Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Quarterback Stats

Quarterback Stats

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
33 Posts 11 Posters 904 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #1

    Quarterback       Ht       College         Year   Att  Cmp Cmp% Yards YPC TD  INT Rating

    Baker Mayfield   6-0    Oklahoma       2015 269  395  68.1    3700   9.4   36   7    173.3

                                                                    2016 254  358  71.0    3965  11.1  40   8    196.4

                                                                    2017 285  404  70.5    4627  11.5  43   6    198.9

    Quarterback       Ht       College         Year   Att  Cmp Cmp% Yards YPC TD  INT Rating

    Josh Allen           6-5      Wyoming       2016 209  373  56.0    3203   8.6   28  15  144.9

                                                                     2017 152  270  56.3    1812   6.7   16   6    127.8

    Quarterback       Ht       College         Year   Att  Cmp Cmp% Yards YPC TD  INT Rating

    Josh Rosen         6-5      UCLA             2015 292  487  60.0   3670    7.5  23   11   134.3

                                                                     2016 137  231  59.3    1915   8.2   10   5     138.9

                                                                     2017 283  452  62.6    3756   8.3   26   10   147.0

    Quarterback       Ht       College         Year    Att  Cmp Cmp% Yards YPC TD  INT Rating

    Lamar Jackson   6-3     Louisville       2015 135  247  54.7    1840   7.4   12   8    126.8

                                                                     2016 230  409  56.2    3543   8.7   30   9    148.8

                                                                     2017 254  430  59.1    3660   8.5   27   10  146.6

    Quarterback       Ht       College         Year   Att  Cmp Cmp% Yards YPC TD  INT Rating

    Mason Rudolph  6-5      Ok State        2015 264  424  62.3    3770   8.9   21   9    149.1

                                                                     2016 284  448  63.4    4091   9.1   28   4    158.9

                                                                     2017 318  489  65.0    4904  10.0  37   9    170.6

    Quarterback       Ht       College         Year   Att  Cmp Cmp% Yards YPC TD  INT Rating

    Mike White         6-4      WKU                2016 280  416  67.3    4363  10.5  37   7    181.4

                                                                     2017 254  358  65.7    4177   7.5    26   8    146.8                                                            

    Quarterback       Ht       College         Year   Att  Cmp Cmp% Yards YPC TD  INT Rating

    Sam Darnold      6-4      USC                 2016 246  366  67.2    3086   8.4   31   9    161.1

                                                                     2017 303   480  63.1    4143   8.6   26  13  148.1

    IMO, this is a pretty good year to need a QB. All these guys have some intriguing qualities but the reality remains we hold the1st and 4th selections overall.  The old saying is never go to the grocery store when you're hungry because everything looks delicious.  When it comes to the QB position, we're freakin hungry.  Even though stats don't always tell the whole story, I like to see how a kid does on his level of competition with comp%, TD:INT ratio and yards per completion.

    Once I have all that, I like to look at how much the QB was able to impact winning to determine whether they are my faves or not.  For example, I LIKE seeing Darnold beat the Big 10 Champions (inclusive of Barkley) as a Freshman.  If anyone saw that game - they know the USC QB had the greater impact on the outcome than the PSU RB.  I also like knowing he's not only overcome some adversity by improving his fumbling/ball security issues in the 2nd half of his final season but he won Pac 12 Championship in the process. The guy was undefeated at home and Mayock said he had something like a 20-4 record.  Mayfield started on 2 different teams after walking on at both.  I haven't seen many QBs beat Ohio State in Columbus nor have I seen many lead their teams to 48 points against UGA.  Let's get real for a second, Cleveland isn't an easy place to win so seeing guys overcome some kind of adversity with a competitive value that consistently leads their teams to victory - intrigues me.  Speaking of intrigue, Mike White led one of the highest scoring offenses in college football in 2016.  Unfortunately, that success sent his offensive minded HC (another former Cleveland Brown QB) Jeff Brohm to a bigger school.  Learning a new offense with teammates in his final year applied some adversity; but he still had a comp% of about 66 with a respectable 26 TDs to 8 INTs.  While WKU doesn't play a great competition, they usually include some SEC teams on their schedule. I don't know if I'd take White in either of our 1st 2 spots; BUT if we get the right veteran FA QB - he could be very tempting for one of our 3 RD 2 selections (while we go BPA and/or trade-back early).  It's gonna be interesting to say the least...

    It's fun to debate our faves and why as fans.  FWIW, QB topics on our message board that welcomes freedom of speech (and opinions from fans that like to share them) have always been heated, passionate and polarizing.  I don't see any harm in letting some of our guys get into the mosh pit and throw down about their guys.  Just like in the NFL post season when officials let a little more stuff go - I'm glad this board let a little more stuff go in our QB debates.  If we enter the pit - it's up to us to make ourselves sound coherent right? 

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    1 Reply Last reply
    👍 ❤
    Quote Reply
    • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
      • 4k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
      #2

      At this time, I like Mayfield or Darnold, but when I think about the folks we have in the evaluation & search processes, I feel very good about the upcoming draft. After the Combine, Pro Days, private visits, etc, it's comforting to know that the Browns actually have QUALIFIED people scouting & interviewing these prospects AND free agents.

      Bottom line for me is that I may be very surprised by what actually happens in the months ahead, but I'm all in on who we have in place to make it happen & I will support their choices.

      Mike.

      IN DORSEY I TRUST
      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • Tacosman T
        • 917 Posts
        • 108 Reputation
        T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
        #3

        don't overthink this...rosen is the pick.

        mjp28M MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • T Tacosman

          don't overthink this...rosen is the pick.

          mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 18k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @tacosman said:

          don't overthink this...rosen is the pick.

          I've seen Darnold, Mayfield,  Rosen all mixed up 1-2-3 and even others and not just by schmucks like us but by professional schmucks.

          Crap shoot time and they all grade high 6 or very low 7 prospective quarterbacks. 

          Overthink that? 😵

          GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 18k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
            #5

            Oh BTW that was good background information by Flugel.

            GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 11k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
              #6

              Here's some 2016-2017 highlights of Mike White.  Once this gets going - there's some gorgeous throws in here.

              I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • T Tacosman

                don't overthink this...rosen is the pick.

                MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                • 33k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @tacosman said:

                don't overthink this...rosen is the pick.

                Yeah but he's kind of a prick

                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                  @tacosman said:

                  don't overthink this...rosen is the pick.

                  Yeah but he's kind of a prick

                  Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 11k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
                  #8

                  @mld-woody said:

                  Yeah but he's kind of a prick

                  😁 And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy.  I watched him throw 2 brutal INTs (1 a pick 6 over the middle) vrs Memphis and his alleged greatness never kept scoring pace with such a program. I went into that game wanting to see what all the hype about the Rosen One was and left it hoping we'd be able to draft Memphis WR Anthony Miller. Here's a video of the matchup and pay particular to the 3rd quarter.

                  I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                  mjp28M S 3 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • FlugelF Flugel

                    @mld-woody said:

                    Yeah but he's kind of a prick

                    😁 And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy.  I watched him throw 2 brutal INTs (1 a pick 6 over the middle) vrs Memphis and his alleged greatness never kept scoring pace with such a program. I went into that game wanting to see what all the hype about the Rosen One was and left it hoping we'd be able to draft Memphis WR Anthony Miller. Here's a video of the matchup and pay particular to the 3rd quarter.

                    mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 18k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                    #9

                    @flugel said:

                    😁 And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy......

                    I feel that pretty much about the whole quarterback class of 2018.....never to be confused with the 35th anniversary of the epic class of 1983, but then again who is?

                    All I hear is this guy's negatives aren't as bad as the other ones negatives.

                    Who knows one or more might break out to be a great NFL QB, now where's my dead horse?  😆

                    GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                    Dutch OvenD 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • mjp28M mjp28

                      @flugel said:

                      😁 And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy......

                      I feel that pretty much about the whole quarterback class of 2018.....never to be confused with the 35th anniversary of the epic class of 1983, but then again who is?

                      All I hear is this guy's negatives aren't as bad as the other ones negatives.

                      Who knows one or more might break out to be a great NFL QB, now where's my dead horse?  😆

                      Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 15k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @mjp28 said:

                      I feel that pretty much about the whole quarterback class of 2018.....never to be confused with the 35th anniversary of the epic class of 1983, but then again who is?

                      All I hear is this guy's negatives aren't as bad as the other ones negatives.

                      Who knows one or more might break out to be a great NFL QB, now where's my dead horse?  😆

                      It's been beaten beyond recognition.... 😆

                      mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                        @mjp28 said:

                        I feel that pretty much about the whole quarterback class of 2018.....never to be confused with the 35th anniversary of the epic class of 1983, but then again who is?

                        All I hear is this guy's negatives aren't as bad as the other ones negatives.

                        Who knows one or more might break out to be a great NFL QB, now where's my dead horse?  😆

                        It's been beaten beyond recognition.... 😆

                        mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                        • 18k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                        #11

                        @dutch-oven said:

                        It's been beaten beyond recognition.... 😆

                        Ummmmm. And it was delicious !

                        GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                          • 64k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                          He just has "IT". All of it.

                          http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                          The GipperT T 2 Replies Last reply
                          ❤
                          Quote Reply
                          • FlugelF Flugel

                            @mld-woody said:

                            Yeah but he's kind of a prick

                            😁 And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy.  I watched him throw 2 brutal INTs (1 a pick 6 over the middle) vrs Memphis and his alleged greatness never kept scoring pace with such a program. I went into that game wanting to see what all the hype about the Rosen One was and left it hoping we'd be able to draft Memphis WR Anthony Miller. Here's a video of the matchup and pay particular to the 3rd quarter.

                            SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 994 Posts
                            • 260 Reputation
                            S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @flugel said:

                            😁 And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy.  I watched him throw 2 brutal INTs (1 a pick 6 over the middle) vrs Memphis and his alleged greatness never kept scoring pace with such a program. I went into that game wanting to see what all the hype about the Rosen One was and left it hoping we'd be able to draft Memphis WR Anthony Miller. Here's a video of the matchup and pay particular to the 3rd quarter.

                            That last pick was just brutal.  It's one part of a game.  Just like Darnold got raped most of the game vs buckeyes.  It's not hurting their draft statuses

                            FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • C calfoxwc

                              I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                              He just has "IT". All of it.

                              http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                              • 57k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @calfoxwc said:

                              I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                              He just has "IT". All of it.

                              http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                              Just a Wild butt Prediction:    The Bengals draft him to be there new backup after McCarron leaves.

                              C hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • The GipperT The Gipper

                                @calfoxwc said:

                                I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                                He just has "IT". All of it.

                                http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                                Just a Wild butt Prediction:    The Bengals draft him to be there new backup after McCarron leaves.

                                calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                • 64k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                                #15

                                @the-gipper said:

                                Just a Wild butt Prediction:    The Bengals draft him to be there their new backup after McCarron leaves, for the first half-year, and then takes them to the playoffs the second half

                                (fixed)

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Just a Wild butt Prediction:    The Bengals draft him to be there their new backup after McCarron leaves, for the first half-year, and then takes them to the playoffs the second half

                                  (fixed)

                                  A.  OK, you fixed it, Grammar Nazi

                                  B. I have no clue what you are trying to say with your second "fix".  Are you saying that...in this scenario...that White takes over in the second half of the Bengals season and takes them to the playoffs?  (honesty...that was not quite clear).

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                    • 18k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I guess he's holding Gip to some higher but not totally understood standard. 😕

                                    GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C calfoxwc

                                      I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                                      He just has "IT". All of it.

                                      http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                                      TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 23k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @calfoxwc said:

                                      I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                                      He just has "IT". All of it.

                                      http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                                      My draft special is RB Sony Michael, Georgia who has now moved up into the 1st round by walterfootball right after Barkley. I picked him out during the playoffs and he has advanced past teammate Nick Chubb. Quicker, more explosive and good tough yards after first contact. I personally think he's better than Barkley who is not as good in yards after first contact.

                                      http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php

                                      hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                                        @calfoxwc said:

                                        I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                                        He just has "IT". All of it.

                                        http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                                        Just a Wild butt Prediction:    The Bengals draft him to be there new backup after McCarron leaves.

                                        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 20k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        Just a Wild butt Prediction:    The Bengals draft him to be there new backup after McCarron leaves.

                                        That could well happen. A lot of fans in Bengal land aren't too happy with Dandy Andy anymore. They wanted Dalton benched and McCarron to start.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • T TexasAg1969

                                          @calfoxwc said:

                                          I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.

                                          He just has "IT". All of it.

                                          http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ

                                          My draft special is RB Sony Michael, Georgia who has now moved up into the 1st round by walterfootball right after Barkley. I picked him out during the playoffs and he has advanced past teammate Nick Chubb. Quicker, more explosive and good tough yards after first contact. I personally think he's better than Barkley who is not as good in yards after first contact.

                                          http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php

                                          hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 20k Posts
                                          • 5k Reputation
                                          hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @texasag1969 said:

                                          My draft special is RB Sony Michael, Georgia who has now moved up into the 1st round by walterfootball right after Barkley. I picked him out during the playoffs and he has advanced past teammate Nick Chubb. Quicker, more explosive and good tough yards after first contact. I personally think he's better than Barkley who is not as good in yards after first contact.

                                          http://walterfootball.com/draft2018RB.php

                                          With you there Ag. Impressive in the Championship game. May have to trade up to get him. It would be the ultimate board hoot if he was drafted before Barkley. 🙂

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate