Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Shotgun question

Shotgun question

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
19 Posts 7 Posters 533 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #1

    I'm sure there are guys on here that know more about weapons than I do, but I'm wondering what's the highest capacity shotgun you can buy? Here are a few, are there any with like a 15 round clip?

    https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns-for-sale-online/semi-automatic-shotguns-for-sale.html

     The reason I ask is that a sawed-off version of one of these would fit easily in a backpack and probably take out an entire bus load of kids in the hands of a lunatic.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    LogicIsForSquaresL 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 23k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Kel-tec makes a 15 ROUNDER. I'm sure there are others out there as well.

      Personally I own an a Beretta over/under which has 2 rounds which is all you need for dove hunting since you are likely to see a pair come in together. If you can't get a "double" with that, then you aren't worth a damn with a shotgun.😆 Others people I have hunted with have 5 round pumps or semi-autos, but you must have a plug in the magazine while bird hunting in Texas that limits you to 3 shots only before reloading. Game wardens can issue a citation for violation of that rule on the spot. I don't know if they can also confiscate the shotgun like they used to be able to do "back in the day".

      https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/kel-tec-ksg-15-round-shotgun-range-report/

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        I'm sure there are guys on here that know more about weapons than I do, but I'm wondering what's the highest capacity shotgun you can buy? Here are a few, are there any with like a 15 round clip?

        https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns-for-sale-online/semi-automatic-shotguns-for-sale.html

         The reason I ask is that a sawed-off version of one of these would fit easily in a backpack and probably take out an entire bus load of kids in the hands of a lunatic.

        WSS

        LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 10k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @westside-steve said:

        I'm sure there are guys on here that know more about weapons than I do, but I'm wondering what's the highest capacity shotgun you can buy? Here are a few, are there any with like a 15 round clip?

        https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns-for-sale-online/semi-automatic-shotguns-for-sale.html

         The reason I ask is that a sawed-off version of one of these would fit easily in a backpack and probably take out an entire bus load of kids in the hands of a lunatic.

        WSS

        Vepr and Saiga shotguns had/have 20 rd drums. As far as regular pump shotguns, you can get competition magazine tube extensions that will bump you up to a 10 shell tube.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • W Westside Steve

          I'm sure there are guys on here that know more about weapons than I do, but I'm wondering what's the highest capacity shotgun you can buy? Here are a few, are there any with like a 15 round clip?

          https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns-for-sale-online/semi-automatic-shotguns-for-sale.html

           The reason I ask is that a sawed-off version of one of these would fit easily in a backpack and probably take out an entire bus load of kids in the hands of a lunatic.

          WSS

          LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 10k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @westside-steve said:

          I'm sure there are guys on here that know more about weapons than I do, but I'm wondering what's the highest capacity shotgun you can buy? Here are a few, are there any with like a 15 round clip?

          https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns-for-sale-online/semi-automatic-shotguns-for-sale.html

           The reason I ask is that a sawed-off version of one of these would fit easily in a backpack and probably take out an entire bus load of kids in the hands of a lunatic.

          WSS

          If there is a will there is a way. The VT shooter was actually using ban-era 10rd mags. He just did regular mag changes and shot a bunch of unarmed people.

          T 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

            @westside-steve said:

            I'm sure there are guys on here that know more about weapons than I do, but I'm wondering what's the highest capacity shotgun you can buy? Here are a few, are there any with like a 15 round clip?

            https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns-for-sale-online/semi-automatic-shotguns-for-sale.html

             The reason I ask is that a sawed-off version of one of these would fit easily in a backpack and probably take out an entire bus load of kids in the hands of a lunatic.

            WSS

            If there is a will there is a way. The VT shooter was actually using ban-era 10rd mags. He just did regular mag changes and shot a bunch of unarmed people.

            The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 15k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @logicisforsquares said:

            If there is a will there is a way. The VT shooter was actually using ban-era 10rd mags. He just did regular mag changes and shot a bunch of unarmed people.

            He also chained the doors shut 

            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
              • 15k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
              #6

              A traditional shotgun with shot in it would only be really lethal at close range so running would be a lot more effective. Slugs though. I don't know I'm not a regular shotgun afficianado. 

              Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
              W LogicIsForSquaresL 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • T The Cysko Kid

                A traditional shotgun with shot in it would only be really lethal at close range so running would be a lot more effective. Slugs though. I don't know I'm not a regular shotgun afficianado. 

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @the-cysko-kid said:

                A traditional shotgun with shot in it would only be really lethal at close range so running would be a lot more effective. Slugs though. I don't know I'm not a regular shotgun afficianado. 

                Yes but I mentioned the school bus which should be fish in a barrel. Probably even a regular sized classroom. Probably not going to wipe out an auditorium full of people.

                Not only that but saw it off with a pistol grip would be lots easier to conceal.

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • T The Cysko Kid

                  A traditional shotgun with shot in it would only be really lethal at close range so running would be a lot more effective. Slugs though. I don't know I'm not a regular shotgun afficianado. 

                  LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 10k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @the-cysko-kid said:

                  A traditional shotgun with shot in it would only be really lethal at close range so running would be a lot more effective. Slugs though. I don't know I'm not a regular shotgun afficianado. 

                  Buckshot will get the job done out to 30-40 yards with a full choke. Slugs I have never used past 50-60 yards but it would absolutely be accurate within that range.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                    • 28k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    For a massacre like Steve was asking about I would say buckshot.  A slug though more powerful, wouldn't cause the number of casualties.  

                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                      • 28k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                        • 64k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        sawed off shotguns are illegal. so is carrying one into a school to commit murder

                        on helpless students and faculty.

                        W 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • C calfoxwc

                          sawed off shotguns are illegal. so is carrying one into a school to commit murder

                          on helpless students and faculty.

                          Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @calfoxwc said:

                          sawed off shotguns are illegal. so is carrying one into a school to commit murder

                          on helpless students and faculty.

                          Oops I forgot about that. Problem solved.

                          WSS

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 994 Posts
                            • 260 Reputation
                            S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Bigger question...

                            Mossberg 510 or Remington 870? My gun collecting buddies debate this all the time.

                            T 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                              • 64k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/remington-bankruptcy-could-put-rifle-settlement-at-risk-attorneys-say.html

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • S SD_Tom

                                Bigger question...

                                Mossberg 510 or Remington 870? My gun collecting buddies debate this all the time.

                                TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 23k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                                #15

                                @sd_tom said:

                                Bigger question...

                                Mossberg 510 or Remington 870? My gun collecting buddies debate this all the time.

                                http://www.beretta.com/en-us/686-silver-pigeon-i/😆

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                  • 28k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍 😂
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 23k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                                    #17

                                    LOL! I may have to track down his gun control T-shirt.😁

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                      • 28k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Image may contain: one or more people and text

                                      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      😢
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                        • 28k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Still love th 30-30 lever action. 

                                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        Theme
                                        • System
                                        • Light
                                        • Dark
                                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Forums
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Users
                                        • Donate