I am to be featured in a Travel Magazine Article
-
I was born here, so I'm an American, capish? I don't give a flying Shmuck where my ancestors came from.
Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.

Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.

That's my younger Brother when he tied one on.
-
I'm a Native New Yorker.
I'm a Native New Yorker.
That is where you were born....that is not where your ancestry derived from. Knowing you....you have a lot more Neanderthal than the rest of us!!


-
I agree...
-
LOL! Hah that's quite a discovery. I would say that though at least last 4-8 generations from my family most likely are 100% Spanish, probably we have some french ancestors as we live in the border.
You'd be more than welcome to Pamplona, and I'd guide you (or Gipper, if he decides to come) through my beautiful city heh
My brother and his wife want to go back to Spain again (they were with us last trip) because we all enjoyed staying in the Paradores so much while venturing out by auto from place to place. Looks like the closest one to you is in Olite (Parador de Olite). Any good place to stay in Pamplona you would recommend? Also do you have a metro like Barcelona has? We stayed in Barcelona a few days about 7 years ago. Loved it. We are considering a trip to Spain again and then driving to Sauternes in Bordeaux to stay a few days before going to Paris. So we would be going right through your area. I'll let you know when, but possibly as early as a year from now. It's all in the pre-planning stage so it might be a few months before anything is firmed up.
My brother and his wife want to go back to Spain again (they were with us last trip) because we all enjoyed staying in the Paradores so much while venturing out by auto from place to place. Looks like the closest one to you is in Olite (Parador de Olite). Any good place to stay in Pamplona you would recommend? Also do you have a metro like Barcelona has? We stayed in Barcelona a few days about 7 years ago. Loved it. We are considering a trip to Spain again and then driving to Sauternes in Bordeaux to stay a few days before going to Paris. So we would be going right through your area. I'll let you know when, but possibly as early as a year from now. It's all in the pre-planning stage so it might be a few months before anything is firmed up.
No joke, when I started reading 'paradores' I was immediately thinking about Olite's, even before I read it in your post. Great place with good weather and an amazing castle. Best hotel in Pamplona, in the centre of the downtown area is La Perla. Hotel Tres Reyes is 5mins away walking (from La Perla) too. They're also the most expensive ones. Another good hotel is Blanca de Navarra, which is at the end of the biggest avenue, but has a bus that takes you to downtown in 10mins every 4mins. Just so you get an idea, I live in the outskirts of the city and it takes me 30mins walking to arrive to the centre of the city.
Only city in the north with a Metro is Bilbao, with a single line. Anyway, we have good bus transport systems, which is almost the same (or even better) because cities are more dense and smaller.
And depending on your interests (history, gastronomy or maybe nature) I can give you some advice with more detail.
-
Oh no! Poor "Grams" is turning over in her grave.

Artists and scientists have created the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence.
She has been put together using analysis of DNA from 43,000-year-old bones that had been cannibalised.

That's my younger Brother when he tied one on.
That's my younger Brother when he tied one on.
That's my 1.5% which is just above the average of 1.3% for Europeans.

My wife says she is not surprised.

-
My brother and his wife want to go back to Spain again (they were with us last trip) because we all enjoyed staying in the Paradores so much while venturing out by auto from place to place. Looks like the closest one to you is in Olite (Parador de Olite). Any good place to stay in Pamplona you would recommend? Also do you have a metro like Barcelona has? We stayed in Barcelona a few days about 7 years ago. Loved it. We are considering a trip to Spain again and then driving to Sauternes in Bordeaux to stay a few days before going to Paris. So we would be going right through your area. I'll let you know when, but possibly as early as a year from now. It's all in the pre-planning stage so it might be a few months before anything is firmed up.
No joke, when I started reading 'paradores' I was immediately thinking about Olite's, even before I read it in your post. Great place with good weather and an amazing castle. Best hotel in Pamplona, in the centre of the downtown area is La Perla. Hotel Tres Reyes is 5mins away walking (from La Perla) too. They're also the most expensive ones. Another good hotel is Blanca de Navarra, which is at the end of the biggest avenue, but has a bus that takes you to downtown in 10mins every 4mins. Just so you get an idea, I live in the outskirts of the city and it takes me 30mins walking to arrive to the centre of the city.
Only city in the north with a Metro is Bilbao, with a single line. Anyway, we have good bus transport systems, which is almost the same (or even better) because cities are more dense and smaller.
And depending on your interests (history, gastronomy or maybe nature) I can give you some advice with more detail.
And depending on your interests (history, gastronomy or maybe nature) I can give you some advice with more detail.
Love history and we like sampling local fare that people in the area eat/drink. Also any red wines from that area you recommend we would be happy to sample with meals. If we make it to Pamplona we would be honored to have you as our guide. Years ago my wife and I drove our family to Teotihuacan (pyramid of the sun and pyramid of the moon) in Mexico and ended up with an 87 y.o. guide who spoke 5 different languages he had learned all around the world, but had come home for his final years to be a guide there. I insisted on torturing him with my very rusty Spanish between places we were walking and as a reward he took us to an archeological "dig" where they stopped to allow him to take us "where tourists don't go". You could tell the respect the people working the site had for the old man. And what a wonderful source of knowledge he carried in the 87 y.o. brain. Nothing like a local person to help you see a place through their eyes and experience.
-
I'm a Native New Yorker.
I'm a Native New Yorker.
That makes the equine posterior ancestery even more likely
-
Found gips cover photo:
-
Found gips cover photo:
Found gips cover photo:
Actually I think that is Cal fox after using one of those Russian face apps?
-
There is no freakin way I could be morphed into looking like Gipper. lol
-
-
What is a pity is that feckless fuckers like this can message bomb the forum. Mods....please delete....and this one too.
-
But speaking about my travels...
Cal: You said that he had wanted to make that trip to Yellowstone/Tetons., but got derailed. Have your issues resolved so that you may be able to make it before too long?
I am headed there in October.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login