The Combine - a few days away...
-
Darnold not throwing is a bit of a bummer.
I'm sure that his agent told him that he's the #1 overall pick and that it wouldn't be in his own best interest to throw at the combine.
Allen has to throw (IMO) because he's gotta prove that he's accurate. (although that could be a reason NOT to throw with guys that he's not used to working with)
Rosen's agent made him come out and say that he NEVER said that he didn't want to play for Cleveland...and that he has NO IDEA where that could've come from. But he's on tape stating that he wouldn't see anything wrong with falling a little bit to the 'right' team rather than being picked early. It's ok Josh. We understand that NO QB in their right mind really wants to come to Cleveland right now. Just don't SAY it...Cos ya gotta go where they draft ya. Preferably someplace with a good OL so that frail noggin' and body of yours doesn't get hurt.
And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield. She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him. - She was there, I wasn't.
The combine kinda' get's the draft season rolling. Teams get accurate measurements and a chance to interview players. And the QB interviews will be very important for us. I would love to be a fly on the wall for Rosen and Mayfield's chat with us.
And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield. She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him. - She was there, I wasn't.
Could you elaborate on this or post a link to her talking about it?
This is interesting.
-
-
And Mary Kay is worried about what she saw at the senior bowl regarding Mayfield. She came away with the feeling that he could still have a little of that Manziel mentality in him. - She was there, I wasn't.
Could you elaborate on this or post a link to her talking about it?
This is interesting.
Could you elaborate on this or post a link to her talking about it?
This is interesting.
They spoke with her today on 92 The Fan around 11:00am. I was at my desk working with their Internet site on and heard it (well from 11:07 on - I was away from my desk 'til then so I don't know how much I missed)
She didn't go into specifics but said that she saw a few things from him that sent up 'little red flags' (her words). I know that he was very late getting there (his mother was in the hospital). I know that he told Chicago that he wouldn't talk to them since they just drafted their QB.
-
Oh Lamar...

-
Could you elaborate on this or post a link to her talking about it?
This is interesting.
They spoke with her today on 92 The Fan around 11:00am. I was at my desk working with their Internet site on and heard it (well from 11:07 on - I was away from my desk 'til then so I don't know how much I missed)
She didn't go into specifics but said that she saw a few things from him that sent up 'little red flags' (her words). I know that he was very late getting there (his mother was in the hospital). I know that he told Chicago that he wouldn't talk to them since they just drafted their QB.
They spoke with her today on 92 The Fan around 11:00am. I was at my desk working with their Internet site on and heard it (well from 11:07 on - I was away from my desk 'til then so I don't know how much I missed)
I have some doubts about Mayfield's maturity, but I don't think his character issues will torpedo his career like it did Manziel's.
That being said, I can see NFL defensive veterans wanting to make Mayfield know his place from his first snap, like they did with Manziel.
-
yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical
rosenbum poster licker.
To the first statement....To me, it's foolish to draft a QB that is a project and needs time at #1 overall or even #4 overall on a team that has more holes than swiss cheese. This team needs guys who can play, not a guy who needs 2 or 3 years of sitting around learning how to play. We already have that guy on the roster, why do we want to go that route again.
As for the 2nd statement...Nice to see that you've really grown up in the last week since I've spent a lot of time on the board.

To the first statement....To me, it's foolish to draft a QB that is a project and needs time at #1 overall or even #4 overall on a team that has more holes than swiss cheese. This team needs guys who can play, not a guy who needs 2 or 3 years of sitting around learning how to play. We already have that guy on the roster, why do we want to go that route again.
As for the 2nd statement...Nice to see that you've really grown up in the last week since I've spent a lot of time on the board.

it's also foolish to draft a selfish, arrogant, entitled to be the center of attention prick who might bust like ryan leaf with a really high pick. To be honest, Brandon Weedon, Derek bigfoot Anderson,
The didn't process information well at the pro level. That is Kizer. That is NOT Allen - near as I can tell, he processes terrific - can look one way, and then throw another completely different area, even opposite. I think that is a rare quality.
"I think you have to see the potential," Hall of Fame quarterback and Denver Broncos general manager John Elway said. "You have to have the raw potential of the arm strength and the ability to move around and to process information. Those are the three things you try to find out about in a quarterback. It's up to us in that point in time to coach them and see if they can mature and become the player you want them to be at the position. You have to have that ability, first, and then hopefully we can get it out of you."
That strategy, though, is only a different version of the same bet with slightly lower stakes. When looking for quarterbacks, everybody is gambling on something, whether it's their ability to project greatness, a coach's effectiveness at matching a player with a scheme, or a passer's propensity to learn and his drive to be the best.
The payoff -- Super Bowls, contract extensions for both player and evaluator, a long period of stability at the most important position in sports -- is too vast for teams not to keep trying, mistakes and all. But even those who have reaped the greatest returns from their quarterback picks know how fortunate they are to be remembered for their successes more than they are held responsible for their mistakes.
"You'd like to think you're always right," Turner said. "But some guys handle this level of competition better than others. This game is faster; it's more physical; it's more competitive. Guys don't get open by as much. They don't stay open as long. Some guys, you see things in them, and you say, 'Hey, I think this guy has what it takes,' and it doesn't transfer the way you'd expect it to. I think that's happened for anybody who's evaluating players in this league."
Said Wolf: "If you had a key to that position, you could retire and buy an island. For every one you get correct, you get six, seven, eight or nine more incorrect. People try to make it a science. There's no science involved here. You've got to have a little luck."
ESPN NFL Nation reporters Rob Demovsky, Jeff Legwold and Michael Rothstein contributed to this report.
*******************************************************************
as to your last statement - I am just able to channel my adaptability and communicate with you on your low level. I'm glad to see you at least try to not have a nervous breakdown over being disagreed with. Have a nice day.
Oh, wait - read in the read up above. It's complicated - I don't see rosen measuring up, not even on a physical level. Best pure pocket passer isn't going to make it, when that is the only thing he has going for him. Read the article - it's great, and no, I didn't write it.
-
You do realize there are at least 2 other quarterbacks that could be drafted high in the first round besides Jake Allen and Rosen right? Why is it everytime someone says anything remotely negative about Allen you have to go on a diatribe about Rosen?
Its unhealthy the hate you have for someone you don't even know.
-
You do realize there are at least 2 other quarterbacks that could be drafted high in the first round besides Jake Allen and Rosen right? Why is it everytime someone says anything remotely negative about Allen you have to go on a diatribe about Rosen?
Its unhealthy the hate you have for someone you don't even know.
You do realize there are at least 2 other quarterbacks that could be drafted high in the first round besides Jake Allen and Rosen right? Why is it everytime someone says anything remotely negative about Allen you have to go on a diatribe about Rosen?
Its unhealthy the hate you have for someone you don't even know.
You do realize I have talked about Darnold a lot, too, right? Why is it you have to keep bitching the same bitching about Allen, and never be honest about your rosenbum? I actually completely stopped talking about him, but you, for one, wouldn't stop talking about him, so...lol, it was back on. And, you keep smarting off to me indirectly, and whatever - you get it back cause I don't care if you are a mod, you start crap, you get crap.
I'm just stubborn that way. I don't HATE rosen. I don't RESPECT him off the field, and I see glaring problems with him ON the field.
The off the field stuff - I wrote him off my list. Undraftable. Not durable, not a leader, doesn't love the game, can't handle adversity on or off the field, his accuracy goes badly when he is pressured, etc etc etcetc.
Here is the question: Why do you keep bringing Allen up negatively, when you don't want to keep hearing about him? LOL.
It seems that you want to campaign for your little fragile pipsqueak rosen, and you want the Browns to draft him, and maybe...you think that criticism of him on this board will be read by the Browns and they won't draft him? AHAHAHA.
whatever. That's just a guess. Why is it, you cannot say good things about Allen? and can't admit negatives about Rosen?
It's unhealthy to be all wet in egypt, and not know it.
-
I think Allen sucks.
Rosen isn't my first choice, which I have said 100 times. I know you're old but try to follow along. I prefer Darnold and Mayfield to Rosen but Rosen is miles ahead of Allen, who again I think sucks. He unraveled like a cheap suit against the toughest competition he faced and he's inaccurate.
-
You seem to be mentally old - too much california sun? Chronic dehydration?
I like Mayfield, but I can't shake the idea that he isn't a top ten/top fifteen qb. Short, immaturity concerns...whatever. I don't think the Browns can take the chance on another Johnny, rightly or wrongly.
Like Elway said - a qb that has the physical and mental ability to be great - you just hope he can get the coaching etc to become the great qb you think possible. That is Allen and Darnold. Maybe Rudolph, maybe a few others.
I watch Allen, Jackson, Mayfield, Rudolph, Darnold - and they have a fire, they love the game. Now, rosen - nope., I don't see it. a lot of people around the NFL don't see it. It's in so many profiles of him, that surely they aren't all completely wrong.
There were reasons to not have Brian Sipe or Bernie Kosar as your qb. But they had that leadership, and that mental toughness, that love for the game - that playing the mud, snow, losing by a TD, with only two minutes left, banged up, they still could find a way to make it happen.
The qb who typifies that more than more all of them - is Garroppolo. sp? Watching him in crunch time, to have to win a game, he was amazing and successful. That is a kind of magic I want to see in a qb. A fighter who finds a way.
I admire that in Mayfield - but ...there are a few problems with other things. Like with Manziel. Watching in that big game - he just kept making it happen. But his off the field problems ruined his life when he got big money and got the the pros.
Read up on how Ryan Leaf describes himself. I see much of what he says in Rosen.
-
I'm well aware of how Ryan Leaf describes himself. I watched that whole debacle first hand and have met him since he's cleaned himself up.
Rosen...Rosen...Rosen...Rosen.. That's all you can talk about. Leave it alone. How about how you've been humping Allen for months and he collapses in the big games. That just screams draft me high... Lets draft a project at #1 overall so he can sit on the bench for 3 years. That's a wise investment.
-
then apply what he said, to rosen, and figure out how it is similar. Take your time.I talk about all sorts of stuff. You keep bringing up Allen, and me, and rosen, but "I'm not allowed to disagree with you in response", because you don't want to have to cry? You STFU about allen and rosen, and I will, too.
There, Once and for all, stop being a prima donna valley girl and man up, shut the fook up, and I will not say one more wordabout rosen or allen myself (EDIT clarification - "until after the draft").
The trouble is, others can't stop it, but that is your deal. Take it? or break it? Why would we draft a personality that is a loser, who will probably have half a team, have a city and fan base, hate his guts because he can't STFU like you, and he can't stay healthy, and he makes excuses forever about why he can't hack it? Why, that doesn't sound like a good plan.
-
Simmie Cobb looked very good in the Ohio state game. He's a big wr too.
He'd be a great mid round pick
Simmie Cobb looked very good in the Ohio state game. He's a big wr too.
He'd be a great mid round pick
He may have trouble with his speed and long strides - getting open in the NFL may make him a bust.
or, his red flags could:
While he uses his body well when running, Cobbs’ routes aren’t the sharpest, and the aforementioned speed question limits his ability to create separation. The lost season should see plenty attention on his ankle during medical checks for any long-term concerns.
Off-field red flags could also hurt him, after an arrest before the 2017 season started that nearly led to him being made to sit for the Ohio State game referenced, after an incident with police following a concert.
-
Simmie Cobb looked very good in the Ohio state game. He's a big wr too.
He'd be a great mid round pick
He may have trouble with his speed and long strides - getting open in the NFL may make him a bust.
or, his red flags could:
While he uses his body well when running, Cobbs’ routes aren’t the sharpest, and the aforementioned speed question limits his ability to create separation. The lost season should see plenty attention on his ankle during medical checks for any long-term concerns.
Off-field red flags could also hurt him, after an arrest before the 2017 season started that nearly led to him being made to sit for the Ohio State game referenced, after an incident with police following a concert.
He may have trouble with his speed and long strides - getting open in the NFL may make him a bust.
or, his red flags could:
While he uses his body well when running, Cobbs’ routes aren’t the sharpest, and the aforementioned speed question limits his ability to create separation. The lost season should see plenty attention on his ankle during medical checks for any long-term concerns.
Off-field red flags could also hurt him, after an arrest before the 2017 season started that nearly led to him being made to sit for the Ohio State game referenced, after an incident with police following a concert.
Sweet. Late round pick then.

In all seriousness, the wrs who looked great in the Sr bowl are worth taking a long look at
-
You do realize there are at least 2 other quarterbacks that could be drafted high in the first round besides Jake Allen and Rosen right? Why is it everytime someone says anything remotely negative about Allen you have to go on a diatribe about Rosen?
Its unhealthy the hate you have for someone you don't even know.
You do realize I have talked about Darnold a lot, too, right? Why is it you have to keep bitching the same bitching about Allen, and never be honest about your rosenbum? I actually completely stopped talking about him, but you, for one, wouldn't stop talking about him, so...lol, it was back on. And, you keep smarting off to me indirectly, and whatever - you get it back cause I don't care if you are a mod, you start crap, you get crap.
I'm just stubborn that way. I don't HATE rosen. I don't RESPECT him off the field, and I see glaring problems with him ON the field.
The off the field stuff - I wrote him off my list. Undraftable. Not durable, not a leader, doesn't love the game, can't handle adversity on or off the field, his accuracy goes badly when he is pressured, etc etc etcetc.
Here is the question: Why do you keep bringing Allen up negatively, when you don't want to keep hearing about him? LOL.
It seems that you want to campaign for your little fragile pipsqueak rosen, and you want the Browns to draft him, and maybe...you think that criticism of him on this board will be read by the Browns and they won't draft him? AHAHAHA.
whatever. That's just a guess. Why is it, you cannot say good things about Allen? and can't admit negatives about Rosen?
It's unhealthy to be all wet in egypt, and not know it.
You do realize I have talked about Darnold a lot, too, right? Why is it you have to keep bitching the same bitching about Allen, and never be honest about your rosenbum? I actually completely stopped talking about him, but you, for one, wouldn't stop talking about him, so...lol, it was back on. And, you keep smarting off to me indirectly, and whatever - you get it back cause I don't care if you are a mod, you start crap, you get crap.
I'm just stubborn that way. I don't HATE rosen. I don't RESPECT him off the field, and I see glaring problems with him ON the field.
The off the field stuff - I wrote him off my list. Undraftable. Not durable, not a leader, doesn't love the game, can't handle adversity on or off the field, his accuracy goes badly when he is pressured, etc etc etcetc.
Here is the question: Why do you keep bringing Allen up negatively, when you don't want to keep hearing about him? LOL.
It seems that you want to campaign for your little fragile pipsqueak rosen, and you want the Browns to draft him, and maybe...you think that criticism of him on this board will be read by the Browns and they won't draft him? AHAHAHA.
whatever. That's just a guess. Why is it, you cannot say good things about Allen? and can't admit negatives about Rosen?
It's unhealthy to be all wet in egypt, and not know it.
Cal, you're as negative about Rosen as Po is positive about Barkley. You don't need to keep spewing the same diatribe- it's really, really old.
FWIW, Mark isn't in love with Rosen- neither am I. But we say anything negative about Allen- or think he's not all that great a prospect- you get your panties all in a bunch.
-
yet, I've admitted Allen needs some time many times. You just don't read, you want to emotionally knee jerk like the typical
rosenbum poster licker.
To the first statement....To me, it's foolish to draft a QB that is a project and needs time at #1 overall or even #4 overall on a team that has more holes than swiss cheese. This team needs guys who can play, not a guy who needs 2 or 3 years of sitting around learning how to play. We already have that guy on the roster, why do we want to go that route again.
As for the 2nd statement...Nice to see that you've really grown up in the last week since I've spent a lot of time on the board.

To the first statement....To me, it's foolish to draft a QB that is a project and needs time at #1 overall or even #4 overall on a team that has more holes than swiss cheese. This team needs guys who can play, not a guy who needs 2 or 3 years of sitting around learning how to play. We already have that guy on the roster, why do we want to go that route again.
As for the 2nd statement...Nice to see that you've really grown up in the last week since I've spent a lot of time on the board.

Drafting a QB and throwing him out there day 1 would be a mistake.
-
If it is not corrected by professional coaching.
Penn State Larry Johnson came to the Chiefs and was carrying the ball wrong. Had to be taught the correct way.
So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion?
So you think the positioning for carrying a football is the same as a QB's throwing motion?
Bad mechanics.
Some of these guys have been playing football since pee wee days and are doing it wrong.
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login