Skip to content

The Combine - a few days away...

The Browns Board
152 20 3.3k
  • I wont miss a second ....as the Browns GM I owe it to the fans to be thorough ........ if anyone wants me I will be in the closet making out with Jennifer Garner.

  • Saquon Barkley will run a 2.9 forty. Book it. 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    Saquon Barkley will run a 2.9 forty. Book it. 😆

    😆 And just wait til we see him run it forward Dutch.

    Based on everything I've heard, it sounds like I should put some cake down that he's gonna finish before Charley's Casserlys even completes the start click on his stop watch.   Stay tuned...

  • I will just watch the highlights. I'm not THAT hooked to this sport (yet?). 

    But I will thoroughly read what you guys post about your impressions 😉 Finally something new for the draft talk we have been running here since October!

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Josh Allen will be there.

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    I see the camps of:

    A. Darnold

    B. Rosen

    C. Allen

    D. the other guys

    Face it they just can't agree on anything, I agree too.....that this quarterback class is, uhhhh, unspectacular?  Now where's my dead horse, any bones still left?

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Josh Allen will be there.

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    The "Great One" Rosen will be arriving on the red carpet via limo.

    The Pre Madonna will be a bust just watch. Allen is the next QB who will a star in the NFL.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    The "Great One" Rosen will be arriving on the red carpet via limo.

    The Pre Madonna will be a bust just watch. Allen is the next QB who will a star in the NFL.

    @boo-fagley said:

    The "Great One" Rosen will be arriving on the red carpet via limo.

    The Pre Madonna will be a bust just watch. Allen is the next QB who will a star in the NFL.

    Pre Madonna or Post Madonna? 

    In all seriousness,  show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime,  and was dropped. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    I see the camps of:

    A. Darnold

    B. Rosen

    C. Allen

    D. the other guys

    Face it they just can't agree on anything, I agree too.....that this quarterback class is, uhhhh, unspectacular?  Now where's my dead horse, any bones still left?

    @mjp28 said:

    I see the camps of:

    A. Darnold

    B. Rosen

    C. Allen

    D. the other guys

    Face it they just can't agree on anything, I agree too.....that this quarterback class is, uhhhh, unspectacular?  Now where's my dead horse, any bones still left?

    I really want to see Lamar Jackson.  Very underrated as a passer imo. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    The "Great One" Rosen will be arriving on the red carpet via limo.

    The Pre Madonna will be a bust just watch. Allen is the next QB who will a star in the NFL.

    @boo-fagley said:

    The "Great One" Rosen will be arriving on the red carpet via limo.

    The Pre Madonna will be a bust just watch. Allen is the next QB who will a star in the NFL.

    And if he's available with the #33 overall pick, I think the Browns should possibly consider taking him. 

    Possibly... 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Josh Allen will be there.

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Will the broad side of the barn that he misses regularly be there too?

    There's a guy that needs the combine.  And needs to show that he's as good as anyone else in shorts.

  • I will just watch the highlights. I'm not THAT hooked to this sport (yet?). 

    But I will thoroughly read what you guys post about your impressions 😉 Finally something new for the draft talk we have been running here since October!

    @nero said:

    I will just watch the highlights. I'm not THAT hooked to this sport (yet?). 

    But I will thoroughly read what you guys post about your impressions 😉 Finally something new for the draft talk we have been running here since October!

    You should watch if you have the opportunity.

    Catch some podcasts on the draft too. First Draft with McShay and Kiper or PFF's Draft podcast

  • @mjp28 said:

    I see the camps of:

    A. Darnold

    B. Rosen

    C. Allen

    D. the other guys

    Face it they just can't agree on anything, I agree too.....that this quarterback class is, uhhhh, unspectacular?  Now where's my dead horse, any bones still left?

    I really want to see Lamar Jackson.  Very underrated as a passer imo. 

    @sd_tom said:

    I really want to see Lamar Jackson.  Very underrated as a passer imo. 

    I agree. If handled correctly, could be very good.

  • I'm not gonna be able to see much of anything.  I'll be working at my parent's house preparing it for sale (like this and last weekend).  No tv service.

  • @sd_tom said:

    I really want to see Lamar Jackson.  Very underrated as a passer imo. 

    I agree. If handled correctly, could be very good.

    @mld-woody said:

    I agree. If handled correctly, could be very good.

    His passing stats are better than Allen's and he played against much tougher competition. He is a freak of an athlete, and FWIW, Michael Vick thinks he'll be awesome. Vick said essentially every QB who's drafted is a project, because there are no guarantees. 

    I think his 40 time will have people paying attention, and if he looks decent in the throwing drills, he'll bump his stock quite a bit. 

  • yea I'll be on tape delay Combine viewing all weekend. Time for some..mail counting    

  • The GMs are more interested in the interview process there than they are in the drills. Drills only there to verify what they see on game tape. Those passing drills for QBs with a guy chasing with a broom are pure cowpoop. BTW a bull is not a cow so it's b u l l s h i t, not cowpoop.😁

  • @boo-fagley said:

    The "Great One" Rosen will be arriving on the red carpet via limo.

    The Pre Madonna will be a bust just watch. Allen is the next QB who will a star in the NFL.

    Pre Madonna or Post Madonna? 

    In all seriousness,  show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime,  and was dropped. 

    @sd_tom said:

    Pre Madonna or Post Madonna? 

    In all seriousness,  show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime,  and was dropped. 

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

  • @sd_tom said:

    Pre Madonna or Post Madonna? 

    In all seriousness,  show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime,  and was dropped. 

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

    @boo-fagley said:

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    Would you select them in the 1st round today?

  • @sd_tom said:

    Pre Madonna or Post Madonna? 

    In all seriousness,  show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime,  and was dropped. 

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

    @boo-fagley said:

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

    Blah blah blah blah blah. 

    So a comparison of Allen vs Rosen gets a rambling response about manziel,  Brees,  brady,  farve,  RGIII,  and Vick... And no Allen film or stats to disprove my point. 

    Well done.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    Would you select them in the 1st round today?

    @boo-fagley said:

    Would you select them in the 1st round today?

    That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make. 

    Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course.    In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.

    With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals.   That player is Rosen.