The Combine - a few days away...
-
I will just watch the highlights. I'm not THAT hooked to this sport (yet?).
But I will thoroughly read what you guys post about your impressions
Finally something new for the draft talk we have been running here since October!
I will just watch the highlights. I'm not THAT hooked to this sport (yet?).
But I will thoroughly read what you guys post about your impressions
Finally something new for the draft talk we have been running here since October!
You should watch if you have the opportunity.
Catch some podcasts on the draft too. First Draft with McShay and Kiper or PFF's Draft podcast
-
I see the camps of:
A. Darnold
B. Rosen
C. Allen
D. the other guys
Face it they just can't agree on anything, I agree too.....that this quarterback class is, uhhhh, unspectacular? Now where's my dead horse, any bones still left?
I really want to see Lamar Jackson. Very underrated as a passer imo.
-
-
I agree. If handled correctly, could be very good.
His passing stats are better than Allen's and he played against much tougher competition. He is a freak of an athlete, and FWIW, Michael Vick thinks he'll be awesome. Vick said essentially every QB who's drafted is a project, because there are no guarantees.
I think his 40 time will have people paying attention, and if he looks decent in the throwing drills, he'll bump his stock quite a bit.
-
-
The GMs are more interested in the interview process there than they are in the drills. Drills only there to verify what they see on game tape. Those passing drills for QBs with a guy chasing with a broom are pure cowpoop. BTW a bull is not a cow so it's b u l l s h i t, not cowpoop.

-
The "Great One" Rosen will be arriving on the red carpet via limo.
The Pre Madonna will be a bust just watch. Allen is the next QB who will a star in the NFL.
Pre Madonna or Post Madonna?
In all seriousness, show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime, and was dropped.
Pre Madonna or Post Madonna?
In all seriousness, show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime, and was dropped.
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go
I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for. What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.
-
Pre Madonna or Post Madonna?
In all seriousness, show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime, and was dropped.
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go
I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for. What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
Off the top of my head? I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh. I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.
Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.
-
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
Off the top of my head? I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh. I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.
Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.
Off the top of my head? I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh. I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.
Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.
Would you select them in the 1st round today?
-
Pre Madonna or Post Madonna?
In all seriousness, show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime, and was dropped.
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go
I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for. What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go
I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for. What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.
Blah blah blah blah blah.
So a comparison of Allen vs Rosen gets a rambling response about manziel, Brees, brady, farve, RGIII, and Vick... And no Allen film or stats to disprove my point.
Well done.
-
Off the top of my head? I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh. I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.
Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.
Would you select them in the 1st round today?
Would you select them in the 1st round today?
That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make.
Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course. In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.
With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals. That player is Rosen.
-
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
Off the top of my head? I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh. I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.
Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.
Off the top of my head? I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh. I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.
Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.
John Boy played only 2 seasons in the toughest conference in the NCAA. Just 26 games which is 4 less than Rosen.
Manziel was better than Rosen ever thought of being for those stuck on stats. Manziel had a better average completion rate 69% , better TD to INT rate @ 34%, more TDs. Rosen had 307 more passing attempts and only 117 completions to show for it. 1521 more passing yards.
No thanks on Rosen.
-
Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.
Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.
NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go
I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for. What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.
Blah blah blah blah blah.
So a comparison of Allen vs Rosen gets a rambling response about manziel, Brees, brady, farve, RGIII, and Vick... And no Allen film or stats to disprove my point.
Well done.
-
Would you select them in the 1st round today?
That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make.
Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course. In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.
With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals. That player is Rosen.
That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make.
Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course. In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.
With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals. That player is Rosen.
No it is not a wrong argument to make.
Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.
-
Like I said, the Rosen minions are stuck on stats.
I don't think that is true. Any more than say, the anti-Allen group are stuck on stats. I think they are stuck on seeing what many call is the most NFL ready...pocket style QB out there.
I am in no camp...and I don't know if in fact Rosen IS that (the most NFL adaptable guy).....but I don't think it is all about stats.
-
That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make.
Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course. In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.
With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals. That player is Rosen.
No it is not a wrong argument to make.
Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.
No it is not a wrong argument to make.
Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.
Like Mariota and Winston have?
Which is the "right" offense, might I ask? You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.
Also... John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them... once. Bama' in 12. Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.
Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.
I don't support Rosen because of his "stats". I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.
-
No it is not a wrong argument to make.
Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.
Like Mariota and Winston have?
Which is the "right" offense, might I ask? You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.
Also... John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them... once. Bama' in 12. Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.
Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.
I don't support Rosen because of his "stats". I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.
Like Mariota and Winston have?
Which is the "right" offense, might I ask? You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.
Also... John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them... once. Bama' in 12. Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.
Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.
I don't support Rosen because of his "stats". I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.
Just not worth it man. I made an entire thread that didn't use stats at all (as if using stats is bad in the first place) and the anti-Rosen crowd here doesn't give a crap. At the end of the day they see the guy as a liberal leaning rich kid and that makes them mad. It became VERY apparent so I'm not going to swim upstream for people who don't wanna listen. I'm sure I'll get some boo hoo responses but it's just the truth.
Now in all seriousness with Rosen, I've made my opinion that he's the best prospect in the class. I am a bit worried about the concussions though, I'll be interested to see how he checks out medically.
-
NFL execs unanimously pick Sam Darnold over Josh Rosen - 247Sports
Nov 17, 2017 - NFL executive just made the call on the Draft's toughest decision. ... Countless hours will be poured into the evaluation process to avoid a bust. UCLA's Josh Rosen and USC's Sam Darnold have been widely regarded as the top options. NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah polled five executives to gauge which
Anonymous Sources: Josh Rosen Using Football to Make Money | The ...
thebiglead.com/2018/01/03/anonymous-sources-josh-rosen-comparisons-character/Jan 3, 2018 - Scouts have concerns about Josh Rosen's mentality. ... UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is likely to be a top pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. His potential is ... In a 2016 Sports Illustrated feature, Rosen's worst-case scenario was another Heisman-winning NFL bust not named Robert Griffin III. And yet Rosen ...
-
5 execs in November and the always fun "anonymous" sources.
You're being played, old man. You don't even realize it.
-
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/josh-rosen?id=2560059
Weaknesses
Durability is a concern. Carries slight build and has had injury issues dating back to high school. Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch. Too casual in pocket set-up. Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent. Refuses easy throws at times. Arm talent and strength are below average. May need to make greater effort to drive field and seam throws. Poor career deep ball completion rate. Excess air under ball allows challenges. Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top. Needs better anticipation. Poor mobility. Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away. Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student.Draft Projection
Round 1Sources Tell Us
"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL ExecutiveNFL Comparison
Trent GreenBottom Line
Josh Rosen's footwork and mechanics make him as pretty a quarterback as you will find in this year's draft. The biggest concern with Rosen is that his on-field success requires many elements to stay on schedule. He lacks plus arm strength, so identifying coverage (pre- and post-snap) and throwing with anticipation takes on added importance. Rosen has the pocket poise, accuracy and intelligence to become a good NFL starter, but he needs to be willing to take what defenses give him more frequently. Rosen will need to quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login