Vontae Davis
-
So apparently free agent CB Vontae Davis was here yesterday. Why didn't this get any traction? Davis is a really good player when healthy and he's 30 so he could have 2 or 3 good years left.
Davis, McCourty, Boddy-Calhoun, Taylor, Wilson, and a high draft pick. That looks like a pretty solid group of corners.
-
Vontae Davis......No Matter What!
-
He won't sign here unless we throw a ton of money . If he does week 3 he is done with a groin injury .
-
Groin injury history and hip injuries for a tall press corner? I'll pass on that money pit..
-
It's a boom or bust potential signing. He was cut last year after a groin repair surgery, and he's now apparently healthy (healthy as can be after a rash of injuries I suppose). Before being hurt multiple times he was a force. It's one of those situations where you could look really smart for signing him, or really foolish. I'm definitely intrigued, and if the doctors say he's alright, I think it's something to seriously consider.
-
The price tag is my beef. Can't imagine a team friendly deal here.
-
He's got to accept what they market has for him. I'd give him a decent deal with all the garuntees in the first year. 3 years 24 mil 10 garunteed up front sounds like a fair deal but these contracts keep going up so I'm not even sure what market value is anymore
-
Colts did not seem happy with V.Davis having groin surgery. Malcolm Butler has ties to J.Collins wanting Market Value of 13M..Trumaine Johnson has ties to G Williams, wanting Market Value of 11M..but hey, we paid a aging Tramon Williams 21M for 3 years..I'd give Vontae a camp spot at 8M/year for 2-3 years..seem fair Tia?
-
Colts did not seem happy with V.Davis having groin surgery. Malcolm Butler has ties to J.Collins wanting Market Value of 13M..Trumaine Johnson has ties to G Williams, wanting Market Value of 11M..but hey, we paid a aging Tramon Williams 21M for 3 years..I'd give Vontae a camp spot at 8M/year for 2-3 years..seem fair Tia?
Colts did not seem happy with V.Davis having groin surgery. Malcolm Butler has ties to J.Collins wanting Market Value of 13M..Trumaine Johnson has ties to G Williams, wanting Market Value of 11M..but hey, we paid a aging Tramon Williams 21M for 3 years..I'd give Vontae a camp spot at 8M/year for 2-3 years..seem fair Tia?
Part of me would rather scope out Robert Quinns health and see if he would be interested in those dollars after the Rams cut him. Been thinking about that the last week or... especially considering in this draft I really want Chubb and Ward.
-
2 good picks.and a tarheel that got paid by a agent at school. I like it.^^ Saw the Chiefs cut Derrick Johnson this week. Thinking Steelers make a run at him with Ryan down. read OLB Tomba Hali maybe out at Chiefs next..was thinking Dorsey may take a shot? but am not seeing a starting spot right now for Tomba..beats Tank/Burgess/Alexander maybe
-
Colts top CB last year was Rashaan Melvin who is also a FA. Get him instead if the goal is to sign a DB who played for the Colts last season.
-
2 good picks.and a tarheel that got paid by a agent at school. I like it.^^ Saw the Chiefs cut Derrick Johnson this week. Thinking Steelers make a run at him with Ryan down. read OLB Tomba Hali maybe out at Chiefs next..was thinking Dorsey may take a shot? but am not seeing a starting spot right now for Tomba..beats Tank/Burgess/Alexander maybe
2 good picks.and a tarheel that got paid by a agent at school. I like it.^^ Saw the Chiefs cut Derrick Johnson this week. Thinking Steelers make a run at him with Ryan down. read OLB Tomba Hali maybe out at Chiefs next..was thinking Dorsey may take a shot? but am not seeing a starting spot right now for Tomba..beats Tank/Burgess/Alexander maybe
Tomba wouldn't be contending for one of those spots. He'd be in the pass rush rotation with Nassib, Ogbah and Nate.
-
2 good picks.and a tarheel that got paid by a agent at school. I like it.^^ Saw the Chiefs cut Derrick Johnson this week. Thinking Steelers make a run at him with Ryan down. read OLB Tomba Hali maybe out at Chiefs next..was thinking Dorsey may take a shot? but am not seeing a starting spot right now for Tomba..beats Tank/Burgess/Alexander maybe
Tomba wouldn't be contending for one of those spots. He'd be in the pass rush rotation with Nassib, Ogbah and Nate.
Tomba wouldn't be contending for one of those spots. He'd be in the pass rush rotation with Nassib, Ogbah and Nate.
Yea, I see where they flipped him around at both positions from 3-4 to 4-3. Had a great year with Romeo in KC. but old timer flies. The Tomba is now age 34. Belicheck with Tomba & Harrison sounds about right
-
Pats played Harrison half the snaps in the AFC title game.. not sure about their plans for next season but LB has been a need for them beyond Donta Hightower since forever. Someone named Kyle VanNoy was a big Pats contributor last season.. and he wouldn't make the browns roster.
Hali looks like he's done in KC as a cap casualty
-
I've made up my mind regarding Vontae Davis. Sign him and don't think twice. If the guy passes the physical, sign him up. Having this giant amount of money doesn't help if you don't spend it. McCourty was a nice find until he got banged up, so let's roll the dice again.
-
I've made up my mind regarding Vontae Davis. Sign him and don't think twice. If the guy passes the physical, sign him up. Having this giant amount of money doesn't help if you don't spend it. McCourty was a nice find until he got banged up, so let's roll the dice again.
I've made up my mind regarding Vontae Davis. Sign him and don't think twice. If the guy passes the physical, sign him up. Having this giant amount of money doesn't help if you don't spend it. McCourty was a nice find until he got banged up, so let's roll the dice again.
Better'n finding another Bowe or Britt for sure.

-
We didn't get Marcus Peters, Vontae Davis, and obviously Alex Smith. I realize free agency hasn't begun, but it'd be nice to get in on the early action A LITTLE bit. Right now, there's going to be a few big names available from the secondary positions. The biggest name is Trumaine Johnson from the Rams, and we have an obvious connection with him (he played for Gregg and played well). I expect us to go HARD after him. We might have to overpay, but who gives a crap. Make it happen and let's get this secondary back on track. Trumaine Johnson signed and then Minkah Fitzpatrick drafted at 4? Yes please. Maybe with those two on field we can put Jabril Peppers in a position to succeed, instead of playing a position he knows nothing about.
-
We didn't get Marcus Peters, Vontae Davis, and obviously Alex Smith. I realize free agency hasn't begun, but it'd be nice to get in on the early action A LITTLE bit. Right now, there's going to be a few big names available from the secondary positions. The biggest name is Trumaine Johnson from the Rams, and we have an obvious connection with him (he played for Gregg and played well). I expect us to go HARD after him. We might have to overpay, but who gives a crap. Make it happen and let's get this secondary back on track. Trumaine Johnson signed and then Minkah Fitzpatrick drafted at 4? Yes please. Maybe with those two on field we can put Jabril Peppers in a position to succeed, instead of playing a position he knows nothing about.
We didn't get Marcus Peters, Vontae Davis, and obviously Alex Smith. I realize free agency hasn't begun, but it'd be nice to get in on the early action A LITTLE bit. Right now, there's going to be a few big names available from the secondary positions. The biggest name is Trumaine Johnson from the Rams, and we have an obvious connection with him (he played for Gregg and played well). I expect us to go HARD after him. We might have to overpay, but who gives a crap. Make it happen and let's get this secondary back on track. Trumaine Johnson signed and then Minkah Fitzpatrick drafted at 4? Yes please. Maybe with those two on field we can put Jabril Peppers in a position to succeed, instead of playing a position he knows nothing about.
And Wilson the CB we drafted hoping for full recovery.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
