Skip to content

Saquon Barkley Combine Bound

Locked The Browns Board
341 31 10.4k 1
  • @gunz41 said:

    Well, the league's reigning rushing champion was a 3rd round pick, taken by John Dorsey. That would be Kareem Hunt. 

    Yea, if the Browns can use a 3rd round pick on Barkley, I dont think anyone on here would have one peep to say about it

       This is very true. That's the other half of the analysis? It's a very nice draft for running backs. They may not have the measurables,

    but terrific running backs don't have to be the very best rb in a draft. Like Terrell Davis - a sixth round pick. "top rated" doesn't mean you have to pick that one at the top of the draft.

    @calfoxwc said:

       This is very true. That's the other half of the analysis? It's a very nice draft for running backs. They may not have the measurables,

    but terrific running backs don't have to be the very best rb in a draft. Like Terrell Davis - a sixth round pick. "top rated" doesn't mean you have to pick that one at the top of the draft.

    If the Browns take the guy, I hope he is the best in the league. I can't say that I am close to as diehard as all of yall. I certainly enjoy high school football the most, then college. 

    I dont think it's understood, nobody that I have seen dislikes Barkley. Some dont want the Browns to take him up high, I dont care if they do or dont, I wouldn't. What I have a problem with is the endless talk about him, and proclaiming his greatness without ANY proof. And taking it further as best ever stuff. ????

  • After all this discussion?

    I just hope on draft day, I don't choke on my root beer and hunkie junk sandwich like I did when they drafted

    gilbert and coleman, etc. It seems that finally - they will have a great draft.

  • After all this discussion?

    I just hope on draft day, I don't choke on my root beer and hunkie junk sandwich like I did when they drafted

    gilbert and coleman, etc. It seems that finally - they will have a great draft.

    @calfoxwc said:

    After all this discussion?

    I just hope on draft day, I don't choke on my root beer and hunkie junk sandwich like I did when they drafted

    gilbert and coleman, etc. It seems that finally - they will have a great draft.

    Not bring from Cleveland, Ohio, or close maybe this is a dumb question, but what is a hunkie junk sandwich

  • @calfoxwc said:

       This is very true. That's the other half of the analysis? It's a very nice draft for running backs. They may not have the measurables,

    but terrific running backs don't have to be the very best rb in a draft. Like Terrell Davis - a sixth round pick. "top rated" doesn't mean you have to pick that one at the top of the draft.

    If the Browns take the guy, I hope he is the best in the league. I can't say that I am close to as diehard as all of yall. I certainly enjoy high school football the most, then college. 

    I dont think it's understood, nobody that I have seen dislikes Barkley. Some dont want the Browns to take him up high, I dont care if they do or dont, I wouldn't. What I have a problem with is the endless talk about him, and proclaiming his greatness without ANY proof. And taking it further as best ever stuff. ????

    @gunz41 said:

    If the Browns take the guy, I hope he is the best in the league. I can't say that I am close to as diehard as all of yall. I certainly enjoy high school football the most, then college. 

    I dont think it's understood, nobody that I have seen dislikes Barkley. Some dont want the Browns to take him up high, I dont care if they do or dont, I wouldn't. What I have a problem with is the endless talk about him, and proclaiming his greatness without ANY proof. And taking it further as best ever stuff. ????

    Exactly.   I don't even have a problem taking him at 4...wouldn't be my choice because I think you can find a RB elsewhere that will be just as good.   But this team needs a QB and they have the pick of the group.  Hopefully the one they choose will be the right one.

  • Fixing the QB situation doesn't require the #1 pick. 

    I would take the best player. Regardless. If it were Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck type of year, I would have no problems taking the QB at 1. This year is the Year of the Runningback. 

    THE GUY this year is a running back. It's funny that I have to tell you that Cleveland is a running team. You build the team around this guy. Whoever plays QB, Rosen, Mayfield, Kizer or Hogan are going to thank their lucky stars that they have Saquon to lean on. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    If the Browns take the guy, I hope he is the best in the league. I can't say that I am close to as diehard as all of yall. I certainly enjoy high school football the most, then college. 

    I dont think it's understood, nobody that I have seen dislikes Barkley. Some dont want the Browns to take him up high, I dont care if they do or dont, I wouldn't. What I have a problem with is the endless talk about him, and proclaiming his greatness without ANY proof. And taking it further as best ever stuff. ????

    Exactly.   I don't even have a problem taking him at 4...wouldn't be my choice because I think you can find a RB elsewhere that will be just as good.   But this team needs a QB and they have the pick of the group.  Hopefully the one they choose will be the right one.

    @mark-o said:

    Exactly.   I don't even have a problem taking him at 4...wouldn't be my choice because I think you can find a RB elsewhere that will be just as good.   But this team needs a QB and they have the pick of the group.  Hopefully the one they choose will be the right one.

    I'll take it even further, and I certainly wouldn't do it or advocate Browns doing it, and like I said NFL is lowest on my totem pole, but I wouldn't stop rooting for them if they took him #1. 

    I just want to stop hearing every day how great he is, best ever, he LOOKS special, stats dont matter, etc.

    BY this time next week, he will be in the HOF, AND be the favorite to be the next President of the United States and commissioner of all 3 sports leagues

  • @mark-o said:

    Exactly.   I don't even have a problem taking him at 4...wouldn't be my choice because I think you can find a RB elsewhere that will be just as good.   But this team needs a QB and they have the pick of the group.  Hopefully the one they choose will be the right one.

    I'll take it even further, and I certainly wouldn't do it or advocate Browns doing it, and like I said NFL is lowest on my totem pole, but I wouldn't stop rooting for them if they took him #1. 

    I just want to stop hearing every day how great he is, best ever, he LOOKS special, stats dont matter, etc.

    BY this time next week, he will be in the HOF, AND be the favorite to be the next President of the United States and commissioner of all 3 sports leagues

    @gunz41 said:

    I'll take it even further, and I certainly wouldn't do it or advocate Browns doing it, and like I said NFL is lowest on my totem pole, but I wouldn't stop rooting for them if they took him #1. 

    I just want to stop hearing every day how great he is, best ever, he LOOKS special, stats dont matter, etc.

    BY this time next week, he will be in the HOF, AND be the favorite to be the next President of the United States and commissioner of all 3 sports leagues

    You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

    By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

  • @gunz41 said:

    I'll take it even further, and I certainly wouldn't do it or advocate Browns doing it, and like I said NFL is lowest on my totem pole, but I wouldn't stop rooting for them if they took him #1. 

    I just want to stop hearing every day how great he is, best ever, he LOOKS special, stats dont matter, etc.

    BY this time next week, he will be in the HOF, AND be the favorite to be the next President of the United States and commissioner of all 3 sports leagues

    You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

    By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

    @mark-o said:

    You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

    By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

    What?! You're crazy a hell, Barkley can't play hockey... or can he?

  • Fixing the QB situation doesn't require the #1 pick. 

    I would take the best player. Regardless. If it were Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck type of year, I would have no problems taking the QB at 1. This year is the Year of the Runningback. 

    THE GUY this year is a running back. It's funny that I have to tell you that Cleveland is a running team. You build the team around this guy. Whoever plays QB, Rosen, Mayfield, Kizer or Hogan are going to thank their lucky stars that they have Saquon to lean on. 

    @poeticg said:

    Fixing the QB situation doesn't require the #1 pick. 

    I would take the best player. Regardless. If it were Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck type of year, I would have no problems taking the QB at 1. This year is the Year of the Runningback. 

    THE GUY this year is a running back. It's funny that I have to tell you that Cleveland is a running team. You build the team around this guy. Whoever plays QB, Rosen, Mayfield, Kizer or Hogan are going to thank their lucky stars that they have Saquon to lean on. 

    You just dont WANT to listen to anything anyone says. You will just go on telling us how hes the best player ever, he will revolutionize the position, and do it whilr drinking coffee and eating rice cakes.

    When it comes to THIS subject you are just like Ghoolie. You see a subject, and pull out one little piece to try and make a point, and fail miserably. You aren't convincing anyone, in fact you are making people dislike him.

    But man, did you see that run of negative yardage, he made someone miss. He did all these moves that made Shaun White look like an amateur.

    Again Mr Po

    "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

  • Stay on topic Gunz, quit attacking me pleeeeeaaase. Talk about the topic. New content please, you're getting repetitive. 

  • If anyone pops over to the Cleveland Browns actual website. The top 3 videos just below the new coordinator's press conferences, you'll find 3 videos about Saquon specifically. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    I'll take it even further, and I certainly wouldn't do it or advocate Browns doing it, and like I said NFL is lowest on my totem pole, but I wouldn't stop rooting for them if they took him #1. 

    I just want to stop hearing every day how great he is, best ever, he LOOKS special, stats dont matter, etc.

    BY this time next week, he will be in the HOF, AND be the favorite to be the next President of the United States and commissioner of all 3 sports leagues

    You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

    By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

    @mark-o said:

    You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

    By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

    I thought he might curb his expectations just a bit.

    I think I read this interesting article earlier. That speed skater that smoked everyone was actually Barkley, then he slid over to win the Luge, then was a solo act in pairs figure skating and got a 100 score, then went and became the best cricket player in history.

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

  • @mark-o said:

    You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

    By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

    I thought he might curb his expectations just a bit.

    I think I read this interesting article earlier. That speed skater that smoked everyone was actually Barkley, then he slid over to win the Luge, then was a solo act in pairs figure skating and got a 100 score, then went and became the best cricket player in history.

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

    @gunz41 said:

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

    Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

  • @mark-o said:

    You're underestimating the love a certain poster has for Charles Barkley..     

    By this time next week, he will be in the HOF in all 3 sports, cured cancer, be in line to be the next pope as well as President, he will be the #1 overall pick in football, baseball, basketball, and hockey, and will star for some country in this summers world cup.

    I thought he might curb his expectations just a bit.

    I think I read this interesting article earlier. That speed skater that smoked everyone was actually Barkley, then he slid over to win the Luge, then was a solo act in pairs figure skating and got a 100 score, then went and became the best cricket player in history.

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

    @gunz41 said:

    I thought he might curb his expectations just a bit.

    I think I read this interesting article earlier. That speed skater that smoked everyone was actually Barkley, then he slid over to win the Luge, then was a solo act in pairs figure skating and got a 100 score, then went and became the best cricket player in history.

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

    He runs close to a '4.1' 40. Brah-

  • Stay on topic Gunz, quit attacking me pleeeeeaaase. Talk about the topic. New content please, you're getting repetitive. 

    @poeticg said:

    Stay on topic Gunz, quit attacking me pleeeeeaaase. Talk about the topic. New content please, you're getting repetitive. 

    You are the one saying the SAME thing over and over and got an entire thread shut down.

    I didn't say a single word of the quote. It's from a movie. Since you like posting all these videos, maybe I should just post dumb memes. Everyone will get the same thing out of it as your videos, a laugh.

    Nobody is attacking you, you are acting WAY out there with unreal expectations for a kid. And you can't listen to ANYONE.

  • @gunz41 said:

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

    Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

    @mark-o said:

    Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

    Holy Sheet. You're getting it. It FEELS good, doesn't it? Sayhope Barkley

  • @gunz41 said:

    I thought he might curb his expectations just a bit.

    I think I read this interesting article earlier. That speed skater that smoked everyone was actually Barkley, then he slid over to win the Luge, then was a solo act in pairs figure skating and got a 100 score, then went and became the best cricket player in history.

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

    He runs close to a '4.1' 40. Brah-

    @poeticg said:

    He runs close to a '4.1' 40. Brah-

    Yes this is true, a 4.5-5.5 is closer to 4.1 than 2.1

  • @mark-o said:

    Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

    Holy Sheet. You're getting it. It FEELS good, doesn't it? Sayhope Barkley

    @poeticg said:

    Holy Sheet. You're getting it. It FEELS good, doesn't it? Sayhope Barkley

    And for YOUR guy, you are disrespecting him there. He has a unique name, and I am sure he would like to be called by it.

  • @poeticg said:

    I think you've missed the mark. He had over 150 all purpose yards and two touchdowns before the end of the first quarter. 

    And obviously you only see a part of what is said. Your boy did run a kickoff back, good for him. No NFL team is going to put a franchise player back to consistently return kicks, sorry just won't happen. You don't see Zeke, Gurley, Julio, even your other man crush Josh Gordon doing that. But A for effort.

    Now again, he ran for a 36 yard touchdown, again, GREAT for him. He also ran 20 times after than for 8 yards.

    You still think because he LOOKS amazing making someone miss that that makes him a can't miss prospect. NO NO NO. I'll give you a C+ effort on that one.

    But the biggest point you seemed to gloss over, and BY FAR the most important. PENN STATE LOST. You know, didn't win. THE OBJECTIVE IS TO WIN, NOT MAKE SOMEONE MISS YOU. As flashy, fast, powerful as he is, according to you, HE AND HIS TEAM LOST. This after have a BIG lead. You know one of the best things about a running back is to get yards to keep the clock running to keep the other team off the field. HE COULDN'T DO THAT. That is where 20 for 8 yards comes into play. 

    So in conclusion, Mr. PoeticG, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

    @gunz41 said:

    So in conclusion, Mr. PoeticG, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

    This should automatically come up after every PoG post. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    And he is so fast, he ran across the Pacific to get back to the USA by the time it was on TV. Didn't you know, he runs like a 2.1 40

    Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

    @mark-o said:

    Muhammad Ali....  "I'm so fast I can turn off the light and be in bed before it gets dark".    Or something to that effect.   Barkley just looks at the light switch and it turns off out of fear.

    Setting the bar too low, he doesn't even need light bulbs, he has super powers so he can have fire coming out his fingers, light up the world by opening his eyes, and he freezes time. 

    Didn't you see that play he lost yardage that Po referenced against Buckeyes, he went under him, then jumped in the air and pulled off Shaun Whites entire routine before he hit the ground

    I'm still frozen in awe from it.

    In fact, forget the #1 this year, since the Browns will have him and will be at so much of an advantage and never lose another game, they have to give up 1st round pick every year he is on the team. 2nd round picks for Gordon, and 3rd for Hogan.

    285 game winning streak starts this year.