Skip to content

The Combine - a few days away...

The Browns Board
152 20 3.3k
  • @hoorta said:

    Cal, you're as negative about Rosen as Po is positive about Barkley. You don't need to keep spewing the same diatribe- it's really, really old. 

    FWIW, Mark isn't in love with Rosen- neither am I. But we say anything negative about Allen- or think he's not all that great a prospect- you get your panties all in a bunch. 

    @calfoxwc said:

       Again, it's like you and Mark and a few others frantically want to convince the Browns to draft rosen, and you can't stand anything positive about a player that isn't your guy.

    And there it is...right there in plain sight for everyone to see.  Cal you can't read what others are posting because you feel the need to defend your boy wonder Allen so badly.   One last time and then I'm done responding to you because you've just become a waste of my time...kinda like the other prospect humper Poe has become.   Rosen is not my first choice.   Did you get it that time? 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    And there it is...right there in plain sight for everyone to see.  Cal you can't read what others are posting because you feel the need to defend your boy wonder Allen so badly.   One last time and then I'm done responding to you because you've just become a waste of my time...kinda like the other prospect humper Poe has become.   Rosen is not my first choice.   Did you get it that time? 

      I"m not defending Allen, Markie. I'm countering the constant nonsense about how he is definitely a bust, etc etc etc etc. As far as your boy rosen...lol.... your constant false allegations about me deserve that. See, you slur me, so I nailed you with being a rosenbum.

       I wish you would just STFU just once. Did you accept the deal? you stop talking about Allen and Rosen completely til the draft, or until after the draft, and I will too?

    Deal? or NO DEAL ?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    BTW, I'd have go find it, but Boo is correct - and Allen knows he needs serious work on his footwork - he admitted he's been working on it seriously. That is easier than overcoming a personality that can ruin a career before it gets going, and being fragile, and being immobile, and being a sarcastic jackwagon sombeitch. I'd take my chances with the first one. But Allen needs work. But like Elway was saying - if it works out, a qb could be one of the best with great coaching and work.

    Realistically, has Cleveland ever "fixed" a QB with serious flaws? I am not jumping up and down for Rosen by any means. I just think that he and Darnold require the least amount of "fixing". A top 4 pick shouldn't require a major reworking of their mechanics. Cleveland doesn't have that kind of luxury to wait around on their guy to "get it". 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Realistically, has Cleveland ever "fixed" a QB with serious flaws? I am not jumping up and down for Rosen by any means. I just think that he and Darnold require the least amount of "fixing". A top 4 pick shouldn't require a major reworking of their mechanics. Cleveland doesn't have that kind of luxury to wait around on their guy to "get it". 

    Well, it seems that way. There isn't a qb in this draft with no significant questions. Wentz was that guy. Garroppolo sp? was that guy. There aren't many. No matter who the Browns might draft at 1 or 4, they are taking a chance with any qb. That is the tough part.

    You can't coach away stupid, but if a very athletic player can adapt and fix his shortcomings, that would be great. I don't think you can coach seeing the field.  Right now, I just hope they don't get the #22 pick and draft a qb, because that will make us all sick before the guy busts.  Not many Garoppolos around. sp? dammit.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Realistically, has Cleveland ever "fixed" a QB with serious flaws? I am not jumping up and down for Rosen by any means. I just think that he and Darnold require the least amount of "fixing". A top 4 pick shouldn't require a major reworking of their mechanics. Cleveland doesn't have that kind of luxury to wait around on their guy to "get it". 

    Well, it seems that way. There isn't a qb in this draft with no significant questions. Wentz was that guy. Garroppolo sp? was that guy. There aren't many. No matter who the Browns might draft at 1 or 4, they are taking a chance with any qb. That is the tough part.

    You can't coach away stupid, but if a very athletic player can adapt and fix his shortcomings, that would be great. I don't think you can coach seeing the field.  Right now, I just hope they don't get the #22 pick and draft a qb, because that will make us all sick before the guy busts.  Not many Garoppolos around. sp? dammit.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, it seems that way. There isn't a qb in this draft with no significant questions. Wentz was that guy. Garroppolo sp? was that guy. There aren't many. No matter who the Browns might draft at 1 or 4, they are taking a chance with any qb. That is the tough part.

    You can't coach away stupid, but if a very athletic player can adapt and fix his shortcomings, that would be great. I don't think you can coach seeing the field.  Right now, I just hope they don't get the #22 pick and draft a qb, because that will make us all sick before the guy busts.  Not many Garoppolos around. sp? dammit.

    If they trade back to 22 and take a QB, I will dropkick my TV haha.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Realistically, has Cleveland ever "fixed" a QB with serious flaws? I am not jumping up and down for Rosen by any means. I just think that he and Darnold require the least amount of "fixing". A top 4 pick shouldn't require a major reworking of their mechanics. Cleveland doesn't have that kind of luxury to wait around on their guy to "get it". 

    I completely agree. A top 4 pick needs to be a star and very very quickly.   Rosen's injury history scares me.  Of all of them, Darnold needs the least fixing I think.  I believe that the fumbles can be coached out of him, like we've seen with running backs.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    I completely agree. A top 4 pick needs to be a star and very very quickly.   Rosen's injury history scares me.  Of all of them, Darnold needs the least fixing I think.  I believe that the fumbles can be coached out of him, like we've seen with running backs.

    I think I fall into this line of thinking. Rosen may be the best passer now but he could very well end up being a Sam Bradford. Good when healthy. Concussions and shoulder injuries already and the kid hasn't touched an NFL field. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Rosen having a couple games with shoulders issues is somehow like Bradford...?

    Does anyone actually remember what happened to Sam and missing that full season or have we forgot?

  • Rosen having a couple games with shoulders issues is somehow like Bradford...?

    Does anyone actually remember what happened to Sam and missing that full season or have we forgot?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Rosen having a couple games with shoulders issues is somehow like Bradford...?

    Does anyone actually remember what happened to Sam and missing that full season or have we forgot?

    Shoulder issues plus a couple of concussions this past season. 

  • Rosen having a couple games with shoulders issues is somehow like Bradford...?

    Does anyone actually remember what happened to Sam and missing that full season or have we forgot?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares

    @tiamat63 said:

    Rosen having a couple games with shoulders issues is somehow like Bradford...?

    Does anyone actually remember what happened to Sam and missing that full season or have we forgot?

    The potential is there for a guy who is already showing signs of getting dinged up to continue that course into the pros. He won't become more durable. The kid already has two concussions in one season and had to have surgery on his throwing shoulder. The kid was in concussion protocol for a month. All of those injuries happened in one season. 

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    Rosen is a smart kid. Do you think he will want to keep going if he gets one or two more concussions? 

  • @mark-o said:

    I would guess that "almost" is the key word in that sentence.

    It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

    You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

    His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

    You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

    His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

    Go ahead, say what we all think.....that Cal's hatred of Rosen is  because of you know what.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    You can't coach away stupid,

    Be that on the football field or on a chat board.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's laughable how obviously transparent his hatred is of Rosen. 

    You don't hold a grudge, a vendetta like his against some kid he's never met who could very well NOT PLAY FOR THE BROWNS just because you think his teammates don't like him and that he comes from a rich family. You say you'd rather not draft him and move on. 

    His non-stop bitching and moaning, name-calling and childishness against Rosen has a very personal feel to it. Despite his pathetic attempts to convince everyone, we all know why he feels such vitriol towards him. 

    Go ahead, say what we all think.....that Cal's hatred of Rosen is  because of you know what.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Go ahead, say what we all think.....that Cal's hatred of Rosen is  because of you know what.

    I don't hate rosen at all. I would just never draft him. He has flaws that make him

    undraftable for "my" team. He isn't on the list. Based on intangibles he doesn't have, arrogance he definately has to a negative degree in spades, based on physical durability, has been said to be uncoachable, and etc etc etc etc etc. Long before somebody brought up you know what. That didn't help, but he was already off the list. Finding out about you know what is just added proof that his being off the list was legit.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Rosen having a couple games with shoulders issues is somehow like Bradford...?

    Does anyone actually remember what happened to Sam and missing that full season or have we forgot?

    The potential is there for a guy who is already showing signs of getting dinged up to continue that course into the pros. He won't become more durable. The kid already has two concussions in one season and had to have surgery on his throwing shoulder. The kid was in concussion protocol for a month. All of those injuries happened in one season. 

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    The potential is there for a guy who is already showing signs of getting dinged up to continue that course into the pros. He won't become more durable. The kid already has two concussions in one season and had to have surgery on his throwing shoulder. The kid was in concussion protocol for a month. All of those injuries happened in one season. 

    The shoulder injury happened his sophomore year,  missed about half the season had surgery.  He came back Jr year and looked better than his freshman year. 

    He had 2 concussions this season. 

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    Colin Cowherd seems to think Rosen and Darnold will go 1 & 2 (not necessarily in that order)  and if anyone thinks otherwise they're kidding themselves. 

    I can totally see the upside with Darnold over Rosen with mobility and durability. They'll both be good 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    The potential is there for a guy who is already showing signs of getting dinged up to continue that course into the pros. He won't become more durable. The kid already has two concussions in one season and had to have surgery on his throwing shoulder. The kid was in concussion protocol for a month. All of those injuries happened in one season. 

    The shoulder injury happened his sophomore year,  missed about half the season had surgery.  He came back Jr year and looked better than his freshman year. 

    He had 2 concussions this season. 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    The shoulder injury happened his sophomore year,  missed about half the season had surgery.  He came back Jr year and looked better than his freshman year. 

    He had 2 concussions this season. 

    Went back and read that again. I was wrong on that one. I thought it was all in the past season. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Go ahead, say what we all think.....that Cal's hatred of Rosen is  because of you know what.

    I don't hate rosen at all. I would just never draft him. He has flaws that make him

    undraftable for "my" team. He isn't on the list. Based on intangibles he doesn't have, arrogance he definately has to a negative degree in spades, based on physical durability, has been said to be uncoachable, and etc etc etc etc etc. Long before somebody brought up you know what. That didn't help, but he was already off the list. Finding out about you know what is just added proof that his being off the list was legit.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I don't hate rosen at all. I would just never draft him. He has flaws that make him

    undraftable for "my" team. He isn't on the list. Based on intangibles he doesn't have, arrogance he definately has to a negative degree in spades, based on physical durability, has been said to be uncoachable, and etc etc etc etc etc. Long before somebody brought up you know what. That didn't help, but he was already off the list. Finding out about you know what is just added proof that his being off the list was legit.

    The you know what that you may be thinking of is different than the you know what that I am thinking of.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    cal I'm gonna laugh out loud at your expense if we end up with Rosen somehow..😁

    Same for PoG & Ghoolie  if we pass on Barkley. Every time he makes a first down elsewhere we'll hear about it here first.😆

  • cal I'm gonna laugh out loud at your expense if we end up with Rosen somehow..😁

    Same for PoG & Ghoolie  if we pass on Barkley. Every time he makes a first down elsewhere we'll hear about it here first.😆

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    cal I'm gonna laugh out loud at your expense if we end up with Rosen somehow..😁

    Same for PoG & Ghoolie  if we pass on Barkley. Every time he makes a first down elsewhere we'll hear about it here first.😆

      Well, I'll be a mess, LOL at the same time I cry in my root beer....🙄

  • @hoorta said:

    Cal, you're as negative about Rosen as Po is positive about Barkley. You don't need to keep spewing the same diatribe- it's really, really old. 

    FWIW, Mark isn't in love with Rosen- neither am I. But we say anything negative about Allen- or think he's not all that great a prospect- you get your panties all in a bunch. 

    and yet, it's fine with you regarding all the repeated and repeated and repeated exaggerations about Allen. Go figure, eh?

    I ain't got panties, girlyman. I'm just sitting back wondering why all the hate toward Allen, and not one freaking positive. But I'm so negative about rosen? Mirrors have reflections. Well, unless you're a vampire...crap.

        For every action, there is a reaction. I offered Markie a deal. Haven't noticed if he took it up or not. I'm responding, not initiating.

    It's just a bit of poetic justice. Rosen isn't likeable. Best pure passer, yada yada yada a thousand times. The ONLY thing you few have to say about Allen is that he sucks. Well, we'll see where he gets drafted, in what order the qb's do.

       Again, it's like you and Mark and a few others frantically want to convince the Browns to draft rosen, and you can't stand anything positive about a player that isn't your guy.

      I'll offer you the same deal: You stop ragging on Allen, stop talking about him completely until the draft, and I won't say one peep about rosen til the draft. Have a nice day. Oh, you are correct, though, it's all been said more than a few times, nothing else to say.

      I quit talking about Allen and Rosen, but you few kept at it. What goes around comes around.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    and yet, it's fine with you regarding all the repeated and repeated and repeated exaggerations about Allen. Go figure, eh?

    I ain't got panties, girlyman. I'm just sitting back wondering why all the hate toward Allen, and not one freaking positive. But I'm so negative about rosen? Mirrors have reflections. Well, unless you're a vampire...crap.

        For every action, there is a reaction. I offered Markie a deal. Haven't noticed if he took it up or not. I'm responding, not initiating.

    It's just a bit of poetic justice. Rosen isn't likeable. Best pure passer, yada yada yada a thousand times. The ONLY thing you few have to say about Allen is that he sucks. Well, we'll see where he gets drafted, in what order the qb's do.

       Again, it's like you and Mark and a few others frantically want to convince the Browns to draft rosen, and you can't stand anything positive about a player that isn't your guy.

      I'll offer you the same deal: You stop ragging on Allen, stop talking about him completely until the draft, and I won't say one peep about rosen til the draft. Have a nice day. Oh, you are correct, though, it's all been said more than a few times, nothing else to say.

      I quit talking about Allen and Rosen, but you few kept at it. What goes around comes around.

    1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads. 

    2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board. 

    3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character. Problem is, anything that casts Allen in a negative light, is your cue to act like a Pavlog Dog to go on a anti-Rosen diatribe. The two aren't related Cal. Start a Josh Rosen sucks thread, and see how many responses you're going to get. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    and yet, it's fine with you regarding all the repeated and repeated and repeated exaggerations about Allen. Go figure, eh?

    I ain't got panties, girlyman. I'm just sitting back wondering why all the hate toward Allen, and not one freaking positive. But I'm so negative about rosen? Mirrors have reflections. Well, unless you're a vampire...crap.

        For every action, there is a reaction. I offered Markie a deal. Haven't noticed if he took it up or not. I'm responding, not initiating.

    It's just a bit of poetic justice. Rosen isn't likeable. Best pure passer, yada yada yada a thousand times. The ONLY thing you few have to say about Allen is that he sucks. Well, we'll see where he gets drafted, in what order the qb's do.

       Again, it's like you and Mark and a few others frantically want to convince the Browns to draft rosen, and you can't stand anything positive about a player that isn't your guy.

      I'll offer you the same deal: You stop ragging on Allen, stop talking about him completely until the draft, and I won't say one peep about rosen til the draft. Have a nice day. Oh, you are correct, though, it's all been said more than a few times, nothing else to say.

      I quit talking about Allen and Rosen, but you few kept at it. What goes around comes around.

    1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads. 

    2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board. 

    3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character. Problem is, anything that casts Allen in a negative light, is your cue to act like a Pavlog Dog to go on a anti-Rosen diatribe. The two aren't related Cal. Start a Josh Rosen sucks thread, and see how many responses you're going to get. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads. 

    2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board. 

    3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character. Problem is, anything that casts Allen in a negative light, is your cue to act like a Pavlog Dog to go on a anti-Rosen diatribe. The two aren't related Cal. Start a Josh Rosen sucks thread, and see how many responses you're going to get. 

    It isn't a falsehood to say that your facts, like completion percentage, are easily qualified.

    The meaning of them is subjective. Intangibles are far more subjective. You ask anybody in the NFL - do they draft solely on facts? or do they try to get an idea of the player's personality, toughness, love for the game, leadership and ability to process information?

      Not so measureable by stats, eh? So, YOU argue facts, and think that is all that matters. Some of us see INTANGIBLES that are as important, MORE important than your facts.

    1. Here is your rosen that you love, far more than Allen

    2. One more time - I do not hate rosen at all. I just don't respect him as a choice for me, and the Browns. His shortcomings are not coachable, and can be destructive enough to cause him to fail in the NFL.

    3. Oh, shut up already. I've NEVER said we have to draft Allen. I'm admitted he needs footwork fixing. HE ADMITS IT.

    He's working on it now. Look at the video where your rosenbum throws a very, very bad INT. do you see great footwork there?

    DER.

  • @hoorta said:

    1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads. 

    2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board. 

    3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character. Problem is, anything that casts Allen in a negative light, is your cue to act like a Pavlog Dog to go on a anti-Rosen diatribe. The two aren't related Cal. Start a Josh Rosen sucks thread, and see how many responses you're going to get. 

    It isn't a falsehood to say that your facts, like completion percentage, are easily qualified.

    The meaning of them is subjective. Intangibles are far more subjective. You ask anybody in the NFL - do they draft solely on facts? or do they try to get an idea of the player's personality, toughness, love for the game, leadership and ability to process information?

      Not so measureable by stats, eh? So, YOU argue facts, and think that is all that matters. Some of us see INTANGIBLES that are as important, MORE important than your facts.

    1. Here is your rosen that you love, far more than Allen

    2. One more time - I do not hate rosen at all. I just don't respect him as a choice for me, and the Browns. His shortcomings are not coachable, and can be destructive enough to cause him to fail in the NFL.

    3. Oh, shut up already. I've NEVER said we have to draft Allen. I'm admitted he needs footwork fixing. HE ADMITS IT.

    He's working on it now. Look at the video where your rosenbum throws a very, very bad INT. do you see great footwork there?

    DER.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    It isn't a falsehood to say that your facts, like completion percentage, are easily qualified.

    The meaning of them is subjective. Intangibles are far more subjective. You ask anybody in the NFL - do they draft solely on facts? or do they try to get an idea of the player's personality, toughness, love for the game, leadership and ability to process information?

      Not so measureable by stats, eh? So, YOU argue facts, and think that is all that matters. Some of us see INTANGIBLES that are as important, MORE important than your facts.

    1. Here is your rosen that you love, far more than Allen

    2. One more time - I do not hate rosen at all. I just don't respect him as a choice for me, and the Browns. His shortcomings are not coachable, and can be destructive enough to cause him to fail in the NFL.

    3. Oh, shut up already. I've NEVER said we have to draft Allen. I'm admitted he needs footwork fixing. HE ADMITS IT.

    He's working on it now. Look at the video where your rosenbum throws a very, very bad INT. do you see great footwork there?

    DER.

    Yes.  It's a bad pick at the end of a game on a long 3rd down.  Everyone has seen it a million times. It's ONE PLAY. 

    Keep beating that dead horse some more. Every analyst and scout who praises his mechanics is obviously wrong,  because of that one throw. 

    And yes,  the majority of this board thinks you hate Rosen. They didn't pull that out of the sky.