Quarterback Stats
-
Just a Wild butt Prediction: The Bengals draft him to be
theretheir new backup after McCarron leaves, for the first half-year, and then takes them to the playoffs the second half(fixed)
A. OK, you fixed it, Grammar Nazi
B. I have no clue what you are trying to say with your second "fix". Are you saying that...in this scenario...that White takes over in the second half of the Bengals season and takes them to the playoffs? (honesty...that was not quite clear).
-
I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.
He just has "IT". All of it.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ
I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.
He just has "IT". All of it.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ
My draft special is RB Sony Michael, Georgia who has now moved up into the 1st round by walterfootball right after Barkley. I picked him out during the playoffs and he has advanced past teammate Nick Chubb. Quicker, more explosive and good tough yards after first contact. I personally think he's better than Barkley who is not as good in yards after first contact.
-
I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.
He just has "IT". All of it.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ
Just a Wild butt Prediction: The Bengals draft him to be there new backup after McCarron leaves.
Just a Wild butt Prediction: The Bengals draft him to be there new backup after McCarron leaves.
That could well happen. A lot of fans in Bengal land aren't too happy with Dandy Andy anymore. They wanted Dalton benched and McCarron to start.
-
I could draft this kid for the Browns and never be sorry. He's my Garoppolo sp? choice this year.
He just has "IT". All of it.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000910811/WKU-QB-Mike-White-proves-his-football-IQ
My draft special is RB Sony Michael, Georgia who has now moved up into the 1st round by walterfootball right after Barkley. I picked him out during the playoffs and he has advanced past teammate Nick Chubb. Quicker, more explosive and good tough yards after first contact. I personally think he's better than Barkley who is not as good in yards after first contact.
My draft special is RB Sony Michael, Georgia who has now moved up into the 1st round by walterfootball right after Barkley. I picked him out during the playoffs and he has advanced past teammate Nick Chubb. Quicker, more explosive and good tough yards after first contact. I personally think he's better than Barkley who is not as good in yards after first contact.
With you there Ag. Impressive in the Championship game. May have to trade up to get him. It would be the ultimate board hoot if he was drafted before Barkley.

-
I guess he's holding Gip to some higher but not totally understood standard.

My neuropathy is bugging me this morning....ergo my typing skills are suffering somewhat. I have had to edit and correct at least a half dozen of my posts to correct typing errors....not that that was a typing error.
-
I guess he's holding Gip to some higher but not totally understood standard.

My neuropathy is bugging me this morning....ergo my typing skills are suffering somewhat. I have had to edit and correct at least a half dozen of my posts to correct typing errors....not that that was a typing error.
My neuropathy is bugging me this morning....ergo my typing skills are suffering somewhat. I have had to edit and correct at least a half dozen of my posts to correct typing errors....not that that was a typing error.
I know you're normally a wordsmith.
I love my tablet but it wants to hijack my words even make short phrases out of them, drives me nuts......these kids just don't understand.

-
lol. My phone does that to me. Some strange words show up when I txt too fast.
I had Sony Michel in one of my two earlier stupid mock drafts - isn't as big as some, but really runs strong....
has some great instincts. If he goes in the first round - that's too bad when we have three picks in the second.
Now, I would have Ballage with second or third round pick. He's going to be that high after the combine.
-
And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy. I watched him throw 2 brutal INTs (1 a pick 6 over the middle) vrs Memphis and his alleged greatness never kept scoring pace with such a program. I went into that game wanting to see what all the hype about the Rosen One was and left it hoping we'd be able to draft Memphis WR Anthony Miller. Here's a video of the matchup and pay particular to the 3rd quarter.
That last pick was just brutal. It's one part of a game. Just like Darnold got raped most of the game vs buckeyes. It's not hurting their draft statuses
That last pick was just brutal. It's one part of a game. Just like Darnold got raped most of the game vs buckeyes. It's not hurting their draft statuses
There's a gigantic difference between Ohio State's Defense and the one at Memphis Tom. Look what OSU keep putting in the NFL at Corner, Safety, and DE. Let's not forget Darnold DID beat the Big 10 Champions (Penn State) in 2016 as a Freshman and he won the Pac 12 Championship in 2017 as a soph. Meanwhile UCLA was a ho-hum 4-8 in 2016 and 6-7 in 2017, which ultimately lead to their Head Coach getting fired.
Just to clarify: I think Rosen will be drafted high as he's often included in the top 3 QBs whether I agree or not. That said, he's not one of my faves at all.
-
That last pick was just brutal. It's one part of a game. Just like Darnold got raped most of the game vs buckeyes. It's not hurting their draft statuses
There's a gigantic difference between Ohio State's Defense and the one at Memphis Tom. Look what OSU keep putting in the NFL at Corner, Safety, and DE. Let's not forget Darnold DID beat the Big 10 Champions (Penn State) in 2016 as a Freshman and he won the Pac 12 Championship in 2017 as a soph. Meanwhile UCLA was a ho-hum 4-8 in 2016 and 6-7 in 2017, which ultimately lead to their Head Coach getting fired.
Just to clarify: I think Rosen will be drafted high as he's often included in the top 3 QBs whether I agree or not. That said, he's not one of my faves at all.
There's a gigantic difference between Ohio State's Defense and the one at Memphis Tom. Look what OSU keep putting in the NFL at Corner, Safety, and DE. Let's not forget Darnold DID beat the Big 10 Champions (Penn State) in 2016 as a Freshman and he won the Pac 12 Championship in 2017 as a soph. Meanwhile UCLA was a ho-hum 4-8 in 2016 and 6-7 in 2017, which ultimately lead to their Head Coach getting fired.
Just to clarify: I think Rosen will be drafted high as he's often included in the top 3 QBs whether I agree or not. That said, he's not one of my faves at all.
Record doesn't matter as much as how you looked in the games. He lost to Darnold, but definitely outplayed him. USC always has great teams, their QB's don't do much in NFL. Same with Ohio state. Same with lots of big 12 schools.
Rosen had very few weapons, lasley was his #1 and was injured most of the season. They didn't have a line or a running game, or any defense. Can't blame him for the 2016 record as he missed half with a shoulder injury, which he came back from very well next season.
Can't blame him much at all imo. Putting up that many points and yards a game, the team should've won a whole lot more. I'm sure he's learned he can't be the hero every play, but it's gotta be frustrating when you score 40+points and still lose. Their defense was ranked 122. They were a sieve. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3
Hey, let's just hope whomever it is, is finally the right pick. Been far too long. We're all sick of seeing these top QB's go elsewhere because the team was scared to pull the trigger and take a chance.
I'd rather see Mayfield or Rosen than Darnold or Allen, but fingers crossed either way
-
Yeah but he's kind of a prick
And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy. I watched him throw 2 brutal INTs (1 a pick 6 over the middle) vrs Memphis and his alleged greatness never kept scoring pace with such a program. I went into that game wanting to see what all the hype about the Rosen One was and left it hoping we'd be able to draft Memphis WR Anthony Miller. Here's a video of the matchup and pay particular to the 3rd quarter.
And I'm not sure what all the hype is about the guy. I watched him throw 2 brutal INTs (1 a pick 6 over the middle) vrs Memphis and his alleged greatness never kept scoring pace with such a program. I went into that game wanting to see what all the hype about the Rosen One was and left it hoping we'd be able to draft Memphis WR Anthony Miller. Here's a video of the matchup and pay particular to the 3rd quarter.
Cuz of games like this. And really Darnold looked like aworld beater when he beat PSU, yet looked awful vs Buckeyes last year. One game good or bad means little overall.
-
And to me, it's just more about his command of the offense, and poise. He (for better or worse) isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and take a big hit just to deliver a pass. His throws and motion just look like an NFL QB. He makes a play, and he's already getting the calls from the sideline and getting his offense ready.
Incidentally, I think the Browns will get a great QB this draft. There's several that can be good. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, White, Allen, Benkert, Jackson, Rudolph. Lots of RB's too.
I can't wait! This is a huge draft.
-
There's a gigantic difference between Ohio State's Defense and the one at Memphis Tom. Look what OSU keep putting in the NFL at Corner, Safety, and DE. Let's not forget Darnold DID beat the Big 10 Champions (Penn State) in 2016 as a Freshman and he won the Pac 12 Championship in 2017 as a soph. Meanwhile UCLA was a ho-hum 4-8 in 2016 and 6-7 in 2017, which ultimately lead to their Head Coach getting fired.
Just to clarify: I think Rosen will be drafted high as he's often included in the top 3 QBs whether I agree or not. That said, he's not one of my faves at all.
Record doesn't matter as much as how you looked in the games. He lost to Darnold, but definitely outplayed him. USC always has great teams, their QB's don't do much in NFL. Same with Ohio state. Same with lots of big 12 schools.
Rosen had very few weapons, lasley was his #1 and was injured most of the season. They didn't have a line or a running game, or any defense. Can't blame him for the 2016 record as he missed half with a shoulder injury, which he came back from very well next season.
Can't blame him much at all imo. Putting up that many points and yards a game, the team should've won a whole lot more. I'm sure he's learned he can't be the hero every play, but it's gotta be frustrating when you score 40+points and still lose. Their defense was ranked 122. They were a sieve. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3
Hey, let's just hope whomever it is, is finally the right pick. Been far too long. We're all sick of seeing these top QB's go elsewhere because the team was scared to pull the trigger and take a chance.
I'd rather see Mayfield or Rosen than Darnold or Allen, but fingers crossed either way
Record doesn't matter as much as how you looked in the games. He lost to Darnold, but definitely outplayed him. USC always has great teams, their QB's don't do much in NFL. Same with Ohio state. Same with lots of big 12 schools.
Rosen had very few weapons, lasley was his #1 and was injured most of the season. They didn't have a line or a running game, or any defense. Can't blame him for the 2016 record as he missed half with a shoulder injury, which he came back from very well next season.
Can't blame him much at all imo. Putting up that many points and yards a game, the team should've won a whole lot more. I'm sure he's learned he can't be the hero every play, but it's gotta be frustrating when you score 40+points and still lose. Their defense was ranked 122. They were a sieve. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3
Hey, let's just hope whomever it is, is finally the right pick. Been far too long. We're all sick of seeing these top QB's go elsewhere because the team was scared to pull the trigger and take a chance.
I'd rather see Mayfield or Rosen than Darnold or Allen, but fingers crossed either way
Too many excuses for comfort. Dorsey said winning is important in his criteria for evaluating QB prospects. Almost scoring as many points as Memphis didn't impress me. His pick 6 and the brutal INT took place during an ideal opportunity for top QB prospect to prove he can win that kind of game. He gagged when it was time to win it. IMO, the yardage thrown for takes a back seat to his turnovers that prevented the win. I've seen countless losing QBs throw for more yards than the winning QB so I've learned to understand how meaningless junk time stats are. I'm guessing this went on a lot in UCLA's 6-7 season.
Thanks for reminding about his lack of durability as well. The other time I wanted to see him play in a nationally televised night game, he couldn't finish the first half/game due to a bruised back. On top of all that, he's had multiple concussions. None of this has me thinking perfect guy for Cleveland at all. If you think he didn't had weapons or a defense at UCLA - what do you think a 1-31 football team equips him with?
-
Record doesn't matter as much as how you looked in the games. He lost to Darnold, but definitely outplayed him. USC always has great teams, their QB's don't do much in NFL. Same with Ohio state. Same with lots of big 12 schools.
Rosen had very few weapons, lasley was his #1 and was injured most of the season. They didn't have a line or a running game, or any defense. Can't blame him for the 2016 record as he missed half with a shoulder injury, which he came back from very well next season.
Can't blame him much at all imo. Putting up that many points and yards a game, the team should've won a whole lot more. I'm sure he's learned he can't be the hero every play, but it's gotta be frustrating when you score 40+points and still lose. Their defense was ranked 122. They were a sieve. https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3
Hey, let's just hope whomever it is, is finally the right pick. Been far too long. We're all sick of seeing these top QB's go elsewhere because the team was scared to pull the trigger and take a chance.
I'd rather see Mayfield or Rosen than Darnold or Allen, but fingers crossed either way
Too many excuses for comfort. Dorsey said winning is important in his criteria for evaluating QB prospects. Almost scoring as many points as Memphis didn't impress me. His pick 6 and the brutal INT took place during an ideal opportunity for top QB prospect to prove he can win that kind of game. He gagged when it was time to win it. IMO, the yardage thrown for takes a back seat to his turnovers that prevented the win. I've seen countless losing QBs throw for more yards than the winning QB so I've learned to understand how meaningless junk time stats are. I'm guessing this went on a lot in UCLA's 6-7 season.
Thanks for reminding about his lack of durability as well. The other time I wanted to see him play in a nationally televised night game, he couldn't finish the first half/game due to a bruised back. On top of all that, he's had multiple concussions. None of this has me thinking perfect guy for Cleveland at all. If you think he didn't had weapons or a defense at UCLA - what do you think a 1-31 football team equips him with?
Too many excuses for comfort. Dorsey said winning is important in his criteria for evaluating QB prospects. Almost scoring as many points as Memphis didn't impress me. His pick 6 and the brutal INT took place during an ideal opportunity for top QB prospect to prove he can win that kind of game. He gagged when it was time to win it. IMO, the yardage thrown for takes a back seat to his turnovers that prevented the win. I've seen countless losing QBs throw for more yards than the winning QB so I've learned to understand how meaningless junk time stats are. I'm guessing this went on a lot in UCLA's 6-7 season.
Thanks for reminding about his lack of durability as well. The other time I wanted to see him play in a nationally televised night game, he couldn't finish the first half/game due to a bruised back. On top of all that, he's had multiple concussions. None of this has me thinking perfect guy for Cleveland at all. If you think he didn't had weapons or a defense at UCLA - what do you think a 1-31 football team equips him with?
It's a fact his wrs dropped more passes than any of his peers. He's perfect for the Browns... And he'll be right at home. Lol
He's still the best passer in the draft and most nfl ready. Memphis was one game he lost, A&M was a game he won in the 4th.
http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/110/1070189/passing/situational.html
The whole purpose of being a 1 win team was to get top picks and FA that can make a big impact. They're primed for a big turnaround really soon. the Browns have more talent than UCLA, and especially a better line.
-
Too many excuses for comfort. Dorsey said winning is important in his criteria for evaluating QB prospects. Almost scoring as many points as Memphis didn't impress me. His pick 6 and the brutal INT took place during an ideal opportunity for top QB prospect to prove he can win that kind of game. He gagged when it was time to win it. IMO, the yardage thrown for takes a back seat to his turnovers that prevented the win. I've seen countless losing QBs throw for more yards than the winning QB so I've learned to understand how meaningless junk time stats are. I'm guessing this went on a lot in UCLA's 6-7 season.
Thanks for reminding about his lack of durability as well. The other time I wanted to see him play in a nationally televised night game, he couldn't finish the first half/game due to a bruised back. On top of all that, he's had multiple concussions. None of this has me thinking perfect guy for Cleveland at all. If you think he didn't had weapons or a defense at UCLA - what do you think a 1-31 football team equips him with?
It's a fact his wrs dropped more passes than any of his peers. He's perfect for the Browns... And he'll be right at home. Lol
He's still the best passer in the draft and most nfl ready. Memphis was one game he lost, A&M was a game he won in the 4th.
http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/110/1070189/passing/situational.html
The whole purpose of being a 1 win team was to get top picks and FA that can make a big impact. They're primed for a big turnaround really soon. the Browns have more talent than UCLA, and especially a better line.
It's a fact his wrs dropped more passes than any of his peers. He's perfect for the Browns... And he'll be right at home. Lol
He's still the best passer in the draft and most nfl ready. Memphis was one game he lost, A&M was a game he won in the 4th.
http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/110/1070189/passing/situational.html
The whole purpose of being a 1 win team was to get top picks and FA that can make a big impact. They're primed for a big turnaround really soon. the Browns have more talent than UCLA, and especially a better line.
LOL! Good passion in your argument Tom. Yeah, I'm really pumped up for this off season and the draft. I agree with you about being primed for a big turnaround soon.
-
It's a fact his wrs dropped more passes than any of his peers. He's perfect for the Browns... And he'll be right at home. Lol
He's still the best passer in the draft and most nfl ready. Memphis was one game he lost, A&M was a game he won in the 4th.
http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/110/1070189/passing/situational.html
The whole purpose of being a 1 win team was to get top picks and FA that can make a big impact. They're primed for a big turnaround really soon. the Browns have more talent than UCLA, and especially a better line.
LOL! Good passion in your argument Tom. Yeah, I'm really pumped up for this off season and the draft. I agree with you about being primed for a big turnaround soon.
LOL! Good passion in your argument Tom. Yeah, I'm really pumped up for this off season and the draft. I agree with you about being primed for a big turnaround soon.
I can honestly say that I'm more excited about this draft and the 12 picks, #1 and 4 ~and~ an incredible 7 well grouped picks in the Top 108 (from memory).
The reward for going 0-16, but we're over that, right?
And of course the biggest offseason thriller "Who will be the BROWNS QB?". Biggest tease since "Who shot JR?"

Might get some players for 2018.
-
It's a fact his wrs dropped more passes than any of his peers. He's perfect for the Browns... And he'll be right at home. Lol
He's still the best passer in the draft and most nfl ready. Memphis was one game he lost, A&M was a game he won in the 4th.
http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/110/1070189/passing/situational.html
The whole purpose of being a 1 win team was to get top picks and FA that can make a big impact. They're primed for a big turnaround really soon. the Browns have more talent than UCLA, and especially a better line.
LOL! Good passion in your argument Tom. Yeah, I'm really pumped up for this off season and the draft. I agree with you about being primed for a big turnaround soon.
-
LOL! Good passion in your argument Tom. Yeah, I'm really pumped up for this off season and the draft. I agree with you about being primed for a big turnaround soon.
I can honestly say that I'm more excited about this draft and the 12 picks, #1 and 4 ~and~ an incredible 7 well grouped picks in the Top 108 (from memory).
The reward for going 0-16, but we're over that, right?
And of course the biggest offseason thriller "Who will be the BROWNS QB?". Biggest tease since "Who shot JR?"

Might get some players for 2018.
I can honestly say that I'm more excited about this draft and the 12 picks, #1 and 4 ~and~ an incredible 7 well grouped picks in the Top 108 (from memory).
The reward for going 0-16, but we're over that, right?
And of course the biggest offseason thriller "Who will be the BROWNS QB?". Biggest tease since "Who shot JR?"

Might get some players for 2018.
I hear ya my man! We couldn't have a better opportunity than we have this off season via the 7 picks in the top 108 you speak of plus the incredible amount of spending money we have to lasso some "Yes" tags in free agency.
A lot of good stuff to talk about. The Underwear Olympics in Indy are just a week away. Then a week after that kicks off the free agent frenzy. Stay tuned....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login