Skip to content

Perfect offseason

The Browns Board
21 15 591
  • To solidify the team to win a few games in 2018.

    Free agent picks

    Carlos Hyde to replace crow,

    Free agent wide out.  Anyone on FA list with decent hands.  Get Landry or Robinson .

    Sign maccaron 

    Best db available you can get.

    Draft

    Rosen

    Fitzpatrick 

    BPA. At offensive tackle

    Wideout

    Outside Lb

    Cb

    Wr

    Offensive guard

    Inside linebacker

    RB

    AFTER THIS ALL THE WAY BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

    I listed the way we should address needs. And not fanboy picks in later rounds.

  • I have my corcerns signing Hyde. Though I like him, he isn't getting any younger. I'd prefer drafting a RB with a 2Rd pick. 

    Also, I think we need help in the Dline, at least a serviceable player to add depth.

    Otherwise I pretty much like it.

  • I have my corcerns signing Hyde. Though I like him, he isn't getting any younger. I'd prefer drafting a RB with a 2Rd pick. 

    Also, I think we need help in the Dline, at least a serviceable player to add depth.

    Otherwise I pretty much like it.

    @nero said:

    I have my corcerns signing Hyde. Though I like him, he isn't getting any younger. I'd prefer drafting a RB with a 2Rd pick. 

    Also, I think we need help in the Dline, at least a serviceable player to add depth.

    Otherwise I pretty much like it.

    I'm with you, Nero. I want to draft our own running back, and this draft appears to be stocked with 2nd to 4th round talent...who can likely start. We might find our own Kamara or Hunt. Guice runs angry and appears to be the kind of guy the Dawg Pound would love. Many fans might want Saquon Barkley, but I don't see that happening because we have so many defensive needs, and John Dorsey has never drafted a RB in the first round. 

  • Start by removing the dead weight, Orchard,Louis,Coates,bottle Kessler,Hogan and ...........    ............  ..........   ..............

  • Start by removing the dead weight, Orchard,Louis,Coates,bottle Kessler,Hogan and ...........    ............  ..........   ..............

    @7moses7 said:

    Start by removing the dead weight, Orchard,Louis,Coates,bottle Kessler,Hogan and ...........    ............  ..........   ..............

    And bring back a healthy Leslie, play Dayes and hope Wilson has recovered enough to be the CB we need out there. Give Garrett Chubb @ #1 if Mccarron is added. Fitzgerald #4.

  • Free agents

    QB Kirk Cousins

    WR Allen Robinson

    CB Trumaine Johnson

    Draft 

    1.a- DE Bradley Chubb

    1.b- Trade back with Arizona get the 15th, a first next year and FS Tyrann Mathieu. At 15 take CB Josh Jackson

    2.a- WR Christian Kirk

    2.b- RB Rashaad Penny

    2.c- S Armani Watts

    3- WR Auden Tate

    4- OLB Darius Leonard

    Use the rest of the picks on players that slide and Olineman

    QB- K. Cousins D. Kizer

    RB- R. Penny D. Johnson M. Dayes

    FB- D. Vitale

    WR- J. Gordon C. Kirk A. Tate

    WR- A. Robinson C. Coleman

    TE- D. Njoku S. Devalve

    LT- J. Thomas

    LG- J. Botonio

    C- J. Tretter

    RG- K. Zeitler

    RT- S. Coleman

    DE- M. Garrett E. Ogbah

    DT- D. Shelton L. Ogunjobi

    DT- T. Coley C. Brantley

    DE- B. Chubb C. Nassib

    OLB- J. Collins J. Burgess

    MLB- J. Schobert

    OLB- C. Kirksey D. Leonard

    CB- T. Johnson B. Boddy-Calhoun J. Taylor

    CB- J. McCourty J. Jackson H. Wilson

    FS- T. Mathieu K. Nacua

    SS- A. Watts J. Peppers D. Kindred

  • To solidify the team to win a few games in 2018.

    Free agent picks

    Carlos Hyde to replace crow,

    Free agent wide out.  Anyone on FA list with decent hands.  Get Landry or Robinson .

    Sign maccaron 

    Best db available you can get.

    Draft

    Rosen

    Fitzpatrick 

    BPA. At offensive tackle

    Wideout

    Outside Lb

    Cb

    Wr

    Offensive guard

    Inside linebacker

    RB

    AFTER THIS ALL THE WAY BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

    I listed the way we should address needs. And not fanboy picks in later rounds.

    @lbc-mike said:

    To solidify the team to win a few games in 2018.

    Free agent picks

    Carlos Hyde to replace crow,

    Free agent wide out.  Anyone on FA list with decent hands.  Get Landry or Robinson .

    Sign maccaron 

    Best db available you can get.

    Draft

    Rosen

    Fitzpatrick 

    I can't disagree with any of your choices.  However, not that I disagree, but I would take either Josh Allen or Sam Darnold over Rosen.  Not that I think they could not play him, but Rosen's said a number of times, he just doesn't want to be here.  And with the #4, I can do Fitzpatrick, but I would rather Barclay.  I would take either though. 

  • I love El Guapo but there's little history to indicate he can be available for us at even 12 games.  Make no mistake, when he is that one cut game he has is devastating.

    Would prefer Michel in the 2nd-ish.  Keep in mind I'm a Buckeye and still say that.  

  • I love El Guapo but there's little history to indicate he can be available for us at even 12 games.  Make no mistake, when he is that one cut game he has is devastating.

    Would prefer Michel in the 2nd-ish.  Keep in mind I'm a Buckeye and still say that.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    I love El Guapo but there's little history to indicate he can be available for us at even 12 games.  Make no mistake, when he is that one cut game he's got is devastating.

    Would prefer Michel in the 2nd-ish.  Keep in mind I'm a Buckeye and still say that.  

    LOL. Hyde's nickname is "el Guapo"? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I love El Guapo but there's little history to indicate he can be available for us at even 12 games.  Make no mistake, when he is that one cut game he's got is devastating.

    Would prefer Michel in the 2nd-ish.  Keep in mind I'm a Buckeye and still say that.  

    LOL. Hyde's nickname is "el Guapo"? 

    @nero said:

    LOL. Hyde's nickname is "el Guapo"? 

    Last I checked.

  • Hyde was dominant at Ohio state.  Injuries have derailed his NFL career.  

    He was unstoppable 

  • We own 12 draft picks for 2018.

    We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

  • We own 12 draft picks for 2018.

    We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

    @orion said:

    We own 12 draft picks for 2018.

    We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

    I can see that and how to you keep even near the 12 players, who gets cut? And yes they need quality and have the draft stock to do it. Trade up to maybe 9 or 10 better picks would be fine with me.

    GO BROWNS,  April 26-28 is crucial for fans everywhere! 

  • @lbc-mike said:

    To solidify the team to win a few games in 2018.

    Free agent picks

    Carlos Hyde to replace crow,

    Free agent wide out.  Anyone on FA list with decent hands.  Get Landry or Robinson .

    Sign maccaron 

    Best db available you can get.

    Draft

    Rosen

    Fitzpatrick 

    I can't disagree with any of your choices.  However, not that I disagree, but I would take either Josh Allen or Sam Darnold over Rosen.  Not that I think they could not play him, but Rosen's said a number of times, he just doesn't want to be here.  And with the #4, I can do Fitzpatrick, but I would rather Barclay.  I would take either though. 

    @dawg2fan said:

    I can't disagree with any of your choices.  However, not that I disagree, but I would take either Josh Allen or Sam Darnold over Rosen.  Not that I think they could not play him, but Rosen's said a number of times, he just doesn't want to be here.  And with the #4, I can do Fitzpatrick, but I would rather Barclay.  I would take either though. 

    Sort of an oddity, but it will hurt no matter who we take at 4.  Knowing we left two of either chubb, fitz, or barkley for some other teams to take.  In a perfect world we would package all our picks and take all 3.

  • @7moses7 said:

    Start by removing the dead weight, Orchard,Louis,Coates,bottle Kessler,Hogan and ...........    ............  ..........   ..............

    And bring back a healthy Leslie, play Dayes and hope Wilson has recovered enough to be the CB we need out there. Give Garrett Chubb @ #1 if Mccarron is added. Fitzgerald #4.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And bring back a healthy Leslie, play Dayes and hope Wilson has recovered enough to be the CB we need out there. Give Garrett Chubb @ #1 if Mccarron is added. Fitzgerald #4.

    Who is Fitzgerald? Haven't heard his name brought up

  • @dawg2fan said:

    I can't disagree with any of your choices.  However, not that I disagree, but I would take either Josh Allen or Sam Darnold over Rosen.  Not that I think they could not play him, but Rosen's said a number of times, he just doesn't want to be here.  And with the #4, I can do Fitzpatrick, but I would rather Barclay.  I would take either though. 

    Sort of an oddity, but it will hurt no matter who we take at 4.  Knowing we left two of either chubb, fitz, or barkley for some other teams to take.  In a perfect world we would package all our picks and take all 3.

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    Sort of an oddity, but it will hurt no matter who we take at 4.  Knowing we left two of either chubb, fitz, or barkley for some other teams to take.  In a perfect world we would package all our picks and take all 3.

    Absolutely not!!!   Way too many picks for 3 players.  And what if one of them doesn't pan out?  Or god forsake 2 or even 3.  We have too many positions to fill, so I would keep our picks.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    And bring back a healthy Leslie, play Dayes and hope Wilson has recovered enough to be the CB we need out there. Give Garrett Chubb @ #1 if Mccarron is added. Fitzgerald #4.

    Who is Fitzgerald? Haven't heard his name brought up

    @gunz41 said:

    Who is Fitzgerald? Haven't heard his name brought up

    He used to be Fitzpatrick-obviously I game him a new nickname.😆

  • We own 12 draft picks for 2018.

    We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

    @orion said:

    We own 12 draft picks for 2018.

    We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

    I expect that to happen.  It would not surprise me at all is we again end up with 3 picks in round one.

  • @orion said:

    We own 12 draft picks for 2018.

    We can't draft that many.  We already have the youngest team in the league.  How young do we wanna get?  Instead of trading back, we should be trading up.

    I expect that to happen.  It would not surprise me at all is we again end up with 3 picks in round one.

    @the-gipper said:

    I expect that to happen.  It would not surprise me at all is we again end up with 3 picks in round one.

    Completely agree. This is how I see the offseason going:

    -Sign McCarron. I don't think browns brass is overly high on Cousins to pay him that kind of money

    -Sign T.P, & Donte Moncrief

    -Sign Isiah Johnson

    -Sign Kyle Fuller

    -Sign Hitchens from Dallas

    Draft:

    1A. Sam Darnold- They will fall in love with him and will believe they can fix his turnover issues

    1B. This pick is getting traded to the jets for Leonard Williams and the 6th pick whom they then take Fitzpatrick. Jets will take Allen

    1C. The Browns trade back into the first round and take Connor Williams. Give up 35 (Second 2nd Rounder)  and 65 (3rd rounder) to jump inside the top 20

    2a. Isaiah Oliver from Colorado

    2B. Rashaad Penny from SD St. 

    3. trade 97 (top of the 4th) and Kizer to AZ for 79, take Jaire Alexander from Louisville

    4. Jerome Baker

    5. Mike White

    Rest of the draft is BPA, but they will trade out of the fifth and seventh rounds for draft picks next year

    The defensive backfield is a whole lot better. The defensive line is incredible, almost downright scary. You get your stud RB in Penny whom I am very high on and you have your QB of the future plus a qb who can help win now. Of course if they sign Cousins, this gets completely blown apart and I think the #1 pick is sold for a ransom of draft picks and players. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I expect that to happen.  It would not surprise me at all is we again end up with 3 picks in round one.

    Completely agree. This is how I see the offseason going:

    -Sign McCarron. I don't think browns brass is overly high on Cousins to pay him that kind of money

    -Sign T.P, & Donte Moncrief

    -Sign Isiah Johnson

    -Sign Kyle Fuller

    -Sign Hitchens from Dallas

    Draft:

    1A. Sam Darnold- They will fall in love with him and will believe they can fix his turnover issues

    1B. This pick is getting traded to the jets for Leonard Williams and the 6th pick whom they then take Fitzpatrick. Jets will take Allen

    1C. The Browns trade back into the first round and take Connor Williams. Give up 35 (Second 2nd Rounder)  and 65 (3rd rounder) to jump inside the top 20

    2a. Isaiah Oliver from Colorado

    2B. Rashaad Penny from SD St. 

    3. trade 97 (top of the 4th) and Kizer to AZ for 79, take Jaire Alexander from Louisville

    4. Jerome Baker

    5. Mike White

    Rest of the draft is BPA, but they will trade out of the fifth and seventh rounds for draft picks next year

    The defensive backfield is a whole lot better. The defensive line is incredible, almost downright scary. You get your stud RB in Penny whom I am very high on and you have your QB of the future plus a qb who can help win now. Of course if they sign Cousins, this gets completely blown apart and I think the #1 pick is sold for a ransom of draft picks and players. 

    @bigalow80 said:

    3. trade 97 (top of the 4th) and Kizer to AZ for 79, take Jaire Alexander from Louisville

    ...you obviously consider Kizer to be of basically no value.

    I think if, as you say, we sign McCarron, then we don't draft a QB, so Kizer would be our backup.  - This would be about the best scenario that Kizer could hope for...because if they sign someone like McCown, then you know they're drafting a QB #1 overall.