I am to be featured in a Travel Magazine Article
-
You all may think that the vastness of my knowledge only applies to football...right?

However, that is not the case. My avid hobby of traveling is actually going to produce a (somewhat) feature article on me in my Travel Club magazine.
If and when I have access to it, I will try to post a link. It may be another month for the volume to be produced. They put one out quarterly...and this will probably be in the Spring version of the mag.
Here is a generic link to the lastest magazine website:
https://indd.adobe.com/view/b989ca88-753a-4206-9c56-3f471dbec4a6
I will update when the article concerning me is produced.
-
Wow that's neat, I figured you might be the literary type plus with your rather extensive traveling that's a good fit.
I also figured between you and Johnny Cash you've been everywhere man.

Interesting magazine and interesting name, interval WORLD.
.......OK you piqued my curiosity:
Interval World Magazine
One of the many privileges of having a membership with Interval International is our premier travel publication, Interval World magazine®.
Interval World magazine® is packed with articles on vacation destinations, travel tips, updated membership information, and new resort listings. You'll also find great vacation bargains and exclusive members-only offers that will help you save money and have fun at home or away.
-
Wow, impressive. And awesome.
Look forward to the read.
Kudos Gip!
-
Wow that's neat, I figured you might be the literary type plus with your rather extensive traveling that's a good fit.
I also figured between you and Johnny Cash you've been everywhere man.

Interesting magazine and interesting name, interval WORLD.
.......OK you piqued my curiosity:
Interval World Magazine
One of the many privileges of having a membership with Interval International is our premier travel publication, Interval World magazine®.
Interval World magazine® is packed with articles on vacation destinations, travel tips, updated membership information, and new resort listings. You'll also find great vacation bargains and exclusive members-only offers that will help you save money and have fun at home or away.
Wow hat's neat, I figured you might be the literary type plus with your rather extensive traveling that's a good fit.
I also figured between you and Johnny Cash you've been everywhere man.

Interesting magazine and interesting name, interval WORLD.
.......OK you piqued my curiosity:
Interval World Magazine
One of the many privileges of having a membership with Interval International is our premier travel publication, Interval World magazine®.
Interval World magazine® is packed with articles on vacation destinations, travel tips, updated membership information, and new resort listings. You'll also find great vacation bargains and exclusive members-only offers that will help you save money and have fun at home or away.
Well...this is the magazine of the timeshare exchange group that I belong to. Like here, I am active in their online community, which is why I was chosen to be featured. I will have nothing to do with writing the article, but I will be the subject of it.
-
I look forward to it Gip.
-
just stopped by over here , that is really cool, Gipper. We plan a trip out west, all around, but you really have -traveled-.
-
just stopped by over here , that is really cool, Gipper. We plan a trip out west, all around, but you really have -traveled-.
just stopped by over here , that is really cool, Gipper. We plan a trip out west, all around, but you really have -traveled-.
I have been to every state...and to 48 of them on more than one occasion (Alaska and South Dakota...only once). I have been to the 100 largest cities in the USA....but not to #101...which is Spokane Wash. I have been to 52 of the 59 US National Parks (of the 7....5 are in Alaska reachable only be float plane.....one is in Samoa...and the other one is in Calif.....but it is fairly new). There are 417 National Park units. I have been to 335 of these....and plan to get to 4 more here the first week of April. Plus one in June...plus another 3 in August.
I have been to all of the Canadian Provinces...except Nunavut....and I have been to all of the major Canadian cities. (depending on what you consider "major")
But I have not done that much international travel as others have. Only non-US nations I have been to are Canada, Mexico, Ireland, UK, and France. Also...Cayman Islands...but that is actually a UK possession.
Where is your "out west" trip to you are planning?
-
-
just stopped by over here , that is really cool, Gipper. We plan a trip out west, all around, but you really have -traveled-.
I have been to every state...and to 48 of them on more than one occasion (Alaska and South Dakota...only once). I have been to the 100 largest cities in the USA....but not to #101...which is Spokane Wash. I have been to 52 of the 59 US National Parks (of the 7....5 are in Alaska reachable only be float plane.....one is in Samoa...and the other one is in Calif.....but it is fairly new). There are 417 National Park units. I have been to 335 of these....and plan to get to 4 more here the first week of April. Plus one in June...plus another 3 in August.
I have been to all of the Canadian Provinces...except Nunavut....and I have been to all of the major Canadian cities. (depending on what you consider "major")
But I have not done that much international travel as others have. Only non-US nations I have been to are Canada, Mexico, Ireland, UK, and France. Also...Cayman Islands...but that is actually a UK possession.
Where is your "out west" trip to you are planning?
I have been to every state...and to 48 of them on more than one occasion (Alaska and South Dakota...only once). I have been to the 100 largest cities in the USA....but not to #101...which is Spokane Wash. I have been to 52 of the 59 US National Parks (of the 7....5 are in Alaska reachable only be float plane.....one is in Samoa...and the other one is in Calif.....but it is fairly new). There are 417 National Park units. I have been to 335 of these....and plan to get to 4 more here the first week of April. Plus one in June...plus another 3 in August.
I have been to all of the Canadian Provinces...except Nunavut....and I have been to all of the major Canadian cities. (depending on what you consider "major")
But I have not done that much international travel as others have. Only non-US nations I have been to are Canada, Mexico, Ireland, UK, and France. Also...Cayman Islands...but that is actually a UK possession.
Where is your "out west" trip to you are planning?
Generally, we want to go to Yellowstone. Details aren't researched much yet.
-
I have been to every state...and to 48 of them on more than one occasion (Alaska and South Dakota...only once). I have been to the 100 largest cities in the USA....but not to #101...which is Spokane Wash. I have been to 52 of the 59 US National Parks (of the 7....5 are in Alaska reachable only be float plane.....one is in Samoa...and the other one is in Calif.....but it is fairly new). There are 417 National Park units. I have been to 335 of these....and plan to get to 4 more here the first week of April. Plus one in June...plus another 3 in August.
I have been to all of the Canadian Provinces...except Nunavut....and I have been to all of the major Canadian cities. (depending on what you consider "major")
But I have not done that much international travel as others have. Only non-US nations I have been to are Canada, Mexico, Ireland, UK, and France. Also...Cayman Islands...but that is actually a UK possession.
Where is your "out west" trip to you are planning?
Generally, we want to go to Yellowstone. Details aren't researched much yet.
Generally, we want to go to Yellowstone. Details aren't researched much yet.
Make sure you see the Grand Tetons while there just to the south of Yellowstone. And Cody has a complex of museums in one location full of western art, plains indian life, western firearms, etc. Well worth spending a day there for an outdoorsman like yourself cal.
-
Gip do you keep a pen and paper journal or trip notes on your travels -or- just put everything in the computer if so do you use tablets and wifi on the road and main frame at home? The digital world has become so much easier but I still like hand written notes.
Gip do you keep a pen and paper journal or trip notes on your travels -or- just put everything in the computer if so do you use tablets and wifi on the road and main frame at home? The digital world has become so much easier but I still like hand written notes.
None of the above. I don't do any of that. This article will not be about what I may have seen or did on my trips....
to be honest, other than being about me, somewhat....I don't know what it will be about exactly. How I have used my timeshare perhaps...as that is the focus of this magazine.
-
Generally, we want to go to Yellowstone. Details aren't researched much yet.
Make sure you see the Grand Tetons while there just to the south of Yellowstone. And Cody has a complex of museums in one location full of western art, plains indian life, western firearms, etc. Well worth spending a day there for an outdoorsman like yourself cal.
Make sure you see the Grand Tetons while there just to the south of Yellowstone. And Cody has a complex of museums in one location full of western art, plains indian life, western firearms, etc. Well worth spending a day there for an outdoorsman like yourself cal.
My brother used to live in Cody. And more than the outdoors stuff.....Cal can go visit some of his idols, by visiting the Prince ranch in Wapiti, outside the east gate of Yellowstone. It is the western home of Erik Prince and his sister Betsy DeVos. (plus their Mother Estel who is still alive I believe). My sister in law ran their household for some years, and my brother worked part time on their ranch.
You can go there to the local elemenary school to see where the Grizzly Bears wander the hallways.

-
I have been to every state...and to 48 of them on more than one occasion (Alaska and South Dakota...only once). I have been to the 100 largest cities in the USA....but not to #101...which is Spokane Wash. I have been to 52 of the 59 US National Parks (of the 7....5 are in Alaska reachable only be float plane.....one is in Samoa...and the other one is in Calif.....but it is fairly new). There are 417 National Park units. I have been to 335 of these....and plan to get to 4 more here the first week of April. Plus one in June...plus another 3 in August.
I have been to all of the Canadian Provinces...except Nunavut....and I have been to all of the major Canadian cities. (depending on what you consider "major")
But I have not done that much international travel as others have. Only non-US nations I have been to are Canada, Mexico, Ireland, UK, and France. Also...Cayman Islands...but that is actually a UK possession.
Where is your "out west" trip to you are planning?
Generally, we want to go to Yellowstone. Details aren't researched much yet.
Generally, we want to go to Yellowstone. Details aren't researched much yet.
Is there anything particular you want to know. I have been there a few times...and as I said, my brother lived near there.
In fact, the photo accompanying the article featuring me will be of me at Yellowstone. Here is a link to my facebook page where you can see that photo:
https://www.facebook.com/thomas.gipson.75
(yes, that is a Browns hat that I am wearing)
-
Went to San Antonio and stayed on the Riverwalk a couple of days this past Th, Fr. As we took the grandkids to the Alamo I was looking over the names of the fallen and where they came from. I noted that 4 were from Ohio. But ironically 11 were from Ireland and possibly a 12th since he is listed as Ireland or England. And I have no idea how one from Denmark ended up there. And I love the T-shirt with Crockett's last words to the US Congress, "You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas".

-
Went to San Antonio and stayed on the Riverwalk a couple of days this past Th, Fr. As we took the grandkids to the Alamo I was looking over the names of the fallen and where they came from. I noted that 4 were from Ohio. But ironically 11 were from Ireland and possibly a 12th since he is listed as Ireland or England. And I have no idea how one from Denmark ended up there. And I love the T-shirt with Crockett's last words to the US Congress, "You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas".

......, "You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas".

It that quintessential Texas or what!
-
......, "You May All Go To Hell And I Will Go To Texas".

It that quintessential Texas or what!
It that quintessential Texas or what!
Yep-kind of like the flag they made up on the spur of the moment at Gonzales in 1835 (year before the Alamo). Picture of a cannon with the words, "Come And Take It"
-
OK, the Article is here, though it is not really an article, just a blurb and a photo. Click on this:
https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/magazine/ii/iwna2018no1/index.html#3
By the way....that is a Browns hat I am wearing. But I have since lost that hat.
-
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

