Rosen will all be mentioned as the top guy by the same person
It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.
It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.
Or then turn around and say: "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."
It would be like me saying: "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."
When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007 beforehand: We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent". That would have been more his style.
Fair to say?
-
It's impossible to be wrong when you back every single player as being the best player in the draft.
Or then turn around and say: "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."
It would be like me saying: "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."
When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007 beforehand: We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent". That would have been more his style.
Fair to say?
Or then turn around and say: "I told you all that this guy would be crap...I predicted it."
It would be like me saying: "I told you that the Browns should have drafted a skinny QB out of Michigan as the #1 overall pick in the draft instead of that Zumba instructor of a DLineman out of Penn St.."
When....the fact is....he probably said qabout 2007 beforehand: We should trade up to draft that monster QB out of LSU....and not waste our time with like an OT out of Wisconsin at #3....trade up and get the best talent". That would have been more his style.
Fair to say?
Yep.
And then certain players are the biggest bust in a decade before they step on the field, while others who have been in league longer and seen the field need and deserve more time.
AND even when wrong multiple times about the most decorated QB of all time (Brady), it's still I was right about him. If he does anything, it's the other team being cheated and when he loses, he's done I was right. 1 out of 5 is good average right? That's 100% accuracy.
-
walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard
Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect.
After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49.
I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner
-
walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard
Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect.
After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49.
I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard
Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect.
After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49.
I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
-
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftbigboard
Walter football has Lamar Jackson the #1 QB in the class and the #10 overall prospect.
After that it's Rosen 11, Darnold 12, Allen 21, and Mayfield all the way down at 49.
I don't agree with the rankings but it's nice to be the only one in the Jackson corner
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
True.....in the 3rd round.
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
What makes him so unique? It's not like we haven't seen QB's with his skill set try to make it in the NFL before.
That said, if it means Lamar going to Pittsburgh then by all that is holy, I hope he goes 1st round. They're due for a bad stretch of drafts.
-
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
-
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
Oh I've watched him in passing... didn't see Vick at all. Reminds me of Vince in a way though.
-
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
I generally think that they go by the position ranking though (aside from AN, SOMETIMES). So even if the Nelson kid is rated as the top player on the big board, they don't have him going #1.
Unless I am mistaken, which is certainly possible, the mock drafts try to predict what a team is going to do and needs. So while you may have Darnold as 1, and someone else has Rosen as 1, and Slugger has Jackson as 1, Kiper may think the Browns will take Allen or Mayfield. People may think these guys are idiots, and they may be, but a lot of it is for entertainment purposes, and while possible idiots, they have A LOT of access to the teams
-
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
Oh I've watched him in passing... didn't see Vick at all. Reminds me of Vince in a way though.
-
LOL, neither do I. Um, that's not Walter- it's Charlie Campbell's ranking. Here's Walter's QB rankings . http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
FWIW, both Charlie and Walter have Jackson going #28 to the Steelers. I won't argue with Gipper anymore about rankings\ mock draft. To me it's inconceivable you can rate a QB prospect #1 at his position, and then post a mock draft where 3-4 other QBs get drafted before him. http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie.php If you're going to do that- put a disclaimer on your rankings saying it's based on future potential.
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
Isn't EVERY ranking and mock draft based on future potential?
And I am right in saying that basically EVERY publication fails to follow its draft prospect rankings in their Mock drafts. Because they are generally done by different writers employed by the same company.
HELL.....even when the Mocks and the rankings are done by the same writer......they don't follow their own rankings. Look at any Kiper or McShay ranking....then look at their mocks. Nothing alike!
The one I referred to Gip ranking\ mock was done by the same guy. Charlie Campbell- Walter Football, sorry- wrong on that count. Sure, the reason rankings\ mocks get screwed up and skewed is to a large part the mocks go out the window on rankings because of the huge premium for Quarterbacks for teams that don't have them. Jeremiah has Darnold and Rosen ranked #6 & #7, but I wouldn't bet against them going 1-2 in the draft.
& please, will you kindly admit that the CBS ranking of Randolph as the #1 QB prospect is an outlier? Sure, some rankings go seriously wrong- but most of the time, they're at least close to how the draft position actually falls. That doesn't mean a guy ranked & drafted low can't succeed. Hindsight is always 20\20- you can bet that 2007 the rankings and draft order there would have been a lot different. A lot of those rankings go on measurables and college production. Why IMHO Allen is ranked so high- he can throw the ball out of the stadium. I'll trust Jeremiah- who actually worked in an NFL teams scouting department- where Mason isn't even in his top 50 prospects, over some guy at CBS with a keyboard and Internet access.
-
-
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
Mock drafts are about rumors and trying to project where the player will land.
Lamar is obviously a unique prospect. If someone thinks they can continue to develop him as a passer, they would be crazy not to pick him up.
As Gip said, and I'll be charitable, sometime day two of the draft.
He broke a bunch of ncaa records. Mike Vick is the closest player that could do what he does and even Mike Vick said he's better.
Go do your scouting on him and you'll see most of his problems are pretty coachable.
I looked at his stats. The plus? HIs completion percentage has improved every year. The minus? His last two seasons at Louisville he totaled over 3,000 yards rushing. Lamar tries that in the NFL, he won't last out a season. He'll have to learn to tone the running way down, and become more of a pocket passer. "There are no old running QBs in the NFL".
Here's the NFL.com take: "Evaluating Jackson against the NFL standards for the position will cause him to come up short. However, he has rare speed and athleticism and can single-handedly win games. Jackson's accuracy is clearly spotty and teams must decide the level of accuracy they are willing to live with relative to his ability to create explosive plays. Jackson may need to operate in an offense ready to integrate RPOs (run/pass options) along with heavy play-action."
-
Most of lamars runs were designed. Not saying he didn't take advantage of his speed but he hung tough in the pocket on his pass plays. His completion percentage should continue to rise while his mechanics improve. With that said I hope he continues to run in the pros that's what makes him special.
I don't think Lamar has ever been banged up and he played Florida State and Clemson every year. I understand the concern but the man is tough as nails.
Mike Vicks completion percentage at Virginia tech was 58 and 54% so you didn't see Vick because Lamar is bettet
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login