I am to be featured in a Travel Magazine Article
-
Hey cousin Nero. Turns out my visit to Spain was just me "going home".

I just got my DNA results back from National Geographic Geno 2.0. Turns out I am 28% SW Europe which is primarily Spain and just over the Pyrenees into deep SW France. Guess my next stop there has to include Pamplona to meet my newly found cousin.
I was 67% NW Europe which includes primarily the British Isles/Ireland, but people there average only about 11% SW Europe which means I have about 2 1/2 times as much Spanish blood. Maybe I am a direct descendant of one of the Spanish Armada survivors.
I do know I have dark black hair even at age 71 (with a little gray sprinkled in now) just like both of my parents.
-
My DNA results came back, I'm 100 PERCENT AMERICAN!
-
My DNA results came back, I'm 100 PERCENT AMERICAN!
My DNA results came back, I'm 100 PERCENT AMERICAN!
I would have expected a fair percentage of equine posterial ancestry from you.
-
My DNA results came back, I'm 100 PERCENT AMERICAN!
My DNA results came back, I'm 100 PERCENT AMERICAN!
What is 100% American? Navaho? Meskawi? Ho-Chuck? What language do your people speak?
Most "Americans" are a mix of people from all over this world.
-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
-
My DNA results came back, I'm 100 PERCENT AMERICAN!
What is 100% American? Navaho? Meskawi? Ho-Chuck? What language do your people speak?
Most "Americans" are a mix of people from all over this world.
What is 100% American? Navaho? Meskawi? Ho-Chuck? What language do your people speak?
Most "Americans" are a mix of people from all over this world.
At one time I had thought that I had Native American blood in me.....but then I did the DNA testing....and not a drop.
Also....no Iberian either (Spanish/Portugese)....only 0.2% "Southern European"....maybe Italian. ย ย My wife had some Iberian...less than 1%. ย I am 98.9% ย Northern/Western European. ย 78.2% British/Irish, 11.3% "Broadly Northwestern European"....I had a Greatgrandmother that was Dutch. ย 8% French/German. 0.4% Scandinavian. ย 0.3% Arabian/North African. 0.5% West Africanย
-
What is 100% American? Navaho? Meskawi? Ho-Chuck? What language do your people speak?
Most "Americans" are a mix of people from all over this world.
At one time I had thought that I had Native American blood in me.....but then I did the DNA testing....and not a drop.
Also....no Iberian either (Spanish/Portugese)....only 0.2% "Southern European"....maybe Italian. ย ย My wife had some Iberian...less than 1%. ย I am 98.9% ย Northern/Western European. ย 78.2% British/Irish, 11.3% "Broadly Northwestern European"....I had a Greatgrandmother that was Dutch. ย 8% French/German. 0.4% Scandinavian. ย 0.3% Arabian/North African. 0.5% West Africanย
At one time I had thought that I had Native American blood in me.....but then I did the DNA testing....and not a drop.
Also....no Iberian either (Spanish/Portugese)....only 0.2% "Southern European"....maybe Italian. ย ย My wife had some Iberian...less than 1%. ย I am 98.9% ย Northern/Western European. ย 78.2% British/Irish, 11.3% "Broadly Northwestern European"....I had a Greatgrandmother that was Dutch. ย 8% French/German. 0.4% Scandinavian. ย 0.3% Arabian/North African. 0.5% West Africanย
-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
So, you are rootless. ย You don't know where you come from and you sure as hell don't seem to know where you are going.ย ย Do you not know even when/where your ancestors came to this ย country? ย How do you know that you are not a product of illegal immigrants?
I am first Generation American.....on one half. ย My mother was Irish...and remained an Irish citizen til she died. ย I have dual citizenship with Ireland. ย All I would need to do is to apply for an Irish passport if I wanted one.
On my Dad's side.....it is hard to tell......been here since before the Revolution. ย In fact.....I have a namesake....first and last name including same spelling (and my last name is not spelled conventionally)....who came over to Jamestown with John Smith in 1608. ย But there is no specific evidence that I am descended from him. ย Likely the opposite....as that person did not seem to survive the "starving time" ย in Jamestown.
In fact....there is some anecdotal evidence that perhaps it was my namesake that actually was the first known European to have killed a Native American.ย
So, I got that burden hanging over my neck.....except that I think I am off the hook because I am not descended from him.
-
At one time I had thought that I had Native American blood in me.....but then I did the DNA testing....and not a drop.
Also....no Iberian either (Spanish/Portugese)....only 0.2% "Southern European"....maybe Italian. ย ย My wife had some Iberian...less than 1%. ย I am 98.9% ย Northern/Western European. ย 78.2% British/Irish, 11.3% "Broadly Northwestern European"....I had a Greatgrandmother that was Dutch. ย 8% French/German. 0.4% Scandinavian. ย 0.3% Arabian/North African. 0.5% West Africanย
Maybe his grandmother was my great grandmother?

-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
But DNA won't show that you were born in America just where your DNA was derived from.....unless you were actually a true American, if you were one.ย

All you would need is a birth certificate for that. So you could be 100% North Korean and be born American in your book right?ย

-
Hey cousin Nero. Turns out my visit to Spain was just me "going home".

I just got my DNA results back from National Geographic Geno 2.0. Turns out I am 28% SW Europe which is primarily Spain and just over the Pyrenees into deep SW France. Guess my next stop there has to include Pamplona to meet my newly found cousin.
I was 67% NW Europe which includes primarily the British Isles/Ireland, but people there average only about 11% SW Europe which means I have about 2 1/2 times as much Spanish blood. Maybe I am a direct descendant of one of the Spanish Armada survivors.
I do know I have dark black hair even at age 71 (with a little gray sprinkled in now) just like both of my parents.
Hey cousin Nero. Turns out my visit to Spain was just me "going home".

I just got my DNA results back from National Geographic Geno 2.0. Turns out I am 28% SW Europe which is primarily Spain and just over the Pyrenees into deep SW France. Guess my next stop there has to include Pamplona to meet my newly found cousin.
I was 67% NW Europe which includes primarily the British Isles/Ireland, but people there average only about 11% SW Europe which means I have about 2 1/2 times as much Spanish blood. Maybe I am a direct descendant of one of the Spanish Armada survivors.
I do know I have dark black hair even at age 71 (with a little gray sprinkled in now) just like both of my parents.
LOL! Hah that's quite a discovery. I would say that though at least last 4-8 generations from my family most likely are 100% Spanish, probably we have some french ancestors as we live in the border.ย
You'd be more than welcome to Pamplona, and I'd guide you (or Gipper, if he decides to come) through my beautiful city heh
ย
-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
But DNA won't show that you were born in America just where your DNA was derived from.....unless you were actually a true American, if you were one.ย

All you would need is a birth certificate for that. So you could be 100% North Korean and be born American in your book right?ย

But DNA won't show that you were born in America just where your DNA was derived from.....unless you were actually a true American, if you were one.ย

All you would need is a birth certificate for that. So you could be 100% North Korean and be born American in your book right?ย

So called 'native americans' actually came from asia when there was a land bridge across the Bering sea, so.......
-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.
ย
-
Hey cousin Nero. Turns out my visit to Spain was just me "going home".

I just got my DNA results back from National Geographic Geno 2.0. Turns out I am 28% SW Europe which is primarily Spain and just over the Pyrenees into deep SW France. Guess my next stop there has to include Pamplona to meet my newly found cousin.
I was 67% NW Europe which includes primarily the British Isles/Ireland, but people there average only about 11% SW Europe which means I have about 2 1/2 times as much Spanish blood. Maybe I am a direct descendant of one of the Spanish Armada survivors.
I do know I have dark black hair even at age 71 (with a little gray sprinkled in now) just like both of my parents.
LOL! Hah that's quite a discovery. I would say that though at least last 4-8 generations from my family most likely are 100% Spanish, probably we have some french ancestors as we live in the border.ย
You'd be more than welcome to Pamplona, and I'd guide you (or Gipper, if he decides to come) through my beautiful city heh
ย
LOL! Hah that's quite a discovery. I would say that though at least last 4-8 generations from my family most likely are 100% Spanish, probably we have some french ancestors as we live in the border.ย
You'd be more than welcome to Pamplona, and I'd guide you (or Gipper, if he decides to come) through my beautiful city heh
ย
My brother and his wife want to go back to Spain again (they were with us last trip) because we all enjoyed staying in the Paradores so much while venturing out by auto from place to place. Looks like the closest one to you is in Olite (Parador de Olite). Any good place to stay in Pamplona you would recommend? Also do you have a metro like Barcelona has? We stayed in Barcelona a few days about 7 years ago. Lovedย it. We are considering a trip to Spain again and then driving to Sauternes in Bordeaux to stay a few days before going to Paris. So we would be going right through your area. I'll let you know when, but possibly as early as a year from now. It's all in the pre-planning stage so it might be a few months before anything is firmed up.
-
Hey cousin Nero. Turns out my visit to Spain was just me "going home".

I just got my DNA results back from National Geographic Geno 2.0. Turns out I am 28% SW Europe which is primarily Spain and just over the Pyrenees into deep SW France. Guess my next stop there has to include Pamplona to meet my newly found cousin.
I was 67% NW Europe which includes primarily the British Isles/Ireland, but people there average only about 11% SW Europe which means I have about 2 1/2 times as much Spanish blood. Maybe I am a direct descendant of one of the Spanish Armada survivors.
I do know I have dark black hair even at age 71 (with a little gray sprinkled in now) just like both of my parents.
LOL! Hah that's quite a discovery. I would say that though at least last 4-8 generations from my family most likely are 100% Spanish, probably we have some french ancestors as we live in the border.ย
You'd be more than welcome to Pamplona, and I'd guide you (or Gipper, if he decides to come) through my beautiful city heh
ย
LOL! Hah that's quite a discovery. I would say that though at least last 4-8 generations from my family most likely are 100% Spanish, probably we have some french ancestors as we live in the border.ย
You'd be more than welcome to Pamplona, and I'd guide you (or Gipper, if he decides to come) through my beautiful city heh
ย
Yea, we know what kind of a guided tourย you would give us......right on the horns of some damned bull. ย


-
But DNA won't show that you were born in America just where your DNA was derived from.....unless you were actually a true American, if you were one.ย

All you would need is a birth certificate for that. So you could be 100% North Korean and be born American in your book right?ย

So called 'native americans' actually came from asia when there was a land bridge across the Bering sea, so.......
So called 'native americans' actually came from asia when there was a land bridge across the Bering sea, so.......
So.....you are from Africa. ย Everyone derived from people coming out of Africa.
-
I'm a Native New Yorker.
-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.
ย
Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.
ย
Nearly every person who is of European descent has some Neanderthal blood in them.
-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish?ย I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.
ย
Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.
ย
That's my younger Brother when he tied one on.
-
I'm a Native New Yorker.
I'm a Native New Yorker.
That is where you were born....that is not where your ancestry derived from. ย Knowing you....you have a lot more Neanderthal than the rest of us!!


Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login