Skip to content

Rashaad Penny - Underrated

The Browns Board
52 14 1.7k
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #4

    As I've said before, my cousin (a Browns fan) has been on this kid for a long time.  He DOES look good.

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I've got him ranked above Barkley I really like this kid. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    So...you are saying that on Draft Day we should be doing this:

  • Rather see a CB or FS at #4, but yeah. QB1, then CB or FS/SS , then this guy in rd 2 somewhere.

    His brother is an NFL RB. If anyone understands what it takes, it's this guy.  He sounds ready to work his butt off to show he's the best. Being in a weak conference didn't hurt Marshall Faulk at all.... and this guy broke Faulk's record 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @sd_tom said:

    Rather see a CB or FS at #4, but yeah. QB1, then CB or FS/SS , then this guy in rd 2 somewhere.

    His brother is an NFL RB. If anyone understands what it takes, it's this guy.  He sounds ready to work his butt off to show he's the best. Being in a weak conference didn't hurt Marshall Faulk at all.... and this guy broke Faulk's record 

    I agree with you.  QB at 1...best player who's not a RB or QB at 4 and then draft this guy in round 2.     He did play in a small conference but as opposed to a certain small conference  QB who wilted against better competition.  This guy still put up big numbers and his team won both of those games against Pac 12 opponents Stanford and Arizona State.    18 for 216 (12 ypc avg) against ASU and 32 for 175 (5.5 ypc) against Stanford.    

    9/9 @Arizona State W 30-20 18 216 12.0 95 1  
    9/16 Stanford           W 20-17   32 175 5.5 36

    1

  • @sd_tom said:

    Rather see a CB or FS at #4, but yeah. QB1, then CB or FS/SS , then this guy in rd 2 somewhere.

    His brother is an NFL RB. If anyone understands what it takes, it's this guy.  He sounds ready to work his butt off to show he's the best. Being in a weak conference didn't hurt Marshall Faulk at all.... and this guy broke Faulk's record 

    I agree with you.  QB at 1...best player who's not a RB or QB at 4 and then draft this guy in round 2.     He did play in a small conference but as opposed to a certain small conference  QB who wilted against better competition.  This guy still put up big numbers and his team won both of those games against Pac 12 opponents Stanford and Arizona State.    18 for 216 (12 ypc avg) against ASU and 32 for 175 (5.5 ypc) against Stanford.    

    9/9 @Arizona State W 30-20 18 216 12.0 95 1  
    9/16 Stanford           W 20-17   32 175 5.5 36

    1

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @mark-o said:

    I agree with you.  QB at 1...best player who's not a RB or QB at 4 and then draft this guy in round 2.     He did play in a small conference but as opposed to a certain small conference  QB who wilted against better competition.  This guy still put up big numbers and his team won both of those games against Pac 12 opponents Stanford and Arizona State.    18 for 216 (12 ypc avg) against ASU and 32 for 175 (5.5 ypc) against Stanford.    

    9/9 @Arizona State W 30-20 18 216 12.0 95 1  
    9/16 Stanford           W 20-17   32 175 5.5 36

    1

    His game vs asu was incredible.  

  • L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #9

    He’s a good back but he can’t pass block.. AT ALL. I think that will be detrimental to his NFL career. He is really talented though.

    Don’t see us drafting him because we already have Duke. I think we’re going to grab Ronald Jones II as our bellcow back in the 2nd round.

  • He’s a good back but he can’t pass block.. AT ALL. I think that will be detrimental to his NFL career. He is really talented though.

    Don’t see us drafting him because we already have Duke. I think we’re going to grab Ronald Jones II as our bellcow back in the 2nd round.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #10

    @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s a good back but he can’t pass block.. AT ALL. I think that will be detrimental to his NFL career. He is really talented though.

    Don’t see us drafting him because we already have Duke. I think we’re going to grab Ronald Jones II as our bellcow back in the 2nd round.

    A 200lb "bellcow back"? Duke is 210 and undersized for the position.

  • He’s a good back but he can’t pass block.. AT ALL. I think that will be detrimental to his NFL career. He is really talented though.

    Don’t see us drafting him because we already have Duke. I think we’re going to grab Ronald Jones II as our bellcow back in the 2nd round.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s a good back but he can’t pass block.. AT ALL. I think that will be detrimental to his NFL career. He is really talented though.

    Don’t see us drafting him because we already have Duke. I think we’re going to grab Ronald Jones II as our bellcow back in the 2nd round.

    His press conference was a good watch.  Stated specifically that pass protection iswhat he's been working on for the NFL,  and he's ready to prove he's a 3 down back. 

    I liked Jones usc too,  but penny is bigger than most of the other backs coming out. 

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s a good back but he can’t pass block.. AT ALL. I think that will be detrimental to his NFL career. He is really talented though.

    Don’t see us drafting him because we already have Duke. I think we’re going to grab Ronald Jones II as our bellcow back in the 2nd round.

    A 200lb "bellcow back"? Duke is 210 and undersized for the position.

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @logicisforsquares said:

    A 200lb "bellcow back"? Duke is 210 and undersized for the position.

    He’s 20 years old, he’ll mature physically and fill out

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    A 200lb "bellcow back"? Duke is 210 and undersized for the position.

    He’s 20 years old, he’ll mature physically and fill out

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s 20 years old, he’ll mature physically and fill out

    You don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and hope they fill out. At this point, "filling out" for Jones would be getting to Duke's size.

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s 20 years old, he’ll mature physically and fill out

    You don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and hope they fill out. At this point, "filling out" for Jones would be getting to Duke's size.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and hope they fill out. At this point, "filling out" for Jones would be getting to Duke's size.

    9231888.gif&hash=48c77091ee8208e7cf6f9c3

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I'd rather take Josh Adams from ND than Jones,  because of his size 

    I think Penny is just better.  Same weight,  a few inches shorter. 

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s 20 years old, he’ll mature physically and fill out

    You don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and hope they fill out. At this point, "filling out" for Jones would be getting to Duke's size.

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and hope they fill out. At this point, "filling out" for Jones would be getting to Duke's size.

    That’s your opinion, I respect it. I personally believe he’s a first rd talent, who will get drafted in the second round and be an absolute STEAL for whoever gets him.

    Time will tell who’s right and who’s wrong

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s a good back but he can’t pass block.. AT ALL. I think that will be detrimental to his NFL career. He is really talented though.

    Don’t see us drafting him because we already have Duke. I think we’re going to grab Ronald Jones II as our bellcow back in the 2nd round.

    His press conference was a good watch.  Stated specifically that pass protection iswhat he's been working on for the NFL,  and he's ready to prove he's a 3 down back. 

    I liked Jones usc too,  but penny is bigger than most of the other backs coming out. 

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @sd_tom said:

    His press conference was a good watch.  Stated specifically that pass protection iswhat he's been working on for the NFL,  and he's ready to prove he's a 3 down back. 

    I liked Jones usc too,  but penny is bigger than most of the other backs coming out. 

    I didn’t see his press conference, but it’s awesome that he recognizes what he needs to work on. Sounds like a guy who works hard and is humble

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Penny, Michel or Guice, just get one of them in the 2nd round.

  • Penny, Michel or Guice, just get one of them in the 2nd round.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @topdawg31 said:

    Penny, Michel or Guice, just get one of them in the 2nd round.

    Penny,  Penny, Penny

  • @lionofbuddha said:

    He’s 20 years old, he’ll mature physically and fill out

    You don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and hope they fill out. At this point, "filling out" for Jones would be getting to Duke's size.

    L LionOfBuddha wrote on last edited by LionOfBuddha
    #20

    @logicisforsquares said:

    You don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds and hope they fill out. At this point, "filling out" for Jones would be getting to Duke's size.

    Disagree. Duke Johnson is 5’9 210. Ronald Jones is 6’0. That height is a big difference when it comes to filling out. Jones will be 220-225 when he fills out.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I'm noticing Kerryon Johnson more and more. Three down back, powerful, pass catcher, very good pass blocker...

    second round.

    I think Ballage will be a steal in the 4th/5th rounds. Just seems the Browns need a power kickass rb.

  • I'm noticing Kerryon Johnson more and more. Three down back, powerful, pass catcher, very good pass blocker...

    second round.

    I think Ballage will be a steal in the 4th/5th rounds. Just seems the Browns need a power kickass rb.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm noticing Kerryon Johnson more and more. Three down back, powerful, pass catcher, very good pass blocker...

    second round.

    I think Ballage will be a steal in the 4th/5th rounds. Just seems the Browns need a power kickass rb.

    You can take a short trip with Kerryon Ballage.   Easier to go through airport security.

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by
    #23

    No won ever fills out. EVER. Draft BPA.